No replies to this topic

#1 Retroman85

Retroman85

A GMC Game Historian

• GMC Member
  • 72 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

NOTE: I'm remaking this game. Making it much more appealing and enjoyable. Plus this version's code is messy and... Drag n' Drop..ish.

This is Vorswrath, something that seemed like a simple idea, turned into a fun little arcade game.

Vorswrath is a game about a mutant creature, known as The Vors, The Vors has no real name. The Vors has no previous history. And it's only wish is universal domination. However, you think otherwise. While the Vors sits in it's dimension, sending out reinforcements to take over planets in the area, you are planning a counter attack to take out The Vors. But, this isn't an easy task.

Many obstacles stand in your path, luckily for you, you are equipped with the latest in space combat: The Savinar, a powerful, one-man spaceship capable of firing "Solar Charges" harnessed from the Sun's Energy. But that's not all! You are also equipped with a special weapon that can take out almost anything in the area, a Flash Wave. You have a limited quantity of these, generally starting a game with one. You also earn an extra Wave if you defeat The Vors, if that's possible.

The game really isn't that complex and is really easy to get used to, especially when using arcade controls to play it with.

I actually got the idea from one of my cousins talking about fake game where you shoot an eyeball for some reason, so I tried to make the best out of this idea, and it seed to have worked pretty well.

This is the Alpha Projects forum, so... there is one thing missing; two player capability, but now since I am more experienced with Game Maker this should not be too much of a problem. Hopefully. 

Controls:

Spoiler

Snapshots

Spoiler

Like a lot of the arcade games from the 80s, you attempt to break the present highscore. If you can, you will be able to enter your initials, you can write anything within 3 characters. Moving the keys left and right change the character, the "Z" key inputs it.

Here is the link to the game:

https://www.dropbox....swrath.zip?dl=0

UPDATES/CHANGELOG:

Spoiler

Is it worth a go? Thanks for reading!

Edited by Retroman85, 21 February 2015 - 04:53 PM.

Vorswrath - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (REMAKING)  ::   Star Defender - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

StarField - SUPERRETRO 1970s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK ::   Altered - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, shooter, 2d, retro, action