#1 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

MRyDa.png

Warning: Intense violence contained in this spoiler!!
Spoiler

Genre: Action, Arcade
Tools: GM, CGMusic, Synthfont
Description: You are a deranged girl with multiple personalities, who decides to go on a rampage one day for the thrill of a lifetime. How much blood can you spill before your actions catch up with you?
Download is at the bottom of this post!

Devlog:
Day 1
Spoiler

Day 2
Spoiler

Day 3
Spoiler

o02Ip.png

Genre: Action, Arcade
Tools: GM, CGMusic, Synthfont
Description: Moekira Massacre's sister game. Darker, bloodier, faster, and a bit harder.
Download is at the bottom of this post!

Devlog:
Day 3
Spoiler

Download for both games:http://www.mediafire...ssacre Pack.zip

Edited by darkwalker247, 05 July 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#2 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Amazing, a game for next Jam already?

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#3 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

:P Oops.

#4 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

That game was... It... It was...

Spoiler

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#5 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Spoiler

o_O

#6 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Good use of blood and guts here.  :P  The graphics were just... well, bloody.  It was like "clean up in aisle 3".

I'm not very good at fighting games, but I managed to slaughter plenty of innocent bystanders.  The controls were easy enough to use, so I did OK.

The pirate theme was missing, and you may lose points for that.  So I'm wondering why you didn't just replace the characters with pirates.  And replace the street scene with (say) a shipboard scene.  That would work just as well with this game.

Either way, the game is still pretty fun.  Lots of hack and slash.  So nice job on that.

#7 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Your game is about to get massacred and such. Or maybe just sacred? O.o"

Moekira Massacre & Moekira Massacre: PSYCHOSIS by darkwalker247
I'll just start with saying that the second game is pretty much the same as the first, except it has different graphics, maybe slightly altered some variables and I get better score at that. Also, keyboard has a very handy, yet not particularly used button. Said button can be used to type the original game's acronym, and I'm almost sure that if someone read my previous reviews, they know what I'd like that button to be used for. ^^"
As for the game itself, it's so ludicrously abundant with blood that it stops being serious since the very beginning (that was probably the intent, anyway). We control titular Moekira as she cheerfully slaughters everyone who happens to be passing by and occasionally switches between her multiple personalities. After enough switches she goes suicidal and commits seppuku/harakiri (hard to tell with these graphics). How adorable, isn't it? ♥
(and yet, there was no pirate to be seen)
Unfortunately, it's not exactly the sort of gameplay that appeals to me. While I appreciate the multiple personalities twist, I'm not a fan of the games where main purpose is to get highest the possible score, since those virtually never end. Moreover, the gameplay gets boring after a few plays (to me, at least), thus drastically reducing its replayability. The graphics are slightly graphic and generally illustrate something you probably wouldn't want to watch in more realistic portrayal. Soundtrack is rather decent, but it's a pity that there's no You-Know-Which button; otherwise I could play it with Yakety Sax on.
Oh dear, it seems that after all that testing my fragile psyche needs some cure against all those horrors I just witnessed. That Moe could be a little more sane, you know... :<

OVERALL: 5/10

Gameplay: 5/10
Story: 4/10
Presentation: 7/10
Use of Theme: And then there was none
Use of Handicap: A teeny-weeny bit of 3d-ness in perspective or something, but aside from that mostly followed.
Devblog: Maintained and illustrated; was that [hidden for now] supposed to be "personality", or what? O.o"

Pros: ...raspberry jam? Interesting idea?
Cons: doesn't keep interested, wasted soundtrack dissonance potential[/spoiler]

LShy6C6.png

#8 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Spoiler

can't agree more... also the way you used the gore was just... perfect ♥_♥

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#9 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Spoiler

can't agree more... also the way you used the gore was just... perfect ♥_♥

Yes... Could do with more organs, however, don chu think Darkwalker? Could you... Maybe,,, you know;;; add some more''' um>>> entrails<?<><? (Ok that was a strange overuse of symbols...)

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#10 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well, I don't do organs because they aren't as elegant as blood. Spilt blood is much nice looking than spilt organs.

(Oh my, that was a very disturbing statement!)

Edited by darkwalker247, 20 February 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#11 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

I think that having pipe organs appear randomly in place of people to get cut would be actually an interesting idea. And instead of blood they would produce SOUND when cut. ^^"

LShy6C6.png

#12 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

You know what would be even more gross and stupid? People drop organs when cut, shot etc. and... (OPEN THIS ONLY IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN STAND VERY DISTURBING THINGS)

Spoiler

I should better stop before everybody leaves the GMC. The main reason I post here again is, what's the difference between the two games? I couldn't find any.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#13 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

They were originally going to be quite different, but once I started the second one, I suddenly had a ton of homework and stuff I had to do, so it never got finished... It is still a bit different than the original in that it has more blood and more enemies.... I had a really good twist planned but I'll keep it secret in case I decide to work on it some more.

Edited by darkwalker247, 21 February 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#14 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Well, I don't do organs because they aren't as elegant as blood. Spilt blood is much nice looking than spilt organs.

(Oh my, that was a very disturbing statement!)

Can you believe people are actually disgusted by blood? Humans are just complex vessels, and blood fuel. Suprised people don't throw up when gas leaks out of their car. And yes, I agree.

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#15 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

You know what would be even more gross and stupid? People drop organs when cut, shot etc. and... (OPEN THIS ONLY IF YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN STAND VERY DISTURBING THINGS)

Spoiler

I should better stop before everybody leaves the GMC. The main reason I post here again is, what's the difference between the two games? I couldn't find any.

I like the idea...  but instead why don't they work like health vials or something  :turned:

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#16 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Sorry, Ayano is not a cannibal.

#17 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man