GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

23216_1.jpg

42711.jpg42709.jpg

42708.jpg42710.jpg

Jumpinguin is a game about a penguin, that is constantly jumping, while attempting to avoid falling ice blocks as long as it could. Sounds easy? Play it! and be prepared to get angry.

Designed to be in the same vein of the phenomenal Flappy Bird, but with the fluid control of Super Mario Bros, and the falling blocks of Tetris, Jumpinguin will provide you a great challenge like never before.

Features:

• Ultra hard yet fair gameplay, from sloppy ice surface that requires wise button tapping, to a continuously stream of falling ice block that would not let your eyes blinking. Everything is designed to provide greatest challenge.
  • HD original graphics and music, everything is carefully handcrafted by me from the cute visual to the happy music, and even the jumping sound effect. The high definition artwork will ensure the crisp of the visual even if played on ultra high resolution monitor.
  • Funny Ranking System, you will constantly ended up being mocked, unless you perform very well.

Author's comments:

This is my first game that was developed using Game Maker: Studio Standard, since I just got that software for free. I think this game would be perfect for android and iOS but, I still don't have any export modules.

Please download and enjoy ;)

Edited by Fihrilkamal, 26 February 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Thumb_Jilbab.png96un.pngsssignature.png

#2 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

This game is amazing! It is so fun and addictive.

I want this on android so bad. I want to show it to all my friends so they can get it too.

Thank you very very much Shasoos! I wish I could do it soon. But, the android export module is still too expensive for me now :(

#3 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Wow - Love the graphics dude!

Awesome work.

[edit]

Just played it, managed to max out at 6 LOL

We have a replacement for Flappy Birds! Should sell it :)

Edited by Lonewolff, 27 February 2014 - 11:44 PM.

#4 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

I personally find it a little too frustrating to casually play it for more than a few tries,
Spoiler

Edited by BattleRifle BR55, 28 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Jmds8UL.png

#5 Kerry

Kerry

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Amazingggg game! Super fun yet teeth grindingly difficult! :D

#6 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Wow - Love the graphics dude!

Awesome work.

[edit]
Just played it, managed to max out at 6 LOL

We have a replacement for Flappy Birds! Should sell it :)

Thanks a lot Lonewolff, I'm really glad that you think so.

I personally find it a little too frustrating to casually play it for more than a few tries, and what I noticed that takes away from it some more is the touchscreen-styled interface. In having to take my hand off the keyboard to use the mouse to click Replay and then put my hand back on the arrow keys, the game loses that twitchy "one more try" feel. Add in a hot key for restarting.

Thanks for the feedback BattleRifle BR55, but there is actually some hotkeys (as explained in the pop up that displayed when clicking play button), they are:
Enter: Quick Restart
Esc: Force Quit

I wonder how could you possibly misses that?  :confused:

Amazingggg game! Super fun yet teeth grindingly difficult! :D

Thank you very much Kerry, I'm happy to know that peoples are actually get challenges from this game.

Edited by Fihrilkamal, 28 February 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#7 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Oh, my bad. I didn't make the post immediately after playing the game as I played a few more, and when thinking back on my experience I somehow completely forgot about that. Sorry :P
Jmds8UL.png

#8 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Oh, my bad. I didn't make the post immediately after playing the game as I played a few more, and when thinking back on my experience I somehow completely forgot about that. Sorry :P

No problem man.

Anyway here's

TIPS OF THE DAY:

Instead of pressing the left and right button try to only tap them!

That will make the Penguin easier to control.

#9 gamedadak

gamedadak

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

it looks good! Yet i feel its far too difficult and as a result not very fun. Couple attempts (max of 4) and i was done.

#10 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

it looks good! Yet i feel its far too difficult and as a result not very fun. Couple attempts (max of 4) and i was done.

Thank you for playing gamedadak! You've just repeated what my sister said when I ask her to playtest this game.
Then, I guess this game is really not for everybody, just like Flappy Bird is, since I got a lot of inspiration from that game..

#11 gamedadak

gamedadak

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

i played on pc, maybe thats why? For lack of knowing, ill call it the stage(where im standing) is to short. Trying to get from one side to the other WHILE not sliding off AND jumping up before the next row drops on me... They fall too fast/i dont have enough time or space to move.
And youre right. Everyones different. I tried flappy birds 1 time and seen enough. Yet i know others that played for hrs.

#12 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

i played on pc, maybe thats why? For lack of knowing, ill call it the stage(where im standing) is to short. Trying to get from one side to the other WHILE not sliding off AND jumping up before the next row drops on me... They fall too fast/i dont have enough time or space to move.
And youre right. Everyones different. I tried flappy birds 1 time and seen enough. Yet i know others that played for hrs.

I made this game to feature no difficulty ramp at all (the player starts intially on the fixed high difficulty), so it's all about skill and concentration. Players that want to invest time trying a lot will eventually get high score. I made it this way because when I played Flappy Bird (which does exacly the same with the difficulty ramp) I feel really challenged, and that made me keep trying and trying until I got a highscore of 98. Anyway, my highest score on this game is somewhhere around 140 which is actually not the highest rank possible :biggrin:

And, finally I plan to add online highscore for the next update, please feel free to suggest new features you want to see in the next version.

#13 AhmedElyamani

AhmedElyamani

Yamani

• GMC Member
  • 1902 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Really love this game! Difficulty is quite frustrating really since I got no where better than a "brainless ape" :P , Other than that , nice graphics and original game play good job bro!

#14 Fihrilkamal

Fihrilkamal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:15 AM

Really love this game! Difficulty is quite frustrating really since I got no where better than a "brainless ape" :P , Other than that , nice graphics and original game play good job bro!

Thanks a lot Ahmed! Hey, wait, you can easily get "An ape with a brain" rank with low scores :P

Have anyone ever get "Pretty Good" or at least "Getting Better" or even least "Worse Than My Grandma" rank? :turned:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, arcade