RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

GMC_Jam_13_BannerSmall_zps4bf860e8.png

Download the ZIP (~600MB) (Mega)

(Dropbox) (My Server)

Welcome to the official GMC Jam #13 Voting Topic!

This topic is where you can post your reviews and final votes in the GMCJam. The rules, as always, are listed below for those new members that are participating for the first time and we recommend that you read them before making any posts. For those veterans out there, skip the rules as nothing has changed since previous jams, and "START VOTING"!

Voting Template
You don't have to use this, but it makes my life a lot easier if you do, so please consider adding the following template to your post, even if you wish to add mini-reviews and images for your chosen games.

My votes go to

• name of the game - author
  • etc...
Best Use Of Theme - author
Best Use Of Handicap - author
Best Presentation - author
Best Devblog - author

Voting Rules
You may vote for as many (or as few) games as you wish in order of preference, with 1 being the winner and all subsequent games being runners up, but please vote for at least three! Note that while we admire and respect those that play (and vote!) every game entered, this is not necessary! If everyone plays and votes for just ten or so games, the Jam is a success. The zip file that is created for the Jam comes with a game "randomiser" so that the order you play the games in does not depend on their title or creator, so we ask that you please use it!

Apart from the voting you are encouraged to post a mini-review of the winning game (and any others you feel deserve it) explaining what you liked/disliked and why you think it deserves to win... Remember, this is a Community Jam and so feedback from the community is all important! We want to know what you think! Apart from that there are a few more rules to stick to...

• Voting will last approximately 15 days from Tuesday 28th January to Wednesday 12th February.

• Please post your votes FIRST, before any other text or images, and preferably using the above template.

• Only ONE post per person (this is flexible but you MUST PM me for permission first). Any further conversation about a given game can be held in the Jam topic or in the topic of the game itself (if it has one). Any posts breaking this rule will be removed.

• Your top three games MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SHORT REVIEW and posts with no reviews of at least the top three games will be considered <void> at the time of counting.

• If you are reviewing the games over the course of the 15 day voting period, use the <EDIT> button to add to your post, rather than post twice.Constructive criticism is fine, but comments like "This game sucks" will not be tolerated... so think before commenting! If your reviews are extensive or use images, please encase them in [spoiler] tags.

• Please vote for at least YOUR TOP THREE GAMES, although you can vote for as many as you like (and every vote DOES count!) Please also vote for "Best Use of Theme", "Best Use Of Handicap" , "Best Presentation" and "Best DevBlog"

• NO talk of cheating in the Jam topics please. If anyone has any doubts about a post or a vote, then please REPORT the post or PM me with your thoughts and action will be taken accordingly.

So that's it I think... Take your time to play as many games as possible, but don't feel pressured to play them all, and we shall see you all here again in fifteen days time to see who has the honour of being the Jam winner this time around!

Good luck to everybody and thank you all so much for participating!!!!

Dan (stolen from Nocturne)

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#2 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

MUH VAWTS GAW TO (my votes go to):

1:Booty Warrior by Joh

2:Spiderbomb by Greenblizzard

3:White by TheGame

4:Moekira Massacre by Darkwalker247

5:Such Inheritance. Much Saga by Lune

6:A Boy and His Tub by Merceneries

7:Kraken Feed by Darzoz

8:PP the Pixel Pirate by KatipoGames

9:Epic Pirate Battle Simulator by Diptoman

10:Agent 22 And His Incredibly Ineffective Weapons by GameRoom

Games that contained ME: Le Mervielleux Detective P by Mr Magnus

I'll say how I'll review games. Every "review" will consist of one sentence and a rating (x/10) to save time and slime. I'll try to play and review all of the games but I might not be able to do so.

Reviews (I'll review the games from the bottom, based on no real criteria, just my own feelings (I could just say "useless reviews")):

Also, I might subtract score for not following the theme/handicap.

Spoiler

Edited by kepons, 11 February 2014 - 06:14 PM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#3 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

The following list-of-votes is based entirely on the end score of the reviews. In the case of a tie, I will use personal bias to select the game that goes first.

VOTES in descending order:

• Spiderbomb by Greenblizzard (21/30)
  • Ancient Pirahna Isle by Pixelade (12/30)
  • Super Pirate Ship by Yword (12/30)
  • Jolly Roger Solo Pirate by SnailMan
  • Somali Speedboat by RekNepZ (10/30)
  • The Legend Of The Floating Isles by ChessMasterRiley (08/30)
  • Pseudopirates by Goinbatty (06/30)
  • The Flying Dutchman by Nalleboern (05/30)
  • Candy Crushes Pirate Saga by RenegadeNinjaNL (04/30)

I will play a game until I clear it, ragequit, fearquit, or borequit (occurs after approx. 5 minutes of making no progress). I will not play games that requires installation.

OK, so here comes the reviews! In order of playing after randomization. Scratch that, there's no randomizer in the folder?? =[ Then I will attempt to randomize stuff on my own.

Short summary of review points:
Graphics - How good and fitting visuals the game has.
Sound - How good and fitting music and sound effects the game has.
Gameplay - How fun the game feels to play.

Replay value - How many 'addicting' things the game has, how much extra content to unlock, and so on.
Plot - How interesting and engaging the game's plot is.

Theme Usage - How well the game uses the theme.
Handicap Usage - How well the game uses the handicap.

First impression - The first thing the game made me think. Can earn a bonus point if the first impression is good enough.
Lasting Impression - What I could say about the game after playing, how I will remember it.
For The Sequel - Things that I'd like to see improved.

Theme and handicap are scored 0..2 points (0 = not used, 1 = used poorly, 2 = used well), others 0..5 points (0 = nonexist/clearly not a serious attempt, 1 = awful, 2 = poor, 3 = decent, 4 = good, 5 = awesome).

Here cometh the reviews, prepare to be disappointed!
=========================================================
Somali Speedboat     by RekNepZ  
Graphics:        1/5 Terribly blurry ships there, mate. The ships clashes with the waters' and the red ring thingies' style.
Sound:           4/5 Nice tune, could go well with some sound effects though.
Gameplay:        0/5 First of all, it's not clear which ship you're controlling. Secondly, if you fall behind it feels almost impossible to catch up since the NPCs make no mistakes.

Replay Value:    3/5 Quite a lot, you can experiment with ship style in order to suit your gameplay style and talent. Would be nice with separate 'time trial' and 'cup' modes, though, so you could practice alone for the best time in Time Trial then challenge the cup and see if you can come in 1st in all 4 races.
Plot:            0/5

Theme Usage:     0/2 No pirates. Naming it after Somalia isn't enough.
Handicap Usage:  2/2 Yep, this game lives is as 2D as it gets!

First impression: 0/1 
What, no title screen? ...oh, there it is. Cool effects, but poor input (graphics, font).

Lasting impression:
You know how to code, now learn how to draw!

For the sequel:

You know how to code, now learn how to draw!

Total score:           10/30

Spiderbomb     by Greenblizzard  
Graphics:        5/5 Really sweet things in a matching style. The spider webs are an awesome technical achievement that makes me jealous!
Sound:           5/5 A piano melody with seashore background noise and perfect sound effects for the job.
Gameplay:        5/5 The difficulty curve is a bit steep, it picks up quickly! I'm stuck at Lv.6 because I can't make enough web to stay alive at the balloon while it goes up. Maybe there's a trick involved. Anyway, the web mechanic allows for some really fun puzzles.

Replay Value:    0/5 You're forced to play through all the game content in order to beat it.
Plot:            2/5 Token plot, but the spiders are sooo cute! :3

Theme Usage:     1/2 Weakly used, and actually this game could've been set in a volcano or shopping mall with no impact on anything.
Handicap Usage:  2/2 Probably the best 2D tech I've seen it a while!

First impression: 1/1
Sweeeet! This could sell as a mobile game for sure.

Lasting impression:
I'm jealous on the spider web mechanics! This game is top 3 for sure!

For the sequel:
Smoother difficulty curve. It'd be fun with secret levels that could be unlocked by, say, collecting hidden dubloons scattered in the levels. Also, the game feels more like an action game than a puzzle game. Or maybe that was intentional?

BUG: Change to IJKL then back to arrows, and you control with IJKL instead of arrows.

Total score:           21/30

Candy Crushes Pirate Saga     by RenegadeNinjaNL  
Graphics:        1/5 Nice pirate, everything else is single-colored rectangles of far too big size.
Sound:           2/5 A drumtrack or something that sounds pretty OK, and you have sound effects too.
Gameplay:        0/5 Too little things to do early on, and the first enemy is almost impossible to evade! You gotta jump BEFORE it shoots in order to avoid such a fast projectile! Also the blocks that spawn when I shoot the block gun on something seem to spawn randomly near the block I hit rather than where I aimed at them.

Replay Value:    0/5 The levels are so empty you can't miss anything.
Plot:            0/5 All in the manual, and irrelevant to the gameplay.

Theme Usage:     0/2 A pirate in the middle of nowhere.
Handicap Usage:  1/2 It's 2D, I'll give you that.

Ugh. SO empty...

Lasting impression:
Seriously, that was a bad idea in Faxanadu, not a good idea.

For the sequel:
Add decoration tiles and more details. It's not fun to traverse mostly empty screens.

Total score:           04/30

Super Pirate Ship     by Yword  
Graphics:        5/5 Cool stylish style.
Sound:           3/5 Nice tune, but no sound effects.
Gameplay:        1/5 I get to the first cannonball, never past it. How big IS my hitbox? Also my score and coin-get never resets at Game Over.

Replay Value:    0/5 Nope. I guess.
Plot:            0/5 Nope.

Theme Usage:     1/2 A pirate ON THE SEA! I consider that valid weak use of theme.
Handicap Usage:  1/2 Yeah, 2D enough for 1 point.

Cool style. A bit empty.

Lasting impression:
Gah! The water physics, the cannonball and the thing that chases me are all conspiring to stop me from progressing!

For the sequel:
Longer warmup, slow down the game in general so you can see what things in front of you should be avoided.

Total score:           12/30

The Flying Dutchman     by Nallebeorn  
Graphics:        0/5 Terrible stew of mismatched stuff.
Sound:           1/5 Yep. The OOOOOOGH! sound when a skull steals your crew is very load and disturbing.
Gameplay:        2/5 Kinda OK, but stuff moves too fast compared to your movement and fire reload speed. Also, for a game that uses the mouse so much, it should start out in fullscreen! I got hitten a lot when accidentally clicking outside the window and moving focus to other windows.

Replay Value:    1/5 COuld probably be replayed if you like arcade games.
Plot:            0/5 You're supposed to read the book in order to get it?

Theme Usage:     0/2 The Flying Dutchman wasn't a pirate ship! Just a ghost ship.
Handicap Usage:  1/2 Yeah yeah, it's 2D after all.

Nice background, but the other things aren't.

Lasting impression:
Looks like someone's first game.

For the sequel:
Get ALL the graphics from the SAME source.

Total score:           05/30

Pseudopirates     by goinbatty  
Graphics:        1/5 Quite ugly sprites - and the graphics lack variety - but nice effects! I really like the lose-gold effect. The shop is awful (a bunch of rectangles and some text doesn't really make it feel like a shop... needs a shopkeeper! Needs... I dunno, more stuff), the title screen hurts my eyes (try using draw_text() to draw text instead of drawing on an image and stretch-to-fit it, and I'd prefer a title screen with a Play/Help/Quit over starting the game with a help screen), but the particles are fitting. With vector-graphics for the ships and stuff, this game could be awesome.
Sound:           1/5 Nice metal music, but it only plays in the first level.
Gameplay:        2/5 Surprisingly fun. But nothing new is ever introduced and it feels like you play the first level 4 times rather than 4 different levels.

Replay Value:    0/5 Nope, not even a highscore list. The game even quits when you have a Game Over, which is the equivalent of telling you "do not play again!".

Theme Usage:     1/2 Yeah, you steal gold from ships, so you're a pirate.
Handicap Usage:  1/2 It's clearly 2D.

Ugh! That aliased text...

Lasting impression:
Was that 4 levels or the same level 4 times?

For the sequel:
Have more variety in enemy ships (and obstacles you should avoid). Ships that shoot back, slow big obstacles apart from just fast small ones, speedy ships coming from below, and so on. And bosses would also be nice. Also, more things to spend your money on. And a pirate shopkeepr face so the shop feels more personal. 

Total score:           6/30

The Legend Of The Floating Isles     by ChessMasterRiley  
Graphics:        2/5 Awesome prerendered 3D sprites, decent vector graphics... EPIC STYLE CLASH.
Sound:           3/5 Nice cinematic opening/credit song, but in-game sound is more important. The sound effects are pretty OK, but I'd liked the game a lot more with some music.
Gameplay:        0/5 Go right, kill enemies. There's only one kind of enemy, and not only do you get enough pistol ammo to kill them effortlessly without wiping the cutlass out, you also get enough health to have them be a non-threath. Actually, you can just jump over them all like they were not there. :| Also, the money is never a challenge to obtain, it's always right on the path you're supposed to walk. There are no bonus zones or anything. The game just won't make you feel engaged.

Replay Value:    0/5 There's nothing you possibly can miss on your first playthrough.
Plot:            0/5 No effort.

Theme Usage:     1/2 Yep, she's a pirate for sure.
Handicap Usage:  1/2 Yep, it's 2D for sure.

BLIMEY!!! You made this in 3 days?!

Lasting impression:
Yup, you made it in 3 days... and focused on the wrong things.

For the sequel:
Either vectorize Lady Christina and the werevolves, or prerender the Floating Isles. And steal some bonus room know-how from the Mario games, or at least make multiple paths (one with coins, one without) so there's more to do in the levels than moving right and cutlassing.

Total score:           8/30

Jolly Roger Solo Pirate     by SnailMan  
Graphics:        2/5 Good try and there's clearly a lot of work put down in them, but they still lack something.
Sound:           0/5 Nope.
Gameplay:        1/5 You, and all enemies, move WAAAAY to fast. It's very easy to get killed before you've even got a chance to react!! Nice idea with all the equipment, though - I miss this insane customization in games made in 72 *weeks*, but here it is in a game made in 72 *days*. It's also hard to navigate the menu, it took a while before I realized I should select eyepatch and so on before I could continue. In the tutorial, I tried right clicking with no feedback on whether the parrot was released or not, then suddenly all the enemies swarmed me with no warning. (Guess they were knocked out, but they didn't look knocked out!). More visual feedback thx.

Replay Value:    3/5 Lots! Your equipment each has pros and cons. You can replay the game with different equipment for a drastically different experience (as in, you can do different things before the enemies kill you without warning).
Plot:            0/5

Theme Usage:     2/2 Used well!
Handicap Usage:  1/2 Used.

Pixels... yes. Art... no.

Lasting impression:
OMG WHAT HAPPENED WHY ARE ALL THE ENEMIES SWARMING ME SO QUICKLY WHAT IS THE TITLE SCREEN DOING THERE?!

For the sequel:
Slow down movement so this game actually get playable.

Total score:           9/30

Ancient Pirahna Isle     by Pixelade  
Graphics:        3/5 Fairly suitable, fairly well-matched. The score font is a bit too small, hard to read.
Sound:           2/5 Needs more music. The coin sound gets a bit grating over time, you could have different sound from different fish.
Gameplay:        3/5 Fun and frantic once you get into it. Things move a bit fast to keep control, especially the pirahna jump attack caught me off-guard the first time... and the second time... and still is so fast you can't react once it starts jumping. You should slow down the game.

Replay Value:    2/5 If you like to chase high scores, there's some. It would be nice with a smoother difficulty curve, though, and new fishes getting introduced over time for variety.

Theme Usage:     1/2 You play as a pirate... right?
Handicap Usage:  1/2 Uses a grand total of 2 dimensions.

Bah, the default info screen instead of a title screen? :[

Lasting impression:
Surprisingly fun for a game that gives a so bad first impression! :)

For the sequel:
Slow things down, both your movement, hook movement, and fish movement. use a title screen with a play/highscores/help/quit menu, and introduce things at a slower pace. Like, start off with 1 pirahna, then add a new pirahna once per 30 seconds or so. Also I'd like some hectic background chiptune.

Total score:           12/30

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#4 rui.rosario

rui.rosario

Membery Member

• GMC Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

~ Ranking ~

~ Votes ~

1. [29 / 35] 1999 <> the ch8t
  2. [26 / 35] Aarrh! <> chance
  3. [25 / 35] The Pirate That Snook <> TerraFriedSheep
  4. [24 / 35] Pirate Puzzles <> Alice & smash ball
  5. [23 / 35] Galleon Force <> Blake
  6. [22 / 35] Pseudo Pirates <> Goinbatty
  7. [21 / 35] The LEGEND OF THE FLOATING ISLES <> Chessmasterriley
  8. [20 / 35] A Boy and his Tub <> Mercerenies
  9. [18 / 35] Treasure Hunt <> benf2
  10. [17 / 35] HIGH SEAS <> Sirham ||| Smooth Sailing <> 2create
  11. ...

~ Reviews ~

Spoiler

NOTE: If it feels like I've been to harsh on your review when compared to others it is nothing personal, I simply have more things to say about some games than others. Also, when I get reviewed I like people that are direct and stone cold reviewers, for good or bad, so that's how I try to be when reviewing. My reviews will focus on 7 different categories adapted from Yal: graphics, sound, gameplay, replay value, story, theme, handicap. Each awarded from 0 to 5. Even though the system is the same the considerations for each category is different. The Overall ranking is the ranking based on the reviews voting, being each other ranking my personal preference. When voting I will have my personal preference into account along with the overall ranking, so even if I like the last ranked game the most it won't be the one getting my vote (most likely). If you have something to say about my reviews or just a more thorough review of your game feel free to PM me.

I WON'T BE ABLE TO FINISH THE REVIEWS AS MY UNIVERSITY SCHEDULE WHILE LIGHT REQUIRES A LOT OF WORK DONE BETWEEN CLASSES, IF YOU WANT MY OPINION PM ME AND I'LL TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR GAME AND GIVE A DETAILED OPINION.

Edited by rui.rosario, 07 February 2014 - 02:39 PM.

Remember me as the one who can't be remembered

#5 CrazyGuyGames

CrazyGuyGames

YYGF Member

• GMC Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Reviweing some games atm.

CrazyGuyGames Vote Posts.

I will take the time to review and give a raiting every game, they will be rated and reviewed as I play them, while I'm waiting the main zip I already have downloaded some games :).

How my review works:

The game is reviewed as a normal game would be, because the challenge is making something great in 3 days so 72 hours fo rme is not an excuse.

While I do this theres only 1 thing I let pass, the length of the game, other than that hahaha good luck...

Story is also not taken into consideration but I will review it as well as give a raiting to length but they don't affect the result

Please note that I will treat every game equally so just because I say something harsh about your game doesn't means I didn't said something equal to other games.

Please don't hate me for my reviews, I'm trying to be as proffesional as possible and like I said I'm raiting them as I would rate a normal game.

Important: The lines you see next to the names mean nothing they just help me divide each review as editing this post with that much text is hard!

Reviews are currently being processed please be patient for your game to appear

Epic Pirate Battle Simulator(That isn't so simulator) 8/10 by Diptoman---------

Spoiler

SuperPirateShip 8/10 by Yword

Spoiler

Kraken Feed 7/10 by Darzoz-------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Ye Legend of Ye Pirate Princess 7/10 by Yal------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Tiny Pirate Captain 7/10 by GameDevDevan------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

The Legend Floating islands 6/10 by Chessmasterriley-----------------------------------

Spoiler

Galleon Force 6/10- by Blake-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Jolly Roger Solo Pirate 5/10 by Snail_Man----------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Ahhr! - by Chance 5/10----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Wings, Pirates of the sky 4.5/10 by Mike_xDarkx-----------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Drunk Pirates vs Drunk Musketers 4.2/10 by Kepons

Spoiler

1999 4.5/10 by The ch8t-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Messin with the Pirates 4/10 by Overloaded------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Edited by CrazyGuyGames, 29 January 2014 - 07:10 PM.

AZGIWjf.png

aSzDlXB.png

#6 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Spoiler

My votes go (in this order, not ordered by their score) to

• Pirobot - Syntaxibles (scored 50 points)
  • Flabby Blubberin' Football - Detective Pixel (scored 54 points)
  • Well Cut Lass - NAL (scored 49 points)
  • Spiderbomb - Greenblizzard (scored 53 points)
  • Ye Legend of ye Pirate Princess - Yal (scored 53 points)
  • Jeff - Squarebit (scored 50 points)
  • Kidnapped Treasure - Programmer5 (scored 51 points)
  • Moonlight - TheM (scored 51 points)
  • Such Inheritance, Much Saga - Lune (scored 48 points)
  • Epic Pirate Battle Simulator - Diptoman (scored 55 points)
  • Booty Warrior - Joh (scored 52 points)
  • Tiny Pirate Captain - GameDevDan (scored 49 points)
  • 1999 - TheCh8t (scored 52 points)
  • SPISWSLAR - JackOatley (scored 42 points)
  • Pirate Swordfight - Beaver (scored 42 points)
  • White - TheGame (scored 47 points)
  • Jolly Roger Solo Pirate - SnailMan (scored 40 points)
  • Aarrh - Chance (scored 46 points)
  • The Legend of the Floating Isles - Chessmasterriley (scored 53 points)
  • Drunk Pirates vs Drunk Musketeers - Kepons (scored 48 points)
  • Ancient Piranha Isle - Pixelade (scored 44 points)
  • GalleonForce - Blake (scored 48 points)
  • Parrot Thief - ShadowLancer (scored 45 points)
  • Agent 22 and his incredibly ineffective weapons - GameRoom (scored 46 points)
  • Kraken Feed - Darzoz (scored 47 points)
  • High Seas - Sirham (scored 45 points)
  • Wings, Pirates of the Sky - MikeDark_x (scored 42 points)
  • Super Pirate Ship - Yword (scored 44 points)
  • The Pirate That Snook - TerraFriedSheep (scored 44 points)
  • For a reasonable sum of cash - nvrogers (scored 46 points)
  • Captain John - GVMakesGames (scored 47 points)
  • The Pixel Pirate - KatipoGames (scored 40 points)
  • The Flying Dutchman - Nallebeorn (scored 48 points)
  • Pirate Puzzles - Alice and smash ball (scored 41 points)
  • Candy Crushes Pirate Saga - Renegadeninjanl (scored 40 points)

Best Use Of Theme - Pirobot by Syntaxibles
Best Use Of Handicap - Flabby Blubberin' Football by DetectivePixel.
Best Presentation - The Legend of the Floating Isles by chessmasterriley
Best Devblog - Such Inheritance, Much Saga by Lune

Other Best Of's and Honorable Mentions

Spoiler

Reviews: (71/71)

Spoiler

A few things that annoyed me with multiple games:
- Starting in full-screen
- No clear way to exit the game in every screen, directly or indirectly.
- Very loud sounds. Try to compare them to something you know has reasonable volume, such as a youtube video by a celebrity.
- Forced long waits between dialogue lines, levels, etc.
- Too short of a time between dialogue lines, levels, etc.

Edited by 2Create, 11 February 2014 - 11:38 AM.

SjtGd5d.png  This forum is archived. The above content may not reflect my opinion any longer.  SjtGd5d.png

#7 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

FINAL DECISION:
My votes go to
1. Moonlight by The M

Spoiler

2. Epic Pirate Battle Simulator by Diptoman

Spoiler

3. such inheritance. much saga by Lune
<see in Pretty Shiny Reviews, somewhere near the end>

4. Spiderbomb by Greenblizzard

Spoiler

5. Ye Legend of Ye Pirate Princess by Yal

Spoiler

6. Flabby-Blubberin' Football by Detective Pixel
(for the very concept of juggling on plank to amuse the captain)
<check review in Pretty Shiny Reviews, somewhere near the end>

Best Use Of Theme: Epic Pirate Battle Simulator by Diptoman
Best Use Of Handicap: White by thegame
Best Presentation: Epic Pirate Battle Simulator by Diptoman
Best Devblog: such inheritance. much saga by Lune

Pretty shiny reviews of whatever I played:
(reviews from consecutive posts in games topic until post #16, Whale Island by nightswim & bspeed & atonl
+ both dadio games, because they were easy to review)
Spoiler

Edited by Alice, 12 February 2014 - 10:29 PM.

LShy6C6.png

#8 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

ReallyRealReviews_GilligansIsland.png

My votes go to:

1. Moonlight by The M( 12 points )

2. Aarrh! by chance( 11 points )
  3. Kraken Feed by Darzoz( 11 points )
  4. Flying Dutchman, The by Nallebeorn( 11 points )
  5. Such Inheritance, Much Saga by Lune( 11 points )
  6. 1999 by the ch8t( 11 points )

7. Spiderbomb by Greenblizzard( 10 points )
  8. Pirate That Snook, The by TerraFriedSheep( 10 points )
  9. Galleon Force by Blake( 10 points )
  10. Shadow of the Sea by Gizmo199( 10 points )
  11. Siem And The Catcaptains by Tum( 10 points )
  12. Space Pirates In Space With Space Lazers And Rihanna by JackOatley & Co.( 10 points )

13. White by thegame( 9 points )
  14. Parrot Thief by Shadow_Lancer( 9 points )
  15. Drunk Pirates vs Drunk Muskateers by kepons( 9 points )
  16. Epic Pirate Battle Simulator by Diptoman (& team)( 9 points )
  17. Legend of the Floating Isles, The by Chessmasterriley( 9 points )
  18. Flabby-Blubberin' Football by Detective Pixel( 9 points )
  19. Jeff by Squarebit( 9 points )
  20. Kidnapped Treasure by programmer5( 9 points )
  21. Fun Pirates by GlueGuy( 9 points )

22. Le merveilleux détective P: by mr magnus( 8 points )
  23. Caribbian Trail by Feerple( 8 points )

24. Somali Speedboat by RekNepZ(7 points)
  25. Treasure Hunt by benf2( 7 points )
  26. Jolly Roger Solo Pirate by Snail_Man( 7 points )
  27. Piratic Skies by DANT3( 7 points )
  28. Agent 22 (And His Incredibly Ineffective Weapons) by GameRoom( 7 points )

29. Captain John by GVmakesGames( 6 points )
  30. Destroyer of the Skies (DotS) by cancan460( 6 points )
  31. Smooth Sailing by 2Create( 6 points )
  32. Super Pirate Ship by Yword( 6 points )
  33. Pirate Swordfight by Beaver( 6 points )
  34. Ye Olde Pirate Ship by MitchBrits15( 6 points )

35. Well Cut Lass by NAL( 5 points )
  36. Devil's Triangle, The by Brano000( 5 points )

37. Candy Crushes Pirate Saga by renegadeninjanl( 4 points )
  38. Happy Candy Pirates by Greg Squire( 4 points )
  39. Navigo by buddy5( 4 points )
  40. Adventures Of The Roy Boat by Mercerenies( 4 points )
  41. Deck Sweeper by MishMash( 4 points )

42. Ancient Piranha Isle by Pixelade( 2 points )

GMC Jam Best Of's

Best Use Of Theme - The M
Best Use Of Handicap - Detective Pixel
Best Presentation - Chessmasterriley

Brackish and Bodacious Best Of's
These are the games that are highlighted and deemed as 'special' in the HayMan universe.  (Is that a good thing or a bad thing?)

Spoiler

Really Real Reviews

How I'm voting and rating:
Spoiler

As per usual, I will be playing and reviewing all entries.  Please note that my votes are based on my personal opinion regarding gameplay, art, etc.  The criticism is intended to be constructive.
Good Luck to everyone!!

My apologies for being brutally honest.

Reviews & Ratings:     ( 47 / 72 -- that's all I'm doing.  Sorry if I didn't get to yours.  If I didn't and you'd like a review, PM me your request and I will.  Also, if there are any questions about the reviews I have done, I am open-minded and welcome your PMs for discussion.)
Spoiler

Edited by HayManMarc, 13 February 2014 - 12:43 AM.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#9 Detective Pixel

Detective Pixel

GMC Dancer

• GMC Member
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Title.png

Version 2.0

Standard voting template: Making GameDevDan's Life easier.

Warning: Votes go to games that were most fun to me.

My votes go to

Spider Bomb - GreenBlizzard 
Moonlight - The M
Princess Pirates - YAL
Gold Wars - Crazyguygames
Pirate Puzzles - Alice and Smashball
Le Merveilleux Detective - Mr Magnus
1999 - The Ch8t
Ye Olde Pirate Ship - Tum
Such Inheritance Much Saga - Lune
Agnet22 - GameRoom
Piratic Skies - Dant3
Well Cut Lass - NAL
JEFF - SquareBit 
Shadow of the Sea - Gizmo199
Galleon Force - Blake
Pirate vs Ninjas - Dadio

Best Use Of Theme - Ch8t
Best Use Of Handicap - Alice and Smashball
Best Presentation - NAL
Best Devblog - Mr. Magnus

-Top 3 Reviews-

Spider Bomb - GreenBlizzard 

This is a great game! A very unique mechanic and very well done! Awesome Job!

Moonlight - The M

Very cool platformer with a twist. The story is excellent!

Princess Pirate - YAL

This world is huge! I could of never done this in 72 hours. Though it is a little bit basic, it has lots of stuff to do.

Well done!

(Sorry I didn't do everyone's reviews. I am worn out and lazy. Though I still might do more until the voting ends.)

Example of a review:

DP%20-%20Example.png

New Reviews!

GMC%20Reviews%20%233.png

Older Reviews:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Detective Pixel, 01 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

PIXEL_Archive.png

#10 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

I'm not going to do reviews this time, but I will vote.

1. Such Inheritance | Lune

2. Kidnapped Treasure | Programmer5

3. Jeff | Squarebit

4. Captain John | GVmakesGames

5. Pirobots | Syntaxibles

These votes will probably change in the future.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#11 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Exkakx's Reviews! 

2create - Smooth Sailing

Spoiler

Edited by Exkakx, 09 February 2014 - 06:55 AM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#12 ThunkGames

ThunkGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

28a58k7.png

My Rating Scale:

Spoiler

Status - Happy that some one reviewed my game (Although not overjoyed by the fact that I got two 5/10s)

All Ratings:
Spoiler

Final Votes:

Spoiler

All Games Reviewed: (For Ctrl+F page searching)
Flabby-Blubberin' Football, DPVDM, High Seas, Booty Warrior, A Boy and his Tub, Well Cut Lass

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I planned to review everyone's game, but I ended up being insanely busy this week and the following week.

Edited by ThunkGames, 31 January 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#13 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Votes

1. Greenblizard - Spiderbomb
  2. Detective Pixel - Flabby Blubberin Foot Ball
  3. Lune - Such Inheritance
  4. Dazroz - Kraken Feed
  5. Joh -Booty Warrior
  6. Gamedevdan - Tiny Pirate Capitan
  7. Alice and smashball- Pirate Puzzles
  8. Diptoman - Epic pirate battle simulateor
  9. Crazygames guy- Gold Wars
  10. TheM - Moonlight
  11. Yal - ye legend
  12. Nallebeorne - Flying Dutchman
  13. Kepons - DPVDM
  14. Dant3 - Piratic Skies

REVIEWS:
Spoiler

Edited by the ch8t, 13 February 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#14 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I was supposed to make some circular visual representations of what was good in each game, but time is running out so I will make this quick. I am sorry if I didn't played much games, a lot of games looked interesting beside those I tested though, so good job to everyone who particiapted in the Jam :)

1st place: Spiderbomb - by GreenBlizzard

2nd place: The Legend of the Floating Isles - by chessmasterriley

3rd place: Fun Pirates - by GlueGuy

Spiderbomb by GreenBlizzard - 15/20

Good graphics, original and fun gameplay. My favorite among the games I played.

The Legend of the Floating Isles by chessmasterriley - 14/20

Nice but not completely consistent visuals, game mechanics were smooth but the game wasn't much challenging. Still a good entry overall.

Fun Pirates by GlueGuy - 12/20

Average entry, but I found myself playing longer than most other games.

For A Reasonable Sum of Cash by nvrogers - 10/20

PP The Pixel Pirate by KatipoGames - 11/20

Kraken Feed by Darzoz - 10/20

Cargo Dog by HayManMarc - 11/20

The Flying Dutchman by Nallebeorn - 10/20

The Pirate That Snook by TerraFriedSheep -  11/20

Edited by newkill, 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#15 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

wirrd3.png

This is Misu's SET of APPROVAL! I'll be playing the most Jam entries I can and review them to see if I set my approval to any of them. Each review that haves a stamp on them will be considered as my vote.

Now I'll be updating this post for more of my latest reviews and votes, and in the end, I'll give my final vote for the best categories. For those without a stamp means they didnt do a good job on theme, handicap, devblog, presentation, and entertainment combine (in my perspective).

NEW UPDATE: 1/29/14 New reviews are in, but more to come.

NEW UPDATE: 1/30/14 More reviews

NEW UPDATE: 2/ 8 /14 Some more reviews and a change

Couldn't review anymore games, didn't had the time to so I'm gonna give my final vote to those I already reviewed; sorry.

Reviews:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Final Votes:

Spoiler

Good Luck, y'all! ;)

Edited by Misu, 12 February 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#16 nightswim

nightswim

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

This will be where my votes shall go =)

GMC JAM # 13 ENTRY: WHALE ISLAND 

GRAPHICS BY BSPEED, DESIGN & PROGRAMMING BY NIGHTSWIM, MUSIC BY ATONL, SOME STUFF ORIGINALLY BY 1987

http://www.nightswim...swim_bspeed.exe

WhaleIsland.png

Gmc_Jam_13_BannerLong_zpsf4626dee.png

#17 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

ULT'S TEMPORARY BLAND TITLE OF REVIEWNESS!

Everyone else has a logo, so why not?

It's that time again! Woot! Yes, it's time for Ult's 'ole Jam copypasta intro post!

The way I review Jam games is based mostly on “HOW AWESOME WAS THE CONCEPT?” followed closely by “How well was it done/how fun is it?” cause as we all know, everyone’s totally rushed when they’re doing one of these 72-hour things and the execution sometimes doesn’t quite match what you envisioned. (so in other words, don’t mind too much if I complain about the controls lol.) I believe that creating something different and taking risks is more important than sticking to the same tried-and-true formula with a few changes. There's a trade-off between polish/completeness and innovation, and I don't think that doing something outside your norms should count against you.

Sorry, no more requests for this Jam!

I will play, rate, and vote on all the games as usual, but the reviews themselves are by PM request. There are two reasons: 1) I'll run out of time if I review every game, and 2) I'd rather write a few detailed reviews that will be meaningful to the the reviewee, rather than 70 short reviews that might not get read. All I ask of you if I review your game is to reply and let me know your thoughts on it. And please reply with more than one sentence, these reviews aren't short to write! The reviews will be edited into this post.

Oh, and let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like me to mention!

Good luck everyone!

CURRENT QUEUE: 9/10 done (SHADOW OF THE SEA doesn't work)

Spoiler

GAMES THAT DON'T WORK: My computer and shaders really don't get along.
Spoiler

PLAYED GAMES: Let me know if I've missed yours!
Spoiler

TOP 25 26: Subject to change if I can find shaderless versions of certain games!
Spoiler

Edited by TheUltimate, 11 February 2014 - 07:53 AM.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#18 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

LukanSpellweaver's amazing reviews!

20/73? reviews live HERE.

My top 3 will get posted here when I'm finished reviewing them all.

1st

---

2nd

---

3rd

---

Honourable Mentions

Spoiler

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 31 January 2014 - 05:46 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#19 Katipo007

Katipo007

• GMC Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Katipo's Reviews!

"Nothing Fancy, just reviews!"

I'm downloading the file tonight (faster), so this is ready for tomorrow!

It didn't come with a randomizer, can't be bothered making my own :P so i'm playing though in order

EDIT:

I have become busy so I don't think I will be able to play them all :(

I shall either pick randomly or make my own randomizer

Hopefully I shall get some more done

Currently: Away (aka Not reviewing right now)

My Votes:

Spoiler

REVIEWS:

Spoiler

MY REVIEW TEMPLATE:

Spoiler

Edit:

Spoiler

Edited by Katipo Games, 01 February 2014 - 07:17 PM.

"let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

I do not need to fear anything; for if the God of all, who created and cares for everything is for me, who or what can be against me.

#20 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

HjHDMoX.png

ALL REVIEWS: http://imgur.com/a/8R9ge#0

SINGLE REVIEWS:

Spoiler

Edited by Sirham, 29 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

#21 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

My votes go to:
  • Greenblizzard - Spiderbomb
  • Yal - Ye Legend of ye Pirate Princess
  • Snail Man - Jolly Roger Solo Pirate
  • The Ch8t - 1999
  • TerraFriedSheep - The Pirate that Snook
  • Joh - Booty Warrior
  • Darzoz - Kraken Feed
  • Tum - Siem and the Cat Captains
  • Game Dev Dan - Tiny Pirate Captain
  • Kepons - Drunk Pirates vs. Drunk Musketeers
  • NVRogers - For a Reasonable Sum of Cash
  • Diptoman - Epic Pirate Battle Simulator
  • Alice & Smashball - Pirate Puzzles
  • Shadow Lancer - Parrot Thief
  • Squarebit - Jeff
  • DANT3 - Piratic Skies
  • Detective Pixel - Flabby Blubberin' Football
  • HayManMarc - CargoDog
  • RoflStompz - Pirate Souls
  • The M - Moonlight
  • Crazy Guy Games - Gold Wars
  • Goin' Batty - Pseudo Pirates
  • NAL - Well Cut Lass
  • Blake - Galleon Force
  • RekNepZ - Somali Speedboat
  • Gizmo199 - Shadow of the Sea
  • 2Create - Smooth Sailing
  • Mercerenies - A Boy and His Tub
  • MikeDark_X - Wings, Pirates of the Sky
  • Mr. Magnus - Le Merveilleux Detective
  • Syntaxibles - Pirobots
Best Use Of Theme - CrazyGuyGames
Best Use Of Handicap - TheCh8t
Best Presentation - Tum
Best Devblog - Squarebit

Reviews for 2Create, Alice & Smashball, Beaver, Benf2, Blake, Brainstorm, Brano000, Buddy 5, cancan460, Chance, Chaotic Beta, Chessmaster Riley, Crazy Guy Games, Dadio, DANT3, Darkwalker 247, Darzoz, Detective Pixel, Diptoman, Exkakx, Feerple, Game Dev Dan, GameRoom, Gizmo199, Glue Guy, Goin' Batty, Greenblizzard, Greg Squire, GV Makes Games, HayManMarc, Jack Oatley, Joh, Katipo Games, Kepons, Lukan Spellweaver, Mercerenies, MikeDark_X, MishMash, Mitch Brits 15, Moon489, Mott, Mr. Magnus

Spoiler

continued in part 2 which has the rest of the reviews

Edited by Lune, 01 February 2014 - 10:09 AM.

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#22 NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1061 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:25 AM

My Review

1. such inheritance. much saga - Lune

2. The Legend of the Floating Isles - Chessmasterriley

3. 1999 - the ch8t

Best Use Of Theme - Lune

Best Use Of Handicap - 1999

I didn't vote on the other 2 :P

This forum is archived. The above may not reflect my current opinion, or may be irrelevant now.

#23 Skiliner

Skiliner

Da noodlemaster

• 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

After spending some solid time playing the games that interested me, I can say my favorites were honestly a three way tie between Siem and the Catcaptains for bringing back my childhood spent playing badly animated Flash games on the internet, Tiny Pirate Captain because it was cute, well made and incredibly addicting, a la Super Meat Boy, or old school games on the original DS. The last one I liked was the Twerking game by Dadio (Not sure what the real name is) and that was just brutally hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.
So to break it down,
Best use of theme: Twerkin on the High Seas
Best use of handicap: Tiny Pirate Captain by far
Most fun? Siem and the Catcaptains tied with TPC by GameDevDan
So I will be editing this post later once I get to play Lune's game after work today, to see if that deserves the official top spot or not. Will keep you guys updated.

#24 Boysano

Boysano

GMS Pro Member

• GMC Member
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Best game:
]Best use of theme: Pirates
Best handicap: must be 2D
All the above go to game " Kidnapped Treasure" - by #programmer5

Edited by Boysano, 29 January 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#25 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Jam #13 Reviews
(D'oh!)

Extremely sorry to all those whose games I couldn't play due to lack of time, I'm just putting up the games I've played. Note that all of the games I've voted for haven't been reviewed below either (but most of them have been, including the top games).

Best Ofs
Best Presentation - Spiderbomb [Greenblizzard]
Best Use Of Theme - 1999 [the ch8t]
Best Use Of Handicap - Flabby Blubberin' Football [Detective Pixel] / White [thegame]
Best Devlog - Lune / Squarebit

Final Ranks

• Spiderbomb [Greenblizzard] - 9.5/10
  • Moonlight [The M] - 9/10
  • Super Pirate Ship [Yword] - 9/10
  • Jeff [Squarebit] - 8.5/10
  • Shadow Of The Sea [Gizmo199] - 8.5/10
  • Flabby Blubberin' Football [Detective Pixel] - 8.5/10
  • Pirate Puzzles [Alice and smash ball] - 8.5/10
  • such inheritence. much saga. [Lune] - 8/10
  • Galleon Force [Blake] - 8/10
  • Drunk Pirates vs Drunk Musketeers [kepons] - 7.5/10
  • Tiny Pirate Captain [GameDevDan] - 7.5/10
  • Gold Wars [CrazyGuyGames] - 7/10
  • Well Cut Lass [NAL] - 7/10
  • Booty Warrior [Joh] - 7/10
  • Ye Legend Of Ye Pirate Princess [Yal] - 7/10
  • White [thegame] - 7/10
  • Kraken Feed [Darzoz] - 7/10
  • SPISWSLAR [JackOatley] - 7/10
  • Jolly Roger: Solo Pirate [Snail_Man] - 7/10
  • Pirobots [syntaxibles] - 7/10
  • The pirate that snook [Terrafriedsheep] - 7/10
  • Piratic Skies [DANT3] - 7/10
  • Parrot Thief [Shadow Lancer] - 7/10
  • For A Reasonable Sum Of Cash [nvrogers] - 7/10
  • Cargo Dog [HayManMarc] - 7/10
  • Moekira Massacre and Moekira Massacre Psychosis [darkwalker247] - 6.5/10
  • Captain John [GVmakesGames] - 6.5/10
  • Kidnapped Treasure [programmer5] - 6.5/10
  • 1999 [the ch8t] - 6.5/10
  • The Flying Dutchman [Nalleoborn] - 6.5/10
  • The Legend Of The Floating Isles [Chessmasterriley] - 6/10
  • Siem and the Catcaptains [Tum] - 6/10
  • Aarhh [chance] - 6/10
  • Le Marveilleux Detective P. [mr magnus] - 6/10
  • Pirate Swordfight [Beaver] - 6/10
  • A Boy and His Tub [Mercenaries] - 6/10
  • Lieutenant Swell [LukanSpellweaver] - 6/10
  • PP The Pixel Pirate [Katipo Games] - 6/10
  • B.Coughlin's - [ThunkGames] - 6/10
  • Ancient Piranha Isle [Pixelade] - 5.5/10
  • Fun Pirates [Glue Guy] - 5/10
  • Wings - Pirates Of The Sky [MikeDark_x] - 5/10
  • Destroyer Of The Skies [cancan460] - 5/10
  • Caribbian Trail [Feerple] - 4.5/10
  • Bread Defense [Brainstorm] - 4.5/10
  • Agent 22 and his Incredibly Ineffective Weapons [GameRoom] - 4/10
  • Pirate Dreamy Thing [moon489] - 3.5/10

Reviews [Digit]*[A-E]

Spoiler

Reviews [F-L]
Spoiler

Reviews [M-R]
Spoiler

Reviews [S-T]
Spoiler

Reviews [U-Z]
Spoiler

[PS: All of you have done an excellent job, don't let anything here discourage you!]

Edited by Diptoman, 11 February 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#26 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I apologize for not having the time to rate your games.

1st place: all games

Edited by Shadowrend, 11 February 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#27 thegame

thegame

OinkIguana

• GMC Member
  • 1549 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

My votes go to
  • such inheritance. much saga - Lune
  • Ye Legend of Ye Pirate Princess - Yal
  • Epic Pirate Battle Simulator - Diptoman
  • Drunk Pirates vs Drunk Musketeers - kepons
  • 1999 - the ch8t
  • Moonlight - The M
  • Parrot Thief - Shadow_Lancer
  • Flabby-Blubberin' Football - Detective Pixel
  • Tiny Pirate Captain - GameDevDan
  • The Pirate That Snook - TerraFriedSheep
  • Well Cut Lass - NAL
  • Captain John - GVmakesGames
  • Spiderbomb - Greenblizzard
  • Jeff - Squarebit
  • Galleon Force - Blake
  • Pirate Puzzles - Alice and smash ball
  • Shadow of the sea - Gizmo199
  • Super Pirate Ship - Yword
  • Booty Warrior - Joh
  • Pirate Swordfight - Beaver
  • The Flying Dutchman - Nallebeorn
  • PP The Pixel Pirate - Katipo Games
  • Gold Wars - CrazyGuyGames
  • Space Pirates In Space With Space Lazers And Rihanna - JackOatley
  • Moekira Massacre - Darkwalker247
  • The Legend of the Floating Isles - Chessmasterriley
  • Kraken Feed - Darzoz
  • Sweet Pirates - MikeDark_X
  • Jolly Roger: Solo Pirate - Snail_Man
  • Siem and the catcaptains - Tum
  • Agent 22 and his Incredibly Ineffective Weapons - GameRoom
  • Fun Pirates - GlueGuy
  • Le merveilleux détective - mr magnus
  • Lieutenant Swell - LukanSpellweaver
  • Kidnapped Treasure - programmmer5
  • Happy Candy Pirates - Greg Squire
  • A Boy and his Tub - Mercerenies
  • The Devil's Triangle - Brano000
  • Pseudo Pirates - Goinbatty
  • Ancient Piranha Isle - Pixelade
  • Wings: Pirates of the Sky - MikeDark_X
  • For A Reasonable Sum Of Cash - nvrogers
  • Aarrh! - Chance
  • Shoot The Parrot - rui.rosario
  • Cargo Dog - HayManMarc
  • Somali Speedboat - RekNepZ
  • Whale Island - nightswim + bspeed + atonl
  • Destroyer of the Skies - cancan460
  • Candy Crushes Pirate Saga - renegadeninjanl
  • Deck Sweeper - MishMash
  • Pirobot - syntaxibles
  • High Seas - Sirham
  • Ye' Old Pirate Ship - MitchBrits15
  • Piratic Skies - DANT3
  • Smooth Sailing - 2Create
  • Caribbean Trail - Feerple
  • Messin' with the Pirates - Overloaded
  • Pirate Souls - Roflstompz
  • B. Coughlin's - ThunkGames
  • Brain Pirate Legacy - Exkakx
  • Pirate Dreamy Thing - moon489
  • Ocean Tale - TheAlvaMC
  • Bread Defense - brainstorm
  • Art Exhibit V1 - Mott
  • Navigo - buddy5
  • The Prerogative Backers - chaoticbeta
  • Treasure Hunt - benf2
  • Pirates vs Ninjas, Zombies, Robots & Schoolgirls!!! - dadio
  • Roy the Short: Boats of War - smash ball
  • Adventures of Roy the Boat - Mercerenies
  • Twerkin'! Yaaar! - Dadio
Best Use Of Theme - Snail_Man
Best Use Of Handicap - N/A
Best Presentation - Lune
Best Devblog - Lune

Last time I reviewed too hard and nobody scored over 38/60. This time I will be a little less harsh. (Edit: It seems to be very little.) Other than that I'm ranking them the same as last Jam. First by score (See marking scheme below), then just whichever I liked better if there's a tie. Generally the score is quite reflective of my enjoyment of the game as well, not just the technical aspects.

So far 4 games have Roy in them... He seems important this year.
What's with pirates and candy? Is this a common fact, or is it a Candy Crush copyright thing?
Also 3 games have online highscores. I guess TerraFriedSheep's idea rubbed off on you guys. It's a good idea. I like it.

General notes for all entries:
  • Walking should not be so slow or so fast. Some of these games I can't control the character, and others I'm waiting way too long to travel.
  • Make sure menu buttons have some sort of mouse over mouse down thing. It feels gross when they don't.
  • Try and get at least some sound for your game. Even just throw in a few songs you found on your computer at the last second like I did. It really changes the feeling of a game.
  • Don't save it as an installer. It's so much more work to delete afterwards if you do that.
I hear from your reviews that a lot of you didn't like the ending to my game... That is understandable. It was thrown in last second to make it "completed" game. It was not planned that way. What is planned is that I make it longer and add more gameplay and a better ending. Sorry if it has disappointed you...

Reviews in order played: (72/72)
Spoiler

Marking scheme:
Spoiler

Edited by thegame, 12 February 2014 - 11:26 PM.

Examples: Inventory and Shop Example ||| Dialog System with messages, questions, input and more ||| Old dialog box example (May not work in new versions of GM:Studio)
Jam Games: 11: Abby and Elliot - 21st place ||| 12: Forks - 16th place ||| 13: White - 19th place
Completed games: White

#28 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Votes

Spoiler

Short Comments
Spoiler

Edited by RekNepZ, 12 February 2014 - 10:54 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#29 The M

The M

Friendly Bush Thing

• GMC Member
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Votes:

Spoiler

Reviews: (All done!)

How my reviews work - by: me (duh)

Spoiler

List of reviews: (sorted after creator. Only A to P fit in this post, the rest are in a later post)

Spoiler