• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 omegapixel_

omegapixel_

GMC Member

• 254 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:42 AM

I installed GM:S. I opened it up, it started updating... and what do I get, even after re-opening, running as admin, and re-installing twice?:

"Download Error!

The following modules could not be downloaded:

Windows8

Mac"

What do I do?

SPECS:

Windows 7 x64

AMD Radeon HD 7950

Intel Core i5 2500k

8GB RAM

Yes, my internet is fine. No, this is not the Steam version.

Help!

Edited by Koluv_Developer, 29 November 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#2 gflint

gflint

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

I am having the same issue.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  It is things like this that will take a product to the "delete and forget" list.  I was hoping to GameMaker this in my programming classes but I really do not have time to deal with errors like this.

#3 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Re-Update your license and then restart Studio.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 30 November 2014 - 03:37 PM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#4 gflint

gflint

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

There is no way to update the license.  The Update/Download Error is in a loop.  After the initial install the program it automatically goes into the update mode.  Then the Download Error window.  Closing the Download window starts the update progression window again.  Cancelling the update opens the Download error.  The only way to stop this loop is through Tack Manager.  Trying to start Gamemaker just starts the loop again.  I have installed this on some other laptops without issue.  I just do not have the update run automatically.  I have had the issue with the infinite error loop on other laptops when running the updater.  I just uninstalled Gamemaker, reinstalled and it ran without the auto updater firing off.  Weird.

#5 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

Whenever a simple un-install/re-install doesn't work, the next step should be completely removing all remnants of Game Maker by deleting any files from the %appdata% and %localappdata% folders, then downloading the stand alone installer.

https://yoyogames.com/tech_blog/91

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#6 omegapixel_

omegapixel_

GMC Member

• 254 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

I did do that more than twice... and, for some reason, early access version of GM:S works.

#7 gflint

gflint

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

Got it.  Deleted everything,  I did not know there was anything in local>appdata but there was so got rid of it.  I also delete all Gamemaker registry entries.  Seems to be working now.  Something somewhere was hung up.  Thanks.

#8 tjiani111

tjiani111

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

I have the same problem I did everything that is listed here but it doesn't work?!?!?!

#9 gflint

gflint

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

I also went into the registry and searched for and deleted anything referring to Gamemaker.  I did not think it was necessary but maybe it was.

#10 RyenDeckard

RyenDeckard

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Whenever a simple un-install/re-install doesn't work, the next step should be completely removing all remnants of Game Maker by deleting any files from the %appdata% and %localappdata% folders, then downloading the stand alone installer.

https://yoyogames.com/tech_blog/91

Thank you very much for your post, this helped me resolve my issues. I had multiple versions of gamemaker installed (old versions and a steam version) and these were conflicting with the current version.