Join the rEvolution... or some catchy tag-line like that.
- Category: Arcade
- File Size: 5.5 MB
- GM Version: Studio
- Vista Compatible: Yes
- Changes Screen Resolution: No
- Download Link: Direct Link to Gamejolt Download Page (DL starts automatically) | Link to Gamejolt Page
- Screenshots: Just Getting Started | Kaboom! | Getting an Upgrade | The Grid is Always Greener... | Snowflake... Flakes
KAOS rEvolution is a sequel to my most popular game ever, KAOS. Meant to be an improvement in every way, I think it's off to a great start. rEvolution's premise is similar to that of the original KAOS: You control a yellow ship, and your objective is to kill everything in your way while getting upgrades and advancing up the ladder of enemy difficulty. The original KAOS has over 200 plays on Gamejolt and over 400 on YoYoGames.
KAOS rEvolution is a fast-paced, hectic Arcade shooter, with an abstract graphical style. You play the yellow triangle ship from a top-down perspective, at first only equipped with your gun and a few bombs. Your only objective (as of now) is to survive for as long as you possibly can against the endless waves of unique foes. Powerups, KWaves and Upgrades ramp up the action. Intense and original music composed by Duncan McPherson (gamereality) helps to inspire the action.
KAOS rEvolution Alpha v0.1 contains the following notable features:
- 7 different types of enemies, each unique in appearance, behavior, and attacks. Many more are planned!
- 6 different upgrades which allow you to progress at a rate similar to that of your enemies. More are planned, too!
- An options screen that allows you to adjust the volume of music and sounds. Note: Does not save settings, so you must re-adjust them every time you run the game. I'm working on this, please be patient.
- An Encylopedia, which gives you information about the behavior of your various foes. Will be expanded to show their stats as well as give information on powerups in the future.
- KWaves (Kaos Waves), in which several enemies of a single type spawn together.
- Powerups. Currently only one true powerup, the Amp, which boosts your ship in speed, fire rate, etc. There are, however, health pickups (the red shapes. The hexagons restore you to max health).
- Probably a lot of bugs, but that's what Alpha is for.
Please excuse the bugs, I'll do my best to fix them. I'm not a wizard though, and there may be some I can't fix with my current know-how (with some, I don't even know WHY they're happening). Don't fret though, I'm not that terrible.
Thank you, GMC, for making the original game popular-ish and for all of the help you've given me over the years!