#1 EgoTrip

EgoTrip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 98 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Here is a simple arcade game I created.

The object is to survive as long as possible. You control a bug which is going through a maze of bubbles, and the further in you get, the faster they come at you. There are random coins to collect bonus points.

Controls are Arrow keys. Space to start, M to toggle audio.

Download: (edited - now the standalone exe (zipped) - no installer)

https://app.box.com/...zzy7jl8cyi1bep7

Screenshots:

tstMaGv.png

DYnB7UF.png

Edited by EgoTrip, 19 March 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#2 poetkathi

poetkathi

Retired Staff

• GMC Elder
  • 833 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

You should mention in your post that this is not the playable file but an installer. I wouldn't have bothered to download it if I knew I would have to install it. I only install programs from trusted sources. I don't know you at all so you would not be a trusted source yet. Sorry. If you add a .zip file or the .exe of the playable version of the game, I'll download, play and give feedback on it.

poetkathi

Edited by poetkathi, 19 March 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#3 EgoTrip

EgoTrip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I have uploaded the standalone exe (zipped) and edited my post with it.

#4 poetkathi

poetkathi

Retired Staff

• GMC Elder
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for uploading the zipped version. I can see I'm going to enjoy playing this game. It isn't as easy as it seems. Sometimes it looks like the bug has hit a bubble but I guess it must miss by a pixel or two. That's too close for me to see at my age (63 with vision problems). I also like that you had a key to toggle off the music. Is it off by default or were my speakers not turned up enough. I never heard the music. The graphics are well done but I think (my opinion, because I ALWAYS mix up left and right unless using the mouse) there are simply too many bubbles to dodge! :whistling: The more I play it, the less often I'll mix up the left and right in it and the higher score I'll get. Thanks for a well made came that will be enjoyable to play.

poetkathi

#5 BenGeocth2

BenGeocth2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

i got a score of 83 I cant even believe how cool I am

#6 EgoTrip

EgoTrip

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The game is a port of a DS homebrew I did a while back, but this PC version is superior. Maybe at some point in the future I will add stuff like difficulty levels to this, but I am working on a different project now.

There is no music on this version, just a background atmosphere and sound effects when you pick up a coin/hit a bubble. Also, the collision detection was a bit TOO brutal on a full 32x32 so I gave the sprites 28x28 masks to make it slightly more forgiving.

Edited by EgoTrip, 21 March 2014 - 12:41 AM.