74 replies to this topic

#51 Teafour

Teafour

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 76 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've tried a few times now to get the Andriod export through and everytime I get to the check out, I get an error page in spanish about the page not loading and if I try the pay pal, I get a yoyogame error page failure to load. Is this happening for anyone else? :/

#52 cstooch

cstooch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:03 AM

I was able to buy it on Saturday.

Maybe try a different browser or something. 

#53 freejsf

freejsf

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

okay that kinda, sorta makes sense. As you can see I am new here and didn't know that this was a re-occuring discussion. May be I follow your advice and throw away the 50 euros I just paid for Studio to take advantage of these sales. Hurts though :(

Im just wondering...Yoyogames gave Standard away for a couple of times.

How have you missed that?

really they gave standard away? There is a free version, but Standard is 50 bucks.

#54 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

really they gave standard away? There is a free version, but Standard is 50 bucks.

Yeah they did, like a couple of times in the last 6 months.

#55 greyzebra

greyzebra

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Can I buy the upgrade as a gift to someone?

#56 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Can I buy the upgrade as a gift to someone?

You can just give the license key to someone ;)

#57 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Still trying to decide about the Android module.  Even half price it's still a lot of money and this sale is badly timed for me after having just spent a lot of money on a driving course of which the test has been delayed by 2 and a half months due to examiner being ill (and no replacement apparently).  However if the Android game idea I have does well and makes me back the money and then some perhaps it would help me afford a car.   But there's no guarantee there.   It's a gamble.  I need to spend the next couple days working on this game project I started last week when I got the Android testing working on my phone and see if it's shaping up well by the day before the sale ends.  Hm...

#58 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Still trying to decide about the Android module.  Even half price it's still a lot of money and this sale is badly timed for me after having just spent a lot of money on a driving course of which the test has been delayed by 2 and a half months due to examiner being ill (and no replacement apparently).  However if the Android game idea I have does well and makes me back the money and then some perhaps it would help me afford a car.   But there's no guarantee there.   It's a gamble.  I need to spend the next couple days working on this game project I started last week when I got the Android testing working on my phone and see if it's shaping up well by the day before the sale ends.  Hm...

Its still a lot of money yeah.

Id say if you need the money then dont buy it.

If you can miss the money then take the chance.

#59 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yeah but the way things are for me currently stuck in this town I may need to spend money to make money.  I think the game could do well and if it does even enough to buy me a cheap car and get out of this crappy confining lousy excuse of a town and pursue the career I actually want then the £70+ would be worth it.   The £70 or so isn't going to change my life as it is, but if the Android module works out to be some kind of investment then I should probably take the chance.   Anyways like I said I got a few more days of development time before the sale ends.  I'll think it over.

#60 cstooch

cstooch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

Really, I will say that at $100 for the export module, it's a hell of a steal. Sorry you don't have much money for it (I've been there), but this is a heck of a value. I scooped mine up on Friday, along with the iOS addon. 

Make some games that will make you mega bucks! :P

#61 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

I could never afford the fancier modules, but I think that HTML5 is the best option right now, hence me buying it!

I mean, anything that can support a GM game has a web browser anyway, with the proper coding these games can run on just about anything that's from 2010 or newer.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#62 oldschool_wolf

oldschool_wolf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

I've been waiting for this! Now to try and convince the wife...

6756160_orig.png

#63 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Too bad I dont have any money...else I would have bought the Android & HTML module...

#64 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

I just have to say, I've had my new HTML5 module for a few days now, and I have already published my game to the platform!

It runs just as fast as the Windows version, and it runs on mobile because WebGL is disabled!

I can understand why these are so pricey now, they are well worth it! The fact that YoYo has sales (practically) every three months is astounding!

Thanks again guys/gals at YoYo, you made my birthday an awesome one! :D

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 24 May 2014 - 02:49 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#65 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

Happy Birthday LukanSpellweaver :)

#66 cstooch

cstooch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

I just have to say, I've had my new HTML5 module for a few days now, and I have already published my game to the platform!

It runs just as fast as the Windows version, and it runs on mobile because WebGL is disabled!

I can understand why these are so pricey now, they are well worth it! The fact that YoYo has sales (practically) every three months is astounding!

Thanks again guys/gals at YoYo, you made my birthday an awesome one! :D

Commission earned! :P

Decided to buy the HTML5 module now too.

#67 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

What is YoYo Compiler ? 299e

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#68 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

The YoYoCompiler compiles the game to native code for each export(assuming you own said export), making it potentially gain 100% performance on CPU heavy functions.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#69 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Wait, what !? So I buy Pro, I buy Android , and to make native I still have to Buy YOYO compiler. That's bull****. I never going to buy anything else from this ****** company.

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#70 iiRomano

iiRomano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Wait, what !? So I buy Pro, I buy Android , and to make native I still have to Buy YOYO compiler. That's bull****. I never going to buy anything else from this ****** company.

With insulting you arent going to get anywhere in your life.

You can export to any platform as long as you have the correct modules.

The compiler only makes it run faster and better.

Yoyogames is a great company and they arent an AAA company so they need money too.

Stop acting like a kid and grow some...

#71 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

I don't see this product as a professional product, I see it as a learning tool, and is a very good one. I use it only as as my hobby and passion on creating and programming stuff. So is not worth investing ~1000$ (100$ pro, 200$ android, 600$ compiler, or 800$ master version) on a product that can easily be replaced by a free framework in the native code. It is way too much, that is why I will learn the native code for this 'modules' ( + compile) if I want to use them rather then YYG tool that is overpriced.

I'm just pissed because I didn't have this information at the beginning.

#72 Tashawn

Tashawn

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

I have gamemaker for steam now, but in the future I plan on buying it standalone.

If I buy a module now and for the steam key will I be able to add the module to the standalone when I buy it in the future?

#73 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

@ iceshield

The Compiler just boosts performance by compiling to the native code, the android module will make games that run perfectly fine for most people, but if you have optimised and you game still runs slow, you may be using CPU intensive code, that the compiler will optimise further, thus performance increase.

This tool is amazing, and perfectly capable of AAA development. I don't think SONY would have partnered with YoYo Games for a "learning tool". If you want to go through the hassle of using a Java Framework and building a game in an alternate IDE, that's your problem. In GM you could make the same game, with half the effort, half the time, and the same quality. You may not see the value in this sale, or the full price, but don't post on the sale topic to insult their company. They work hard to provide the easiest way to make cross-platform games, that almost anyone can use, what have you done for the general public?

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#74 cstooch

cstooch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

These are what you could call "options". I like that they have lesser versions of the program for people to get their feet wet before deciding whether this is it for them. I love that it cost me only $50 to get a fully featured program, in the beginning, minus the ability to export to Android, iOS, etc, but still allowing me to test on Android. 

You probably whine about everything and aren't really worth wasting my words on, but I will say that my experience has been that GM has been a very good value for me. 

#75 Hawksoftstudio

Hawksoftstudio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

I got Android export in this promotion :D Feeling excited .

4ik6.png

GameJolt : .http://gamejolt.com/...on-space/27652/  Topic : http://goo.gl/YkArDC

1 : Online High score And Online Achievements

2 : Intense Gameplay

3 : Use of extensive particles and shaders