318 replies to this topic

#301 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

I'm pretty sure this won't be unlocked until Nov 6th when the change in pricing actually happens.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#302 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:02 AM

Eagerly awaiting that update dialog! I can't wait to debug Homestead for week after trying to compile it! XD

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 03 November 2014 - 09:02 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#303 varfare

varfare

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:23 AM

Ahh, ok. I was little confused with the news since it does not clearly points out 6th November as the update release date. Anyways- as a developer who was struggling with performance of my android game without YYC I am really pleased with free YYC included in GM. I always thought that YYC should be included for everyone. If GameMaker wants to be a competitive 2D game engine it needs more decisions like this one. Performance without YYC on mobile devices is really bad and almost no other engine has performance benefits in more expensive versions of it, nor Unity free which is as performant as Unity Pro, nor Stencyl nor Construct. Good move IMO.

#304 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

So what I am doing wrong? I have GM:S professional and android module but whenever I try to pick Android (YYC) target it opens up pricing page in my web browser. I have the newest version of GM:S and I tried updating my licence. Android exporter works fine (without YYC).

The changes are from Nov 6. Try it then.

#305 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

This may be delayed as it is dependant on us getting 1.4 out of the door (since we still have a Beta cycle to do, I expect this to be delayed a bit, there will be an official announcement later this week).

Russell

#306 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

This may be delayed as it is dependant on us getting 1.4 out of the door (since we still have a Beta cycle to do, I expect this to be delayed a bit, there will be an official announcement later this week).

Russell

:o ....

Lol

Thanks for the heads up pal. ^_^ I can stop counting down the days now.

#307 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

By the way, will there be a Christmas sale as you've done it for now annually, or is this sale to be considered that one?

#308 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Russell

Well, this just means Sandy isn't whipping you guys hard enough.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#309 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

By the way, will there be a Christmas sale as you've done it for now annually, or is this sale to be considered that one?

This isn't a sale, it's a courtesy notice of price/module change.

I'm guessing that there will be at least one, maybe both:

• Cyber Monday (Dec 1) sale
  • Christmas/Holiday sale

But don't expect too much if any lead notice. YYGs never has given much advance lead notice of sales. They'll likely not start now.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 03 November 2014 - 06:07 PM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#310 cuedaninja

cuedaninja

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

So a quick question (don't wanna continue to create threads about this) should I go ahead and buy the Android Export Module now (to save $100) or wait for the Yo Yo Compiler to come with it?  

I'm just about finished with my Mobile Game title (I'll try to post a demo here later tonite) and I would like to upload it to Google Play early next week.   It's a simple 2-D retro shooter type game, so is the YYC needed?

EDIT:  And another quick question:  Will it go into effect sometime on Nov. 6th (tommorrow) or after 12pm (midnight), depending on the Time Zone?

Edited by cuedaninja, 04 November 2014 - 07:04 PM.

EN4a09N.png

Now Available! Now On Android/Google Play App Market!

Coming Soon To Apple/iTunes and other Mobile Game App Stores!

#311 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

So a quick question (don't wanna continue to create threads about this) should I go ahead and buy the Android Export Module now (to save $100) or wait for the Yo Yo Compiler to come with it?

Buy it today for $199, or wait two days and pay $299.

Why would you want to pay $100 more?

EDIT:  And another quick question:  Will it go into effect sometime on Nov. 6th (tommorrow) or after 12pm (midnight), depending on the Time Zone?

The YYC compiler is targeted for Nov 6, however it is dependant on an update.

Russell indicated that their might be a delay in the release of the update for testing.

Russell

This suggests that the YYC will become available on the next update after Nov 6, when testing is complete.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#312 cuedaninja

cuedaninja

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

Because, it comes with the YYC right?  And I'm new to this, so I dunno whether or not if the YYCompiler is necessary to publish your game to Google Play/Android, Facebook, etc.

EN4a09N.png

#313 grandhighgamer

grandhighgamer

Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 3876 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

It does and you don't. There'd be no point in having exports for platforms if you couldn't then publish to them.

GHG WUZ ERE

#314 Mrpete

Mrpete

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:44 PM

However I do feel a little ripped off, as 2 months ago I was sold a cheaper product through YYG email marketing and website marketing, only to find two months later YYG are making the product totally redundant. 

This happens every day with hardware, so why would software be any differerent?

People often spend $1000 on a graphics card just to have the fastest most up to date thing. A month later the same GFX card is $500 as Nvidia or AMD have pushed out the next model.

It is how it is in the real world.

How about those who just got Windows 8 and Windows 10 being just around the corner?

Software is alot different than HARDWARE in this case.  Software can be re-engineered and reshaped by discretion.  Hardware...ummm not so easy in the case of availability to everyone.

#315 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

Because, it comes with the YYC right?  And I'm new to this, so I dunno whether or not if the YYCompiler is necessary to publish your game to Google Play/Android, Facebook, etc.

No and No.

The announcment and what this topic is about is; The YYC Compiler for each export is going to be available to everyone who has that particular export.

Everybody who has the Android export now, will soon have both the Android and Android (YYC) export. 

The YYC is not a requirement of publishing.

Buying the Android export for $199 today will get you the Android export, and the Android (YYC) shortly (at no extra cost).

Waiting will cost you $299 and not get you anything more.

#316 cuedaninja

cuedaninja

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

Damn, too late...just check the site and it's $299.99 now.

Guess I'll have to wait for another sale or just move to another program with cheaper Export options.

Edited by cuedaninja, 05 November 2014 - 03:40 PM.

EN4a09N.png

#317 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Lol. If you need to go by bus, do you go and stand there one minute before it supposed to arrive?  :P

I'm just saying' that with these kind of things, you need to be ahead for days.

I feel sorry for you though.. better luck next time I'd say.  -_-

Edited by Alvare, 05 November 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#318 cuedaninja

cuedaninja

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Lol. If you need to go by bus, do you go and stand there one minute before it supposed to arrive?  :P

I'm just saying' that with these kind of things, you need to be ahead for days.

I feel sorry for you though.. better luck next time I'd say.  -_-

Yea, I know, it's just that I really don't have that kinda disposable income (I'm really strapped for ca$h nowadays) to spend on that atm...I was hoping it could've been extended to this weekend when I would've had it. 

But hey, that's life...so either go on to Construct 2 (only $129 to publish/Export your games to ALL formats ex XBOX/PS) or just wait until another sale (when that's gonna happen, I dunno).

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty much finished with the game (just some minor details), so hopefully I'll upload a short demo in the Games area later tonite.

EN4a09N.png

#319 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

okay.... this is going no where - again. Closing