109 replies to this topic

#51 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Are usernames always just our email addresses or can they be changed afterwards into a more XBL/PSN-like tag thingy?  And are achievements/trophies possible in this thing?  Or am I misunderstanding what it's purpose is.  Is it simply just a GM-based shop front-end thingy rather than even a basic social game network of sorts?

Also just noticed that Abbaye des Mort supports my PS3 joypad (that for some reason drivers make it think it's an inferior Xbox pad) with no trouble and pressing select gives the game a blurred slightly noisy TV filter which is a nice touch.

Edited by Carnivac, 17 November 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#52 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

I think someone mentioned that they are open to adding achievements, but not before the main functionality is done.

As for the Username thing, I think they should either implement usernames or switch the login box to say email.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#53 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah I was puzzled when I first saw it ask my username and I typed in Carnivac and it said " NO YOU FOOL THAT'S WRONG! I TOTALLY DIDN'T MEAN THAT AT ALL. GET WITH THE PROGRAMME!"  (or at least it always feels like something to that effect when things don't work the way I would expect them to).  And then it worked with my email address just fine.  But I don't really like seeing my email address up there in the corner.   I really should totally migrate to my more recent one (that I've been using to forward stuff to my main address anyways).   The old Howlin' Jack email I have relates to a silly comic I haven't drawn/written in about ten years now.  :P

#54 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

I really like Player, but it's no replacement for the sandbox (at least, not in Player's current state). Sure, the Sandbox was full of crap and annoying 10-year-olds, but it also allowed for a strong community that still continues on today. Player, while very nice, doesn't even seem to allow for comments and it looks so professional that I'd feel like putting any of my games up there would be poisoning it.

Now, don't interpret this as "OMG!!11 PLAYER SUX! SANDBOX IS MUCH BETTER!!" because I'm not suggesting either of those things. I love Player. It's just a bit of a disappointment to those of us looking for a GameMaker-exclusive website to post games, while also meeting new people (yes, that's sort of this site, but this place has less of a focus on playing games and more on making them). 

Edited by RekNepZ, 17 November 2014 - 11:50 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#55 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:49 AM

I envision a future scenario like this:

• GMC - meet people
  • Gamejolt - upload miscellanous stuff
  • Player - earn money

Seriously, Gamejolt is a friggin' carbon copy of the sandbox, why don't you migrate there already? :P

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#56 Greenhawk

Greenhawk

Gue Games

• GMC Member
  • 722 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

I really like Player, but it's no replacement for the sandbox (at least, not in Player's current state). Sure, the Sandbox was full of crap and annoying 10-year-olds, but it also allowed for a strong community that still continues on today. Player, while very nice, doesn't even seem to allow for comments and it looks so professional that I'd feel like putting any of my games up there would be poisoning it.

Now, don't interpret this as "OMG!!11 PLAYER SUX! SANDBOX IS MUCH BETTER!!" because I'm not suggesting either of those things. I love Player. It's just a bit of a disappointment to those of us looking for a GameMaker-exclusive website to post games, while also meeting new people (yes, that's sort of this site, but this place has less of a focus on playing games and more on making them). 

To add, when i first started using game maker in 2007, the sandbox was a big thing. I  knew of the gmc but not that much. Anyways, there were a lot of supporting people who helped you improve you game, much like the GMC today, but it was also fun to look at the works of others and learn of of them(games like crimelife). The Player, on the other hand, has potential and I really hope that they try to take similar concepts from the sandbox to the player.

Edited by Greenhawk911, 18 November 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Games Made:

Youtube Channels:

One of the many GMC Gurus.

#57 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

I envision a future scenario like this:

• GMC - meet people
  • Gamejolt - upload miscellanous stuff
  • Player - earn money

Seriously, Gamejolt is a friggin' carbon copy of the sandbox, why don't you migrate there already? :P

Gamejolt is cool and all, but it doesn't have the exclusiveness to Game Maker that the Sandbox or GameMakerGames.com before it had. Being with all these people who use the same, relatively obscure, program make one feel special in a way Gamejolt can't do.

AczgxAZ.png

#58 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

Gamejolt is cool and all, but it doesn't have the exclusiveness to Game Maker that the Sandbox or GameMakerGames.com before it had. Being with all these people who use the same, relatively obscure, program make one feel special in a way Gamejolt can't do.

That's why we have the GMC. :P

Also, GM users seem to be in vast majority at Gamejolt... or at least all the Catch The Clown clones migrated there already. The only other program that can compete in sheer numbers is RPG Maker.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Spoiler

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#59 farfromsleep

farfromsleep

space cat wannabe

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:56 AM

Aw, I was almost gonna buy that Rubble & Strafe, especially when it said "inspired by Amstrad classic 'Harrier Attack'" (a game I used to play often in the mid 80's) but the screenshots show that ugly resolution breaking rotation which puts me off completely...  Shame.

I found when I kept to a native-style output it all got a little too mushy and indistinct after rotation, especially at the speed things run at (you're basically never not dodging, bombing and strafing huge amounts of stuff with smoke and debris everywhere at 60fps), so I sacrificed 1:1 scaled pixels for a game that scanned better in moment-to-moment play. Though it might be worth throwing it in as an option in a future version for the purists out there like yourself. I tweak and add stuff to RnS every so often, so maybe I can fit something in for a future update.

It should be free at the moment if you're even slightly inclined to give it a go. It's a very different game to Harrier Attack in a lot of ways, but I think you'll certainly spot the influences.

Edited by farfromsleep, 18 November 2014 - 07:57 AM.

2vl6s1j.png2dgm71i.png en_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

#60 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

I found when I kept to a native-style output it all got a little too mushy and indistinct after rotation, especially at the speed things run at (you're basically never not dodging, bombing and strafing huge amounts of stuff with smoke and debris everywhere at 60fps), so I sacrificed 1:1 scaled pixels for a game that scanned better in moment-to-moment play. Though it might be worth throwing it in as an option in a future version for the purists out there like yourself. I tweak and add stuff to RnS every so often, so maybe I can fit something in for a future update.

It should be free at the moment if you're even slightly inclined to give it a go. It's a very different game to Harrier Attack in a lot of ways, but I think you'll certainly spot the influences.

I can't see it on the Player any more.  :/

#61 farfromsleep

farfromsleep

space cat wannabe

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

I just looked into it and it seems to be on there, if you choose something other than "featured" in the middle filter it should come up.

There was some issue with the price for some reason, it should have been on sale for free, but at some point the player stopped paying attention to the sale price and overrode it with the full price (it's actually supposed to do the opposite).

A few suggestions for the Player itself while I'm here. An option to link to YouTube clips on a game's page would be a definite help, especially for games like mine that don't screenshot well but look much better in motion. Plus it's just more attention-grabbing as a means of promotion. It's a standard feature everywhere from the Play Store to the OUYA one, and would be nice to have here too.

Secondly, the way it defaults to the featured section is really awkward. From that first screen, it's really not clear that other games are even available. After adding my first title and loading up the player, I just assumed it hadn't uploaded right or something. It feels like a step backwards from the Sandbox, which could highlight featured titles alongside the newest and most popular ones.

And yeah, I'd second everyone's thoughts about being stuck in fullscreen mode, there should at least be an option for windowed.

Edited by farfromsleep, 19 November 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#62 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

Oh yeah, I still had 'featured' set and didn't realise.  Sorry.

Anyways the game is neat.  Not a big fan of using mouse (my shakey wrists make it difficult) but least I just have to use the buttons and don't have to do much precision stuff. 

I did however encounter an error after the plane had flew over the ground and was approaching water again.

of  Step Event2
for object o_cargo_boat:

Unable to find any instance for object index '101754'
 at gml_Object_o_cargo_boat_StepEndEvent_1 (line 6) - boxxy.y = background_y[1]-12;
############################################################################################

#63 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Error parsing: whatever object "boxxy" was referring to was gone.

Try either wrapping if(instance_exists(boxxy)){} or with(boxy){} around the y-sync code, whichever you prefer. Really, you should always do this when referring to something directly, or use with(){} instead of accessing directly... except when you've just created something and wants to initialize it.

Spoiler

#64 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

Here's a few suggestions that I think should be implemented sometime soon.

• Windowed mode. Full screen as default is quite annoying and seems rather unprofessional.
  • Reduced memory usage. I can't do anything else when Player is running because it lags too much.
  • Button Tooltips. The program has very little text and I have no idea what many of the buttons mean.
  • Usernames. I may be missing something, but my "username" appears to just be my email. If there isn't already, there should be a way to change it.
  • Comments It would be nice to be able to see what others have to say about a game before playing. A comment system could also help rebuild the sense of community lost with the removal of Sandbox.
  • No receipts for free games! Seriously, why do I get my email clogged with receipts when I didn't actually buy anything?

Hopefully, many of these are already in progress; but if not, they really should be.

Edited by RekNepZ, 19 November 2014 - 10:14 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

#65 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

Reduced memory usage. I can't do anything else when Player is running because it lags too much

Most concrete suggestion ever! :P Any suggestions on how to use less memory? I mean, using your deep insights into the inner workings of the Player to come up with something YYG hasn't already thought about.

• No receipts for free games! Seriously, why do I get my email clogged with receipts when I didn't actually buy anything?

Because you haven't set up an automatic filter to put all of the YYG mail in some folder you never need to check out instead of in your inbox? Gmail lets you do this with three clicks.

Spoiler

#66 JackOatley

JackOatley

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

Reduced memory usage. I can't do anything else when Player is running because it lags too much

Most concrete suggestion ever! :P Any suggestions on how to use less memory? I mean, using your deep insights into the inner workings of the Player to come up with something YYG hasn't already thought about.

A lot of things have been changed in GM:S itself to accommodate the amount of memory required for the Player, especially loading all those images and such. And these things are discovered and fixed asap, but new versions of the Player only go out with new versions of EA afaik.

#67 cool gamer 76

cool gamer 76

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 394 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

The GameMaker: Player has now been released as a limited beta bundled along with the latest EA version of GameMaker: Studio. You can get the EA version here: https://www.yoyogame...studio/download and the official release notes are here: http://yoyogames.com/player

The current beta is open to everyone using the Early Access version, although it has certain limits still. There is no Mac Or Linux version yet (although those will be along soon), and paid content is only available for viewing, but nor for downloading. The purchase system will be opened up when the Player comes out of beta.

You can find all the information you need to know from the YoYo Games Knowledge Base here: http://help.yoyogame...ameMaker-Player

What's going to happen to the sandbox, And do I have to have studio to use the player?

Hi! go to my Youtube Channel!
I don't smoke. Do you? If not put this in your signature.

#68 farfromsleep

farfromsleep

space cat wannabe

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:36 AM

Thanks for the tips on that bug you guys, was a quick enough fix. The crash was caused by still referring to the powerup crate on the boats if they were destroyed and the boat wasn't. Rookie mistake : p

Edit: Should be live now. This update also includes a bunch of minor tweaks and fixes as included in the iOS and OSX versions.

Edit2: in reply to cool gamer's question above, you need GM:Studio pro as a minimum to use the current, early access version of the player (edit: apparently not). Once it's open to the public, anyone will be able to download it for free. I'm not sure if you'll need pro to submit games once it's launched (edit: that should only apply for paid apps or those for other platforms than windows).

The sandbox is being killed off I'm afraid.

Edited by farfromsleep, 20 November 2014 - 04:33 AM.

#69 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

... you need GM:Studio pro as a minimum to use the current, early access version of the player. 

No you don't. At least, I didn't.

AczgxAZ.png

#70 farfromsleep

farfromsleep

space cat wannabe

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:28 AM

Interesting, I was sure I read that in the update notes.

edit: I misread that it seems. You need pro for platforms other than windows or for paid apps.

Edited by farfromsleep, 20 November 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#71 cool gamer 76

cool gamer 76

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

The thing is I have 8.1.

#72 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for the tips on that bug you guys, was a quick enough fix. The crash was caused by still referring to the powerup crate on the boats if they were destroyed and the boat wasn't. Rookie mistake : p

Edit: Should be live now. This update also includes a bunch of minor tweaks and fixes as included in the iOS and OSX versions.

Ah that's cool.  I loaded up the Player and the Play icon for that game had changed back to download, I guess to signify the new update? (or is that just co-incidence)  I was curious how the Player would let us know when a game has been updated. 

I just noticed the highscore list has a lot of 'CPC' and an 'AMS'  :)

#73 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

The thing is I have 8.1.

Upgrade to GMS, then? You know, it won't get cheaper than free.

Spoiler

#74 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

The thing is I have 8.1.

YoYo could pay me to use it.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#75 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

The thing is I have 8.1.

If you're making games for sale then people are kinda paying you to use it in a way.  :)

#76 JackOatley

JackOatley

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

The thing is I have 8.1.

:whistle:

#77 cool gamer 76

cool gamer 76

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

So, can I still use the player even if I have 8.1 pro?

#78 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

You can use it yes, but you can't upload games to it.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#79 lordvtp

lordvtp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

I just do not understand people who still insist in sticking with 8(.1) for anything, there it literally no advantage to it.  Is it just some lingering feeling of "I paid for 8.1 so I must use it over Studio Free/ Must be better then Studio Free" ?     :wallbash:    

lord5.png

#80 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

I just do not understand people who still insist in sticking with 8(.1) for anything, there it literally no advantage to it.  Is it just some lingering feeling of "I paid for 8.1 so I must use it over Studio Free/ Must be better then Studio Free" ?     :wallbash:    

I still use 8.1 when I want to revisit my early GM days, as I don't feel it's worth it to create an entire GMS workspace just to play a crappy three-room maze game I made when I was 11.

This is getting off topic though.

AczgxAZ.png

#81 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

I don't see why people using older software is such a confusion to some people here. I know people who still use Windows XP, Photoshop cs4, GM7 even! People stick with what they like.

By the way, I am getting closer to putting Homestead up on the player. After the payments are active, it will be on sale for a dollar for one week.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#82 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

The only thing GM8.1 has that Studio doesn't have is really fast test playing (due to lacking texture pages and compilation and yadda yadda). All 8.1 GUI features are present in Studio.

Spoiler

#83 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

@Yal - I bet you for any reasonably sized project Studios Run -> Compile -> Load -> Play cycle is as fast as 8.1 Run -> Load -> Compile -> Play cycle is within a second or 2 (i.e. not much of a measurable difference) in the grand scheme of playing the game. 

I would accept that for trivial / small projects 8.1. would win.

And I am assuming a warm cache (i.e. you are not rebuilding all audio and texture pages) which will generally be the case for small changes

Russell

#84 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the reply, Russell!

What takes the most time when I test play my current project (which is probably 'reasonable sized') is creating the backup file and building the SPRT chunk. I suspect it's because I'm using many small sprites (most are in the ballpark of 16x24) so that they can fit anywhere on the texture page, causing lots of different possible combinations to be tested... or something. (Not sure what happens under the hood). Test playing takes somewhere around 1-2 minutes, and it's a bit annoying when you just need to check a small tweak change or fix a minor variable-not-initialized-correctly error, but I try to base my workflow around doing a lot of test playing at once to mitigate this.

And yes, I have the cache activated.

...come to think of it, all my graphics fit on a single texture page. That means it must be rebuilt each time I do some sprite changes, right? Maybe I should change to the smallest size to speed up testing a bit and see if that works.

Spoiler

#85 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

@Yal - that is interesting because that should just find that you have not touched any graphics and use your cached version... Hmmm could you share your project with me so I can run some tests, I may be able to improve the efficiency of the processing for you.

PM me a dropbox link if you want to take me up on the offer.

Russell

#86 shadeflea

shadeflea

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

@Yal: Take the offer... the red pill! TAKE IT! ENTER THE MATRIX!

ANTitle.jpg

I have helped you, please click rep_up.png button!

30751.png
67142.png

#87 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Whenever I try to log in to player from GMS it says "Error: No connection to Marketplace."

By the way, is there going to be a new forum board for Player like there is for Marketplace?

AczgxAZ.png

#88 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

I don't see why people using older software is such a confusion to some people here. I know people who still use Windows XP, Photoshop cs4, GM7 even! People stick with what they like.

You have changed the question.

The question wasn't I don't understand why people are using older software.

The question was I don't understand why people are using older software when newer more capable software is available for free.

Your comparisons, XP and cs4, don't meet the criteria.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#89 Janette5

Janette5

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Questions - 

Will you have any policy like Google Play that a free game must always be free?

And / or

I note that you're going to allow us to put a game on sale so if for example I want the first 50 downloads of my game to be free will I be able to discount it to 100% for the first 50 downloads and have the store manage it automatically?

(Yes I read that the pricing documentation is still a work in process ... )

#90 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Yes, you can put things on sale.

Someone a few posts ago said they had their paid game on sale for free right now on the Player.

Only YoYo can answer the other question though.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#91 farfromsleep

farfromsleep

space cat wannabe

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

You can change price from paid to free at the moment, although there's a limit to how often you can change it. I think it's one price change allowed every ten days or something. Sales are set separately, although that seems to be a little buggy at the moment (my last sale price suddenly wasn't being applied for some reason).

Edited by farfromsleep, 22 November 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#92 Mornez

Mornez

GMC Member

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

I like the new PLAYER...

So far...A great selection of games.

Sometimes moving the screen from side to side to see all the games seemed slightly unresponsive.

Once I was clicking around...and all the game images vanished.

Note: Would like to know the code used for side to side mouse movement in the Skydiver game.

It's very precise...even when the mouse pointer goes off screen.

Edited by Mornez, 22 November 2014 - 11:47 PM.

.....................................................My Websites................................................         My Videos             

754997_orig.jpg  4295588_orig.jpg  1913238_orig.jpg  5184980_orig.png  

#93 cool gamer 76

cool gamer 76

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

Well, I still use 8.1 because making games is a hobby that I don't want to spend more money on. Also, Studio free limits the number of resources... I just checked and they changed that. Yea! Anyways, I would also be limited on the stuff I could do. Granted I'm not very good I do use PRO D&D all the time.

One more thing. Is .EXE not one of the formats available on Player and that's why 8.1 or older can't upload.

#94 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Haven't seen much discussion here lately... is the Player still active?  Or down for repairs?  I've never been able to log in.

#95 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well, I still use 8.1 because making games is a hobby that I don't want to spend more money on. Also, Studio free limits the number of resources... I just checked and they changed that. Yea! Anyways, I would also be limited on the stuff I could do. Granted I'm not very good I do use PRO D&D all the time.

One more thing. Is .EXE not one of the formats available on Player and that's why 8.1 or older can't upload.

The Player uses it's own format built for the Studio Runner, 8.1 cannot build to this format, so it cannot upload to the Player. All uploading is done from inside Studio, and since they don't update 8.1 anymore, it can't access the Player.

@chance, I am getting ever closer to putting Homestead up. And with that closeness comes horrifying doubt and crippling anxiety! D:

@YoYo, If I upload something for free, can it be switched to paid later? Or do I have to upload as paid and discount it?

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 07 December 2014 - 04:10 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#96 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

@chance, I am getting ever closer to putting Homestead up. And with that closeness comes horrifying doubt and crippling anxiety! D:

I'd love to see it... if I can manage to use the Player.  So far, I haven't been able to see anything except my profile page. 

Is the Player itself actually working?  Or is it only open for "sign up"?

#97 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

I'd love to see it... if I can manage to use the Player.  So far, I haven't been able to see anything except my profile page. 

Is the Player itself actually working?  Or is it only open for "sign up"?

It works fine for me.

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#98 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

The Player works, I have played two games so far. Mesh by Nocturne and something in Spanish by someone I can't remember.

You can download it here if you haven't already: http://yoyogames.com/player

It tells you to use a username, but it means your email.(they fixed this)

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 07 December 2014 - 04:35 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#99 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

I've installed the Player and created an account.    And I can log into my Player profile page on the YYG site.   But if I launch the Player itself, I can't log in (invalid login... etc).

oh well...  it's always something.  :P  But the intro page looks nice.  Full screen, nice logo.

#100 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hmmm, I was just on the Player. I've never had login issues. Maybe you should tell the helpdesk?

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png