#1 OneManP

OneManP

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Ipxe1Zg.png

Save&Load what is that ? Save&Load extension is the easy way to load,save and draw ini information, there are 2 ways to do it, first write the code, and other use Drag&Drop library.

save_ini_real("inifile.ini","section","key",value) - Saves real(number) from ini file

save_ini_string("inifile.ini","section","key","value") - Saves string(letter) from ini file

load_ini_real("inifile.ini","section","key") - Loads real(number) from ini file

load_ini_string("inifile.ini","section","key") - Loads string(letter) from ini file

draw_ini_real("inifile.ini","section","key",x,y) - Draws real(number) from ini file

draw_ini_string("inifile.ini","section","key",x,y) - Draws string(letter) from ini file

Ini File format looks like this
[Section]
Key=value

Download the latest version from GitHub

Thanks for reading, this is my first gex(extension) that i made.I made this for myself but i wanted to share if someone need :P

Edited by OneManP, 09 February 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#2 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

Yes but what version of game maker is it compatible with, and is there a example we can use, you know like a tutorial?

Assuming I helped you out in a questions and answers topic won't you return the favour by helping me with one my coding problems, or recommend some one who can chat to me over pms about helping and how to overcome my obstacles, after all lets just say I did help you or them or many people with similar problems, in that topic.

Here i have a topic for those of you struggling with type writer text and mugshots in your games especially if it is a rpg see the link below for more info

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619103

almost no code needed, only uses two events.

click here for the l8est version of feed the alien pizza, it has some major polished up features.

#3 HiroNaka

HiroNaka

Naka Squad

• GMC Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

I'm actually learning how to work with ini files, hopefully this is compatible with GM: Studio and helps me. :P

#4 OneManP

OneManP

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

This is made for studio but i think it can work with gm 8 too

#5 Roflstompz

Roflstompz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but i install the extension and yet can't use any of the functions.
in fact.. it looks like there are no functions? Just .gml files under 'Save&Load'

SPrz7If.png

#6 OneManP

OneManP

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but i install the extension and yet can't use any of the functions.
in fact.. it looks like there are no functions? Just .gml files under 'Save&Load'

Thanks for message, now i released 1.5v and there are fixed this problem.