GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

1419478964_large.jpg?1419478964

Marketplace Link

Price: $5

Layered, segmented energy shields combined with a nice distortion effect. Just run script create_shields and you are done! Example objects included.

Damage is taken to the outer layers first. Depending on how many segments you have, it matters which direction you are hit from.

The included script creates a path for a circular shield, but you could modify it to look like anything you want.

4489_original.jpg?1426475495

Edited by Ground Effect, 16 March 2015 - 03:21 AM.

Check out my creations here: https://marketplace....nd-effect-games

#2 GameGoblin

GameGoblin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4325 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

Nice stuff.. Worth buying. I liked the way, the enery shields look. Maybe, I'll be using this in my future projects. I just made a few changes and it works, the way I want it to. Good work! ;)

#3 Xeodisc Games

Xeodisc Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

Nice. I bought this but I was wondering if it was possible to make the shield sections appear around the ship, much like the blue shields in the picture. Is this possible?

#4 Ground Effect

Ground Effect

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:44 AM

I think you are in luck. The shields already do this, but you only see them for a split second. They can be made to appear constantly by commenting out "if shields_up" on line 13 in the draw_gui event of the shield object. Other than that, you can play around with the inputs of the create_shield script in the create event of the ship object, experiment with different sprites, etc.

#5 Xeodisc Games

Xeodisc Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

I think you are in luck. The shields already do this, but you only see them for a split second. They can be made to appear constantly by commenting out "if shields_up" on line 13 in the draw_gui event of the shield object. Other than that, you can play around with the inputs of the create_shield script in the create event of the ship object, experiment with different sprites, etc.

Hm, that's not the effect I was talking about. In the screenshots and at the top of this post there's a ship surrounded in blue with the concentric circles that seem to show the shield health around the ship. This effect, is it possible with this script? 1419478964_large.jpg?1419478964

#6 Ground Effect

Ground Effect

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

Yes, the rings in the picture demonstrate one possible appearance of the shield itself. No, the rings in the picture are not health bars, per se.

Having said that, I am thinking that other people might want the same thing as you, so I will add it in the next update :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scripts