Portfolios Forum Rules and Guidelines
The Portfolios Forum is a "looking for work" forum. It is designed to connect members who want to collaborate on GameMaker projects.
How it Works
Members offering (or selling) their services may advertise "skills for hire" by posting a personal portfolio listing their skills, accomplishments, and the type of work they want. Other members looking for services or teammates can review these portfolios and contact the author to discuss details.
Topics requesting services or teammates are NOT permitted. They will be removed.
Portfolio Rules and Guidelines
Use any format you choose, but make your portfolio informative and clear.
- Member portfolios must include examples of your completed work. Portfolios not meeting this requirement will be removed.
- Examples may include games, artwork and graphics, music and sound effects, programming tutorials, etc. Artwork examples may be included in the topic. Other examples can be provided by links.
- Portfolios should describe your services and the kind of work you seek. Indicate the type of projects you prefer, and how much time you can spend. Explain what services you offer, and discuss your fees (if any). You can provide other information about your background as you see fit.
- Topic titles must include appropriate tag(s) to help readers identify potential matches. Topic tags include [Artist], [Musician], [Sound Design], [Web Design] and [Programming].
- One portfolio topic per member.
- Portfolio topics may be bumped by request after 30 days or you may bump it yourself after this time. DO NOT BUMP YOUR TOPIC AFTER 48 HOURS as that general forum rule does not apply here. Report your topic to request a bump.
- If you are looking for an artist/musician/programmer then please message only one at a time, and do not mass-send messages to multiple users. Everyone deserves a chance and you could be wasting people's time in getting them to reply and create mock-ups or whatever, when they could be using that time with someone that's actually going to hire them.
Note that the GMC and YoYo Games take no responsibility for any failure to supply any services offered here, and you enter into any contracts with the people offering their services at your own risk.
Apart from the above, the general GMC rules apply to all topics and posts in this forum.