• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

BannerLarge_zps2d6d3f08.png

THEME: BUILD AND USE

HANDICAP: YOUR GAME CANNOT BE A PLATFORMER

SECRET WORD: MIN???? (MINIONS)

Welcome to the official GMC Jam #15 Games Topic!

Here you MUST POST YOUR GAMES to be considered for the final voting and to receive any prizes. There are some strict rules for posting in this topic and anyone who does not follow them will have their posts removed, so I strongly advise you read (and re-read!) the following before doing something you may regret later :

• Each entry has ONE post only. It must be used to show development of your game (while the Jam is on, you may are encouraged to <EDIT> your post to update people on your progress), or the actual finished game itself. Posts that only "reserve" a spot or offer no content will be deleted.
  • A link to your game MUST be posted here before the end of the Jam to qualify for votes in the final stage. An actual topic in the Games Forum is not necessary, but bare in mind that this topic is only for games - so if you want feedback, criticism or comments on your game it is recommended that you create a WIP topic and link to that too.
  • This topic is ONLY for showcasing the games and their progress, not for discussion or any other type of post. If you wish to comment on a game, do it in the actual games topic (or in the GMC Jam discussion topic), but not here! All posts that break this rule will be deleted during the Jam. When voting begins, comments can then be made within the context of the vote in the voting topic.
  • When adding new progress blogs/screenshots to your post (via the <EDIT> button) please use the SPOILER tags to hide previous content. In this way we can keep the topic tidy and organised and people can see the progression of your game from start to finish.
  • If you drop out of the Jam, PLEASE delete everything from your post so that your game is not included in the final voting and then <Report> the post so it can be removed.

A zip file will be created within a day or two of the Jam finishing to facilitate the playing of all entries.
This zip will have a randomiser in it so that people play the games in a random order, so don't think that calling your game A.A.A. Aardvarks Ardent Adventures (for example) is going to get you more plays!

It is STRONGLY recommended that you create some form of "help" page in your game as some (most?) people will NOT have read your posted topic and so have no idea what controls your game has, nor how it is to be played etc etc etc... Not including this information will have a negative impact on your game so I recommend enough that you take a few extra minutes to do it.

And that's about it. I encourage each of you that is working on a game to create videos, take screenshots and generally create a developers blog in your post. Each new entry can be edited into the post while old entries can be hidden using SPOILER tags and if you wish to discuss anything Jam related, remember that we still have the Official Jam Topic, which the moderators check regularly and there you can ask questions, make suggestions or discuss entries.

Good luck to all who participate and as always I trust this will be another fantastic community jam and that everyone will have fun!

Edited by GameDevDan, 09 August 2014 - 01:53 PM.

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#2 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

ujQSTYk.png

4dnghPS.png

.gif of gameplay:

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD: http://exkekx.itch.io/0000

Mediafire (alternate link): https://www.mediafir...4lx4sg5h0102cko

Notes:

Use WASD and Arrow Keys to move.

I don't care if you mute the music or not in this game. Music is important in some of my other games but this one is all about gameplay. The sound effects can somewhat help you play, but they're also togglable.

Also, there IS an autosave feature so don't worry about closing the game and losing all your data.

Also, the official 0000 leaderboardshttp://gmscoreboard.com/0000

Devlog! Thoughts and actions in chronological order.

0 - Cool theme. Don't know what I'm going to make, but it'll be interesting.

1 - I've gotta brainstorm.

2 - If the secret word is "minimal", that would be good for my graphics skills.

3 - OK, I swear I get the best ideas while in the shower. I just thought for an hour pointlessly about my game, messed around in GM, then I stepped in the shower and got a great idea. Now to get to work.

4 - I'm just betting on this "minimal" thing to happen. It's gotta happen.

5 - For some reason I decided to make a really weird song for the game before making any gameplay. Ah well, time well spent.

6 - Made the basic gameplay. This is very, very minimal.

7 - OK, I just began work on the most ultimate custom bouncing system ever made.

8 - Made a lot of stuff

9 - This is the weirdest Pong game ever. On the upside, the bouncing system is totally user-defined now.

10 - Adding stuff. 

11 - instance_create(choose(random_range(160,280),random_range(360,480)),choose(random_range(160,280),random_range(360,480)),obj_hole);

12 - image_angle += rot_acc; //submit to rotation

13 - Tired

14 - Making a tutorial.

15 - Tutorial done, autosaving feature implemented. First time I've ever made a save feature, actually. And I've used GM for what, over six years now? 

16 - Gameplay, graphics completed. Still to go - slight polishing and music/sound. I have 20 hours left, some of which will be used for sleep.

17 - BUILDING DRONES! No, I did not just create those and put them in the game. I simply like them for their personality. Also, game title is zero zero zero zero.

18 - OK, literally sound and music is pretty much all I have left. Also, mute buttons. 

19 - You can toggle music/sound at will. Chose two kinda fitting tracks out of my soundcloud to use as music. Also, I decided to randomly add Bombs, a new game mechanic, so if you get too good at the game and get over 100 points there's more challenge.

20 - Crappy online highscores, heck yes.

21 - It's ALL DONE! And I'm quite happy with the way everything turned out. But I still have like 4 hours left.

22 - Ate lunch. I guess I'll add something called "practice mode". Hopefully this will help people get accustomed to the weird controls and stuff before they play.

23 - Holy crap, finished.

Edited by Exkakx, 28 July 2014 - 11:48 PM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#3 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Bridges: the Game

11rqfj8.png

After an incident involving a rather large virtual reality simulation, you've been trapped in a virtual world made of bridges. Now you must utilize the few resources you have to collect the star crystals that will power your escape. Bridge your way through forty challenging puzzles to escape.

Download: http://www.mediafire...ame_Release.zip

Current Status: Released
Current Task: Touching Up

To Do:
- Sound effects for dragging/dropping bridges (Done)
- Sound indicator for arrow bridges (Deemed unnecessary)
- Background music (Done)
- More stages (at least 30, preferably around 50) (40 in all; I'm satisfied given the time constraints)
- Maybe fix up how ghost bridges react when placed on free bridges (Fixed; free bridges now always take precedent)
- End of game plot; something needs to happen when you clear all the stages (Done)
- Possible final boss? I don't know about this one (A little trick on the last stage that serves as a miniboss)
- Saving/loading system (Done)

Devlog

(All times are in Central Standard Time. Day 1 is July 25, 2014)

Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler

Day 3

Spoiler

Day 4

12:03 AM - At Exkakx's wonderful suggestion, menu and retry buttons have been added to the game interface. Backspace will still restart a stage, but now so will the retry button.

12:06 AM - The second beta release is now ready. The only real differences are Exkakx's buttons and the new conversations. Unless something major comes up, this is probably all I'll be doing for tonight.

3:40 AM - Going to bed now. Hopefully I won't oversleep tomorrow. I still need to add background music and ensure everything's in working order. I'd like a few hours of stretch time to be safe. Meanwhile, if anyone does find any problems with my game, please message me or mention me in the discussion topic. Good night, GMC.

2:35 PM - I've been awake. I just haven't had much to say. I just finished correctly implementing a full screen mode (the Draw GUI event becomes very annoying in full screen sometimes) after my girlfriend reminded me that this game won't play well on smaller screens. ALT+Enter and a button on the menu will both suffice to switch screen modes.

4:40 PM - Alright. This is it. The might-be-final release of Bridges: the Game. I'm considering a GameJolt upload, which I might do soon, but for now enjoy MediaFire.

6:59 PM - That's that, everyone. Awesome Jamming with you. I look forward to playing your games.

7:09 PM - Look! I can still write in my devlog! I feel so naughty right now; I'm Jamming after the deadline!

Edited by Mercerenies, 29 July 2014 - 12:22 AM.

iPqfGiP.png

#4 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

THE CH8T PRESENTS:

Vaqueros del Oeste

SECRET WORD GUESS: Minigun

DOWNLOAD

w_zpsd0d22d5c.gif

Edited by the ch8t, 29 July 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#5 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

logo10.png

screen12.jpg

itemdi11.png

Upgrade your robot! Fight other robots! Customize them with

Tattoos and Minions! Level up to fight the boss!!!

Programming/Other: Trg601

Graphics: Moon489

Secret word guess: Minions

Link to topic.

(Trailer in topic)

Download @ Mediafire.com

Mirror @ FileSnack.com

Giving away code for boss minion to my favorite games.

MOAR SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

Devlog: (Timezone used is central time GMT-5 hours)
Spoiler

Edited by trg601, 29 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#6 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

I HATE YELLOW

YimURuk.png

Download

DEVLOG:

Spoiler

Edited by Sirham, 28 July 2014 - 11:04 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

#7 Goinbatty

Goinbatty

I like nutella

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

DMsdm.png

ZGJIDHJE

(NAL makes awesome fonts)

-Style of gameplay: Top down shooter combined with elements from City Building. I don't know, its an idea.-

-Tools used so far: GM Studio, Paint.NET, Sfxr-

I know the name may look like I smashed my head into the keyboard a couple times but it actually means something.

10:42 update: Had an amazing idea for these useless walls I have been experimenting with. Finally.

11:16 update: Added a money system and material system. Material for building stuff and money to.. i don't know. Something.

12:40 update: Too tired to continue. See y'all tomorrow. Happy jamming!

9:48 update: Well, I woke up this morning and can't find Gamemaker. Game development is temporarily discontinued until I find it I guess.

11:01 update: Found it. Now I can continue work again.

11:44 update: Just had an amazing idea for my game.  :woot:

12:43 update: Fast paced city building arcade top-down shooting working-for-the-highest-score mining action!

2:15 update: Stop getting off track, me, and get working on your game!

5:36 update: Unfortunately I feel like my game doesn't use the theme as well as it could, but oh well. Redoing some of the building graphics.

7:36 update: Game is almost done! Woot!

GAME FINISHED! Even if there was more to add I can't. Unfortunately I'm unable to participate Sunday and Monday in the jam, so I hope you guys enjoy!

Download link!

http://gamejolt.com/...zgjidhje/30684/

Screenshot of this... thing:

Spoiler

Made you shoot some shooty things. (Amazing!)
Spoiler

Gotz to get all the moneyz!
Spoiler

Made some enemies.
Spoiler

Final (maybe) screenshot. Game almost done!
Spoiler

Edited by Goinbatty, 27 July 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#8 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Logo.png

GameJolt link
Direct link

Build up your gun and vanquish enemies aplenty in the procedurally-generated dungeons of Frankenfirearm!

3.png

Spoiler

Edited by NAL, 27 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Leafen

Leafen

Love storm! <3

• GMC Member
  • 662 posts

WORK IN PROGRESS...for tomorrow

OK I GOT STARTED, a few hours before I have been working on an engine and now I'm going to use it for this jam.

the TITLE IS

"SAVE TEH PRESIDANT!"

Feel_like_a_Ninja_texto.png

&

mother-of-god-meme.png

Tom is the leader of his team.

Mark is the pilot of the helicopter.

Bill is the mechanic of the team and he's the best with the sniper and shutgun!

Download

Edited by Lan shade, 28 July 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#10 Shadow_Lancer

Shadow_Lancer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 87 posts

SSRTS_Title.png

I didn't end up having as much time as I wanted for this.. so I made a simple RTS.

[DOWNLOAD]

SSRTS_Screenshot1.jpg

Edited by Shadow_Lancer, 28 July 2014 - 02:26 AM.

#11 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Construction Destruction

A game where you collect parts to create bots -- one from metal and one from wood (the wooden one is optional).  Along the way you can swing a big wrecking ball to knock over barrels.  And then you can jump from rope to rope.  Like a platformer... but it's not a platformer.  They're ropes, OK?

It all makes perfect sense to me.

Developer's Log -- Day One

I'm thinking "build and use" vehicles?  Robots?  An obstacle course?  All three!

Plan A:  win the Jam.

Plan B:  OK... just finish a game.

Plan C:  Try not to embarrass myself.

Developer's Log -- Day Last

Done... meaning I just ran out of time and added a final button.

screen_belts_zpsa9bc3eeb.png

screen_rope_maze_zps01b9c77e.png

Download Link

2 MB zip file, on MediaFire

GM Studio

#12 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

Bash n' Crash

f00363bc887f1e02d6e7900888d6289e.png

This will be a button mashing game I'll be making for this jam. The main focus would be on building your own machine to crash yourself into stuff to advance how far you go. This might be a difficult game to make but I'm gonna try my best on this one.

DOWNLOAD

Dev Log (Day 1):

Spoiler

Dev Log (Day 2):

Spoiler

Dev Log (Day 3)

Spoiler

Edited by Misu, 28 July 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#13 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

~ THIS IS NOT A MINECRAFT CLONE, NEITHER IT IS A GENERIC GAME ABOUT BUILDING ~
(it's just a tribute)

Latest screenie:
NOcZEVO.png

(all times here are provided in timezone JT +2, i.e. 2 hours forth relative to Jam clock)

Day one
2:02 - Alright, I know the theme now. I have absolutely no idea what to do next, so I'll probably think a little and go sleeping.
10:50 - Gosh, I haven't written a line of GML since I woke up; gotta fix it eventually...
12:33 - Still not a single line written since waking up. >.<
23:56 - Got to write some code since I updated that devblog, but there's still a whole lot of things to do. I guess I'll need to hurry up in the following days.
Spoiler

Day two
10:26 - Having been awake for a few hours, I managed to write a few more lines of code, some of these involving pretty stuff.
10:28 - OHMIGOSH, I just noticed I used single equation sign in comparison somewhere. I must be terribly confused at the moment!
14:06 - Oh dear, it's half the time. I'm not a great fan of making interfaces, and I really find it bothersome that GM doesn't have parametrised instances creation...

Day three
1:59 - Dear Princess Celestia, today I've learned once again that interfaces and displays are very bothersome and ungrateful beasts. Aside from that, I have made Nuffin. Yup, with capital "N" and double "f".
7:46 - Awaken my child, and embrace the glory which is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind... huh, what?
8:50 - Slowly getting back to work, now to implement Alice mode...
13:36 - I need a break. Fast.
14:00 - OH NO, ONLY 12 HOURS TILL THE END! Also, the recent picture:
Spoiler

(I even managed to capture it at the exact same moment as the previous one!)
Oh, and technically the screen has about 33% more width, but there's Nuffin there, so I didn't include it.
23:52 Spiraley stuff!
Spoiler

Day four
0:05 - The end is nearing, and I'm not really even done with the first level. I'll probably pretty much ignore the theme altogether. Let the madness begin!
1:55 - That's it, the last screen before this topic gets locked. I'll probably need a few more minutes past the deadline, but I hope Dan won't be too upset about it. >.<
Spoiler

2:54 - Oh, I can still edit. How convenient! Here, take the link!

Edited by Alice, 29 July 2014 - 01:07 AM.

LShy6C6.png

#14 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Disperspective

10zy3cn.jpg

Download Link: https://app.box.com/...rpb2od1fxviqfny

Devblog

Spoiler

Edited by 11clock, 29 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#15 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

30675_1.jpg

GameJolt!
Devlog

Spoiler

This was made in 8 hours, and the title screen says so too, so...yeah.  Try not to take this too seriously.

Edited by smash ball, 27 July 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#16 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1132 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

The Legends Legendary Blog of Legends

ENGINEERING SURVIVAL

LINK:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94772813/Engineering%20Survival.exe

Description:

You wake up one morning with a prophetic dream: Tomorrow is the zombie apocalypse. You have one last chance to stock up supplies before having to battle through hundreds of the undead in order to retrieve different supplies with which you will build weapons, vehicles and whatever else can be used to fight against the horde. With all of these supplies, perhaps there is a way to escape the horrible fate that seems to be unavoidable.... 

Updates:

Entries 1-5:

Spoiler

Entries 6-10:

Spoiler

Entry #11

Spoiler

Entry #12

Spoiler

Entry #13:

Spoiler

Edited by The Legend, 28 July 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#17 Joh

Joh

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

Build and Use, Joh edition
Description: Not a Plantformer

Devlog

*Game redirection* see day 2 log.

If any artist wants to join we could make it happen..

Day 1

Spoiler

Day  2

Spoiler

\Day3

Welp

I went for a while new idea... Thank you GMC Jam discussion
Impressed I did as much in a day, but yeah Devlog got thrown out.

GAME JAMWINNER

screenshot108.png

A game about Building a Game and using it to Win the Jam...

My newest game will be very Meta... to say the least.

Edited by Joh, 29 July 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#18 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:48 AM

Previous titles:
<Gotta Go Fats>
Build and Break
Totally Not Lemmings

logomenu_zpsa8ef043b.png
by GVmakesGames

My guess for the Secret Word: MINIONS

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!

screen4_zpsbf240924.png

Plot.
Spoiler

Why this doesn't respect the handicap.
Spoiler

Screenshots!
Spoiler

Day 2.
Spoiler

Day 3/final screenshots.
Spoiler

Devlog - 1st day.
Spoiler

Devlog - 2nd day.
Spoiler

Devlog - 3rd day.
Spoiler

Downloads
Spoiler

Note: some links, when viewed in some browsers (especially Dropbox with Google Chrome) may lead to "the file is a virus" errors. Note that this is a false positive and there is NO way that allows me/my game to damage your PC or you. Unless, of course, wasting your time.

Edited by NAL, 29 July 2014 - 07:50 PM.

just another indie game developer, this time agoraphobic.

Twitter | My Blog | Youtube | Steam | GameJolt | Itch.ioIndieDB | Ask.fm | reddit | MyAnimeList | osu! | WINGverse

GVmG.gif twitch_emoticon___wutface_by_centaurman_

image4.png?uid=6995159&m=0

#19 TehPilot

TehPilot

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:02 AM

a crafty escape

The eleventh hour has come.

You, a death row prisoner, have just been informed your time is up. As they prepare the electric chair, a freak accident causes the power in the entire facility to break, and all the lights go off. With your cell door unlocked, it's time to make a daring escape.

Of course, you'll need more than your bare hands to get out alive. Good thing these good-for-nothing prison guards leave all sorts of junk lying around, right there for the taking. Perhaps you can fashion a useful tool or weapon to help your escape?

MyWVU3t.png

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD LINK
BOX DOWNLOAD LINK

Edited by TehPilot, 29 July 2014 - 12:09 AM.

-~✈~-
To infinity, and surround!

#20 nacho_chicken

nacho_chicken

Metal Slime

• GMC Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

SIMOV

UXVeUeF.png

Original post:

Spoiler

25-7-14 10:29 PM Central Standard Time:

Spoiler

26-7-14 12:47 AM CST:

Spoiler

26-7-14 4:35 PM CST:

Spoiler

26-7-14 10:39 PM CST:

Spoiler

27-7-14 2:29 PM CST:

Spoiler

27-7-14 10:26 PM CST:

Spoiler

7-28-14 1:07 AM CST:

Spoiler

7-28-14 2:26 AM CST:

Spoiler

7-28-14 2:42 PM CST:

[spoiler]Just finished chapter 3! Just one more (playable) cutscene and the game is finished. Really loved working on this. One major last minute change was that Simov no longer speaks his mind throughout the game. This adds poignancy to when he does say something. It works really well.

Listening to the Virtue's Last Reward OST again.[spoiler]

7-28-14 6:22 PM CST:

The game is done. Get it here: http://www.mediafire...flteb/Simov.exe

The controls are simple and explained in-game.

Edited by nacho_chicken, 28 July 2014 - 11:47 PM.

YouTube: nacho1zero1

Twitter: @nacho_chicken

QlIK4q9.png

#21 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

COLONY

Download: 

https://app.box.com/...9drjqjqzjcknccp

Screen Shots:

Screen0_zps593e75d2.png

Screen1_zpsd4043d6a.png

Edited by nvrogers, 28 July 2014 - 10:26 PM.

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#22 GoldenIndieGames

GoldenIndieGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

<Reserved for my game & Dev>

UPDATE 7/29

Well I finished and its my first game jam. I would've loved an extra day to work on it but I'm hoping to perfect what's here and add more features down the road. A great experience, can't wait til the next one and I can't wait to play everyone else's game!

Download:

Link 1

Link 2

Screenshot:

cWWlRKH.png

UPDATE 7/28

Finished! Well, it's not ideal and I'm still hoping to tweak things a bit tomorrow after work before I submit it but the main portion of the game is there. Still a ways off from what I'd prefer but it's something and it'll be submitted tomorrow.

UPDATE 7/27

Finally posting a screenshot. I have the peasants spawn from houses and meander about. Finally have some graphics for the peasants instead of the awful colored square I had been using. Next up is to have the peasants tend to the field to produce goods for you to use.

UPDATE 7/26:

Well, after only about two hours of work I've got some basic artwork in place and the basic functions of the game working. Hopefully tonight I can finish the coding so tomorrow is just working on graphics.

Toying with an idea, it's later here though, so best case scenario I'll pump out some graphics. I don't have a ton of time for the jam this weekend but I'd like to finish a jam for once so I'll try to keep my idea simple.

Edited by GoldenIndieGames, 28 July 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#23 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Shattered Rocket

Fly your customizable Rocket Suit through a literal crash course! Through the use of Guided Timelined Random Generation Mega System (GTRG-MS), each playthrough through the 4 different levels will be different yet it'll feel like the same level! Avoid fireballs and spiky objects, smash barbarian robots and cat ghosts to smithereens, and tailor your free-built rocket suit to suit the needs of your favourite character (Luna, Ruby, Lance, Cullen or Artillery. No time to redraw all the suits for Sarhya The Dragon, sorry). Note that more or less all graphics except the suits are recycled from Shattered Whirr, and most music is recycled too. So deduct some points for that, OK? I'm not hiding it.

0EQW7SB.png

You can combine different suit parts freely!

• Select the frame of your choice!
  • Select the jet engine of your choice!
  • Select the pants of your choice!
  • And let the character of your choice wear it in battle!
  • Each character has his or her own quirks that greatly affects your chance of succeeding... it might be good to build a suit that improves someone's weak points, or maybe one that exaggerates their strong points.

Over 100 different combinations of suit parts are possible, letting you tailor gameplay experience to suit your needs. Taking characters into account, there's 1050 combinations, each one with different physics and a (slightly) different gameplay experience.

Will you build a tough armored suit that lets you move sluggishly but endure tons of damage?

Spoiler

Or will you build a form-fitting rocket swimsuit that lets you fly like the wind, but paints the screen red with your internal organs at the slightest scratch?

Spoiler

The choice is yours! Build tons of different suits, and use them beat the three main bosses, struggle in vain against the final boss (coming soon), get a high score, and brag about it!

Downloads:

Box.net (who call themselves box.com nowadays)

YYG Sandbox

Don't forget to vote for Shattered Rocket in the Jam15 voting occasion!

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#24 The Rock Abdo

The Rock Abdo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

Spoiler

and here is the game :
LWS : The Last Way To Survive

download:
Media fire : https://www.mediafir...vm7cwhr11og1b1n

YYG sandbox not working for me xD

screenshots :

FsfjzSe.png?8955

VaE52n2.png?1

Edited by The Rock Abdo, 29 July 2014 - 12:11 AM.

banner10.png

#25 brainstorm

brainstorm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Ok, he secret word must be minions, so...

Minions says meh!!!

More coming soon...

More coming soon no, because.....

I FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!

http://www.mediafire...ns says meh.zip

P.S. NAMBER 1: May you won't guess that, but it fits with the theme!!!!

P.S. NAMBER 2: Lol, it seems that someone used the same secret word. Anyway, I think that I was the first...

(If it's not true, I let you boo on me using a Personal Message)

OOOPPPSS, sorry, GVmakesGames. I let you boo on me.

HTML5 version: I'm not sure that it works, so PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT ON THE LINK ABOVE IF NOT BEFORE VOTING!!!!

Here's a new link:

http://brainy.itch.io/minions-say

Edited by brainstorm, 28 July 2014 - 03:35 PM.

MTGC2_WINNER_BANNER_brainstorm_100x100.p    5b05b309e42fdd73842f2fda3837eea1.gif

#26 Lolligirl

Lolligirl

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• GMC Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Poker Defense

(This game is backwards insomuch as Sindre and I will be reversing our roles; I program, he does art)
We don't have as much time as we usually do to spend on the game given we have stuff to do this weekend, but we'll whip something up.

Download

Lolligirl, 01:54 of late day 3 (jam began at 2 AM on Saturday morning for us):
Done!
PokerDefenseCards.jpg

Lolligirl, 20:15 of day 3:
Balancing the game now so I stop losing. >.<
PokerD4.jpg
https://dl.dropboxus...771/PokerD5.jpg

Snidr, 01:29 of day 3:
So we're making some kind of a poker/tower defense mix! We're both going far outside our comfort zones, having switched roles and all. Here's some of the art I've made so far:
Towers.png

Spoiler

Edited by Lolligirl, 29 July 2014 - 12:07 AM.

LTCicon.pngTDCicon.pngRFicon2.pngPDicon.png

The Little Tornado, That Doggone Cat, Race Friends, Poker Defense

My Language Blog - Tips, tricks, and resources from yours truly for learning languages! | #gmc IRC - Join us!

#27 jett87

jett87

Apprentice

• GMC Member
  • 111 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

8M1uayX.png

Secret Word Guess: Minions or Minimal <--- I did both...

I'm thinking of making a minimalistic RPG where you can USE different skill BUILDS or something like that... to defeat the evil boss and his minions. :P

Central European Time Zone - Italy

Day 1

It started today.

Spoiler

Day 2

A new day begins!

Spoiler

Day 3 

Another new day begins!

Spoiler

Download Links:

Dropbox

MEGA

Host-A Hosting

Gamejolt <-- HTML5 version

Edited by jett87, 28 July 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#28 JackOatley

JackOatley

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

btlogo.png

6.png

DOWNLOAD

Sandbox Download

Name, check. Title art, check. Cool screenshot, check. Gameplay, wait.... What!?!?!?!

Team:

JackOatley (Coding, Art Design)

Peps1992 (Art, Music Design)

Jamie Gupta (Music Mojofication)

All the TOP SECRET things about the game:

Spoiler

Dev Dairy + Videos:

Spoiler

All Screenshots:

longgif.gif

Edited by JackOatley, 28 July 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#29 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1372 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

PF9Zysc.png
What's so hard about pushing a cube around?

Download (If the jam hasn't ended then I may still update it):
http://gamejolt.com/...le/cobus/30715/
Thread:
http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=631961

Secret word guess: minute
day 1:
Spoiler

Day 2
Spoiler

Day 3:
Spoiler

Latest screenshots (Game is a lot more pleasing when you play it because of the fancy animations I added):
Spoiler

Edited by faissialoo, 28 July 2014 - 09:01 PM.

cooltext680386545.png
The YYGF subreddit: /r/YYGF

#30 weckar

weckar

Helping Hand

• GMC Member
  • 2616 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Spoiler

I FINISHED!!!! ... I think. I'm still bug testing for errors, but assuming nothing comes up, this is it.

LINK

Edited by weckar, 28 July 2014 - 10:04 AM.

Just had my 10-year forum anniversary. Feeling - Even - Older.
Awards & Recognitions:
Spoiler

[I have a nasty habit of writing "it is" simply as "it". Please forgive me, I try to avoid it.]

#31 brainstorm

brainstorm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Yes, I know, I:m working also in another game. Anyway here's...

Afterbuild.

Puzzle game

In the city, people started building their own houses. As the most weak houses, a lot of fires started. As the firefighters, you must save all the people.

ULTRAMEGASUPERAWESOMEFANTASTICSADLYIHAVEN'TNOTHINGSTUPIDTOSAY DEVLOGWRITED WITH MY SAMSUNG TREND:

Thinked about making four worlds with 5 levels every one.

City

Chocolate houses

Wild East

House Maker Community

Secret world: minepie (they started appearing on level 6)

After working on it at the whole last day.... (Sunday I was ill and Saturday working on minions says meh) I managed to make 10 levels. Link here (I'll ty to upload it, so stay tuned)

http://www.mediafire...Aftercreate.zip

Thank you Shadow_Lancer for your rep point!! I maked an html5 version!!!!!ç

http://brainy.itch.io/aftercreate

Edited by brainstorm, 28 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

MTGC2_WINNER_BANNER_brainstorm_100x100.p    5b05b309e42fdd73842f2fda3837eea1.gif

#32 poizen

poizen

Soft Aqua

• GMC Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

title-f356d5.png

Image51-80e35a.png

Download here  (3.61 MB)

Devlog
All times are in EEST

Day 1
Spoiler

Day 2
Spoiler

Day 3
Spoiler

Edited by poizen, 28 July 2014 - 06:07 PM.

PoizenMedal_SignatureSize-2d2ff3.png

#33 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

bje6t67.jpg

War is just beginning

DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX.COM 
DOWLOAD FROM BOX.COM

IF Neither link works for you please contact me directly either via the topic or via PM. I'm more than happy to try and get the game to you trough other methods.

If you want to discuss, comment or have a word on the game please do so: I've opened a topic Here
There you can also find more and better screenshots along with more information on the game.

King Liongtongue has a serious problem, and only you, his most trusted general, can solve it. Or can you?

​Fight the odds as you place tower after tower in a strategic position. Attempt the impossible as waves after waves come rushing in your direction. Train and dispatch your army and color the path with the blood of your enemies. Fight, kill, emerge victorious in this thrilling Tower defense game with a special twist. Comes in four difficulties ranging form causal to the hardcore warlord. 

The kingdom is in danger: but can you save it?

THE ULTIMATE GALLERY OF ALMOST-IN GAME DEVELOPMENT SNAPSHOTS

Spoiler

Edited by mr magnus, 29 July 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#34 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

title.png

DOWNLOAD LINK: GameJolt or Dropbox, whatever suits your tastes.

Made by our core team at Zombies Indie House (myself, NitroX and Dr_Wafu), Fortbloks is a tower/castle defense and shooter hybrid. Build your own fort, then (actively) defend it from enemies by controlling individual elements.

[D4 5:14]

Welp, done. It turned out to be more challenging than we expected.
Anyways, final screenies:
59900.jpg

SOME MOAR:

Spoiler

Devlog

Spoiler

Edited by Diptoman, 28 July 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#35 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Plodolps

YYG SANDBOX DOWNLOAD LINK!
(If you can't download from the sandbox, please try this dropbox link: Dropbox Download.
GMC Discussion Topic!

KKXjbWR.png
Screen2.png

Devlog:
Spoiler

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 28 July 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#36 xNyo

xNyo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Tower's Soul is you

a game by Famega Games

Giuseppe 'Nyo' Guerra and Angela Guerra

This game is a tower defence game where you have to defend your tower from the enemies and build other towers. More informations are in the "README.TXT" file inside the .zip of the game.

Download Link

http://goo.gl/MQlI7X

Want to see me while making this game? Check this timelapse!

http://goo.gl/MX5W8P

Devlog

Spoiler

Sorry if my English is bad, that's because I'm italian and English isn't my main language :P
For questions, infos and more, tweet me @famegagames

Nyo

Edited by xNyo, 28 July 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#37 Coolbot4k

Coolbot4k

The Ultimate Robot

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

Noah's Devlog

Game

Minion Quest

Latest Pic

screenfinal_zps58c97559.png

Download

https://app.box.com/...vq1kju8ibgijdmj

The Idea

An RPG card game where you can "build and use" decks of cards.

Devlog

Spoiler

Edited by Coolbot4k, 28 July 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#38 mentally_challenging

mentally_challenging

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Dolls of Steel

Team Moon Rabbits!

-Programmed by Tim R. ( mentally_challenging )

-Art and Music by Seth G. (My friend)

-Christian also helped too. (My other friend.)

Sound effects from SoundBible.

Uses a modified state machine script, originally by Ace.

A beat 'em up where you build a cute little doll hero and fight bad guys.

Link: HERE!

Controls:

Arrow Keys  - Move

Z - Punch

Screenies:

Spoiler

Dev Log:

-First Night

-Day One

-Day Two

Edited by mentally_challenging, 28 July 2014 - 11:27 PM.

Currently Project: Typhoon Unit, a side-scrolling bullet hell shooter.

#39 DoubleParallax

DoubleParallax

TriZerox

• GMC Member
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

Logo.png

Downloads

Spoiler

DevLog

Spoiler

Screenshots

Spoiler

Edited by DoubleParallax, 28 July 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#40 Noele

Noele

GMC Mentor

• GMC Member
  • 4252 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Title: Brick Maker

Theme: Build and Use

(Non-Platformer)

Brick Maker is a 'simple' puzzle game derived from begging, borowing and stealing parts from my other games and also from my tutorials to create something I hope to be unique.

MenuSmall.png

Includes all the usuall game requirements, such as loading and saving and an HTML5 version if I can iron out some sound issues the HTML5 platform has problems with.

Game Object

Match the coloured clay to make the required bricks or blocks. There is no time limit as such but the production line continues until the current order consignment is compleated.

Controls:

Mouse or touch screen - No keyboard required.

The game is a Bubble Type Puzzle game. It was constructed using elements from some of my other games and also several things brom my tutorials. It has a Custom High Score system, a virtual keyboard and custom messages which don't halt game execution.

Game Links

Play Online - Comming Soon (Possibly)

Download Windows Version

Edited by Noele, 28 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#41 2Dcube

2Dcube

Programming sucks

• GMC Member
  • 830 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Must Go Up

Description

Can you help this little block with eyes reach new heights?

Build your own spaceship out of various parts and fight gravity and enemies to get higher and higher!

Simple controls

Just 2 keys: A and S. Control your ship's thrusters on either side to fly and steer.

Game rules

You start at 0 meters, on your home planet, each time you play.

When you reach a higher level for the first time, you get a reward of $100 times the new level number.

Use money to buy new parts for your ship.

Just have fun!

Development notes

I recycled code for the grid based editor as well as some physics stuff.

I haven't had time to actually get good at my game yet... can't reach higher than level 6 yet :P

I didn't find a way to properly implement the secret word

Download Here (3.3 MB)

Screens:

02.png

03.png

01.png

04.png

(minimal) devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by 2Dcube, 29 July 2014 - 12:24 AM.

gmc_banner_tntbfu.png

#42 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9450 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Alright, I think I'm done...

Confidence Builder

Be confident in your ability to BUILD up the best tower you can by USE-ing the provided blocks.

The game includes online highscores, which pop up in bubbles as you build to show you people who have got a highscore similar to your current tower height.

Instructions are shown in the top right, you can click the instruction bubble to advance to the next one if they are taking too long. F1 starts the instructions again from the beginning.

You will also notice that EVERY POSSIBLE SECRET WORD has been included in the game*.

Have fun!

Download: https://dl.dropboxus...derGMCJam15.zip
HTML5: http://www.html5have...fidencebuilder/

(Windows build strongly recommended)

*Some assembly required

#43 Ixlegraw

Ixlegraw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

6fm49g.png

A game where you must BUILD the levels of a tower and barricades and USE them to defeat them cliché enemies.

SCREENSHOT:

10pbznk.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.mediafir...jgbkzb9r00gnr7i

Devlog!? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fine...

Day 1:

Spoiler

Day 2:

Spoiler

Day 3:

7:48 AM, Oh yes! It's a weekday, my parents will go to work, and I have the whole day to polish the game!!! :DD I think I'll be improving the graphics and ACTUALLY putting some effort on the pixel art now. xD

10:00 AM, I started drawing, but I wasn't really inspired or filled with ideas at the time soo....

5:00 PM, Daaaang I just wasted the day O.O But, I WAS able to start redrawing the skull.

6:00 PM, I finished the skull and it looks really good xD I started working on some more graphics like the explosions, particle effects, etc etc

7:00 PM, I optimized the explosions to reduce lag during the late-game.

By the way, the music was composed by a long gone member by the name of icymx (in memory of him).

Edited by Pixelade, 28 July 2014 - 04:00 PM.

0c4687e3.png jumplogo_zps6c509997.png fk5o4z.png 2j4ahzb.png

#44 marsiic

marsiic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Last changes: 28.07.2014 23:59 (Added HELP FILE)

cube3xl_by_marsiic-d7sh0r3.png

CUBE 3x

DOWNLOAD GAME HERE

secret word: minutes

In near future houses are built from blocks.
You need to build your house quickly and when requested block comes up You need to deliver it!..

The faster you deliver the block - the quicker it will be built and thus making it possible to build it higher!..
(Because of time shortage couldn't finish as i waned, but nevertheless IT WORKS!.. :thumbsup:  ..thanks for support!.. )

cube3x.jpg

delivered by ..marsiic!..

http://marsiic.me/?page=games 

mc_by_marsiic-d7sh19u.png

Edited by marsiic, 28 July 2014 - 11:11 PM.

voteup_by_marsiic-d5zb7qd.png

..marsiic!..

Here u can see some of my work @ DeviantArt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#45 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Octopus of Happiness

DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

Shoot lasers at smilies and don't let them break your castle.

Devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by kepons, 28 July 2014 - 07:43 PM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#46 Wixu

Wixu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Dev log:
Day 3: realised jam is almost over, rushed a quick game :P

DIE OR LIVE

8392553390252bcd3dcdb75c07a9ff64.png

Download (15.7 mb)

Edited by Wixu, 28 July 2014 - 11:26 PM.

I love Alice...

#47 UKDutyPaid

UKDutyPaid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Atomism...

Sit back... relax... and build atoms in this chilled out skill puzzler. Control a particle accelerator to fire electrons at a nucleus to create atoms. Timing and skill are crucial as you work your way through 7 ever harder levels.

Dev thoughts on the release version:
Spoiler

DOWNLOAD

atomismscreenie.png

Another Screenie
Spoiler

DEVLOG:
Spoiler

Edited by UKDutyPaid, 29 July 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#48 NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1061 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

zQIn8Bp.png

Unfortunately, I only started today, so this is basically just a platformer without a theme at the moment :/ But anyway, here goes. I was tempted to make something the exact opposite of the theme and handicap, and that's what I did with the handicap.

Basic platformer with HP, Leveling up (and improved agility when on a higher level), etc. Currently, 3 levels, just to show you what's in the game so far. Also has a saving and loading system inputted, even though it's so short :) If you find any bugs, please tell me, thanks :) The screenshots are a bit outdated because I have fixed the bugs :biggrin:

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Download the Installer (available from Dropbox) - 6.88MB

Thanks all.

EDIT: I think the secret word is minimal, so just let all the things in my game be super-tiny xD

Edited by IceMaster, 28 July 2014 - 07:56 PM.

This forum is archived. The above may not reflect my current opinion, or may be irrelevant now.

#49 Feerple

Feerple

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Here's my main game. It stinks, but at least I sorta tried (not really)

A Subpar Game
https://app.box.com/...gb6009lfwpguh5w

Here's another game I made in like five minutes.

#50 speedchuck

speedchuck

Because why not?

• GMC Member
  • 545 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Done. Uploading. No time for devlogs, drama, screenshots, etc.

Tower Beat Down

Eh, game is basically broken, tell me what I should do with the concept when reviewing.

Edited by speedchuck, 29 July 2014 - 12:54 AM.

SghHBkv.pngimage.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games