Photo

Tech Blog 82 - Key Bindings (New 1.4 Feature)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

Key Bindings (New 1.4 Feature) - https://www.yoyogames.com/tech_blog/82

GameMaker: Studio has always had short-cut keys to perform tasks within the IDE easily and quickly, and there has also always been a steady trickle of complaints and requests to change them to suit each programmers habits and toolset. However, no matter what the developers here at YoYo Games do, there will always be someone that doesn't feel comfortable with the current set of short-cuts and requires them to be changed. So, to make life easier and happier for everyone, the next 1.4 release of GameMaker: Studio will have a new option to permit you to bind almost any key to almost any command or anchor in the IDE.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

This. Is. Awesome. I can finally map "redo" to Ctrl+Y instead of an obscure German key combination ::lmao::

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#3 Erik Leppen

Erik Leppen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2751 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

I do think that when a tech blog says something is in 1.4, it should be in 1.4. Not in 1.99.whatever Early Access, but in 1.4. And when it's not in 1.4, the Tech blog should make clear that it's an early access feature.

It not being in 1.4.1451 was quite disappointing, really.

promo_briquidmini_500x150.png

#4 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well, it WILL be in 1.4, but that doesn't mean it will be in the 1.4 beta. All tech blogs labelled 1.4 relate to the forthcoming official stable release.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#5 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

So the currently available 1.4 version is still beta? Gosh, I must've selected the wrong update channel. But I'm totally sure I'm on stable.

KWGNGJu.png?1

Yes, I'm on stable yet got notified about upgrading to 1.4.1398 a while ago. Weird. Probably not worth submitting a bug report for that, though, since it doesn't seem possible to replicate it.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#6 GStick

GStick

All Secrets Exposed

• GMC Member
  • 1961 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:16 PM

I do think that when a tech blog says something is in 1.4, it should be in 1.4. Not in 1.99.whatever Early Access, but in 1.4. And when it's not in 1.4, the Tech blog should make clear that it's an early access feature.

It not being in 1.4.1451 was quite disappointing, really.

I'm not seeing it in EA either though. Is it actually there already?

Posted Image
The next generation of Game Maker fighting games? More like the best.
Showdown Academy | Showdown Academy Blog

Check out my new album at last.fm: KatazTrophee