45 replies to this topic

#1 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

The creation of multi-game or online game is confusing. But, this is very simple & useful. It is based on GameMaker: Studio Networking's function. So, it is can be run any OS.
If you want examples file, please see 'More info' page.

Key Features:
  • Player ID
  • Space
  • Easy message transmission
  • Packet protection
  • Optimization
Marketplace:Networking with Space Functions: server/clinet/common
Spoiler

Networking with Space UDP Functions:
Spoiler

Instance Message Functions:
Spoiler

What is the SPACE?:
Spoiler

About the Code Injection/Jump:
Spoiler

Edited by wnsrn3436, 29 April 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#2 huread

huread

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Wow this is what i looked for! nc1!

one of outstanding functions for me was 'send_every' it was quite convenience.

anyway thanks for release it, I'm expecting!

for summarize, It's convenience + recommand to use it

Edited by huread, 30 June 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#3 Neonlare0

Neonlare0

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Hey there, I just purchased this and am wondering where can I grab the manual/instructions with this? I'm pretty sure it's there somewhere!

#4 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

Hey there, I just purchased this and am wondering where can I grab the manual/instructions with this? I'm pretty sure it's there somewhere!

Hi. You can find manual & example files in the https://marketplace....king-with-space ~ 'More info' Page.

Direct Link : http://goo.gl/VeMgZK

^_^

#5 Neonlare0

Neonlare0

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Cheers man! I've been trying to get my head around this stuff for a while, and I'm noticing that the vk_left, vk_right etc commands don't seem to work in these examples. Any reason / is this just me?

I wish there was an example that handled client/server stuff and broke it down step by step, just for new guys like me to this stuff. The Advanced Example looks like it does the server/client stuff in one but I can't seem to move left right up or down (but I can use the space bar to fire though, it's odd).

#6 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Cheers man! I've been trying to get my head around this stuff for a while, and I'm noticing that the vk_left, vk_right etc commands don't seem to work in these examples. Any reason / is this just me?

I wish there was an example that handled client/server stuff and broke it down step by step, just for new guys like me to this stuff. The Advanced Example looks like it does the server/client stuff in one but I can't seem to move left right up or down (but I can use the space bar to fire though, it's odd).

Hmm. It works perfectly in the EA1.99.262. What is your GM:S version?
I need a little more data. Please write this code In the 'Advanced Example -> obj_player -> Step Event -> Moving Code'
///Moving
if(control=ns_get_my_player_id(global.handle))
{
    show_debug_message("No problems [1]") //added
    if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_right))
    {
        show_debug_message("No problems [2]") //added
        x+=CELL_SIZE
        direction = 0
        image_index = direction/90
    }
    else if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_left))
    {
        x-=CELL_SIZE
        direction = 180
        image_index = direction/90
    }
Is the debug messages working well?

Edited by wnsrn3436, 25 October 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#7 Neonlare0

Neonlare0

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

GMS version here is v1.4.1398.33665, I'll copy and paste the results to you when I get it tested up here in a few!

[EDIT] Now I don't know if this is me just running in the client as the server host only (though for what I have in mind, Server host = player 1 and it looks like that in the Advanced Example). I get repeat values of "No problems [1]" but hitting left or right yields no results still. 

Edited by Neonlare0, 25 October 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#8 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

GMS version here is v1.4.1398.33665, I'll copy and paste the results to you when I get it tested up here in a few!

[EDIT] Now I don't know if this is me just running in the client as the server host only (though for what I have in mind, Server host = player 1 and it looks like that in the Advanced Example). I get repeat values of "No problems [1]" but hitting left or right yields no results still.

Looks like your computer does not recognize the keyboard_check_pressed(vk_). I think this problem is an issue with the GameMaker. So, In your other projects do keyboard_check_pressed(vk_) work well? Please try adding a new project.
if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_right)){show_message("work")}

Edited by wnsrn3436, 26 October 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#9 Neonlare0

Neonlare0

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

It totally works for other projects, it's just in the instance of this project right now. I'm using it in another game perfectly fine. I'll see if changing it to ord("A") etc will do the deed.

EDIT: Okay, so using ord("A") and ord("D") works fine but vk_left and right seems to just not work. It's super odd, but I'll be testing this out further when I get around to this stuff.

Edited by Neonlare0, 26 October 2014 - 01:50 AM.

#10 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

It totally works for other projects, it's just in the instance of this project right now. I'm using it in another game perfectly fine. I'll see if changing it to ord("A") etc will do the deed.

EDIT: Okay, so using ord("A") and ord("D") works fine but vk_left and right seems to just not work. It's super odd, but I'll be testing this out further when I get around to this stuff.

It is somewhat strange... haha. But, once is enough. You can ask questions at any time about this product. Thanks.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 26 October 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#11 Neonlare0

Neonlare0

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

Mind me asking if we can get an additional example of this system working good and nice for per pixel/real time stuff ala the platform video shown off in the video? The Advanced Example is pretty good for showing that but It'd be awesome to see it with a basic top down non-grid based movement to test collisions, etc out.

The thing I'm thinking of at the moment is a 4 man style mini game thing, but it needs that whole non-grid style of motion to it to really work. I'll try cooking some stuff up with this when I get back from other things but I'm super curious to see how this whole shindig operates for more action orientated systems. Cheers for all the help so far with this! I'll be posting back soon ;)

#12 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Networking with Space is free for a few days. I really hope that this product is helping developers who want to create a networking games. But, nobody does not write review, and does not write question. I don't know who is using my product. I want to develop this product through feedback. Please leave a feedback comment.

Planning the next version of the Networking with Space (v1.2.5)
  • + ns_message_send_other_buffer(...)
  • + Add the many engine access functions. ex) ns_get_handle_list(), ns_get_client_list(), ns_get_max_clients() ... I will add those functions as much as possible.
  • + System buffer access macro
  • * Argument hashlen : less than zero is mean do not use hash.

Planning the next version of the Networking with Space UDP (v0.9.2)
  • + ns_udp_message_send_other_buffer(...)
  • + Add the many engine access functions.
  • * ns_udp_get_handle_ip() -> ns_udp_get_ip()
  • * ns_udp_get_handle_port() -> ns_udp_get_port()

Edited by wnsrn3436, 10 December 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#13 Awesomen3ss

Awesomen3ss

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 63 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Aw damn! I must have missed it being free as I'm just discovering this extension today haha.

Also, I have a question: Does this come with automatic object synchronization so I don't have to do it manually? I saw another extension on the marketplace for networking had it.

FREE INTERNET POINTS!!!

Handing out free internet points to the first person who can convince me that 39dll is actually bad.

#14 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

Aw damn! I must have missed it being free as I'm just discovering this extension today haha.
Also, I have a question: Does this come with automatic object synchronization so I don't have to do it manually? I saw another extension on the marketplace for networking had it.

Hello. This is not yet the automatic synchronization function. I am making the next version(v1.3.0) of this product, so I am considering its making.
However, this is not a good idea to blindly automatic synchronization. This will greatly reduce the game speed, and I am concerned about it.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 16 December 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#15 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

7s99QnC.png

Now i am making the next version of this product. The new version was reconstructed grammar, and enhanced support for accessibility. And soon considering the support of automatic sync.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 17 December 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#16 firepip

firepip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

I actually bought this extension but I can't find somewhere that specifies what you actually mean by space. What does the whole space thing? I got most of it working though.

#17 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

I actually bought this extension but I can't find somewhere that specifies what you actually mean by space. What does the whole space thing? I got most of it working though.

tXG9aYq.png

Thank you for purchasing my product. The players are separated by 'space', so you are able to distinguish between the players who send to message. The two codes is a example for transmitting a message to the player.

1. send_message(send_to_all, ...)
2. send_message_2(send_to_all, send_to_my_space, ...)

Can you see the difference between codes? The first code send a message to only 'all' player. However, the another code send a message to all players in the space to which it belongs. So, you can save the traffic of packets by separating the players.

ns_message_send() provides the following options.
Spoiler

So, you can use the space as follows:
ns_message_send(handle, ToMySpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, ToEverySpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, ToOtherSpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, 1, SendToAllServerMe, 0) //space id access

The player id is a unique id of a player, and it is valid until the he is sent off. The space is one that binds the various player ids. This is can be seen as one of the rooms.
The servers is also one of the player. So it need to belong to space.

eg.
ns_handle_listen(port, maxclients, spacesize, joinspace, checkstr, hashlen, key)
ns_handle_connect_async(host, port, joinspace, checkstr, hashlen, key)

Edited by wnsrn3436, 18 December 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#18 firepip

firepip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

tXG9aYq.png

Thank you for purchasing my product. The players are separated by 'space', so you are able to distinguish between the players who send to message. The two codes is a example for transmitting a message to the player.

1. send_message(send_to_all, ...)
2. send_message_2(send_to_all, send_to_my_space, ...)

Can you see the difference between codes? The first code send a message to only 'all' player. However, the another code send a message to all players in the space to which it belongs. So, you can save the traffic of packets by separating the players.

ns_message_send() provides the following options.
Spoiler

So, you can use the space as follows:
ns_message_send(handle, ToMySpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, ToEverySpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, ToOtherSpace, SendToAllServerMe, 0)
ns_message_send(handle, 1, SendToAllServerMe, 0) //space id access

The player id is a unique id of a player, and it is valid until the he is sent off. The space is one that binds the various player ids. This is can be seen as one of the rooms.
The servers is also one of the player. So it need to belong to space.

eg.
ns_handle_listen(port, maxclients, spacesize, joinspace, checkstr, hashlen, key)
ns_handle_connect_async(host, port, joinspace, checkstr, hashlen, key)

Thank you, this is brilliant

#19 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

I have completed v1.3.0 beta for this product, and updated it. But not yet ready examples and documentation files. Gradually i will upload them. Please wait a little while.
The new version have been completely cleaned up grammatically.

#20 firepip

firepip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

So now, what is the recvinstance.

I can't create a server after 1.2.9, ns_create_server always seem to return false and with no documentation this is just great

#21 firepip

firepip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well figured out how to revert to version 1.2.5, so I think I will just stick to it. 

#22 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

Well figured out how to revert to version 1.2.5, so I think I will just stick to it.

Oh I'm so sorry. recvinstance is an instance that you want to receive a handle messages.
ex) ns_create_server(12567, 1000, 256, 0, id, "v1.0", 0, "")

And hashlen -1 is not used anymore. It have been replaced by zero.
No big difference with previous versions. Sorry again. Thank you.

PS. Previous versions(v1.2.5) have a bug, if you create two servers handle(one project two servers handle). If you are such a situation, I'll give you the version what this bug is fixed. There are no other bugs.

PS2. Player Id zero is not a server anymore. It has been replaced by ns_get_is_server() function.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 26 December 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#23 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

I found a bug about ds_list id. If you create a server after delete the any ds_list, there will be a serious error. and this bug affects all versions.
I know how to fix it. I will start work as soon as possible.

Ps. However, if your server were created before deleting the any ds_list, this bug does not matter.

Fixed in 1.3.3

Edited by wnsrn3436, 07 January 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#24 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

Can someone make a mirror please? i cant download it from the marketplace, thanks

Edited by Hirasu, 26 February 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#25 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

Can someone make a mirror please? i cant download it from the marketplace, thanks

Yep. I has created a link for you in the Google Drive : Networking with Space v1.3.71

To apply you gmez, Click Import Extension in the Extensions of the GM:S and apply Networking with Space v1.3.71.gmez.

Then double-click the Networking with Space extension, and you can extract the resource in the Import Resources.

Thanks.  ^_^

Edited by wnsrn3436, 27 February 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#26 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

Yep. I has created a link for you in the Google Drive : Networking with Space v1.3.71

To apply you gmez, Click Import Extension in the Extensions of the GM:S and apply Networking with Space v1.3.71.gmez.

Then double-click the Networking with Space extension, and you can extract the resource in the Import Resources.

Thanks.  ^_^

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

Maxclient are set on 6 but only 2 players can join, the 3nd get a DC/cant connect.... can you fix this please in your example? would be great becausei cant find the bug...

Edited by Hirasu, 27 February 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#27 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

Thanks.  ^_^

Thanks!!!

EDIT:
Maxclient are set on 6 but only 2 players can join, the 3nd get a DC/cant connect.... can you fix this please in your example? would be great becausei cant find the bug...

What is your GM:S version? It is work properly in my GM:S.

#28 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

Thanks.  ^_^

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

GM:S 1.4.1

Btw where can i find the Instance Message example?

Edited by Hirasu, 27 February 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#29 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

Thanks.  ^_^

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

GM:S 1.4.1
Btw where can i find the Instance Message example?

Please update to the latest version of your GameMaker: Studio. It works perfectly in the GM:S Beta 1.4.1522.
Examples of Instance Message does not exist yet. But it is just an extension script. So it's not an essential part. However If you want to use it, I'll making an example for you.
Now I am making the Instance Message example. This will probably be completed by tomorrow.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 27 February 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#30 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for the infos ! i'll try it with 1.4.1522 today

EDIT: It works!! Thanks

EDIT2: can you make the instance message example with obj_server / obj_localplayer / obj_remoteplayer? 

(it's not so important but that would help me alot)

Edited by Hirasu, 27 February 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#31 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:38 AM

EDIT2: can you make the instance message example with obj_server / obj_localplayer / obj_remoteplayer? 

Now, Instance Message example has been uploaded. This is just an example on how to use this script. You can use this script smarter in more ways than the example.

And, Networking with Space has been updated to 1.3.74 : Networking with Space v1.3.74

I am sorry for the over-numbering(jump to 1.3.74 in v1.3.71). The IME has been optimized in this version.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 28 February 2015 - 04:40 AM.

#32 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Now, Instance Message example has been uploaded. This is just an example on how to use this script. You can use this script smarter in more ways than the example.

And, Networking with Space has been updated to 1.3.74 : Networking with Space v1.3.74

I am sorry for the over-numbering(jump to 1.3.74 in v1.3.71). The IME has been optimized in this version.

aww *-* obj_local_player and obj_remote_player. Thank you so much!

EDIT When the server is full and a another player try to connect he get the "server connection failed " message and not "The personnel of the server is full(or version error)." how can i fix this?

Edited by Hirasu, 28 February 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#33 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

EDIT When the server is full and a another player try to connect he get the "server connection failed " message and not "The personnel of the server is full(or version error)." how can i fix this?

The first setting(through the ns_create_server) about the maxClients is managed from GM:S. So before control in NS system, pre-blocked from GM.
You can solve this problem using the following code:

maxclients = 6
tcp_handle = ns_create_server(port, maxclients+1, spacenumber, joinspace, recvinstance, version, hashlen, key)
ns_set_max_clients(tcp_handle, maxclients) //It can't be more than the first setting(through the ns_create_server). So the current maximum is 7.

:lol:

Edited by wnsrn3436, 28 February 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#34 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

The first setting(through the ns_create_server) about the maxClients is managed from GM:S. So before control in NS system, pre-blocked from GM.
You can solve this problem using the following code:

maxclients = 6
tcp_handle = ns_create_server(port, maxclients+1, spacenumber, joinspace, recvinstance, version, hashlen, key)
ns_set_max_clients(tcp_handle, maxclients) //It can't be more than the first setting(through the ns_create_server). So the current maximum is 7.

:lol:

Thank you again!

Best Support.

#35 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

wnsrn3436

Sorry for the double post but i have a big problem.

I cant draw_self the remote player;

Pic: DELETED

"spriteNumber" is sending correctly and in my another projekt run this code fine

What is wrong? could you help me again please  :unsure: ? 

EDIT: I found my problem, the buffer type for some variables was wrong (buffer_u16,buffer_u32....)

Edited by Hirasu, 28 February 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#36 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

wnsrn3436

"spriteNumber" is sending correctly and in my another projekt run this code fine

EDIT: I found my problem, the buffer type for some variables was wrong (buffer_u16,buffer_u32....)

For optimization, I have a few settings in the example.

• application_surface_enable(false)
  • room_choose : is unchecked the Draw background color, Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.
  • room_server : is unchecked the Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.
  • room_client : is unchecked the Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.

No other differences between it and the basic project.

And, Networking with Space has been updated to 1.3.75 : Networking with Space v1.3.75
Only ime_net_id_delete() function has been changed.

#37 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

wnsrn3436

• room_choose : is unchecked the Draw background color, Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.
  • room_server : is unchecked the Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.
  • room_client : is unchecked the Clear Background with Window colour and Clear Display Buffer With Window Colour.

And, Networking with Space has been updated to 1.3.75 : Networking with Space v1.3.75

Thanks for the infos :)

Btw:

I try to create a server side enemy since 3 hours but i cant figured out...

can you make a example please? AI is not important only create/old_create/update/delete

Would be nice  ^_^  

PS: sorry, if i ask too much  :wacko:   i changed from HTTP DLL to your method and it is a bit different :whistle:  

Edited by Hirasu, 01 March 2015 - 03:17 AM.

#38 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

wnsrn3436

Btw:

can you make a example please? AI is not important only create/old_create/update/delete

Would be nice  ^_^  

PS: sorry, if i ask too much  :wacko:   i changed from HTTP DLL to your method and it is a bit different :whistle:  

So I've added enemy to the example list. But do not believe in it too. It only tells you how to do create enemy.

I had create really ROUGHLY this example.

Link

#39 Hirasu

Hirasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

wnsrn3436

Btw:

Would be nice  ^_^  

So I've added enemy to the example list. But do not believe in it too. It only tells you how to do create enemy.

I had create really ROUGHLY this example.

Link

You are awesome! Thank you  :lol:

#40 Reneoc

Reneoc

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

Why doesnt the initial example work at all? Gives a buffer typer error if tested win/win and connection failed if you try android/win.

#41 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Why doesnt the initial example work at all? Gives a buffer typer error if tested win/win and connection failed if you try android/win.

'buffer type error' is a bug of the GM:S(EA 1.99.402). This seems to be fixed soon. So, for the time being seems to be better to use the previous version of GM:S.
EA Version 1.99.355 (Release Notes)

So, What is the problem?
The increment operator does not return a value.
list = ds_list_create()
ds_list_add(list, 0)

show_debug_message(list[| 0])
show_debug_message(list[| 0]++)
show_debug_message(list[| 0])
Debug Console :
undefined
The problem is that 'undefined' is returned in situation to meet an 'increment/decrement operator' and 'DS Accessors'.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I submitted this bug in the help.yoyogames.com. So this GM:S bug will be fixed soon.

Until this bug is fixed, you should use a different previous version of GM:S. Probably it will be run well in the EA Version 1.99.355. If you don't want early access version, you can download a different version. You just simply click on the appropriate version of the release notes.

Stable and Bata Release Notes
EA Release Notes

Thanks.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 31 May 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#42 Norrox

Norrox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

7s99QnC.png

Now i am making the next version of this product. The new version was reconstructed grammar, and enhanced support for accessibility. And soon considering the support of automatic sync.

my list does not look as clean as this one... i dont even have "ns_create_server" missing alot of things, i have gms 1.99.420 and using ns 1.3.76

im confused :S

EDIT: just ignore this, i got it working when i installed in in the stable version of gamemaker

Edited by Norrox, 12 July 2015 - 12:21 AM.

#43 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:09 AM

I uploaded a temporary version, because 'buffer type error' bug of the GM:S.
Networking with Space v1.3.76 Temporary Version : https://goo.gl/EF1h0P

Also I knows that this bug be fixed soon(http://bugs.yoyogame...ew.php?id=18902).
So, temporary version will soon disappear.

PS. Now, I know that GM:S has added Reliable UDP(http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=662363).

This means that the NS is now able to support a complete UDP. I know that the current UDP support of NS is very uncomfortable(It requires a TCP server, but next version of NS will not have to do that). The NS's new version(v1.4) will come out in November. It will support the complete UDP through the Reliable UDP.

Edited by wnsrn3436, 11 October 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#44 sparwen

sparwen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

I still get the same error even if im using the "Temporary version"? =(

WORDGOSMALL.jpg  SPACEASSAULTSMALL.jpg  BALANCESMALL.jpg  CARNIVALSHOOTERSMALL.jpg

#45 wnsrn3436

wnsrn3436

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

I still get the same error even if im using the "Temporary version"? =(

I'm sorry for the late reply. I think that you need to import the scripts in temporary version.

How can i apply gmez?

• in IDE of the GM:S, 'Extensions -> Import Extension -> Networking with Space v1.3.76 Temporary Version.gmez'
  • double click the 'Extensions\Networking with Space'
  • Import Resources -> Import All(or after selecting a script, click the '<---' button)

Related Youtube Link (40~55 second) : https://www.youtube....h?v=iEY4RHJA1Wk

Edited by wnsrn3436, 25 October 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#46 sparwen

sparwen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Sweet! Thanks it worked!

WORDGOSMALL.jpg  SPACEASSAULTSMALL.jpg  BALANCESMALL.jpg  CARNIVALSHOOTERSMALL.jpg