#1 James.Foreman

James.Foreman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

The YoYo Games Summer Sale is here! 

For the next four weeks we will be offering some outstanding weekly deals and to get things off to a flying start, here are just some of the awesome deals available in Week 1:

GameMaker: Studio Professional now $60
iOS + Android Export Modules now $240 
Many more... 

For more fantastic offers and more information, please visit: https://www.yoyogame...ons/summer-sale

#2 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

Thats great!

But will there be deals for people who already have GMS Professional?

#3 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

You'll have to wait and see what is coming up in weeks 2, 3, & 4. ;)

#4 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

You'll have to wait and see what is coming up in weeks 2, 3, & 4. ;)

Its probably not gonna happen...they did the same with the previous sale.

#5 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Its probably not gonna happen...they did the same with the previous sale.

LOL - didn't realise that. Good one :)

Edited by Lonewolff, 09 July 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#6 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Thats great!
But will there be deals for people who already have GMS Professional?

Two of the sales are for people who have Pro.

• iOS and Android Modules for $240
  • All Mobile modules for $400

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#7 mentally_challenging

mentally_challenging

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Does the sale also apply to the Steam version of Game Maker Studio?

Currently Project: Typhoon Unit, a side-scrolling bullet hell shooter.

#8 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

I dont think so.

#9 mentally_challenging

mentally_challenging

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I dont think so.

Aw, man.  I've been wanting to upgrade to Pro, but I don't want to have two separate versions of the same software.

#10 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

I dont think so.

Aw, man.  I've been wanting to upgrade to Pro, but I don't want to have two separate versions of the same software.

This reasoning doesn't appear to be well thought out.

When you buy Professional from YYGs you also get a Steam Key, so both can be the same version. 

There are a lot of benefits to having both:

• If YYGs authentication servers are down, you can use your Steam version.
  • Having the Steam version as well as the YYG's version allows you to run Studio legally on more than three machines.
  • You can keep your stable builds on YYGs and then test new versions of Studio without risk or the inconvienance of downgrading.
  • YYGs seems to be offering a lot more sales and incentives for their version than their Steam distributions.
  • YYGs releases come out sooner than their Steam equivalents.

And if you still insist on not having two different versions, fine, remove the Steam version.

These forums are absolutely full of people who bought the Steam version and are upset they can't easily switch to the non-Steam version. This is an opportunity to switch to the Non-Steam cheaply (while still receiving the Steam version).

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 09 July 2014 - 07:04 PM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#11 mentally_challenging

mentally_challenging

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

I dont think so.

This reasoning doesn't appear to be well thought out.

When you buy Professional from YYGs you also get a Steam Key, so both can be the same version. 

There are a lot of benefits to having both:

• If YYGs authentication servers are down, you can use your Steam version.
  • Having the Steam version as well as the YYG's version allows you to run Studio legally on more than three machines.
  • You can keep your stable builds on YYGs and then test new versions of Studio without risk or the inconvienance of downgrading.
  • YYGs seems to be offering a lot more sales and incentives for their version than their Steam distributions.
  • YYGs releases come out sooner than their Steam equivalents.

And if you still insist on not having two different versions, fine, remove the Steam version.

These forums are absolutely full of people who bought the Steam version and are upset they can't easily switch to the non-Steam version. This is an opportunity to switch to the Non-Steam (while still receiving the Steam version).

Oh, cool.  I didn't know that.  Thanks.

#12 DigitalScars

DigitalScars

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I dont think so.

They never do, which pisses me off a little. I've seen around 4-5 sales come and go now and it's never for steam. I appreciate i could get it outside of steam but i've already bought pro + some other modules via steam so don't want to break away now and repurchases everything outside steam.

Edited by DigitalScars, 09 July 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#13 Jobo

Jobo

Second-Scum-Of-The-Earth

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 3000 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

These deals are so good I almost wish I didn't have GameMaker: Studio Master already, just so I could take advantage of this.

My posts are my own views and opinions... Unless they are yours too, in which case I think you're a very intelligent and handsome individual (I think you are anyway!)

#14 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hello,

Among some of the other options out there, I have been considering purchasing Gamemaker Studio for use in developing games. The higher price of Gamemaker compared to some of the other available products is one of the things that is kind of holding me back from selecting GMS, but with this sale, that might change. 

Here is my concern: what's with the "mystery sale?" I know you're probably trying to build up some hype, but to what end? Likely the only people who will notice this sale are those who are already trying GMS and thinking of upgrading (like myself), so the "come back each week to see the new sales!" pitch kind of seems pointless. Why don't you just let us know what sales are going to be offered so that we can pick the best option to suit our needs?

It feels like you're trying to get us to "jump" at a sale we think will expire within a week, and by doing so we may buy something that would not best meet our needs, and so we'd end up having to buy more things later on....

So, for example, if I were to buy the Pro version plus some of the export modules during the first week of this sale (because they are on sale now, and might not be on sale next week?), but then in a later week you end up offering a larger bundle of the things I want at a better total price (or if you just offered the Master version at a discount in the last week), I'd feel kind of cheated.

On the other hand, if I choose to wait to see what other sale offers are going to be made later, and thereby miss out on the option I should have taken, I'd again feel cheated.

So you see, with this "mystery sale" format, I don't feel I can make an informed decision about whether or not to buy GML, and during what week I should make the purchase, and what specific bundle I should buy. I understand you wanting to play up some hype -- and don't get me wrong; I do appreciate you running sales for your product, which is what is causing me to seriously consider purchasing GMS as my tool of choice --,but as someone who is seriously considering making such a non-trivial purchase, I just don't appreciate having to make the purchase without having all the information, or having to possibly wait till it's too late to see if a better deal comes along and then miss out on the deal I should have gotten. It shouldn't feel like I have to play a gambling game to buy your product....

I'll be blunt and just ask this: "are you going to offer the Gamemaker Master version at a discount at some point in this sale?" Because if I'm going to buy into Gamemaker as my tool of choice, I would prefer to just purchase the whole shebang. But then again, It still depends on the total price it might be vs. how much I'd end up paying for Pro + the modules I'm interested in.

If you still don't want to reveal your sales to the general public, then send me a private message or e-mail me. I'm serious about making a purchase, but if I'm spending hundreds of dollars, I don't want to feel like I have to make a blind decision because I don't have all the information about the sale offers that will pop up in the next weeks. This should feel like a business decision for me, not like I'm playing a gambling game of spinning the wheel and choosing the right week to make my purchase, hoping it's the best choice for my needs.

By the way, I might have used the "HelpDesk" for this inquiry, but there is a notice posted there about how a large influx of tickets is causing delays, so I'm afraid that by the time someone got back to me, the sale would have ended, or that I'd have missed purchasing the bundle that would be best for my needs.

Thanks for your time.

And again, don't get me wrong. GMS is up there at the top of my list of quality products. It seems like it would suit my needs quite well. But price is always a concern. This sale is just the thing that would push me to choosing GMS above the other options, but I just need to know that I won't feel cheated by whichever option I go with, or that I might miss out on the best option because I waited to see if a better bundle would come along next week....

#15 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Easy. :)

Have a look at the normal prices - compare with the currently available offer.

If you feel the offer isn't reasonable, don't buy ;)

I purchased GM:S Pro a year ago at the regular full price. Sales come an go, it is a fact of life. But still, purcashing GM:S Pro is still the best thing I have done.

#16 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Whatever sales they will offer in the future of this summer sale, it's not going to be at a better price than what's already been offered.  That would annoy buyers to no end.  Even if you buy the stuff on sale, you can always enter in your license keys later when you go to buy the master collection to get a price reduction.

Right now, the pro version is $60, and the modules are $120.  So you bought them all for $300.  Now let's say it's week 2, and master collection is $200 off.  Master collection now costs $600.  But wait!  You already paid $300 for these other modules, so your master collection total comes out to $300.  That means you paid, in total, $600.  It doesn't matter whether or not you buy certain things on a certain week because your total is going to come out the same.  If you really think you need every single export plus the yoyocompiler, then you can wait for MC to go on sale (if it does).  Otherwise, there's no harm in taking up the current offers.

#17 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Whatever sales they will offer in the future of this summer sale, it's not going to be at a better price than what's already been offered.  That would annoy buyers to no end.  Even if you buy the stuff on sale, you can always enter in your license keys later when you go to buy the master collection to get a price reduction.

Right now, the pro version is $60, and the modules are $120.  So you bought them all for $300.  Now let's say it's week 2, and master collection is $200 off.  Master collection now costs $600.  But wait!  You already paid $300 for these other modules, so your master collection total comes out to $300.  That means you paid, in total, $600.  It doesn't matter whether or not you buy certain things on a certain week because your total is going to come out the same.  If you really think you need every single export plus the yoyocompiler, then you can wait for MC to go on sale (if it does).  Otherwise, there's no harm in taking up the current offers.

When buying Master Collection it does not discount existing modules that you own.

On two occasions in the past (When MC was first offered and when MC was raised to $800) YYGs offered a special like that.

#18 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

On two occasions in the past (When MC was first offered and when MC was raised to $800) YYGs offered a special like that.

Oh, I thought that was permanent.  Then in that case...I can see MC not being put on sale (especially if future sale items would rack up to the same price).

#19 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

Oh great! Too bad I own Master Collection...

Edited by 11clock, 10 July 2014 - 08:02 PM.

qNDVrhl.png

#20 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Hm. The uncertainty involved is what's preventing me from moving forward. If the Master Collection is going to be on sale (uncertain), that would probably be the best option for me (mainly for iOs + Android + HTML5, and probably the YoYo compiler, and having all the export options + future updates is attractive, even if I don't need them all). Or if were true that I'd get a discount of what I already paid if I upgraded to MC (probably not?), then I could go ahead and buy some of the sale bundles without worry....

Honestly, paying the full price for all these things is just too steep, especially considering that I (we, actually -- me and another developer will be working together) would be buying 2 licenses for GMS if this is ultimately the product we go with. So, if the Master Collection ends up on sale, we're probably going to buy 2 of those.... Otherwise, we'd have to figure out which sale bundles would best suit our needs. So we get back to the issue of not being able to know, because we don't have all the information about the "mystery sales...."

While I do greatly appreciate the sale, I don't like the "mystery" element of it!

How can I be confident in knowing if I should buy now or wait?

#21 Destron

Destron

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1361 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

Hm. The uncertainty involved is what's preventing me from moving forward. If the Master Collection is going to be on sale (uncertain), that would probably be the best option for me (mainly for iOs + Android + HTML5, and probably the YoYo compiler, and having all the export options + future updates is attractive, even if I don't need them all). Or if were true that I'd get a discount of what I already paid if I upgraded to MC (probably not?), then I could go ahead and buy some of the sale bundles without worry....

Honestly, paying the full price for all these things is just too steep, especially considering that I (we, actually -- me and another developer will be working together) would be buying 2 licenses for GMS if this is ultimately the product we go with. So, if the Master Collection ends up on sale, we're probably going to buy 2 of those.... Otherwise, we'd have to figure out which sale bundles would best suit our needs. So we get back to the issue of not being able to know, because we don't have all the information about the "mystery sales...."

While I do greatly appreciate the sale, I don't like the "mystery" element of it!

You are way over analyzing the situation. If you need the software then buy it. Mystery sales are a common thing in retail because of the excitement they tend to generate. Amazon is huge about them during the holidays. There are a lot of things in life I could have paid less for if I had waited, but I either couldn't wait or didn't want to wait. That's life. But if I really need something I'm not going to sit around and wait for a deal that may or may not ever come.

So buy what you need now and don't worry about it. No matter if you pay full price or not the software can pay for itself.
HTML5 INI Saving Example | HTML5/GMS Saving/Loading/User Login with PHP/MySQL/Async | GameMaker Examples/Tutorials | PHP/MySQL cross platform high score list/leaderboard
Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.

#22 Jobo

Jobo

Second-Scum-Of-The-Earth

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 3000 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Honestly, paying the full price for all these things is just too steep

"paying the full price"? You're saying this in a topic about a sale with discounted prices!

You can buy the modules you need now, and then rejoice in the fact that you got them at a discounted price, and if the Master Collection isn't being discounted, then you can rejoice in the fact that you didn't spend money on modules just because "it looks attractive even though you don't need them" (to quote yourself).

Edited by Jobo, 11 July 2014 - 10:42 AM.

My posts are my own views and opinions... Unless they are yours too, in which case I think you're a very intelligent and handsome individual (I think you are anyway!)

#23 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

LOL - gets tiring doesn't Jobo? :)

#24 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Well, look, maybe other people buy into hype, but I am looking at this strictly as a business decision, so yes, I am putting a lot of analysis into it. I don't want to feel like I'm going to a car lot with a flashy, hyped-up sale telling me I "need this now!!" -- I just want to make the best decision for myself.

And that's the thing -- I don't strictly "need" GMS... It's just one of the options I've been exploring. At sale prices, it definitely becomes one of the most attractive options. And no, I have to say I would not pay the full price, because it's like when I go to an expensive department store and they sell shirts for $50.... I just wouldn't buy a shirt for $50 when I have other options for less-expensive shirts that could suit my needs. So the store runs a great sale so that the price of the shirt is vastly marked down, which is the only thing making the price within the range of something I would buy....

I'm not trying to get into a whole thing with anyone over this; I'm just trying to make the best business decision and not feel like I'm being hyped into something without having all the information.

I appreciate people offering advice, but I know you guys have already purchased GMS and are thinking, "man, I wish I could have gotten these better prices! What's he complaining about?" heh ;)

#25 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

if i want to just make android games/apps and occasionally make ios apps is this the best option

https://www.yoyogame..._code=SUMANDIOS

but then you have to buy Pro too for $60 so thats $300 total.

Also want to ask is this whole GM app developement now at a stable release.  Once i buy this is it all complete nothing else to buy to make and release apps?

Should i wait for the other weeks offers/

If you do will this current offer be expired then, i.e is the week one offers only valid for ONE week then gone?

Edited by DefuzionGames, 11 July 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#26 Destron

Destron

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1361 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Well, look, maybe other people buy into hype, but I am looking at this strictly as a business decision, so yes, I am putting a lot of analysis into it. I don't want to feel like I'm going to a car lot with a flashy, hyped-up sale telling me I "need this now!!" -- I just want to make the best decision for myself.

And that's the thing -- I don't strictly "need" GMS... It's just one of the options I've been exploring. At sale prices, it definitely becomes one of the most attractive options. And no, I have to say I would not pay the full price, because it's like when I go to an expensive department store and they sell shirts for $50.... I just wouldn't buy a shirt for $50 when I have other options for less-expensive shirts that could suit my needs. So the store runs a great sale so that the price of the shirt is vastly marked down, which is the only thing making the price within the range of something I would buy....

I'm not trying to get into a whole thing with anyone over this; I'm just trying to make the best business decision and not feel like I'm being hyped into something without having all the information.

I appreciate people offering advice, but I know you guys have already purchased GMS and are thinking, "man, I wish I could have gotten these better prices! What's he complaining about?" heh ;)

If your comparing different software then you should be comparing the at full price. If your not willing to pay the full price then don't buy it and move on. Nobody is trying to pressure you in to buying just because there is a sale. When I bought my last car it was on sale when I initially looked at it but I wasn't 100% sure it was the car for me so I explored other options first. When I finally decided without a doubt that was the car for me it was no longer on sale but I knew without question it was the one I wanted so I bought it anyway. The sale price had nothing to do with my decision and it should never have anything to do with a major buying decision. The primary question on your mind should be is GM the right software for my team.

Comparing to a shirt is a bad analogy because everyone knows department stores bring clothes in at a 300%+ markup so they look high class then mark them down to like $15 when the next new wave comes in. Master is however well worth the $800 if you know what your doing and can monetize it. When I popped for master I made my money back the next weekend (mind you I designed the game in pro, then bought master for the additional exports and did some final bug testing) but the point is you can make your money back over and over again if you know how.
HTML5 INI Saving Example | HTML5/GMS Saving/Loading/User Login with PHP/MySQL/Async | GameMaker Examples/Tutorials | PHP/MySQL cross platform high score list/leaderboard
Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.

#27 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for your insights.

And DefuzionGames, yes, that's a question I have as well: "is the week one offers only valid for ONE week then gone?"

It appears like that may be the case, but it's uncertain. I'm wondering why someone from Yoyo can't post in this topic to clarify some of these things? I mean, if the only answer they are going to give me is "you have to wait and see what the sales will be" they could at least do that....

I like to have all the information I can before making an important decision.

#28 sdday81

sdday81

GMC Member

• 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

I currently own the Steam version.  I bought the Pro + HTML 5 a while back when there was sale on steam and have been wanting to upgrade, but they never have sales on Steam anymore :(   I didn't realize there were 2 different versions of GMS.  I just figured Steam was another distribution channel for yo yo's software.  Now that I know that, what is the difference between the 2 versions?  Is everyone absolutely sure we can't purchase the addons for the steam version too?  It would be nice if someone from yo yo can confirm.

#29 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

YoYo version:

- Gets updates earlier

- Requires internet connection to use

- Seems to have overall less problems

Steam version:

- Gets updates later

- Doesn't require internet connection to use

- Seems to have overall more problems, at least there are more topics by Steam GM:S users that don't apply to YoYo GM:S users at all

Absolutely sure that these sales are YoYo only. However, by buying the YoYo version, you get a free Steam key alongside whatever you purchase, so if you want to use the Steam version, use it. (You do not get a YoYo license when buying through Steam)

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#30 Kimidori

Kimidori

Opened Ultimate Gate

• GMC Member
  • 552 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

- Seems to have overall more problems, at least there are more topics by Steam GM:S users that don't apply to YoYo GM:S users at all

for example?

No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement.

#31 rubenjavier

rubenjavier

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hello everyone...

Im with AgameDev in this one...

For example, I have GMS Pro with the following modules:

.-Mac OSX

.-Ubuntu

.-Tizen

I would like to have the mobile modules (would have Master Collection if possible), but since I already have Tizen, the sale coupon dont apply when I remove Tizen from the cart...

If I get just the Android and iOS modules, then for a possible Master Collection Upgrade Sale on another week, the amount of all my modules surpases Master Collection Costs, and the last sale the offered this upgrade they stated that a minimum of 199$ difference was needed.

If YoYoGames is going to offer an upgrade to Master Collection I would like to know, even if they just PM me in private because the want to keep the surprise

Like was said before... I just want to make the best bussiness choice and not feel somehow cheated on the weeks to come... I would love to upgrade to Master Collection... but I want to know ifthis is going to be a possibility... and if the offers of this week are ONLY this week, because we dont even have an official confirmation on that

Thanks in advance YYG

Regards

Edited by rubenjavier, 13 July 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#32 HHMedia

HHMedia

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

The whole point of these sales is to get people to buy something , just like every other consumer product . Honestly I'm not sure why everyone is asking for YYG to tell them what's happening with the next sale . You don't surely do that with everything else you buy in life do you ? Food , Cars , Clothing , TV's , Stereos etc etc . Surely you wouldn't expect them to say " Hey, don't buy anything from us now , just wait 4 weeks and we'll give it to you cheaper " . That's bad business .

I myself was fortunate , I decided to buy Studio , Android Mod and HTML5 Mod . Just happened to be a sale on when I purchased them . There is no guarantees for the future pricing of any product you buy . Whether it be for a business or not . YYG are right to not divuldge any info on future sales . That's the whole point .

I understand that you all want the most bang for your buck and it's a big decision for some (it was for me) , because it can be alot of money when you have kids, mortgage etc .

Personally I think , if you got the money in front of you , there is no time like the present !

#33 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

Yes, I surely would ask if a physical item was going to be cheaper in upcoming week of an ongoing sale at a store. And the store workers would have no problem telling me if that were the case. However, the concern in a situation like that, is that if I wait to buy a physical item, it might sell out of stock before I get a chance to buy it....

And I am dismayed that not a single person representing Yoyo Games has bothered to post any addition information or address our concerns here on the forum, where they announced the sale.... I mean, what's up with that? Seriously.

But in any case, we went ahead and made the purchase for just the basic stuff that was on sale.... But I will absolutely make loud complaints if this stupid "mystery sale" later offers a better bundle that would have suited my need better :P ;)

#34 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

What's up with that, is, they are not going to reveal sales plans before hand, as that is a horribly foolish business practice.

Also, no one in this hypothetical store would tell you, as that is a corporate matter, and likely wouldn't have any information on upcoming sales.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#35 AgameDev

AgameDev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

You're wrong. Toys-R-Us has been running a %-off sale for over a month, and when asked, the employees readily inform you that the discounts will becomes greater in coming weeks (this is not a hypothetical store or a hypothetical situation). And, like, every store pre-advertises their specific Black Friday sales (and other special events) beforehand....

And the issue isn't specifically that they haven't revealed their upcoming deals for this sale, but that they haven't responded AT ALL to my and other people's inquiries here after nearly a week. It's a customer service thing. Even if they don't want to reveal their upcoming bundles, we, as customers, should be able to expect some kind of response. The foolish business practice would be letting customers feel like the company is only interested in getting their money.

#36 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Well... we're not Toys'R'Us..... If you see a deal you like get it, or don't... it's up to you. :)

#37 master link

master link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

I didn't expect the deals from week 1 to disappear with the coming of week 2...

Did I seriously miss out on the $400 master collection? Because that would be really sour...

#38 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Did I seriously miss out on the $400 master collection?

Are we viewing the same site?

#39 master link

master link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Did I seriously miss out on the $400 master collection?

Are we viewing the same site?

I thought so, yes, but now you have me doubting myself.

I don't see the "all mobile modules" blurb on the summer sale page anymore. Am I looking in the wrong place?

#40 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

I don't see Steam advertising the next day sales during the Summer Sale, why should YoYo?

Also, these sales are looking fantastic! If I had the cash I would get that Ubuntu export for sure!

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 16 July 2014 - 12:52 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#41 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Week 2 deals look pretty sweet to :)

#42 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

I don't see the "all mobile modules" blurb on the summer sale page anymore. Am I looking in the wrong place?

All mobile modules!=master collection.  All mobile modules are just the mobile modules, not Mac or Ubuntu or HTML5 (etc.)

#43 master link

master link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

All mobile modules!=master collection.  All mobile modules are just the mobile modules, not Mac or Ubuntu or HTML5 (etc.)

It was definitely the master collection. 

I put it in my shopping basket and it clearly stated "Master Collection: $400" but I wasn't ready to pay at the time.

Guess I'm out of luck.

#44 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

It was definitely the master collection. 

I put it in my shopping basket and it clearly stated "Master Collection: $400" but I wasn't ready to pay at the time.

Guess I'm out of luck.

I dont know what youre talking about.

Im pretty sure the Master wasnt on sale.

#45 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Master was definitely NOT on sale last week.

Russell

#46 master link

master link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I swear it was the master collection. What the hell. Am I going crazy?

#47 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Yes.... yes you are.

#48 xygthop3

xygthop3

You may know me from such forums as "Shaders"

• GMC Member
  • 3367 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

I swear it was the master collection. What the hell. Am I going crazy?

Week 1 deals are still listed here: http://gmnewsbite.co...ig-summer-sale/

Mike is the only Master you'll see on this page......

#49 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

You will now live another week.....

#50 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Just a thought about the sale's title. You might want to not call it the Summer Sale as it may imply to some that it's recurring every year.

I know it's a bit late to mention this, but I instantly thought about Steam's Summer Sale when I got the email for this.

Unless this is a recurring thing now? I don't see that being the case though.

But that's not stopping some amazing deals going on here!

All hail the Mike! All hail the Russell!

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 16 July 2014 - 01:36 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png