66 replies to this topic

#51 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Meh..... and having spelt Russell's name wrong.... you have 24h left. Enjoy them ;)

#52 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Whoops! Sorry Russell! My laptop is a bit old, the keys don't always contact...

Please don't kill me Mike! You are awesome! You're my favourite, I swear!

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#53 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

If Mike is your favourite then you are definitely on the list - scheduled for tomorrow....

Russell

#54 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

is the offer for GM PRo + android and ios export modules now not available?

#55 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

is the offer for GM PRo + android and ios export modules now not available?

Nope thats why its called a summer sale :P

#56 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

then wheres the wroking link please?

#57 zerohero

zerohero

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

When I click the link to buy the HTML, MAC and UBUNTU bundle for $180 and proceed to checkout the price calculation is wrong and paypal states it is an invalid transaction. Anyone experiencing this problem? I have tried on three browsers and cleaner cache etc.

Product Unit price Subtotal 1 Mac Export $99.99 $99.99 1 HTML5 Export $99.99 $99.99 1 Ubuntu Export $99.99 $99.99 1 SUMDTWEB – Summer Sale - Desktop and Web -$119.99 -$119.99 Subtotal (ex. VAT) $59.98
£35.10 VAT (at 20.0%) $12.00
£7.02

Please note: Values in £GBP are provided for illustration only. You will be charged in $USD.
Exchange rate calculated by daily rates provided by Open Exchange Rates, per HMRC approval.

Total $71.98
£42.12

Edited by zerohero, 19 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#58 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

If Mike is your favourite then you are definitely on the list - scheduled for tomorrow....

Russell

Ugh, there's no winning with you guys!

GMC HAAALP! YoYo people are putting me on lists! D:

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#59 Destron

Destron

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1361 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Russell

Ugh, there's no winning with you guys!

GMC HAAALP! YoYo people are putting me on lists! D:

Once your on YoYo's list there is no help for you. Just stay inside and lock your doors.

HTML5 INI Saving Example | HTML5/GMS Saving/Loading/User Login with PHP/MySQL/Async | GameMaker Examples/Tutorials | PHP/MySQL cross platform high score list/leaderboard
Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.

#60 Dragon47

Dragon47

Mytino

• GMC Member
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

I'm strongly considering buying YYC now that it's on sale, but if master edition will be on sale in the future, I'm not sure if I should. Will master ever be on sale?
And if I do buy YYC, will I only get Windows (YYC), or are Android (YYC) and iOS (YYC) included (or would I have to buy normal android and ios to get those as well)?
Thanks in advance.

wfoEubT.png       BNY6m3V.png       cfwjSDg.png       jermsLg.png       WqPXsGB.png

Games:   Blue Void (3D horror)   Icebound (2D puzzle platformer)

#61 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

I'm strongly considering buying YYC now that it's on sale, but if master edition will be on sale in the future, I'm not sure if I should. Will master ever be on sale?
And if I do buy YYC, will I only get Windows (YYC), or are Android (YYC) and iOS (YYC) included (or would I have to buy normal android and ios to get those as well)?
Thanks in advance.

Master went on sale last year for 500 bucks I believe.

#62 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Thanks in advance.

Master went on sale last year for 500 bucks I believe.

Er...I'm pretty sure Master collection was $500 back then, not $800.  $800 price increase happened late august or so.  So, it was $500, but not on sale.

Edited by smash ball, 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#63 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Thanks in advance.

When you have the YYC it is only available for the exports you have and YYC supported. Currently Windows, Android, iOS and allegedly Sony.

So if you own Master, YYC and iOS, then YYC would be active for Windows and iOS. Should you later buy Android upon registering it Android (YYC) would also be available.

Will the Master Collection go on sale?

YYGs has been reluctant to comment on future sales.

Having said that I doubt MC will be included in the current summer sale and doubt it will be on sale in the forseable near future. For example putting MC on sale on Week 4 would create a lot of bad sentiment for those who just purchased some of the exports in Weeks 1, 2, or 3.

YYGs has had a fair amount of sales, but rarely has MC been in one of the sale items. The occasions that MC was on sale were a long time ago, specifically a pay the difference where if you paid the difference between the export you currently had and the existing price (then $500) you could upgrade to MC. Another sale was MC for 25% of of the then priced $500 for $375.

And then the last sale, which wasn't really a sale, but rather a buy it now for $500 because it's price is being raised to $800 announcement.

So based on history, I doubt that you will see a sale price on the MC, but this is pure speculation on my part.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 23 July 2014 - 10:42 PM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#64 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

The only logical point from a business point of view is to do a MC sale is when they expect to never release any more future exports. :P (E.g. when Studio 2.0/GM9 is coming)

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#65 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

I'm sure this has been answered in the past, but I'll ask it again. If I were to buy the Compiler from YYG's store, do I get a Steam key for it too? As well as the other modules? Just thought I'd double check before spending that much!

#66 Dragon47

Dragon47

Mytino

• GMC Member
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

@Brawl

Purchased the yoyo compiler just now. Not using GM for steam myself, but it said this at the bottom of the purchase information:
"Please note: Steam keys for GameMaker: Studio and export modules are allocated fourteen (14) days after purchase where eligible. Use the licence recovery form to retrieve all of the GameMaker licence keys associated with the email address above, including allocated Steam codes.
For help and enquiries, contact the YoYo Games Help Centre."

wfoEubT.png       BNY6m3V.png       cfwjSDg.png       jermsLg.png       WqPXsGB.png

Games:   Blue Void (3D horror)   Icebound (2D puzzle platformer)

#67 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Alright cool. Well, I just repurchased Pro from the YYG store anyway. Only $35. Got Pro and YYC for less than the price of YYC, so that's fair enough! Now I don't have to use Steam ever! :D Happy day.