GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

GMCJam14_zpsc4c06076.png

Theme: M E M O R I E S

Handicap: There must be no less than five different sound effects unique from each other in the length of your game

Game Zip (300MB)

Dropbox :: MEGA :: MediaFire

Welcome to the official GMC Jam #14 Games Topic!

Here you MUST POST YOUR GAMES to be considered for the final voting and to receive any prizes. There are some strict rules for posting in this topic and anyone who does not follow them will have their posts removed, so I strongly advise you read (and re-read!) the following before doing something you may regret later :
  • Each entry has ONE post only. It must be used to show development of your game (while the Jam is on, you may are encouraged to <EDIT> your post to update people on your progress), or the actual finished game itself. Posts that only "reserve" a spot or offer no content will be deleted.
  • A link to your game MUST be posted here before the end of the Jam to qualify for votes in the final stage. An actual topic in the Games Forum is not necessary, but bare in mind that this topic is only for games - so if you want feedback, criticism or comments on your game it is recommended that you create a WIP topic and link to that too.
  • This topic is ONLY for showcasing the games and their progress, not for discussion or any other type of post. If you wish to comment on a game, do it in the actual games topic (or in the GMC Jam discussion topic), but not here! All posts that break this rule will be deleted during the Jam. When voting begins, comments can then be made within the context of the vote in the voting topic.
  • When adding new progress blogs/screenshots to your post (via the <EDIT> button) please use the SPOILER tags to hide previous content. In this way we can keep the topic tidy and organised and people can see the progression of your game from start to finish.
  • If you drop out of the Jam, PLEASE delete everything from your post so that your game is not included in the final voting and then <Report> the post so it can be removed.
A zip file will be created within a day or two of the Jam finishing to facilitate the playing of all entries.
This zip will have a randomiser in it so that people play the games in a random order, so don't think that calling your game A.A.A. Aardvarks Ardent Adventures (for example) is going to get you more plays!

It is STRONGLY recommended that you create some form of "help" page in your game as some (most?) people will NOT have read your posted topic and so have no idea what controls your game has, nor how it is to be played etc etc etc... Not including this information will have a negative impact on your game so I recommend enough that you take a few extra minutes to do it.

And that's about it. I encourage each of you that is working on a game to create videos, take screenshots and generally create a developers blog in your post. Each new entry can be edited into the post while old entries can be hidden using SPOILER tags and if you wish to discuss anything Jam related, remember that we still have the Official Jam Topic, which the moderators check regularly and there you can ask questions, make suggestions or discuss entries.

Good luck to all who participate and as always I trust this will be another fantastic community jam and that everyone will have fun!

Dan (lifted from Nocturne's post)

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

GMC Memories

Ghosts of GMC Past

Download Link

2.8 MB zip file (on MediaFire)

GM Studio

GMC Topic (in Creations Forum)

Day  0

Spoiler

Day 1

Spoiler

Last Day

OK, I made a traditional memory game where players have to match things... the usual kind.   But I tried to introduce some twists, by making a few levels "dynamic" -- so the positions move somewhat.

And I used the avatars of some well-known GMC members as the cards to match (with their permission, of course).  It's very easy, and there's only 4 levels (plus a mini-game at the end... because physics).

I had some fun making this, even though it's not the most original game.  OK, it's downright un-original. :P  But the dynamic motion is somewhat different.  So I hope it's good for some casual fun.

And of course, there's a mini-game.  Because I needed to play with box2D, and because the main game sucks.  The mini-game is rather pointless, but I hope you like the conveyor belt and the spring thing.  They were fun to make.

loop_zps0fe289f5.png

grid_zpsbf85925b.png

And of course, there's a mini-game.  Because physics.  And also because the main game sucks.

mini_game_zps984e5a60.png

#3 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Can I type in there yet?

Hmm, I'd swear there was mine and chance's post at the beginning, even before the nominal opening hour, oh well. O.o"

Define
~ By Alice ~
Now with game topic! Yaay!
Not only that, but with ALICE MODE SUPPORT as well!

GwGykTt.png
The awakening. It seems the protagonist lost some memories, isn't it, like, the most original and breathtaking plot ever?

There be devlog. MIGHT CONTAIN ROY! Last update: 14m till end
Spoiler

Edited by Alice, 29 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.
My bad, merged your posts

LShy6C6.png

#4 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

K223VeH.png

DOWNLOAD

Sooo.... Some family stuff came up and I wasn't able to work on my game... So I came up with JENNY in an hour and a half... I hope you like it :P

Edited by Sirham, 29 April 2014 - 12:56 AM.

AczgxAZ.png

#5 programmmer5

programmmer5

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

aagghh, i wont be able to finish, its just too big of an idea and way too much work for 72 hours.

i will try something else :(

Alright alright alright i got it, Everything in the room moves(including the player) to music :)

i couldn't finish, but here is the download link anyway: 

Update: i have added some notes and fixed a few bugs, new download link below \/

Title: Beat

https://app.box.com/...wy0vworjl8zs3h7

Spoiler

Spoiler

whoop ready

Title: . . .

Day_1:

Spoiler

Edited by programmmer5, 29 April 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Kidnapped Treasure [Jam 13]

xulg.png

WIP: Space Chase (3D)GMC jam 9 

Space Chase 3D for Android < Click it!

#6 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

LogoThread.png

Do you ever get nostalgiac back for the good old times? Back for when people recognized you as the party animal you were? Back before they stopped inviting you to parties because you (somehow) graduated already? Back before you decided to kill them for not inviting you to their parties? Back when they were alive to be in awe of you? Man, those were the good ol' times.

download here: http://abebly.com/fi...ne-GMCJam14.zip
video here: http://youtu.be/GoD0XN7Fc34
thread here: http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=620031&hl=

t+68:10
The game is feature complete. I'm going to add more dance moves since there's still time, but nothing else about the game is getting changed between now and submission.

t+66:36
The game's basically done. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing left to add is the intro sequence, but it's already been recorded and the animations are done, so I just need to plug it in. That said, I'll probably spend the remaining available hours adding more dance moves (purely aesthetic). I got a good night's rest last night, which is unusual for me for a jam, so I'm not feeling burned out yet and it's great.

t+56:06
The divas and hipsters are partying hard. The leveling works. The decorations are working. The sniper works. Death is working. Sounds are plugged in. To do: sleep, policeman, score tracking, intro sequence, in that order.
devScreen04.png

Spoiler

Edited by Lune, 29 April 2014 - 12:21 AM.

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#7 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Download: http://www.mediafire...tica_Optima.rar

qvges.png
A game about pseudo-meaningful stuff and blasting things.

(slightly outdated screenshot)

dK0En.png

Genre: Rhythm Bullet Hell
Tools: GM 8.0 and/or Studio, Bullet Pattern Studio, Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, Audacity, and maybe more

Description: Steer Yuuki between deadly bullets and collect shards of her lost memory.
Budget: $2.37
Warning: Epilepsy warning!! This game might as well be one big flashing light!

Features:

- Bullets!

- Kemonomimi!

- Lasers!

- Music!

- Secrets!

- High scores!

- Graphics!

- Pain vocals!

Devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by darkwalker247, 28 April 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#8 Shadow_Lancer

Shadow_Lancer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Title.png
Download!

Devlog
Day One -

Spoiler

Day Two-
Spoiler

Day Three-
Spoiler

Old Screenshots...
Spoiler

Edited by Shadow_Lancer, 28 April 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#9 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

"A place called Nodezche"

9jkYYXx.png

Download!

Ultra Epilepsy Warning - There are parts where the whole game flashes bright colors at 60 times a second, also really crazy flashy backgrounds and stuff.

Stuff
Spoiler
Devlog:
Spoiler

Edited by Exkakx, 28 April 2014 - 10:14 PM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#10 Beaver

Beaver

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

title_low_zps781af368.png
Done!
Download Here

screeny7_zps99d7322c.jpg

Day 3:

Spoiler

Day 2:
Spoiler

Day 1:
Spoiler

Edited by Beaver, 29 April 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#11 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

CallofObligation_zps8849f856.jpg

Enter the world of Call of Duty clones for the tenth time this week...

https://www.dropbox.... GMC Jam 14.zip

^My game which I will probably deem unworthy and re upload^. Your computer may say that it is not commonly downloaded. It is safe. If it hurts your computer, sue me. (But not really.) 

JOIN A TEAM OF GAME DEVS IN THEIR EPIC QUEST TO MAKE A GAME PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER. ALSO WITH LOTS OF SOUND EFFECTS.

This game won't be making me any friends...

Forest_zpsf2236749.jpg

RUSSIAN NAZI ZOMBIES AND COMMUNIST GERMAN ROBOTS

Devlog:

Entry Six

Spoiler

Entry Five
Spoiler

Entry Four
Spoiler

Entry Three
Spoiler

Entry Two:
Spoiler

Entry One:
Spoiler

Edited by nvrogers, 28 April 2014 - 06:56 PM.

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#12 Detective Pixel

Detective Pixel

GMC Dancer

• GMC Member
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

DP_Devblog_heading.png

Heading.png

Name: Mind Therapy

Idea of the game: Use fatness and thinness to solve puzzles in your memories.

Link: http://gamejolt.com/...-therapy/25735/

Recent Screen Shots

8dy4i.gif

gmcjam14screen02.png

Day 3. Got the game done! I am really happy that I finished it in time for Ludum Dare as well. I will post the link soon because GameJolt is acting up.

Day 2.

Spoiler

Day 1. 

Spoiler

Edited by Detective Pixel, 28 April 2014 - 12:54 AM.

PIXEL_Archive.png

#13 mAnIk800

mAnIk800

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 304 posts
  • Version:GM8

We are in!

Title: DreamDoctorPromotional_zpsfe8f7097.png

You are a doctor, that cures peoples memories by entering the memories of the victims of Dr Dreams Labs.

There are various types of Memories including Fast Paced Memories (Timed), Aggressive Memories (Destroy) and Mysterious Memories (Clues). You Must save the 8 Victims in the Labs 

Spoiler

7:16AM WE ARE FINISHED Yaya

Download: https://www.dropbox....ream Doctor.exe

Note:The controls are the Arrows and Space Bar. Arrows Move your Person and in the Level Select, Walk up to the levels bubble person and Press Space, Then Click Cure

BlackScalePromo_zps9af6c5f7.png

Edited by mAnIk800, 27 April 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Logo_Ful_zps204959c5.png

Friendly Rates so Indie Gamers can have great graphics too!

www.themicrominis.com

#14 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 604 posts

280tz53.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

A platformer in which you guide Hayley through various puzzles with the help of her eidetic memory - the ability to store a memory of her past actions and play it back at a later time.

dc4rdi.png

Additional Screenshots:

Spoiler

Edited by Blake, 28 April 2014 - 11:45 PM.

cc_sig.png

#15 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

25638_1.jpg

Tools: GameMaker: Studio 1.3.1307, Paint.NET, and Palette(My own image editor)

Budget: Ha! Right, money...

Team: Me, Myself, and I.

Current Downloadable Version: v16

Download: ZIP | Installer

Alternate Informational Pages: Completed Windows Game Topic | GameJolt | Steam Workshop

Music by Kevin MacLeod

Font Sharp by Andrew McCluskey(NAL)

Please report any bugs to me through a PM, the Games Topic, GameJolt, or Email lukan51894@live.com

e3C8USD.gif

DEV LOG

Spoiler

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 28 April 2014 - 08:48 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#16 hippyman

hippyman

Dirty Stinky Hippy

• GMC Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Click here to go to our the Stadther Software Dev Blog :]

NAME: Yologuins

-Download Link: https://www.mediafir...a1wrwb9xu0fylb3

-Mutliplayer Servers

-Base Jumping

-Penguins

-Group ran project. Group: Stadther Software

-URGENT UPDATE: We are sad to inform you that the multiplayer servers will not be available for the jam. We hope to have a quality single player setup for you to check out and I believe we are going to continue with the server stuff once the jam is over.

Here's a screenshot of one of the tricks you can pull while base jumping.

selfie.png

Day One Update

Spoiler

Day Two Update pt.1
Spoiler

Day Two Update pt.2 (SCREENSHOT INSIDE)

Spoiler

Day Two pt.3

Spoiler

Day Three

UPDATE April 28, 2014 12:41 a.m. <---(well would you look at that...)

As usual I am the last one up. Not a bad thing though. This team has been at it every second that they could possibly be at it! We've gotten a lot of work done and I honestly don't want to type this again so please just go check out our devblog?? I would really appreciate it. My fingers are tired from writing code all day so you can play a fun exciting game so the least you could do is maybe check it out.  :whistling:  Thanks for reading and I hope everybody is having an awesome jam!

-Hippyman

p.s. What kind of man would I be if I didn't leave you with a screen shot?

updatescreenshot_1.png :thumbsup:

Edited by hippyman, 29 April 2014 - 12:10 AM.

badge.png?dl=0

HM Audio Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hm-audio

#17 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Game Title:  RETROSPECT
Genre:  Mixed

Concept:  You begin remembering the old video games you played with your Dad as an eleven-year-old.  Fun times, but you get stuck in your memories as they begin to blur together and the only way out is by winning the games in your mind.

DEVLOG (day-gmt)

Spoiler

Entry 002-19:42

Much spriting accomplished.  I've mistakenly decided to make sprites too detailed and they're taking me forever.  Nallebeorn has finished programming level 3, which we decided will be level 2 now.  He's working on the menu system now.  kearel is putting the finishing touches on level 1.  PK has got some killer sound fx made.  We are almost to the point of having something good to show in a screenshot.  Still much to do, so that's all for now.

Here's a video capture of Nallebeorn's level 3 (in progress).   It has physics based tetris blocks floating on the water and... a dolphin! Oh, the memories...

We are Team Washboard.

team_washboard_001.png

We are:

HayManMarc – Art, Devlog, Team Creator

Nallebeorn – Programming, Art, All-around good guy

kearel – Programming, Typist, Aspiring magnificience

smash ball – Music, Team Curator

PacifisticKiller – Sound FX, Team Crater

About:

Perhaps you're right, this team is rather large for a 72-hour tour, but we're alright with that. Perhaps you're right, this team won't be able to cohesively blend their ideas quick and efficient enough to be a threat, but we're okay with that, too. Perhaps you're right, this team is spending too much time on Team names and logos and devlog entries and won't be able to accomplish the task at hand, but we're fine with that, as well. Why are we alright, okay, and fine with all these things, you ask? Because, perhaps you are wrong! We are... Team Washboard.

Edited by HayManMarc, 29 April 2014 - 12:25 AM.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#18 Xor

Xor

@XorDev

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

DOWNLOAD

This is currently a randomly generated survival game:

JamGame2.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAGrQN-B6EP

There are some substitute sprites, because I don't have a spriter yet.

Older picture:

JamGame.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAHXCiegFNkm

Spoiler

Edited by Xor, 28 April 2014 - 11:33 PM.

I'm on Twitter as of March 2016 (@XorDev).

#19 brainstorm

brainstorm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

25722_1.jpg

Finished!!! Play here!!!!     :) 

Also in Html5!!!!

Story:

intro+screenshot.PNG

Screenshoots:

25722_48621.jpg

25722_48620.jpg

Devlog:

My html5 browser devlog animation. (Those that saws my voting post in the GMCJam 13 may know what I'm saying) :) 

Edited by brainstorm, 28 April 2014 - 06:21 PM.

MTGC2_WINNER_BANNER_brainstorm_100x100.p    5b05b309e42fdd73842f2fda3837eea1.gif

#20 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

John.png

"Memories" and "Beneath the Surface" crammed into one abstract-ish game.

Usual team: Me and Pranjal (NitroX)

Download: http://gamejolt.com/...her/john/25786/

GMC topic: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619970

Trailer: 

Day 3:

Spoiler

Day 2:

Spoiler

Day 1:
Spoiler

Edited by Diptoman, 28 April 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#21 Squarebit

Squarebit

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Memories of Fallen Heroes (link)

Devlog

Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler

Day 3

Spoiler

Edited by Squarebit, 29 April 2014 - 12:27 AM.

OjJP6YH.png

@sqrbt 

#22 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

JUST POP BUBBLES

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#23 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

8spJEC1.png

Yal's Memory Training! Take on screenshots from a bunch of my games, memorize'em up, and see if you can spot the 3 devious changes in each image I just spent all night drawing all over the place! If you can't spot them - which is likely due to your poor memory (challenge accepted?) - you have 3 Hint Magnifying Glasses to activate. Just take care, once gone they're lost forever. Oh, and if you don't use them you get a large point bonus after clearing the stage.

Download Link

More screenshot:

ipGlb8b.png

Didn't have much time to work on this due to the 64Digits April Competition, but on the other hand I tried doing something completely new. I'm quite fond of my system myself, it took like 1 hour to code the engine.

Challenge: Anyone who can score 150,000 points or above before the jam voting period ends and PMs me a screenshot proving it will receive the source file (stripped of the actual screenshots).

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#24 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Final edit: My final edit is after the deadline, I hope I don't get disqualified! I just wanted to add some useful links...

Download link without installer (this is exactly the same as my other upload, tired me mucked things up)

Link to WIP topic (that I just created, gonna keep at this one for a while I think)

Jam Tart

A game by Ryan Loader and Dana Chan.

A young man is trapped within his own mind, trying to straighten out the thoughts that left him stranded there in the first place.

You can download the game here. (The download without installer is exactly the same, except this one was on time)

This dload link is a contingency plan in case I fall asleep in the next six hours, I did fall asleep :/ This has been a fun jam indeed! Really looking forward to having a play of everyone's games.

2cqjgw1.png

More Screenshots

Spoiler

Dev Log

Spoiler

Edited by Rani_sputnik, 29 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

My games - In DecemberBoy Goes to Space

Utilities & Extensions - FloxGM, Destroyable Terrain

Check out my website: ryanloader.me, or follow me: twitter.com/RaniSputnik

#25 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

~LONGSHOTPOT~

(DONE. SO DONE.)

LONGSHOTPOT is a game which will have only a tad bit of the theme in, not sure about the handicap. You will need to shoot pots that stole your precious flower with a pistol that I can't think of a name for. Let's call it Colty. Pistol Colty. Also, I managed to make this only during less than the last 8 hours, yay for me! ^_^

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox....LongShotPot.exe

SCREENSHOT (outdated, I have some GUI now):

LQSBeh1.png

DEVLOG (completely reset, making a different game):

Day 3:

Spoiler

Edited by kepons, 28 April 2014 - 08:10 PM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#26 The M

The M

Friendly Bush Thing

• GMC Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

N8wXXTa.png

The goal of the game is to ride along the lines/lanes and find your way to the goal on each level.

The catch? The lines will split and merge into new lines so you'll have to make quick decisions about which way to take.

You choose a direction by rotating around the line you're currently on. Hopefully it won't make you too nauseous,  :sweat: I'll try to smoother out the turning!

Download (Mediafire): http://www.mediafire...Memory Lane.zip

Download (Sandbox): http://sandbox.yoyog...878-memory-lane

KXp9G8Y.png

Game topic

Latest news:

Spoiler

Old news:

Spoiler

End of day logs:

Friday:

Spoiler

Saturday:

Spoiler

Sunday:

Spoiler

Monday:

Spoiler

Edited by The M, 29 April 2014 - 12:46 AM.

znEVbqJ.png

#27 UKDutyPaid

UKDutyPaid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

gamelogo.png

Game Name: remember, dummy!
Category: platform puzzler?
File Size: 5.6mb
GM Version: GM:S
Screen Resolution: 1280x1024

DOWNLOAD LINK

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Final Dev Diary
Spoiler

Dev Update Day 3.1:  one level to go!
Spoiler

Dev Update Day 3: Almost there!
Spoiler

Dev Update Day 2.1: Finally some screenshots!
Spoiler

Dev Update Day 2:
Spoiler

Dev Update Day1:
Spoiler

Initial Game Concept:
Spoiler

Initial mind gibber:
Spoiler

Edited by UKDutyPaid, 28 April 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#28 Otyugra

Otyugra

Artist & Writer

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Please note my jam game isn't 100% completed due to me over-estimating how 72 hours are.

http://gmshare.com/IJ

Game Name: Everlasting Night

Genre: Point and click, sci-fi, puzzle

Screenshot:

5857774_orig.png

Dev Blog:

Day One: 

Spoiler

Day Two:

Spoiler

Day Three:

Spoiler

Day Four (sorta):
Spoiler

Edited by Nitemare38, 29 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

r7sNbRa.png  (Nitemare38 = Otyugra)

Two and a half years of game development taught me the joy of making something unique and unconventional. It is not good enough to make a game fun when there are way too many other freeware games that make fun their selling point.

#29 Leafen

Leafen

Love storm! <3

• GMC Member
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

I finished :D

BORING GAME

OpoQQ.jpg

Download

#30 ghandpivot

ghandpivot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Alright guys, I am done!
With a grand exam to study for on monday I had to finish my game in two days, so it's been hectic. This is my first real project with game maker in ages, so it took some hours before I got back into the whole drag and drop nature of the program. Nevertheless, here is my submission!

DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE! CLICK ME! (Yoyogames.com)

ALTERNATIVE MIRROR HERE! (Mediafire.com)

uu8RlRm.png

I Do Remember

It's a puzzle-platformer based on the ol' push-blocks-on-buttons-to-reach-the-goal system, yet it has a few twists.

On top of that, the game tells the beautiful story of two lovers, through the eyes of a man with a fabulous fedora.

Click on the spoiler tag to see some more images from the game, and have fun playing it :)

Big thanks to Semaphore over at the newground's audioportal for crafting the main theme for the game, the song can be found and downloaded here!

Spoiler

Devlog

Spoiler

Walkthrough

Spoiler

Edited by ghandpivot, 28 April 2014 - 05:11 PM.

4th place with "I do remember".

4th place with "God's Laboratory"

6th place with "Charlie's Spiritual Adventure"

jnjwP4M.png

#31 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

The Bedroom Door

DOWNLOAD FROM DROPBOX

"Dear love. I never thought I could get so lonely. But ever since you left, I've been so cold. So alone. 

This house is so void, so cold. I feel like all color has left the walls, like I live in a drawn world. And I do not like the artist.

Sometimes I can feel like I you walk the halls, I feel like I see you beside me. It is then I'm not quite as lonely. But it just isn't the same. It never will be."

"Do you remember me? All the things we did together?
If not, let me remind you."

Join in as you walk around the house so void. Discover the tragic memories that haunt the one that is alone. Solve puzzles and discover the past that unlocks the bedroom door. And read.... read a lot.

2014-04-27%2012.35.10.jpg

Instead of a Devblog I'm simply going to grant you access to all the photographs that were taken in the process of making the game. Updated in real time.

There are some spoilers there in a so-marked folder, so view at your own risk

https://www.dropbox....l6do/g90EQF3Obw

Edited by mr magnus, 29 April 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#32 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

Veggie Penguin

by Greenblizzard and his brother.

http://host-a.net/u/...GIE_PENGUIN.exe

pengscreen.png

Spoiler

Edited by Greenblizzard, 29 April 2014 - 12:14 AM.

#33 TeamSteeve

TeamSteeve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1359 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Twisted Memory
A game that challenges more than just your memory.
Download (zip)
Download (exe)
Download (apk)

Download Mirror (zip)
Download Mirror (exe)

WIP Topic

Blog O' the dev:

Spoiler

TitleScreen.pngLevel1.png

Edited by TeamSteeve, 29 April 2014 - 12:10 AM.

TeamSteeveBanner.png

#34 petrus_ward

petrus_ward

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

my entry for the jam

Tank Game

html version

Screenshot%202014-04-28%2022.28.18.png

starbreakerwinbanner65prsent.jpg

#35 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Here is my attempt at this jam. I present you:

memorypianologo.png

Download EXE | Download GMK

v.1.0.0 (28-April-2014)

The goal of Memory Piano is to re-play the notes played by the program.

They are randomly selected, and are quarter notes played in 4/4 at 120 bpm (approx. 2 notes per second).
You have two full octaves at your disposal, but so does the program! The range is C4-C6, without semi-tones, so you can either play songs you know, or doodle around if you don't!
Before you start playing, introduce yourself to the controls, and try to learn the sounds. It helps if you already have musical knowledge, and it's even better when you have absolute hearing, but if you don't this will help you get some of it!

More information in the the game's help file (F1)!

Note: The game is not finished. It isn't what it should be since it has a major bug not playing the notes that the user should play. It is still playable, but not with your ears, as shame, instead—use your eyes.
I rewrote the game a couple of times, searched for the bug for a few hours and tested it until it would test-no-more! Alas, no bug was found.
The program is open-source, so anyone of you daring enough to try and fix it is welcome. You just cannot re-create or use it as your game!!!

The source will be available until the winners of the jam are announced. After that contact me if you want it.

Edited by Shadowrend, 28 April 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#36 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Amitpo Acitamosohcysp

A awsum gam that tuk lots of wok 2 mayk. pls try and giv it gud reeviws!! :thanks:

scrnsot 4obwN.png

Downlode her now http://www.mediafire...tamosohcysp.exe

devlog

Spoiler

#37 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

BLIND MEMORY

You were temporarily blinded by a wood chipper. Some joker moved all of your stuff while you were at the hospital. Use your incredible memory and hearing to win!

Be warned: it is most definitely not a super easy game that a 50 year old woman beat easily first try. Definitely. 

https://www.dropbox....lind Memory.zip

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#38 turgon

turgon

VP Studios

• GMC Member
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

25827_1.jpg

"Once I was the greatest wizard in the land..."

In Wizard Amnesia you play a wizard whose memory has been stolen - including your knowledge of spells!
Innovative gameplay teaches you the language of magic (which is randomly generated with each playthrough!) as you fight to reclaim what is yours!
Featuring over 20 unique spells that all interact with each other!

GMC Topic

GameJolt

Edited by turgon, 28 April 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#39 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

title_sprite_zps35c87883.png

DOWNLOAD

Edited by the ch8t, 28 April 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#40 richardlord

richardlord

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

SpaceFighter

Download:http://sandbox.yoyog...76-spacefighter

Sorry, no devlog and screenshots.  I didn't have time.

#41 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Fading Fast

Download from YYG Sandbox (4.9 MB)

GMC Discussion Topic

A mini game made in less than 72 hours for the 14th GMC Jam. Test your memory and reactions as you try to keep your memories alive for as long as possible!

The top online highscores can be viewed in game.

SS1.png

SS2.png

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 28 April 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#42 Joh

Joh

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Joh is proud to present

s_title.png

Dark lord's memoir

screenshot112.png

Its pretty straight foward, you try and get as deep as possible while collecting pages of the greatest Darklord's memoir.

You can use what you learn from them to learn new abilities and upgrade your magic.

It is also possible to use "memories from another life" to start with abilities.

------------------

Download

Lastest (pick this for zip)

direct

-----

Spoiler

Edited by Joh, 28 April 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#43 Feerple

Feerple

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Here's my jam game

Agyro

(Pronounced Ah-Hee-roe)

Edited by Feerple, 29 April 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#44 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

Here's my game. It would have been a lot better if I hadn't goofed off all weekend

OLD JAMZ

Download

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games