• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

G4S3rn9.png
https://twitter.com/...731614524809218

Big announcement with MSFT today ... #GameMaker to support Xbox One 
publishing and much more! yoyogames.com/news/236 #GDCEurope

Edited by Mailas, 11 August 2014 - 08:39 AM.

omQasih.jpg

#2 Slammin Sam

Slammin Sam

I craft juicy things

• GMC Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Time to go dig up that old speculation thread. WE WERE RIGHT! :D

Nothing to see here...move along

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

Erm... Squirrel?  :heidy:

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#4 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

Yay.

qNDVrhl.png

#5 Jobo

Jobo

Second-Scum-Of-The-Earth

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 3000 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

They didn't believe me... They said I was crazy... But I knew... I knew.

Edited by Jobo, 11 August 2014 - 08:40 AM.

My posts are my own views and opinions... Unless they are yours too, in which case I think you're a very intelligent and handsome individual (I think you are anyway!)

#6 Manuel777

Manuel777

InvaderGames

• GMC Member
  • 3578 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

They didn't believe me... They said I was crazy... But I knew... I knew.

We all knew, I've ben saying this ever since it was announced that Hyper Light Drifter was going to be made with GameMaker :)

Edited by Manuel777, 11 August 2014 - 05:25 PM.

@MEtchegaray7

gplussignature.png

May this signature be frozen on the old GMC until the end of times. Or YoYo takes it down.

#7 lordvtp

lordvtp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

The annoying thing is they(MS that is) still haven't cleared the support for the xbone dev kit mode. MS has been backtracking on it of late and it may not happen now =\  

Requiring a dedicated dev kit certainly limits feasibility testing. I imagine the concern though is security, security and security, any public backend access would aid in circumvention development. 

lord5.png

#8 hippyman

hippyman

Dirty Stinky Hippy

• GMC Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

This is more of a meh moment for me considering my feelings toward the Xbox One.

badge.png?dl=0

HM Audio Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hm-audio

#9 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

This is more of a meh moment for me considering my feelings toward the Xbox One.

I had similar feelings, but instead of me being "meh" this is rekindling my faith in the Xbox. Hopefully not in vain!

#10 Greenhawk

Greenhawk

Gue Games

• GMC Member
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Good thing I registered in January because I'm an ID@xbox developer but it's taking a while for my dev kit! 

Games Made:

Youtube Channels:

One of the many GMC Gurus.

#11 matt_world

matt_world

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:46 PM

Actually, what is really interesting to me as a hobbiest is the talk of enhanced Windows mobile and operating system support, I wonder if this means a free export paid by microsoft for Win Mob.  :D 

#12 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Im all for PC Master Race but this is great news for console peasants :)

Edited by iiRomano, 11 August 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#13 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

One thing I want to know is, will network functions work out of the box or will we have to wait for future updates after the export comes out?

omQasih.jpg

#14 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

One thing I want to know is, will network functions work out of the box or will we have to wait for future updates after the export comes out?

Why wouldn't network functions work?

What's the point in arbitrarily picking out functions and then asking if they're supported?

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#15 Norrox

Norrox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

But now the only thing missing is the amazing 3d functionality in gamemaker.

#16 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Real master race owns everything for universal game support. :cool:

Posted Image

#17 zendorf

zendorf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Great news, but it is not like we didn't see this coming :) Only one squirrel left now for the chopping block...

Jellyfish Supercharge currently in development at Fracteed

#18 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

What's the point in arbitrarily picking out functions and then asking if they're supported?

When a new export comes out there are usually features that aren't supported right away, I was simply wondering if they would be supported out of the box, and not for the lifespan of the export.
Bluetooth is also still a networking feature that hasn't been talked about much either, they require external extensions for those to work.

I'm also not arbitrarily pointing out functions, it just happens to be one of keen interest to me.

Edited by Mailas, 11 August 2014 - 11:09 PM.

omQasih.jpg

#19 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

But now the only thing missing is the amazing 3d functionality in gamemaker.

The 3D functionality is perfectly fine if you know how to utilize it. It's extremely bare bones, which is why people constantly say that it's no good. GM simplifies 2D, while only offering the basics of 3D. You just have to do more work essentially. 3D in GM is able to support millions of triangles before impacting performance, and that's the only thing that people seem to really care about... [/minirant]

#20 lordvtp

lordvtp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Real master race owns everything for universal game support. :cool:

Real master race EMULATES everything for universal game support.  - FIXED

lord5.png

#21 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1337 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

No, those are "dirty thieves." =P

#22 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

When a new export comes out there are usually features that aren't supported right away, I was simply wondering if they would be supported out of the box, and not for the lifespan of the export.
Bluetooth is also still a networking feature that hasn't been talked about much either, they require external extensions for those to work.

I'm also not arbitrarily pointing out functions, it just happens to be one of keen interest to me.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding exports being released with missing features.

When YYG's releases an export they've always added it fully featured. The exception being; if a platform simply doesn't support the feature.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#23 lordvtp

lordvtp

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

No, those are "dirty thieves." =P

Emulation need not imply piracy.  Sometimes though in pursuit of the best possible play experience you may need to go beyond the original hardware's limits.  

Edited by lordvtp, 12 August 2014 - 12:19 AM.

lord5.png

#24 Otyugra

Otyugra

Artist & Writer

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

It truly amazes me how low of an entry level making games on a console now is. This is a wonderful time in Game Maker history. On the other hand, I get the feeling that there is a lot more to it than say making a game for the app store.

r7sNbRa.png  (Nitemare38 = Otyugra)

Two and a half years of game development taught me the joy of making something unique and unconventional. It is not good enough to make a game fun when there are way too many other freeware games that make fun their selling point.

#25 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

If this is anything like Steam's greenlight system there's going to be a lot of absolutely terrible games flooding the market making actually good ones harder to come by. Regardless, this is a good step for YYG. Hopefully this, along with future patches, will help bring GM up to standards among aspiring developers.

#26 grankor

grankor

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

YYAAAAAAYYY!!!!

*cough* Told ya so *cough*

#27 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

If this is anything like Steam's greenlight system there's going to be a lot of absolutely terrible games flooding the market making actually good ones harder to come by. Regardless, this is a good step for YYG. Hopefully this, along with future patches, will help bring GM up to standards among aspiring developers.

The majority of games that get through steam greenlight are not horrible.

There really isn't much else that can be done about the junk games though, the markets will eventually become more saturated than ever because of how many more people are being attracted to engines such as Unity and GameMaker:Studio.

Besides Steam Greenlight requires you to use a $100 donation before submitting to help combat junk games.

Not only that but its meant to only have games that the majority of people want.

I don't think you'll have to worry too much about it happening on the Xbox One market either, but again even so there really isn't

a lot that can be done about such a problem.

Still this is incredibly good news nonetheless.

Edited by Mailas, 12 August 2014 - 02:34 AM.

omQasih.jpg

#28 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

My cousin was telling me how much he'd like to play my FPS on his Xbox and how he would tell all his friends. I guess not only will I be pleasing him, but I'll have a whole new audience now. :P
Jmds8UL.png

#29 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

The majority of games that get through steam greenlight are not horrible.

Oh, sorry I misspoke. I didn't mean games that get through the green light, I was referring to the ones being submitted. I don't know why I said "flooding the market." Although I suppose that's acceptable for app stores, but that's a different subject.

Anyway, good news is good news. Surprising really. I didn't expect YYG to be able to pull this off.

#30 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

[/quote]
The majority of games that get through steam greenlight are not horrible.[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh, sorry I misspoke. I didn't mean games that get through the green light, I was referring to the ones being submitted. I don't know why I said "flooding the market." Although I suppose that's acceptable for app stores, but that's a different subject.

Anyway, good news is good news. Surprising really. I didn't expect YYG to be able to pull this off.

Oh okay. Haha.

omQasih.jpg

#31 CrazyNinjaMike

CrazyNinjaMike

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

Does anyone know if this means the Xbox 360 will be supported as well? The 360 used the now retired XNA, so I would think not, but I'm a bit curious.

#32 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Don't think so.

omQasih.jpg

#33 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

There is no 360 support - sorry.

#34 Han

Han

Enemy of the State

• Banned Users
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

First fix the bugs for existing supported platforms then XBOX.  

UBUNTU, WIN8, MAC, YYC still has so many issues

#35 GGWORKS

GGWORKS

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

First PS4, now Xbox One... I think you guys will have a new developer in your ranks soon. (Hinting at myself) All we need now is Wii U support

#36 Otyugra

Otyugra

Artist & Writer

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Actually, Wii U support would be a much needed step in the right direction for Nintendo to get more 3rd party games. Do you guys think that would be a good idea for Nintendo or would we cause more harm than good?

r7sNbRa.png  (Nitemare38 = Otyugra)

Two and a half years of game development taught me the joy of making something unique and unconventional. It is not good enough to make a game fun when there are way too many other freeware games that make fun their selling point.

#37 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1337 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Actually, Wii U support would be a much needed step in the right direction for Nintendo to get more 3rd party games. Do you guys think that would be a good idea for Nintendo or would we cause more harm than good?

....How would the Wii U having even more good games hurt them? You realize that "Wii U support" != "let any scrub with a copy of Game Maker publish to the Wii U," right? =P

I'm looking forward to publishing on the Wii U. I'm sure a lot of other Game Maker developers are, too. Doesn't mean Nintendo has to take all of us, hahah.

Edited by HopelessComposer, 16 September 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#38 beeproductions

beeproductions

Helping gmc users

• GMC Member
  • 1322 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

was about time brooowsss:D

col-img1.pngcol-img4.png

bannersig.png