Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

newsheader_briquidmini.png

store_button_apple.png
Briquid Mini

store_button_apple.png
Briquid Mini Free

http://gamious.com/briquid

View the trailer on YouTube.

The moment is there, guys. Briquid Mini is launched! At least, for iOS. Android and Windows Phone are in the works. When there's news on those, I'll drop an update.

By the way, there is a free demo with 20 levels, so you can try the game. You can buy the full game up front, or via the in app purchase inside the demo. However, please note that the whole game is $1. With the many hours of fun you can get out of Briquid Mini, this might just be your best-spent dollar ever ;)

Briquid Mini is a challenging puzzle game for smartphones, which is based on the eponymous puzzler Briquid for tablets. Everything is changed, and the whole game is rebuilt from the ground up. I think Arjen Schut's beautiful sound effects and lively songs are about the only thing that we left untouched.

During the entire production I co-operated with producer and colleague Jos Bouman.

The game has a totally renewed art style, envisioned and designed by Dick Grinwis and crafted further by Linda Hoogendam, that however uses the same vibrant color scheme.

There are also 100 new levels. About half are adaptations of the original series, the other half are brand new, but just as intriguing (if not more so). The level design is mainly done by Jos and me, with further additions from Roy van Bijsterveldt, Pim Bouman, Aryeh Loeb and Achraf Cherabi.

All of this makes Briquid Mini a good example of easy to learn, hard to master: all puzzles are made possible by only three types of moves. But getting 100% turns out to be quite a challenge. The game features GameCenter integration with leaderboards and achievements, and you can share scores on Facebook.

Like Briquid, the Mini adaptation is translated into six languages: Nederlands, English, Deutsch, Français, Español, Italiano. I'd like to thank Daan Rossewij and one of his German school classes in particular for helping out with the German translation. Also Marnix Kraus deserves a mention for helping with the various exports and configurations to help get the game and the demo to the stores.

My own role has been that of programmer and designer.

briquid-mini_006.jpg

briquid-mini_007.jpg

Briquid.png

store_button_apple.png
Briquid Mini

store_button_apple.png
Briquid Mini Free

promo_briquidmini_500x150.png

#2 Lindion45

Lindion45

Scared of the Ducks

• GMC Member
  • 1554 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

Left a comment on your trailer for you! :D

UzQSAz6.pngXhTycnt.png

#3 juanchacon99

juanchacon99

GMC Member

• 14 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:39 AM

Cool game

Playing games till the end...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iphone, puzzle, arcade, retro, 2d