• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

23866_1.jpg

Survivor Reborn

Click to go to the download page!

Survivor is back!

Originally released in 2010, Survivor went on to have over 27,000 plays on the YYG sandbox with over 12,000 online highscores submitted. Survivor Reborn features the same addicting gameplay combined with better graphics, sound and a whole host of new hazards to avoid.

Survivor Reborn also features a 2 player mode, where you can fight it out to Survive the longest or work together to try and survive for as long as possible!

As well as climbing your way to the top of the Survivor leaderboards, there are 30 trophies to collect, all fully integrated with GameJolt!

44377.jpg
He only wanted a quiet existence.

Controls:

Green Player: Up, Left and Right arrow keys.
Red Player W, A and D.
You can push blocks by holding the direction you want to push in next to a block.
You can pull blocks by pushing into a block while also holding the opposite direction key.
Toggle music, sound effects and water effects with M, S and W respectively.

44378.jpg
Just Don't Die...

Survivor Reborn (Download), created by TerraFriedSheep with music composed by Ben Tibbetts (www.bentibbetts.net).

44381.jpg
Featuring a new 2 player mode!

#2 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Can you upload this to, say, dropbox or something so I can download it? (school blocks the site you have it on now ;A;)

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#3 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Can you upload this to, say, dropbox or something so I can download it? (school blocks the site you have it on now ;A;)

I certainly can :)

Well, I say that, I've tried uploading it to Dropbox and it seems to be stuck on 1 minute remaining for about 20 minutes now... I have the link though so hopefully it finishes at some point soon! Suvivor Reborn

#4 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Ok, played the game.

Good graphics.

Fun gameplay.

Loved it.

Not sure where I'm at on the scoreboards by now, but I'm really enjoying this!

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#5 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Ok, played the game.

Good graphics.
Fun gameplay.

Loved it.

Not sure where I'm at on the scoreboards by now, but I'm really enjoying this!

Awesome, glad you liked it!

A few days ago it got featured on Game Jolt! That's certainly filled the scoreboards up :)

#6 Mornez

Mornez

GMC Member

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Great game...are you going to post it in YoYo's Sandbox too?

.....................................................My Websites................................................         My Videos             

754997_orig.jpg  4295588_orig.jpg  1913238_orig.jpg  5184980_orig.png  

#7 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

Great game...are you going to post it in YoYo's Sandbox too?

Thanks! I certainly am, just got tied up moving house :) I'm all done now, and have uploaded it to YoYoGames!

Here's the link.

#8 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Survivor Reborn featured in VideoGameAddictz / TheAlrod360's "Top 5 Free Indie Games of the Week March 16th - March 22nd 2014" video, check it out here!

#9 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

It seems quite a few people have posted videos on YouTube of themselves playing Survivor Reborn, so I've followed suit. Here's a video of me setting my new personal best time (but it still only got me 7th place on the global rankings)!

http://youtu.be/dpn93wGw8tA

Thank-you everyone who has posted videos!

#10 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

A quick update today with regards to the online highscores, here's a copy of the news article I posted on GameJolt earlier:

As of today the online highscores list has been updated to only show the highest score for each username in the list, making it easier to break into the in-game highscores list than before! To view the highscores inside of the game, just go to "Achievements & Highscores" and press left to view the online highscores.

Here's how the top 20 looks as of this moment. I'll take this opportunity to make a shout-out to AtissEmiu, who holds 18 of the top 20 times (and the majority of the top 50 as well) and has been the leading survivor since the 14th September 2014 when he beat Gilibaldi's previous record.

D2nXR18.png

Don't forget to log into GameJolt from the main menu screen of Survivor Reborn to have your highscores submitted to the GameJolt highscores list as well as being able to unlock the 30 available trophies to earn experience for your GameJolt profile.

#11 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

I realised I recently missed the two year anniversary of when I released this game, so I just checked up on the scores in the database to see if anyone had played recently... Turns out people are still playing regularly! In fact, 168 online highscores have been submitted so far this month! (For anyone interested, there are 13,652 online highscores submitted to date) :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, arcade, platformer