THEME: M E M O R I E S
HANDICAP: There must be no less than five different sound effects unique from each other in the length of your game
So, it's April again and you know what that means? Easter eggs, April showers... and.... The Stupendous GMC Jam #14 is here!!! Time to create a 72 hour GameMaker masterpiece with which to scare away all the opposition and win the approval (or not!) of our peers. This time around the Jam will run from Saturday 26th of April through Monday 28th and will be 72 hours dedicated purely to game development. Are you ready?
For those of you that aren't initiated in the ways of the Jam, please read on...
WHAT IS IT?
The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.
WHEN IS IT?
- Competition officially Starts Saturday 26th April (but hype usually starts up on Friday before midnight when the theme is announced)
- 72 hours long from 00:00 GMT Saturday 26th ...to... 23:59 GMT Monday 28th
- Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
- This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme (see above).
- Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation", and the "Best Devblog".
- It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
- Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DIRECT LINK TO DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next jam theme.
- Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!
COMMUNITY PRIZE LIST
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to me and they will add it to this post.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!
Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (but please do not reward last place!).
You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!
- Snail_Man - As a prize, I will offer the top three winners of this jam [an appearance] in my next jam game.
- XTIDIA games - From 5th to 1st Closed Alpha Access for my game VirtuCity.
- @Alex@ - For Places 1st through 10th we'll offer a copy of Kings on iOS https://itunes.apple...d562327871?mt=8
For Places 1st through 5th we'll also offer a copy of Neon Pulse https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neon-pulse/id834540137?ls=1&mt=8
- GVmakesGames - the top ten winners will get a pack of sprites/tiles/more stuff made by me. Top three entries will also get the source code of my entry (GM:Studio Standard project, even if it's not completed).
- For best use of handicap: Steam game(s) of choice up to $25 USD total value
For best use of theme: I'll write a haiku, better than this one right here, except maybe not
For most elaborate review of all games entered: Steam game(s) of choice up to $25 USD total value
- YalThe top 3 winners: gets a hand-drawn A4 format concept art of any character of their choice, not necessarily from their Jam game.
Anyone who can score 150,000 points or above in my jam game before the jam voting period ends and PMs me a screenshot proving it will receive the source file (stripped of the graphics resources).
- Shadowrend - Steam codes for the "Dead Island: Epidemic" ZOMBA game, currently in closed beta, for the first, second and third place.
- LukanSpellweaver - I will write a specialised review of both, the over all winner, and my favourite game. These reviews will appear in a special issue of my blogzine, The Indie Beacon.
Looking For A Team
If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM GameDevDan to add your name below:
- smash ball
- Smack Games
- Soul Wolf
- Lan Shade
turgon - looking for an artist
Support Banners (by Greenblizzard)
Please add a support banner to your forum signature.