Completed Projects Rules And Guidelines
This forum group is for finished games. Games under development, or that have additional features planned, should be posted in the Alpha or Beta Projects forums.
Games posted here should be complete and without known bugs. Gameplay should be polished, with a clear objective and endpoint. Incomplete and under-developed games may be removed, or moved to Alpha Projects.
This format is optional, although we recommend it - especially if you're a disorganized 14-year-old!
- Game Name:
- Category: Arcade, puzzle, shooter, etc.
- File Size:
- GM Version: GM8, GM:Studio, etc
- Multiplayer: yes / no
- Download Link:
- Screenshots: At least TWO (or a good-quality video) are required.
- Game Description: (required)
Topics MUST include a complete description of the game. Vague topics may be removed. You should Use Topic Tags in the topic title. This is useful to people looking for specific features or genres.
- At least two screenshots, or a good-quality video, are required. Otherwise, the topic may be removed.
- Try to keep images under 800 x 600 pixels, and under 100 kB. You may include up to 5 images per post.
- Avoid screenshots with vulgar or offensive content.
- Windows, Mac, or Linux games must have direct download links, or links to a dedicated web page. Don't link to your home page and expect users to find your game.
- HTML5 games should have links that automatically play in browsers.
- Mobile Games should have links to the appropriate App Store (or stores).
- Topics with broken links will be closed. If this happens, report your game and provide a working link.
- Installers are allowed, but STRONGLY discouraged. Zip versions are recommended.
- You must not require members to register in order to download the game, unless the game is on the Steam Workshop for GameMaker: Studio.
- Please read this topic for creations that are NOT ALLOWED.
- Do not post games that are vulgar, pornographic, or offensive to any ethnic or religious group. Post a warning if your game contains mild swearing or graphic violence.
- Post one topic per game, per forum. If your game is available on multiple platforms, you may post one topic in each of the applicable forums.
- Examples and tutorials belong in the Tutorials Forum. Engines can be posted in Open Source.
- You may critique games but do not flame or insult the author. Rude or offensive comments may result in your account closure.
- Follow the Bumping Rules.
- Do not post unless you have played the game, or have questions about the topic.
- Report broken links with the REPORT button. Do not post just to say the link is broken.
Information on Selling Games And Crowdfunding
You may post games for sale, and you may also include links to crowd-funding sites like KickStarter. But you must follow these rules:
- You must provide a free playable demo.
- Make it clear in your title and topic that the game is for sale.
- Do NOT discuss payment in the topic. Payment options must be on your web page, with a link in your topic.
- You can add a link to your crowd-funding site listing. But this topic must be about the game and not its funding.
As usual, the general GMC Rules apply.