Photo

Night Bike (v1.1.0 released on 6/3/2014)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Description

Night Bike is a casual high score game. All that is required is to tap the screen to jump over various vehicles and try to get the highest score.

Features

• Online cross platform leaderboard
  • Customizable character
  • Retro graphics
  • Simple and quick gameplay

Downloads

App Store

Google Play Store

Screenshots

98j8.png

jl0wmw.png

15d5q87.png

Edited by Spyker, 04 June 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Check out Night Bike for Android and iOS!

2j2wyvk.png

Curious on how to code in other languages? I highly recommend you check out Team Tree house. You'll learn a lot of skills and methods that will help with GameMaker, and you can learn how to code things to work with your game (websites, databases, etc). There are tons of small courses that range from beginner to advanced.

#2 wagdog

wagdog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

What a cool idea! I'll grab it when I use my tablet tomorrow.

Three Liter Games

Kitty Flyer (FREE!) - Flappy Bird like game:

iOS: iTunes App Store

Android: Google Play!

Lunar Commander:

Android: Google Play

Linux: Lunar Commander Linux - (free - direct download)

HTML5: http://www.johnnywag.com/lchtml5/ (play free in your browser!)

Lunar Commander Lite (FREE!):

Android: Google Play

#3 Erasus

Erasus

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

Hey man! This is awesome! Jealous of those  sweet sprites dude.

Could you tell me by any chance how you saved the high score?

#4 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

Thanks guys!

Just a simple variable saved to a .ini file and then encrypted to prevent file editing.

2j2wyvk.png

Curious on how to code in other languages? I highly recommend you check out Team Tree house. You'll learn a lot of skills and methods that will help with GameMaker, and you can learn how to code things to work with your game (websites, databases, etc). There are tons of small courses that range from beginner to advanced.

#5 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Looks good but could you fix the graphics so they all fit in the same 'resolution'?   It looks like scaled up sprites moving on a resolution higher than they were intended for and they often look misaligned.  It breaks consistency and kinda ruins the otherwise charming 8-bit look.

#6 Erasus

Erasus

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thanks guys!

Just a simple variable saved to a .ini file and then encrypted to prevent file editing.

Oh cool, where abouts do you place the ini? 

Sorry to be a pain, 

If I have a room which is being played and the score counts up, do I go from there? Or would I go from the death room which outputs my highest score?

#7 HiroNaka

HiroNaka

Naka Squad

• GMC Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Damn dude, this looks really awesome! I wish I had some sort of Android device to play!

#8 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Looks good but could you fix the graphics so they all fit in the same 'resolution'?   It looks like scaled up sprites moving on a resolution higher than they were intended for and they often look misaligned.  It breaks consistency and kinda ruins the otherwise charming 8-bit look.

This was my first game released for Android (and first game ever, actually) so I'm still figuring out how to make scaling look great among all devices. I only had so many devices to test on (none of which were high-def resolutions :( ) but it is something I am going to research and work on. Which device did you try it on, specifically?

Sorry to be a pain, 

If I have a room which is being played and the score counts up, do I go from there? Or would I go from the death room which outputs my highest score?

You should look up a basic .ini tutorial, it'll explain everything there and where things are stored. For the most part GM picks where to store them. It's as simple as saving and reading a variable to the file. So you would just take the score they had after the round is over and save it if it's higher than their last high score.

Edit: Also, I'm working on an iOS version as well.

Edited by Spyker, 15 February 2014 - 08:10 PM.

2j2wyvk.png

#9 Erasus

Erasus

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

This was my first game released for Android (and first game ever, actually) so I'm still figuring out how to make scaling look great among all devices. I only had so many devices to test on (none of which were high-def resolutions :( ) but it is something I am going to research and work on. Which device did you try it on, specifically?

Sorry to be a pain, 

You should look up a basic .ini tutorial, it'll explain everything there and where things are stored. For the most part GM picks where to store them. It's as simple as saving and reading a variable to the file. So you would just take the score they had after the round is over and save it if it's higher than their last high score.

Edit: Also, I'm working on an iOS version as well.

Thanks.

Also, I've got a Galaxy S3 and it looks gorgeous to me.

#10 Syphy_114

Syphy_114

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

This is pretty awesome! App runs smooth on Galaxy S4 (M919)

#11 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for the reports on the Galaxies S3 & 4. Seems it only looks odd on 16:9 tablets (from what I've heard). I could make a resolution fix with surfaces, however it will run slow on older devices (the only Android devices I have are fairly old). I'm looking at different solutions to see what's possible without sacrificing compatibility. I've got a few in mind.

2j2wyvk.png

#12 jake_president

jake_president

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Runs smooth on my Galaxy Ace 3

BaWhYOnCAAAKcXE.jpg

#13 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

Now that the application_surface problems are solved, v1.1.0 has been released! This version includes a customize-your-character window, menu redesign, options menu, and an in-app purchase for no ads and extra content.

2j2wyvk.png

#14 Tranz3d

Tranz3d

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Edited by Tranz3d, 18 January 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#15 cybereda

cybereda

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

Man..you and your game..it is AWESOME..every time i lose i get more and more mad and retry(played it all night) don't blame me for that :D..Annd my hightest score was 43(not bad :/)..a charm on the galaxy s3

just a random quote : Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

#16 Tranz3d

Tranz3d

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Edited by Tranz3d, 18 January 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#17 Spyker

Spyker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

Is there a way to transfer the save file to a new phone?

Unfortunately, no. I might look into integrating Google Play Games someday but it's not a priority at the moment.

(Also sorry for the late reply, I hadn't noticed that this thread was bumped haha)

2j2wyvk.png

#18 PhoenixBoltS

PhoenixBoltS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

great game buddy !!!

it's really nice ::lmao::

1978795.png

Download Vital Rescue for free !!! Get it on Google Play

Our Website- http://phoenixboltstudios.weebly.com