88 replies to this topic

#51 Kimidori

Kimidori

Opened Ultimate Gate

• GMC Member
  • 552 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

This is a very nice offer, been playing around with GM Studio Lite for a few days and it is quie robust IDE

Q. Pro ver is not packaged with "YoYo Compiler"

Can I still build Win7,8 stand alone exe's with the Pro version without the compiler

Q. what is the advantage of having the compiler ?

Comparison of versions

http://www.yoyogames.com/studio

Thanks ..

yes, and the advantage of having the Yoyo compiler is better game speed if your game too logic-heavy for the standard compiler to handle.

No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement.

#52 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

My friend downloaded the standard version for free and I gave him the $35 to upgrade to pro version but every time he tries to use the HTML module it keeps asking for the key and once we entered it it says to restart GM which we do but it keeps on asking for the key, why is this?

Pro does not include the HTML5 model, this is an add on - it's asking for an HTML5 license. Check out the feature list here....

#53 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

This is a very nice offer, been playing around with GM Studio Lite for a few days and it is quie robust IDE

Q. Pro ver is not packaged with "YoYo Compiler"
     Can I still build Win7,8 stand alone exe's with the Pro version without the compiler

Q. what is the advantage of having the compiler ?

Comparison of versions

Thanks ..

Yes you can still make games without the YoYo Compiler. All it is is just a faster compiled version of your game than the regular compiler.

Check out Night Bike for Android and iOS!

2j2wyvk.png

Curious on how to code in other languages? I highly recommend you check out Team Tree house. You'll learn a lot of skills and methods that will help with GameMaker, and you can learn how to code things to work with your game (websites, databases, etc). There are tons of small courses that range from beginner to advanced.

#54 tombmonkey

tombmonkey

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 60 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for this, I could finally ditch the pirated version of gm and got pro ( in some parts of the world, like mine, $150 is a lot of money), mobile testing is all I need for now and I will start saving for the android module, maybe have a sale on that too ;P

#55 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for this, I could finally ditch the pirated version of gm and got pro ( in some parts of the world, like mine, $150 is a lot of money), mobile testing is all I need for now and I will start saving for the android module, maybe have a sale on that too ;P

I don't know why people post crap like this. It's as you expect congratulations from the community on finally coming around.

You may think that's the message you're sending. It's not.

The message your sending is; If I can't afford Game Maker It's OK to pirate it. We also see you're interested in Mobile, soon you'll be interested in more than just testing. At that point will you just pirate the Android export.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#56 tombmonkey

tombmonkey

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Toast you should read your own signature more often.

Edited by tombmonkey, 02 March 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#57 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

monkey, you shouldn't pirate software that people work hard to make.

Nor should you be posting the fact the you have broken the law on the internet.

Also, what has NPT made up in his post? Nothing.

P.S. Great sale YoYo, you guys rock!

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#58 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:06 AM

This is a great offer, and a good buy to anyone that doesnt already own Game Maker Pro.

But I second , third or whatever number its up to now,  the sale of some of the Modules to some of us that already own a Gamemaker Pro license.

Make it to those who paid full price for gamemaker pro, 99 bucks. I myself would probably buy the Android Module Tomorrow if it dropped in price. not saying the module isnt worth every bit of the 200 dollar asking price, just sayin, my wallet cries everytime I look in it for that amount.

But I understand if they do not lower it, just can be on my wish list anyways...but gonna be a while wishing...

Edited by link0101, 05 March 2014 - 03:20 AM.

#59 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

I am not sure what part of the world GM:S Pro is $150.

maybe have a sale on that too ;P

Or you could just pirate it again :P

#GameMakerBuccaneerEdition

Edited by Lonewolff, 05 March 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#60 zedman3d

zedman3d

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

When can we expect some sort of Master edition sale?

#61 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

When can we expect some sort of Master edition sale?

That's the thing, you can't 'expect' sales to happen. They just happen when Yoyogames says they happen. ;)

Otherwise people will hold off for the next sale. What if the next sale is 5 years from now? You'd miss out either way.

That's what makes it so awesome. Yoyogames just announces Free/Slashed on the day and everyone goes nuts on how generous Yoyo is :)

#62 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

If YoYo put the Master Collection on sale its still going to be around 500 bucks, a lot of money for most of us. Why I said just put a few of the modules on sale for a time. Each person can get one Module on sale, no more.

I think we the faithful..., those of us that have owned GameMaker Pro for a bit need a sale to get us moving. I been using another Droid development system because it was only around 100 dollars at the time I purchased it.

Now if I could get the Gamemaker Pro Droid Module for around the same price, 100 dollars, then I'd snag it up and probably use Gamemaker instead of what i am using now for Android development.

Seen what GameMaker can do on the GameMaker Android Player and was impressed. Not that what I'm using now is a slow or anything, just be nice to release a few games from GameMaker Pro on droid is all.

Something for YoYo to think about.....

Thanks for your time.

Edited by link0101, 05 March 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#63 Toolkitz

Toolkitz

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

I got the pro version and after waiting, I got no Steam key. So I look up this thread and turns out that I got to wait 1 to 2 weeks. I can wait if it needs be but I'd like to know why does it take so long.

#64 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Now if I could get the Gamemaker Pro Droid Module for around the same price, 100 dollars, then I'd snag it up and probably use Game maker instead of what i am using now for Android.

Any serious developer wouldn't have any questions on paying the asking price that Yoyogames sets.

I bought Pro for $99 around six months ago and still think that it is a bargain for what it can achieve. I am still yet to purchase any modules but will have no issues when my application gets to that point.

#65 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

As I already stated in another post here, I too think the Android Module is well worth the 200 dollar asking price, $199 if you're picky. And if i were a rich man, and a full on game developer I'd buy the whole package for $799.

But I'm a hobbyist, not a Game Development Studio. And YoYo doesnt have to lower the price on any of their modules. I'm sure they sell just fine and are a great buy.

hell look at Corona, 200 a year, thats insane, GameMakers modules are a way better bargain.

Just thought it would be a nice thing for those of us with a 100 dollars to burn. I dont need the HTML5 Module because I'm not interested in releasing any HTML5 games at the moment.

But think if that went on sale too, would only be 50 bucks for people wishing to crack into HTML5 game development.

And as I also said, would only be for one module, not the whole bunch. You would get to pick one Module on sale, no more, you want more, you pay the regular price after that for the others.

But was just an Idea. I have my eye on another language that is 100 bucks. I already own most of the good Languages and game development systems, and good IDEs for HTML5 ( my gf thinks i'm nuts for havin so many).

So was thinking, instead of buying that other language, I would just get the Android module instead.

Wishful thinking I guess.

And to those buying GameMaker Studio for the first time and at 35 dollars no less, your getting a great system, a damn good price, and something you can make cool assed games with, good luck!

Edited by link0101, 06 March 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#66 JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 27 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

As I already stated in another post here, I too think the Android Module is well worth the 200 dollar asking price, $199 if you're picky. And if i were a rich man, and a full on game developer I'd buy the whole package for $799.

It all depends on the target audience. Yoyo has proven that GM has come along way now and is no longer a 'kids' toy.

Sure, you can get the 'kiddie-targetted' editions for less than $50 but anything above that is starting to become more oriented for the 'Professional' user, with professional features.

Android & iOS exporters are more for the 'Pro' as you will have paid Android and Apple for the developer fee's (and have invested in a Mac for the iOS compilation). So, all of this assumes that you would be willing to pay a couple of hundred bucks (one time) for an exporter.

#67 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

^^ That is exactly where my thoughts were. You hit the nail on the head.

If people need this as a tool, they purchase. If they tinker with little hobby projects, they don't.

#68 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

One, Amazon charges nothing to put an app on their store, zip, zero, NOTHING!
And there are other stores also,

Along with Tizen which if I could get that damn SDK of theirs to work properly I might make a version of any game I develop.

Two Spending money on a system has nothing to do with the professionalism of said Game delvelopment system and or game engine.

There are plenty of free Java Game Engines out there that are great. I just dont like piecing things together. More in too that one click deploy method thats all the rage with the kiddies!

And when did using the free or 35 dollar version of GameMaker become a kids thing? You both yourselves just stated how proffesional gameMaker was. Didnt know the Cheaper versions had a kids only mode built-in,

i'll have to read the help files more closely (stops sargasmic mode..REBOOTS system)

Anyways, maybe 200 dollars falls into both your laps freely whenever you need things. Me... I work for my money, and yes, in a month or two after paying my heating bills, and my car payments, and buying my food, I might come up with an extra 200 dollars I have free to buy the Droid Module,.

But by then I'll have purchased Monkey X , 99 bucks, used the IDE I already own for it, so that I have code folding, and starting working on a game that will work on Droid, Iphone, (yes i have a Mac,. OS X 10.6, I really need to upgrade for the new Xcode), on HTML5 and Flash, all for the small price of 99 dollars and the cost of my IDE that I bought.ahead of time so i could see if i really wanted Monkey X..

But I had a thought, that would benefit us all, why not ask for a sale for one module for each loyal GameMaker user, and yes I am Loyal, I think GameMaker is a great program and was willing to drop buying a new language, just to get a crack at using the Android version of gameMakers engine.

Would have been cool, but alas, The people have spoken ( all two of you), guess I'll have to stick to using AGK and the New Monkey X i'll be buying in the next few days, thanks for making my mind up guys, you really have helped loads. jk

silly me, buyin stuff for cheap (AGK (cost me $111) and Monkey X) to make games with, which when done, will be put to free sites like Amazon that take a 30 percent cut of whatever you make. silly silly me...

Oh and a P.S. Most Apps make little or no money, hence my reluctance on spending more than 100 dollars on any engine...

peace out ya'all

Edited by link0101, 08 March 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#69 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Oh and one other thing I just thought of, why is it ok for YoYo to have a sale on the whole GameMaker Pro Package just a month or two ago for 500 bucks? which if you include GameMaker in that price averages out to around 71 dollars a module? but its kiddish and bad to ask for one module at half price? which is still 100 dollars? a 30 dollar mark up from the $499 dollar version?

Riddle me this Batman...

Edited by link0101, 07 March 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#70 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:51 AM

And when did using the free or 35 dollar version of GameMaker become a kids thing? You both yourselves just stated how proffesional gameMaker was. Didnt know the Cheaper versions had a kids only mode built-in,

We'll now you can consider yourself educated ;)

You get what you pay for.

You say yourself you develop for Android, not with GameMaker you don't. Unless you are one of those guys.... :(

All I am saying, it is usually 'kids' who complain about the cost of GM and modules in general. Anyone with some maturity will understand that it costs Yoyogames money to create, maintain, and support their endeavours (I.e. Letting you program games - cross platform).

If yoyogames closes their doors due to non-profit it will be you (and the kids) who cry blue murder. Can't have it both ways I am afraid.

No one is forcing you to use GM, Batman. :)

Edited by Lonewolff, 09 March 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#71 link0101

link0101

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Ok Riddler,

One module being on sale is hardly going to hurt YoYos ability to make money, Hell I'd even go as far as saying they could have a cap on profits with the Android Modules that were on sale just like Unity and some others do for their stuff,

You make over 1000 dollars in droid game profit and you fork over the other hundred or even more if they so chose too. I hear YoYo has a built in tracker on their engine so would be easy for them to see when you hit this cap.

And I never complained about any Price YoYo puts on their products, I already said it's way cheaper than Corona's 200 dollars a year price tag, And yes Corona is cool, just in my opinion, Not 200 dollars a year cool!.

And Game Maker is cool in its own right, if it wasnt I wouldnt be concidering dropping my purchase of Monkey X, which I had my eyes on for a year or more just to purchase one module when Monkey X offers them all for the same price.

I just thought it would be a cool thing to do for all of us that these other sales YoYo has had doesnt cover. I couldnt afford the 500 dollar asking price for deal YoYo made for the full GameMaker Pro Package, I'm sure most here cant.

Though I have noticed no one else here has voiced their opinion on getting a sale, Guess everyone else here is rich and doesnt want a Module on sale and are just happy to make Windows and Mac games. More power to them. Me I'm goin after the Droid market on my spare time.

And the sale of GameMaker Pro came after I had already purchased the full version at 99 dollars, So, you know the rest, i'm not going to get into all this again. This is my last post on the subject.

if any of the rest of you that are sitting back not typing want a sale on one module of your choosing, now would be a good time to speak up, cause I'm done!.

I have AGK and one click deploy ability with it now to create droid games so I'm good,

I was just trying to get the rest of the GameMaker community a chance at it as well. Instead of arguing with me on something that could benefit all here, you could voice your opinion on whether or not you think this is a bad Idea.

As I said, One module, not the whole bunch, still would leave 5 other modules you'd still have to buy at regular price.

I didnt see the harm in it. but then again I stopped being a fan boy of languages and game making systems long ago. Now I look at them as tools, not my best friend!

And sorry to say, if it was not for GameMakers speed when on the Droid, I wouldnt even bother with the argument, I prefer pure programming with code alone anyways, to point and click type game making if you want to know the truth.Though GML is pretty powerful and fun to play with.

As i said, I just thought it was a good Idea, be the last I post here thats for sure..not worth the arguing just to help people out...

Edited by link0101, 09 March 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#72 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

You make over 1000 dollars in droid game profit and you fork over the other hundred or even more if they so chose too. I hear YoYo has a built in tracker on their engine so would be easy for them to see when you hit this cap.

Pure made up speculation.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#73 Tranz3d

Tranz3d

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

I purchased the Pro version Feb 28th, shouldn't I have received a Steam Key by now?

#74 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

I don't think I ever got a steam key but then I don't use steam so I never really thought much about it til I just seen it mentioned here. 

#75 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

If you are waiting on your key and don't get it, then contact the help desk please!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#76 Tranz3d

Tranz3d

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I was just wondering if I'm supposed to be getting one automatically for purchasing the pro version, or is that only when buying through steam.

Just wasn't sure how that worked.

Now I see it says "Any new purchases from our website will automatically get a Steam Key for the same product and any modules on Steam"

so I will contact the help desk, thanks.

#77 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

I was just wondering if I'm supposed to be getting one automatically for purchasing the pro version, or is that only when buying through steam.

Just wasn't sure how that worked.

Now I see it says "Any new purchases from our website will automatically get a Steam Key for the same product and any modules on Steam"

so I will contact the help desk, thanks.

Have you done a Licence Recovery? You might have your Steam Key.

#78 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

I'm just wondering why so many people prefer to use GM through Steam? 

Other than the Workshop projects I can't see any obvious advantage to running the software through Steam.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#79 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

I'm just wondering why so many people prefer to use GM through Steam? 

Other than the Workshop projects I can't see any obvious advantage to running the software through Steam.

Its horrid - but I've recently found my regular GM to take anywhere up to 10 minutes to open so if I use steam it is almost instant (in comparison).

Thats why I tend to use it now anyway. It also doesn't ask me to enter a license every chance it gets.

#80 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

I have heard a lot of people saying it takes forever to load and they have to enter their licenses all of the time, but my PC is fairly crappy and none of this happens to me anymore. It stopped around January.

Maybe I'm just lucky  :sweat:

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#81 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

I have heard a lot of people saying it takes forever to load and they have to enter their licenses all of the time, but my PC is fairly crappy and none of this happens to me anymore. It stopped around January.

Maybe I'm just lucky  :sweat:

Yeah, its nothing to do with the spec of the PC, its a YYG problem... I'll admit the number of times I've had to enter a license has gone down a fair bit but it seems inversely proportional to the amount of time it takes to load sadly :/

#82 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

Woohoo! Another Sale!!

Oh, nope just some necrophiliac's :(

#83 nekuf

nekuf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

so i use the free version, just now downloaded it again for the free license for the standart version, but when i install it over the old one, there are no instructions for upgrading it to standart version. what am i missing or doing wrong? where are these instructions for upgrading free to standart version?

#84 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

so i use the free version, just now downloaded it again for the free license for the standart version, but when i install it over the old one, there are no instructions for upgrading it to standart version. what am i missing or doing wrong? where are these instructions for upgrading free to standart version?

The program for getting Standard for free expired a while ago.

#85 nekuf

nekuf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

meh.. so then are there news for repeating such a sale?

#86 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

No.

#87 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:40 AM

If you downloaded it during the promo and registered it properly as per the 'in your face splash screen', you should have received a registration key via email.

meh.. so then are there news for repeating such a sale?

It is not often that you'll find a business that advertises that it will have a sale in a few months time (so hold off until then). :)

Edited by Lonewolff, 08 April 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#88 nekuf

nekuf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Oke man, u give me hope, i will wait. patience proves valuable in life thats what ive seen throu my experience. :) its all about the unlimited resourses anyway.

#89 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Okay, closing this now! I think it's run its course and that any further posts in the topic will just confuse people into thinking that another sale is on...

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png