#1 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

The GMC Jam Facts, Stats and Hall of Fame

The GMC Jam Facts, Stats and Hall of Fame topic, a collection of links and quick references to find the past Jam winners, discussion and game topics as well as some statistics and facts along the way.

A list is also being complied in this post linking to any Jam games that have been developed further since their respective Jams finished. If you have updated any of your past Jam entries, send me a PM with a link to their discussion topic (or a place where the game can be found) and I'll add them to the list.

Please let me know if you find any inaccuracies, incorrect links or feel any extra information should be added.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hall of Fame

hall_of_fame_2_final_zpsc7b4ac25.png

Banner by the ch8t.

Spoiler

1. Greenblizzard (13, 12, 1)

2. Blake (20, 14)

Zombies Indie House (19, 15)

Lolligirl & TheSnidr (11, 9)

5. Venomous (21)

Yal (18)

Snail_Man (17)

NAL (16)

Lune (10)

holgersson1988 (8)

GameDevDan (7)

Jools64 (6)

True Valhalla (5)

Ziggler1 (5)

Robert3DG+ (4)

TheSnidr (3)

Spydog (2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jam League Table

See this post for a link to a spreadsheet showing the number of entries each user has beaten per Jam, created by GameDevDan. It's the all new Jam league table!

Misc. Stats & Facts

Spoiler

GMC Jam #21 --- January 15th 2016 --- Theme: Day and Night or Sacrifice --- Winner: Venomous

Spoiler

GMC Jam #20 --- October 24th 2015 --- Theme: Prehistoric --- Winner: Blake

Spoiler

GMC Jam #19 --- July 18th 2015 --- Theme: Japanese --- Winner: Zombies Indie House

Spoiler

GMC Jam #18 --- April 25th 2015 --- Theme: Cold War --- Winner: Yal

Spoiler

GMC Jam #17 --- January 24th 2015 --- Theme: Synchronise --- Winner: Snail_Man

Spoiler

GMC Jam #16 --- October 25th 2014 --- Theme: Big and Small --- Winner: NAL

Spoiler

GMC Jam #15 --- July 26th 2014 --- Theme: Build and Use --- Winner: Zombies Indie House

Spoiler

GMC Jam #14 --- April 26th 2014 --- Theme: Memories --- Winner: Blake

Spoiler

GMC Jam #13 --- January 25th 2014 --- Theme: Pirates --- Winner: Greenblizzard

Spoiler

GMC Jam #12 --- October 26th 2013 --- Theme: Evolution --- Winner: Greenblizzard

Spoiler

GMC Jam #11 --- July 27th 2013 --- Theme: Monsters --- Winner: Lolligirl & TheSnidr

Spoiler

GMC Jam #10 --- April 27th 2013 --- Theme: Foreign --- Winner: Lune

Spoiler

GMC Jam #9 --- January 26th 2013 --- Theme: Science Gone Wrong --- Winner: Lolligirl & TheSnidr

Spoiler

GMC Jam #8 --- October 27th 2012 --- Theme: Disasters --- Winner: holgersson1988

Spoiler

GMC Jam #1 to #7 in the post below

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 14 February 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#2 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

GMC Jam #8 to #21 in the post above

GMC Jam #7 --- July 28th 2012 --- Theme: Two Worlds --- Winner: GameDevDan
Spoiler

GMC Jam #6 --- April 28th 2012 --- Theme: Tranquility --- Winner Jools64
Spoiler

GMC Jam #5 --- January 28th 2012 --- Theme: Facade--- Winner: True Valhalla and Ziggler1 (tie)
Spoiler

GMC Jam #4 --- October 29th 2011 --- Theme: Laws --- Winner: Robert3DG+
Spoiler

GMC Jam #3 --- July 30th 2011 --- Theme: Live --- Winner: TheSnidr
Spoiler

GMC Jam #2 --- April 30th 2011 --- Theme: Insanity --- Winner: Spydog
Spoiler

GMC Jam #1 --- January 29th 2011 --- Theme: Pancakes --- Winner: Greenblizzard
Spoiler

Updated Jam Games

Below is a list of games that have been worked on by their creators after their respective Jams have finished. If you have updated one of your Jam games and would like it added to this list, send me a PM with a link to where the game can be found (ideally a discussion topic or something similar) and I'll stick it in :)

Updated Games From...
Spoiler

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 14 February 2016 - 10:05 AM.

#3 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Cool, but why isn't this in the jam subforum? Also, putting the infos inside spoilers might make everything cleaner ;)

just another indie game developer, this time agoraphobic.

Twitter | My Blog | Youtube | Steam | GameJolt | Itch.ioIndieDB | Ask.fm | reddit | MyAnimeList | osu! | WINGverse

GVmG.gif twitch_emoticon___wutface_by_centaurman_

image4.png?uid=6995159&m=0

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

I don't have anything against this topic, in particular.  But can't people get the same information by just browsing the GMC Jam forum

The topic seems a bit repetitive, although I suppose it does offer some convenience.

#5 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I don't have anything against this topic, in particular.  But can't people get the same information by just browsing the GMC Jam forum

The topic seems a bit repetitive, although I suppose it does offer some convenience.

They certainly can (that's where I got all the information from after all), but as you say having all this information in one place is mostly for convenience sake. Trawling through all the posts from past Jams to find a certain game, list or devlog can take a while, so I was hoping this would get people to that information quicker.

A good example I find from Jam to Jam is people asking what makes a good devlog. I would usually go back and find a winning devlog entry and post a link to that, but could now just navigate them to this post where they would be able to find every winning devlog. The same goes for other awards, people will be able to see quickly and easily what makes a good use of theme, or handicap etc.

#6 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Well, I for once wanted to check what were the topics of past Jams at some point, but it turned out to be more complicated than I thought, considering that the first Jam has theme nowhere to be found in the first page, and games/voting thread doesn't have it explicitly mentioned with large letters, either.

Opening massive number of links just to check some basic informations about all Jams is quite bothersome, and I gladly welcome the fact that someone else gathered that information in one place for quick reference. Kudos for Terra for that!

LShy6C6.png

#7 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

A couple suggested revisions:
Under Jam#6, it has no handicap. The handicap for that jam was (something along this lines of) 
Your game must have one or more achievements seperate from the main goal or objective.

The Jam#7 handicap was (along the lines of)
The game must have at least one cutscene.

Also for Jam#8, with the missing category awards, I don't remember any of the others, but my game A Game That Fits The Handicap won best use of handicap.

Thanks for pointing those ommisions out :) I had the best use of handicap winners for #6 and #7 but hadn't spotted the actual handicaps! I found them though, they were:

#6: Include one or more achievements to unlock within your game, separate from the main goal or objective.
#7: The game must have at least one cutscene.

Have also updated #8 to include your game as best use of handicap  :thumbsup:

#8 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

I actually really like this topic and have pinned it in the GMC Jam forum for all to see. Nice work on creating it (must have taken AGES!) and I think it's great to have an overview topic like this for new members to see what's been going on over the last few years. My one suggestion would be to add links to each Jam's game topic into the title for each of them for completeness..

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#9 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

And the first post could have a pompous banner with some greek columns and the letters "GMC JAM HALL OF GAME".

Spoiler

Edited by the ch8t, 06 July 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#10 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Great post, love it! have wanted something like this for aaaaages.

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#11 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

Good to see a bit of history here :)

[off topic]
Every time I see Dan's avatar, I immediately think 007.

Truth be known he is probably a 009 & a half - LOL
[/off topic]

#12 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

My God snail, that avatar!

The topic is great, I have to say. I really like it :D

Twitter | My Blog | Youtube | Steam | GameJolt | Itch.ioIndieDB | Ask.fm | reddit | MyAnimeList | osu! | WINGverse

#13 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I actually really like this topic and have pinned it in the GMC Jam forum for all to see. Nice work on creating it (must have taken AGES!) and I think it's great to have an overview topic like this for new members to see what's been going on over the last few years. My one suggestion would be to add links to each Jam's game topic into the title for each of them for completeness..

Thanks! The games topics are now also linked from the header to each Jam section.

And the first post could have a pompous banner with some greek columns and the letters "GMC JAM HALL OF GAME".

Spoiler

Haha, just as the doctor ordered! Added to the 'Hall of Fame' section!

#14 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Since this topic is about Jam statistics, I thought it'd be interesting to see how Jam participation levels have varied.  Here's a plot of the number of games entered (black bars), and the number of voters (gold bars), for each Jam:

jam_stats_zpse3baa865.png

The numbers may be off by +/- 1 in the early Jams, because some data was removed / overwritten / deleted (or I just couldn't find it).  But overall it should be pretty accurate.

The one (unfortunate) trend it does reveal is the poor voter turnout, compared to the number of Jam entries.

#15 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Jam 9 has the second highest number of contestants and then lowest number of voters D:

#16 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Yes, Jam #9 was a low point, in terms of voter turnout.  But immediately following that Jam, we began discussing ways to encourage better turnout.  And it had a positive effect. 

#17 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Since this topic is about Jam statistics, I thought it'd be interesting to see how Jam participation levels have varied.  Here's a plot of the number of games entered (black bars), and the number of voters (gold bars), for each Jam:

<snip>

The numbers may be off by +/- 1 in the early Jams, because some data was removed / overwritten / deleted (or I just couldn't find it).  But overall it should be pretty accurate.

The one (unfortunate) trend it does reveal is the poor voter turnout, compared to the number of Jam entries.

Very interesting graph, I hadn't realised back in Jams #1 and #3 that there were more voters than entries! I wonder if we'll ever see that happen again...?

I've added a link to your post in the first post.

#18 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Quick thing: I notice you have "Still Searching" under the Jam #4 full rankings. This is because that was the one jam where the full results were never posted. Following a small community outcry, it was returned for Jam #5.

Thanks for that- I hadn't realised that was what had happened, you've saved me many searches there (and I've updated the post to "Never published"   :thanks:

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 06 July 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#19 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

I did a wee bit of analysis on the data chance provided

The mean number of entries is 58.67

The mean number of voters 37.47

33w4g2b.png

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#20 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Why are there only voters-related statistics?

I wanna see a games submitted vs. users that participated graph please.

#21 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I wanna see a games submitted vs. users that participated graph please.

Not sure what you mean.  In order to participate, users submit a game.  So what is there to plot, besides a flat line at 100%?

#22 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I mean the users that signed up to participate compared to the users that actually submitted a game.

#23 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

@chance: With nvrogers submitting two games last Jam, and 5 people or so working on a single Team Washboard game, I can clearly see how that plot wouldn't be such a flat line as you claim it would be.

That said, it seems it would still oscillate somewhere around 100% and I'm not particularly interested in these specific statistics. If someone is really, really interested, they would better measure them themselves; this topic already provides a good starting point to start such search. ^^"

--- EDIT ---

Ah, you mean "game topic posts with participation declared" against "game topic posts about actual game", then? Or in other words, percentage of games sent against games declared?

Edited by Alice, 07 July 2014 - 12:23 PM.

LShy6C6.png

#24 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Exactly :D

But it might be difficult because posts with no games are deleted from the game topic...

#25 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Nice. Good to see this topic finally up. :sorcerer:

As GVmakesGames says - I'd like to to see a graph/stats of participants/submitted also... not sure if it's even possible tho...

(it's something that always annoyed me about the Jam actually, that the non finished entries just got deleted... wish they could be moved to a different  topic of "tried but failed" entries or something lol, could be amusing. There were plenty of Jams where I had lotsa speil & screens & stuff but never submitted my pieces of shh.. shuper stuff in the end). :duck:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#26 Joh

Joh

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Great thread!

I can help completing by Claiming the Best Theme of Jam 8
BestTheme.png

(a 2 best theme streak is no little feat!)

Hope to win someday, or at least get some awards again :D

#27 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Great thread!

I can help completing by Claiming the Best Theme of Jam 8
BestTheme.png

(a 2 best theme streak is no little feat!)

Hope to win someday, or at least get some awards again :D

Awesome, thanks! I haven't been able to find the winners of the awards anywhere for Jam 8 other than those missing image files, hopefully those who won the remaining two will see this thread sooner or later :)

Nice work winning Best use of Theme two Jams running, it seems you're the only one to have ever done so (although Jam 10 and 12 are still missing)!

#28 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

As GVmakesGames says - I'd like to to see a graph/stats of participants/submitted also... not sure if it's even possible tho...

(it's something that always annoyed me about the Jam actually, that the non finished entries just got deleted... wish they could be moved to a different  topic of "tried but failed" entries... (snip)

It would be hard to compile an accurate list, since (as others said) the posts are often removed.

Hey, maybe I could compile a list of Jam prize offers that were never fulfilled.  :whistle:  Speaking of annoying...

#29 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Like I *almost* did? Beware, I gave my prize for jam 14 three days ago ;)

#30 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Tracked down the Jam#6 full rankings

Awesome, thanks :thumbsup: How did I miss that? I even used the post before it for the best of awards!

#31 ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob

theUndiscovered

• GMC Member
  • 1609 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Hey, maybe I could compile a list of Jam prize offers that were never fulfilled.  :whistle:  Speaking of annoying...

That gives me an idea! I suggest TerraFriedSheep add to the main post a section for prizes given! $:^ ] This accomplishes numerous goals and niceties:

Goals:
  • It can inspire people to want to offer prizes (and give ideas of what to offer).
  • It can encourage people to enter (in prospect of winning by rank or restriction or what-have-you).
Niceties:
  • It shows appreciation to the generous folks who offered and gave prizes!
  • It bestows yet more prestige upon the various winners, even if only in a small way.
  • In fact, it grants an opportunity for more games to be listed because some prizes were given simply based upon being "so-and-so's favorite" or some other unique, non-Jam-official condition.
Regards, $:^ ]
theUndiscovered ~ Brandon W. Horton ~ ParodyKnaveBob ~ $:^ J

#32 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

If you're doing this prize list, then you can be sure that I always submitted mine ;)

Last time it took almost 3 months, but I did it :lol:

Edited by GVmakesGames, 22 July 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#33 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

STATISTIC TIME!

Inspired by this post in the discussion topic I went on and found the Pearson correlation coefficient and Spearman correlation coefficient for every single jam so far, excluding of course no. 15 as there is not an entry list just yet. the results show the following:

There is a positive correlation (around 90%) between the number of individual posters that post in the discussion topic and the number of entries that participated in that jam.

Also notable is that there is a 0.78 rank correlation.

Here is a lovely chart showing posters vs entries, because we love charts!
HWtkxju.png

And here is the actual data with the results in the bottom row.

X Here indicates the number of posters for that Jam, ordered from lowest to highest. Y indicates the number of entries and D is the rank calculation required for the Spearman correlation.

Spoiler

SO to sum up, if a large number of posters post in the Jam topic there most likely will also be a large number of participants that Jam. The two variables are closely interlinked albeit not perfectly symmetrical to each other.

EDIT: If the post is messed up, complain to the post editor, he's messing up my mojo

Edited by mr magnus, 23 July 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#34 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Good to know...

#35 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Thank you. Also, I hate the post editor now, as he's messing up my fancy statistics I spent so much time creating.

Edited by mr magnus, 23 July 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#36 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Interesting post mr magnus, thanks for putting it together :) I've linked to it in the first post.

As was mentioned in the discussion topic, as it stood we had ~50 unique posters with about a week to go before the Jam, which according to your research would suggest a relatively low amount of game entries this coming Jam. We are therefore in a position to see what difference the last week before the Jam / the three days of Jamming will do to numbers. It's obviously only this Jam we are aware of it, so won't be able to draw immediate conclusions but we might just see that the interest builds the closer to the Jam we get.

#37 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

I personally think "views to participants" is a more precise rate than "posters to participants", because not everyone would like to post in the middle of five guys randomly rambling if the theme could be CHIPS AND MOE or CHICK AND TIE.

Then there are the newcomers that often avoid the discussion topic because... Well, they're newcomers. I felt very weird posting in the jam topic the first time I joined.

#38 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Seems fast enough, I'll just replace the numbers from the old research with the view numbers.

*calculates

Well..... It's not as strong of a correlation, but there still is a 0.70 P. correlation and 0.69 S. rank correlation.  So when it comes to actually predicting the number of participants it's a much safer bet simply to use the poster count, those two variables give a much stronger representation of each other, albeit the view count can also give somewhat of a prediction, it's just not as likely to be right.

#39 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

You should add the fact that after since this jam (#15) we'll be having a secret word :D

The most particular part is that it was planned from next jam, but we still managed to convince Dan to get it instantly :yes:

Edit: http://gmc.yoyogames...ost&pid=4606170 <<here, after I, dadio, alice and somebody else menaced praised him long enough, he asked the previous third place (diptoman) for a secret word.

I also wasn't sure on how it actually worked, but that's another story... :P

Edited by GVmakesGames, 28 July 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#40 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

You should add the fact that after since this jam (#15) we'll be having a secret word :D

Added- I was waiting to add this as well as the new awards to the misc. stats and facts section of the original post once I was sure all of them were going to be used this (15th) Jam  :thumbsup:

#41 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

TFS, you are fantastic. This is the kind of topic I've been wanting for a while. (didn't make it myself because I wouldn't have time to maintain it...)

Just a suggestion: You may wanna mention "Winner of Jam #" in front of the numbers in the Hall of Fame, maybe I'm just dumb but it took me a moment to realize what it was for.

Also, you should use your second post to link to Jam games that have been continued. I'd love it if this existed. :)

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#42 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

TFS, you are fantastic. This is the kind of topic I've been wanting for a while. (didn't make it myself because I wouldn't have time to maintain it...)

Just a suggestion: You may wanna mention "Winner of Jam #" in front of the numbers in the Hall of Fame, maybe I'm just dumb but it took me a moment to realize what it was for.

Also, you should use your second post to link to Jam games that have been continued. I'd love it if this existed. :)

Thanks Ult! I'll look into adding a little note to the Hall of Fame section just to make that clear, as you probably aren't the only one who doesn't immediately recognise what those numbers mean.

I think that's a great idea of how to use the 2nd post! It will be a tricky list to compile, but I think if I add a note to the first post that a list of updated Jam games is being compiled, then if people PM me their updated games links then I can add them to the list- I'll start it off now :)

#43 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hey hey. I was just trying to show off some of the older Jam games to someone a few days ago & noticed that some of the zip compilation links are dead! :yucky:

Any chance of those links being fixed or there being some kind of repository of all the zip compilations made?

Was also thinking it would be good if we could gather all those zip compilations & get a torrent of 'em going to keep em alive? :pirate:

(Just concerned that the links there will all slowly crumble away & older Jam contents will be lost forever).

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#44 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hey hey. I was just trying to show off some of the older Jam games to someone a few days ago & noticed that some of the zip compilation links are dead! :yucky:
Any chance of those links being fixed or there being some kind of repository of all the zip compilations made?
Was also thinking it would be good if we could gather all those zip compilations & get a torrent of 'em going to keep em alive? :pirate:

(Just concerned that the links there will all slowly crumble away & older Jam contents will be lost forever).

You're right, just tried a few of the zips at random and they were dead. It's something that could be included in the first post of this topic (a link to a working zip download that is) as at the moment there is only a link to the full list of games as they were ranked, and not a download.

I don't actually have the zip files for every Jam, and the ones I do have don't have all the games in. If someone has them / knows of working download links then I can add a link to it in the first post.

#45 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hmmm... I have most of em... I'll see what I can do about getting them all together & sorting something out (torrents etc) weekend after this one. :thumbsup:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#46 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

I think that's a great idea of how to use the 2nd post! It will be a tricky list to compile, but I think if I add a note to the first post that a list of updated Jam games is being compiled, then if people PM me their updated games links then I can add them to the list- I'll start it off now :)

I think the only tricky part would be making people aware this list exists, because it's not obvious you can find such a list at the bottom of a topic called "GMC Jam Stats". Maybe it could be a different topic altogether, but the stickied topic section is already getting crowded so it's hard to say.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#47 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

We haven't had a graph posted here for a while, so I thought as we are approaching our 16th Jam I'd take a look to see how the number of entries has varied between the years for each season.

The two graphs below both show the number of entries plotted against the Jam season (assuming you're in the Northern Hemisphere). The top graph is simply ordered by Jam whereas the bottom has each season grouped together. It looks like the coming Autumn Jam has the most consistent numbers across the years. Perhaps our sample size is still too small but I took a look none-the-less :)

Also, as of the first 15 Jams, there have been 878 games entered into the Jams, with a rounded average of 50 per Spring Jam, 65 per Summer Jam, 60 per Autumn Jam and 60 per Winter Jam.

0tKB1IW.png

#48 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Contributing some info :)

I won the Best Devlog for Jam #8 (with Dynapogo). I have the trophy image for that to hand:

BesDevBlog.png

I also made the trophies for Jam #10, so I have those as well:

Devlog.pngHandicap.pngPresentation.pngTheme.png

Edited by NAL, 19 November 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

#49 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

Contributing some info :)

I won the Best Devlog for Jam #8 (with Dynapogo). I have the trophy image for that to hand:

<snip>

I also made the trophies for Jam #10, so I have those as well:

<snip>

Thanks a lot! Not many missing awards now- I haven't been able to find these (or the remaining) missing images anywhere, so thanks for knocking out the entirety of Jam #10 in one fell swoop!

Also congratulations on claiming your place in the Hall of Fame :)

Edit: May as well post these game ranking vs. post in the games topic images here so they are easy to refer back to in the future:

Ky2lYEp.png

7DbDTmd.png

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 19 November 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#50 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

If you're interested in making more graphs like that, I'd be interested to see this one: A comparison of rank / alphabetical place in the zip (This might take a bit of research, since sometimes nocturne ranked them in the zip by username first, and sometimes by game name). Two separate graphics for before and after the randomizer was instituted.

Finally got around to this one- I went for Jam 16 vs Jam 3. The Jam 3 Zip was made by Davve and luckily in that post he left a screenshot showing that he listed them in the zip in the order that they were posted in the games topic. I thought I would have saved the file I created those previous graphs with, but I couldn't find it so re-did it :pinch:

Here's the graph:

8CivdhW.png