10 replies to this topic

#1 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:52 AM

I was cleaning out some old files when I found a game I worked on about 3 years ago, called Elementa (working title, as it...never really had an official name yet). I had great plans for it, but I'm one of those people who likes the game to look good during development, so when I reached the point where I'd need graphics for my creatures and found none...the project died. I'd like to continue work on it, though!

I considered posting in Team Requests, but then found out that forum has been locked since March (it's been a while since I've been here). So instead, I'm posting some graphics requests here, with the additional information that anyone who helps may PM me if they'd like to continue working on Elementa.

Here's a screenshot of it now, using basically all temporary graphics except the billboard. I had no artist. But the style is basically Pokemon-esque.

Screenshot_1.png

What I need are some 32x32 (or 64x64 if you can) sprites for the monsters. They should be original creatures (be creative!) that follow these guidelines:

What: Elemental-based creatures/animals

Size: 32x32 or 64x64

Style: Pokemon-ish

View: Either front or back view

Types: Air/wind, Water, Fire, Earth, Electricity, Pestilence (plagues, disease, insect swarms, etc.), and Psyche (psychic creatures)

For more background information on these creatures, I made this chart. The left side shows the resources you collect to summon them, and the top are the creature types--the middle are the attacks and, importantly, some creature descriptions for those combinations.

ResourceEffectChart_v1.png

Any information not given above is 100% up to you, with full creative license. If you do wish to continue working with Elementa, I'll be up front and say there's about a 60% chance it won't reach completion, and a 95% chance you (and I) won't be paid for it. If you'd just like to make a few elemental graphics and be done, that's fine, too :)

I look forward to seeing your creative creature creations :D

Edited by IceMetalPunk, 18 September 2014 - 08:47 PM.

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#2 PWL

PWL

The non-pixel-artist

• GMC Member
  • 1191 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

a0cbb94dfc.png Here comes Mr. Flohp (jk)

^ Haha, I just had to try :D It's been ages since I did pixel art, so don't judge my boredom ;) 

#3 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Haha, well, A+ for effort :lol:  It's just not...quite...the style I'm looking for...because he has stick arms and no details XD Thanks anyway!

Edited by IceMetalPunk, 16 September 2014 - 07:27 PM.

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#4 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Nice to see you back around here again! You should maybe contact Lewis Cross (http://gmc.yoyogames...showuser=111762) or JWRAC (http://gmc.yoyogames...showuser=153283) as I know that both of them do excellent work....

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#5 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thanks, Nocturne :) I've sent them PMs, but in the meantime, of course, the requests are still always open for anyone who would like to contribute :)

#6 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

sprite10.png

A simpler creature, made up of some sort of vapor,

uses vapor to attack you?

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#7 Azaroth

Azaroth

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Firenant_zps14bfd678.png Firenant I just made him up :D

#8 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

@trg601: It's...um...well...simple. Maybe a bit too much...

@Azaroth: Yes! This! I like this! Any chance you'd like to continue working with this to come up with more creatures? :D I'd be eternally grateful!

#9 IamYourNewGod

IamYourNewGod

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY VENOMSNAIL! :lol:

tumblr_ng4j2vl32Q1skch9zo1_75sq.gif

#10 FodderBot

FodderBot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

love the snail, lol

Carpe Draconis Cauda

WardogMechAnimation_150-1.gif

#11 rytan451

rytan451

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

I hope you like this:

Name: UNDECIDED

Description:
This is a three-legged mutation of a dog.  It can shoot venomous darts from its tail.  This venom causes temporary paralasys, and, if the venom reaches essential organs, systematic organ shutdown.
SXBU00U.png

Name: Brain box (You can change this)
Description:
At first sight, this may seem like a weak opponent, but looks can deceive, especially with those who's psychic power is as strong as it is.  Its psychic powers include forcing an enemy to attack any target (though because of the psychic struggle, the power of the attack is inadvertently weakened), knocking its target unconscious, and overloading the target's brain, causing nausea, unconsciousness and, in severe cases, a literal brain explosion.
Its strong psychic power and weak armor make this a primary target on any enemy's list.  It should be protected by other, less important creatures.
8FRKTMD.png

This is animated.  4 images, 32x32.

Credit is appreciated (credit rytan451).  Also, should you see fit, give me a free copy of the game.

I grant everyone the permission to use these assets in any way he/she feels fit short of selling them unchanged.

I will not pursue any royalties.

You do not need to agree to the license to use the assets.

(Just adding this to clear legalities.)

This forum is, or will be archived, and the above may not reflect my current opinions.