#1 James.Foreman

James.Foreman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

autumn_banner_940.png

For six days only, YoYo Games is offering up to 60% reduction on GameMaker: Studio Professional, and Export Modules. To kick off our Autumn Sale, GameMaker: Studio Master Collection has 20% off until 17:00 (GMT) November 27.
  • 20% off GameMaker: Studio Master Collection - End 17:00 (GMT) November 27.
  • 60% off GameMaker: Studio Professional.
  • 50% off all of the Export Modules (HTML5, iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 Ubuntu Linux).
With GameMaker: Studio Professional, you have With GameMaker: Studio Professional, you have access to all the features you need to release your game to the world faster than ever before!

Take advantage of GameMaker: Studio’s export modules by targeting some of the biggest platforms to bring your games to the masses. With 50% off, our export modules have never been more accessible. Just enter your GameMaker: Studio Professional licence key to our Checkout to get started.
It is time to take your game development to the next level with GameMaker: Studio.

Sale ends December 2 2014, so take advantage of these offers before they are gone.

#2 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

q7JI5nu.png

Should I just get a new license, then? :P
Jmds8UL.png

#3 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Are there any additional discounts if you bought GM:S Standard back before it was free?

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#4 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

See BR55's post. You get to pay an extra $10 if you upgrade from Standard to Pro during the sale! This is a never-before-seen, revolutionary upgrade option! :woot: Edit: Apparently been done before. Meh. :P

TL;DR No, sale and upgrade discount do not stack. Or rather, they do stack, but to a purely negative extent.

Edited by TsukaYuriko, 26 November 2014 - 11:17 PM.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#5 karlos

karlos

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Getting popcorn and waiting for the usual crowd to whine about why they have been hard done by. :)

#6 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

See BR55's post. You get to pay an extra $10 if you upgrade from Standard to Pro during the sale! This is a never-before-seen, revolutionary upgrade option! :woot:

TL;DR No, sale and upgrade discount do not stack. Or rather, they do stack, but to a purely negative extent.

It's not negative for YoYo, they save $10.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#7 Gribble0

Gribble0

YoYo Games Staff

• Administrators
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

Yes, as said before here.  I think you have entered your license key getting you the old Standard -> Professional Upgrade.  Our upgrades offers do not stack normally and this is why this has happened.  

If you refresh and do not enter your license key you will get the correct (cheaper) price.

I honestly think you have found the best deal ever though ;)
I think we unintentionally copied the Cards Against Humanity people.. 

Twitter - @Gribble0

#8 Argh!

Argh!

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Getting popcorn and waiting for the usual crowd to whine about why they have been hard done by. :)

Is that the expected protocol?  Well okay, better start things off properly then...

Nooooo!  I just bought the iOS exporter to get it before the November price increase, and now it's actually cheaper?!  Argh!

Am I doing it right? :unsure:

#9 LukeLC

LukeLC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:38 AM

Aw man, could've saved $50 if I just waited a bit on that Android export module. Oh well, such is life.

^ (Me trying to demonstrate how to handle these situations)

LukeLC

bmcd7l6.png

#10 freaknarf

freaknarf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

"With 50% off, our export modules have never been more accessible"

Wasn't HTML5 module exactly the same price 2 days ago before it takes +100% then -50%? ... Sorry I was waiting sales to buy this module, so as it sounds a bit false i feel a bit disappointed... I guess it's the principle of "sales"...

Cordially

Knarf

#11 RM10

RM10

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hello everyone. Im new here, and also new to gamemaker. I've been learning it for 2 weeks now. Already learning GML and making some cool stuff.

I wonder if it would be wise to buy the Pro version while it's on sale. Maybe I will need it later, or maybe I will be to bad and never get to do anything great :P

Any tips?

By the way, should I get it from the website or steam?

#12 retrofan

retrofan

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Last time I wanted to purchase the HTML5 export when it was on sale for $50 and it's going to be $199 if i'm going to wait longer. Best to purchase this export license now is it not?

#13 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

@RM10:

Welcome to the GMC! :)

I suggest you start with the Standard version - it's free and has all the features you need to get started with GM and get comfortable using it. If you end up liking it and want to make more efficient games, want to get rid of the splash screen or want to develop for one or two other platforms, buying Pro (and the appropriate modules, if applicable) would be a good option.

If you're planning to use GM commercially, you should think about buying the Master Collection - as soon as you want to develop for more than three platforms, you'll save more money in the long run by buying MC instead.

Also, always get GM from YoYo's website, never from Steam. You get an additional Steam key free of charge when you buy it from YoYo, but you don't get a serial if you buy it from Steam - so if you buy from the website, you can freely choose which edition to use at any given time. If you buy from Steam, you're forced to use the Steam version, which is notorious for having a couple of annoying bugs and other quirks.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

@retrofan: Whether you want to buy it now or not is up to you - if you need it now, get it now. The price tag shouldn't be a problem if you absolutely need something, so if you just want to make HTML5 games for fun, answer this question to yourself: Do you want to go the safe route and get the HTML5 export for $100, or do you want to "gamble" and wait for another sale that might offer an even bigger (50% is plenty!) HTML5 export discount with the potential of it not happening and ending up to have to pay more? The former will also allow you to get started right away, while the latter option will have you wait for an undefined amount of time.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#14 RM10

RM10

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

@TsukaYuriko

Thanks a lot for your opinion and help.

Im currently using the free GMS. Maybe it's better to buy the Pro at other time, after I learn more and feel confident about my capacities.

Maybe on the next sales, I hope.

#15 raisins

raisins

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Please note that it's change to 75% discount now! That makes the price $24.99 from $39.99. It's definitely worth getting!

Edit: purchased a copy, took aprox. 3 minutes to process everything. Now I'm running GM:S Pro. One happy customer here.

Edited by raisins, 27 November 2014 - 05:50 PM.

fxYmZ6o.png

Visit my blog for GM tutorials and more! Ask.fm me a question! :D

kWb6ZYf.png  Vd9fN4l.png

#16 RM10

RM10

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Please note that it's change to 75% discount now! That makes the price $24.99 from $39.99. It's definitely worth getting!

Edit: purchased a copy, took aprox. 3 minutes to process everything. Now I'm running GM:S Pro. One happy customer here.

Okay, maybe i should get it now.

#17 ShubhamBansod

ShubhamBansod

͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• GMC Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:42 PM

25$ is the minium price for GMS pro .even i upgraded my GMS standard to pro last year at 25$ nd thn the same deal is after a year so its a one_in_year offer.. be smart grab it.. otherwise u willl cry :-P

If i Help u ...click the + sign below.....

#18 xenoss

xenoss

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Thank you for the flash deal. Something prevented me from buying yesterday and now I get to buy for $25. (Although realistically, I bought the Steam version -that I didn't use at all- long ago for $50... soI didn't really save much)

This makes me want to wait and see what Flash deals are out everyday and hold off on making other purchases.

But at the end of the day, you still got me to spend, so I guess this sale worked on me.

#19 Argh!

Argh!

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

25$ is the minium price for GMS pro .even i upgraded my GMS standard to pro last year at 25$ nd thn the same deal is after a year so its a one_in_year offer.. be smart grab it.. otherwise u willl cry :-P

Yeah me too, I've taken advantage of several previous offers so I can't really get upset over missing out on this sale.  I think Pro offered more over the old free version back then, but it still sounds like a great deal to me.  I'd go for it now if I didn't already have it!

#20 ShubhamBansod

ShubhamBansod

͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• GMC Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

Lets see What will be in Christmas Sale if it will come :) :P

If i Help u ...click the + sign below.....

#21 danibus

danibus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

Good day all

I have GameMaker: Studio Standard License (free).

I want to upgrade to Professional but it's not possible.

I try to add my License key and webpage says: "The licence you entered cannot be upgraded at this time."

Only chance to get the 39.99$ offer is to get new license?

Can't upgrade free Standard to Professional? 

Edited by danibus, 30 November 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#22 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

Good day all

I try to add my License key and webpage says: "The licence you entered cannot be upgraded at this time."

What are your expectations?

If you expect to get a discount from a free edition, then no.

Studio Pro is $40, normally $100. If you want it buy it, it's unlikely you'll get it cheaper. There's no need to upgrade, your free Standard.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#23 James Abragon

James Abragon

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:58 AM

How bad my forture is! I just bought the GM:S before the sale started.
Ahh!
*decides to keep by the activities of the YYG*

#24 danibus

danibus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:39 AM

Good day all

What are your expectations?

If you expect to get a discount from a free edition, then no.

Studio Pro is $40, normally $100. If you want it buy it, it's unlikely you'll get it cheaper. There's no need to upgrade, your free Standard.

Just wanna upgrade using my actual license, don't want an extra discount.

You mean free Standard can't be upgrade and I need to get new license key buying Pro key, don't you?

Then I will have free key and Pro key

#25 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

That is not possible - even if you had paid for your Standard version of GameMaker:Studio, licenses are assigned ONCE and never changed again. You would have gotten a new license key either way. At least that has been the way YoYo handles this for a loooong time.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#26 danibus

danibus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

Ok then I will get Pro key, thanks!!  :lol:

#27 autukill

autukill

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

I am waiting for GMS master 50% discount ! Alone Or Steam :huh: !

Look forward to Christmas discounts!

#28 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

I am waiting for GMS master 50% discount ! Alone Or Steam :huh: !

Look forward to Christmas discounts!

You will be waiting a long time then.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#29 jaimitoes

jaimitoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

Autum sales end tonight at 12 or i can buy in all the period of day 2? because today in spain banks not open and i need to take my new credit card....sorry for my english!

#30 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

Sale finishes on 2nd December (it is still 2nd December in Hawaii until around 11am GMT 3rd Dec, so we traditionally keep the sales open until it is 3rd Dec in most of the world)...

Russell

#31 jaimitoes

jaimitoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Thank you very much for the quick response!!

#32 evolsaurus

evolsaurus

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

https://www.steampri...er-studio-html5[1]

Did you guys seriously hike the price up to 200, then immediately offer it for "half off"?

I was excited to pick it up for 50$   :( Now I won't be grabbing it at all, that just seems misleading and wrong.

Edited by evolsaurus, 01 December 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#33 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Did you guys seriously hike the price up to 200, then immediately offer it for "half off"?

I was excited to pick it up for 50$   :( Now I won't be grabbing it at all, that just seems misleading and wrong.

YYGs announced pricing changes months ago and gave ample notice for people to purchase before the new prices.

The timing of this sale is pretty traditional. Cyber-Monday has become a popular time-frame for on-line sales.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#34 evolsaurus

evolsaurus

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

YYGs announced pricing changes months ago and gave ample notice for people to purchase before the new prices.

The timing of this sale is pretty traditional. Cyber-Monday has become a popular time-frame for on-line sales.

I just went through my YYG's emails and don't see any indication of a price up. I do however see it on the forums, so am I supposed to be punished for not viewing the forums? Also, from what I can see, the price hike was to include YCC in the modules, but as far as i know, YCC isn't even a thing in HTML5 exporting.

#35 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

I just went through my YYG's emails and don't see any indication of a price up. I do however see it on the forums, so am I supposed to be punished for not viewing the forums? Also, from what I can see, the price hike was to include YCC in the modules, but as far as i know, YCC isn't even a thing in HTML5 exporting.

Since when does business send out emails anouncing price increases?

Price increases is often a necessary evil, and something that doesn't generate positive PR. 

And why are you portraying this as being punitive. It's not you're not being punished. And no the YYC isn't an HTML5 thing.

Look prices change, sales happen. If you want to take advantage of sales and avoid price increases, then make a better effort of becoming informed. If you don't want to fine, done. It's your choice. But, let's not play the victim.

#36 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

YoYo Games does Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales every year, including multiple seasonal sales that fall in line with the Steam sales. Don't act like this is just out of nowhere.

#37 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

The price change was even announced on the website, and since these news stream directly into the GM:S interface, there's no way you didn't see that. To add to NPT's post: Since when are businesses obliged to send you emails at all? (As far as I know, they aren't even obliged to announce price changes at all, so YoYo is rather cooperative in that aspect, anyway.)

Also, while it's true that there is no YYC for the HTML5 export, you seem to be ignoring that the HTML5 module has received countless functionality updates. When the functionality, and therefore the amount of work put into the product, goes up, it's only natural for the price to eventually go up as well.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#38 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

ye they have good prices and i saw all the offers direct from the windows above the compiler, it even had a super special offer the other day, think it was the same day you were complaining but it was only 29 dollars for a pro version for one day only, now thats a good deal.