26 replies to this topic

#1 James.Foreman

James.Foreman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

The Tizen Game Drive is nearing an end. With only two weeks left, we would like to remind all participants that passing Tizen certification can take several days. With that in mind, if you intend to submit a game(s) to the Tizen Game Drive competition, you should do it as soon as possible to avoid disappointment! The randomly selected prize draw will continue to run until the end of the competition. 
We have already given away $21,000 and have another $19,000 to give away over the next two week. To give yourself the best chance of winning one of the $1,000 cash prizes, get your game(s) in today! The more games you submit, the more chance you have of winning!
On top of that, we have another $20,000 to give away in the competition. Cash prizes are as follows:

1st Place: $10,000
2nd Place (x2): $2,500
3rd Place (x5): $1,000

For more details on the competition, please visit the Website

All our prize draws have been announced on our Facebook.

Edited by James.Foreman, 17 January 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#2 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

What the heck, the random prizes aren't drawn in the end but constantly during the competition time? Why didn't you say that earlier? :( You're heaps better than the Win Big competition, but I still find the lack of information incredibly frustrating. And urging us to "get your game in today" when we're at the mercy of Tizen's army of Zero Wingrish-speaking midgits that takes days to tell you "wrong icon format, please try again later" feels like a bad joke. I recently got two games rejected because "installation failed", and an illegible log file. I'm blaming this to Studio, but I'll reupload anyway with fingers crossed just because those $1000s make me drool. The good ol' competitions that used your Sandbox was heaven compared to this. Shame the world changes, I guess *shrug*.

By the way, I expect a public list of all entrants (including disqualified ones, and preferably a reason to why they got disqualified) to be posted within a week reasonable amount of time after the deadline. Icuurd wasting several months on not even getting a yes/no on wether the game was in the comp or not was the main reason he quit. If we don't get such a list I'll probably not even bother with the next official competition.

With that said: w00t better get working while there's still time! ::lmao::

Edited by Yal, 18 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.
Removed unneccessary rant

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#3 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hi! I have some doubts: Regarding sending the EXE, should I provide an identical version of the TPK, or can I send a special file for review (all levels unlocked, credits for purchases items in shop, etc). And lastly, I must inform what are the keys mapped to play in Windows environment? Thanks for the attention.

Edited by fauri, 18 January 2014 - 07:14 AM.

assinatura.png

#4 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

What the heck, the random prizes aren't drawn in the end but constantly during the competition time? Why didn't you say that earlier? :( You're heaps better than the Win Big competition, but I still find the lack of information incredibly frustrating.

http://yoyogames.com...izen-game-drive

And the best part about it is that the prizes are not just for the best games, winners will be drawn at random from all submitted games which have passed the Tizen Store Certification over the course of the competition.

http://yoyogames.com...ame-drive/terms

14.  There are an additional Forty Random Prize Draw prizes of $1,000 for submitted games which have passed Tizen Store Certification throughout the competition.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#5 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

My game was already approved last week in Tizen Store, but I received an email today from YYG saying "one or more of your Tizen Game Drive submissions has not yet passed certification or Tizen is incomplete." And, in the "Edit Entry" section is the message "Your Store ID must be approved before your entry is Judged. This will be done as soon as possible". 

What does this mean? Lastly, the required "Store ID"  is "Content ID" of the Tizen Store, right? Thanks in advance.

assinatura.png

#6 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

@NakedPaulToast: It is highly ambiguious where the last bit belongs. This is how I read it.

And the best part about it is that the prizes are not just for the best games, winners will be drawn at random from all submitted games which have passed the Tizen Store Certification over the course of the competition.

14.  There are an additional Forty Random Prize Draw prizes of $1,000 for submitted games which have passed Tizen Store Certification throughout the competition.

The general rule is that any trailing adjective/subsection/etc belongs to its immediate predecessor, thus leading to my emphasis above.

I'm with Fauri on  this part:

What does this mean? Lastly, the required "Store ID"  is "Content ID" of the Tizen Store, right? Thanks in advance.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Spoiler

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#7 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

@NakedPaulToast: It is highly ambiguious where the last bit belongs. This is how I read it.

The general rule is that any trailing adjective/subsection/etc belongs to its immediate predecessor, thus leading to my emphasis above.

According to the rules of the English language then generally, yes, it is ambiguous. According to common sense it's not.

Passing the certification during the course of the contest is implied. When else could it have happened? Before the contest started? No, because entries couldn't have been submitted. Passing the certification process after the contest is over? No. 

The only way that should have reasonably been interpreted is that the draws would be; that they would be occurring through out the competition. The fact that some of the random draws have occurred and been announced is also a pretty good clue that the random draws were being held through out the competition and that it was said earlier.

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=603619

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 20 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#8 camerakid

camerakid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I am having the same issue as FAURI.... Can anyone please confirm if the required "Store ID"  is "Content ID" of the Tizen Store?

the_terminal_logo_new.png

applestore.pngamazonstore.pnggoogleplay.png

#9 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

The fact that some of the random draws have occurred and been announced is also a pretty good clue that the random draws were being held through out the competition and that it was said earlier.

If I'd been aware of that, would I have responded with such surprise? My complaint is that the main competition page didn't stress this enough (actually, I'm sure this results in less entries, people wanting to get a game out quickly to hoist in random-cash are more likely to submit an entry than people doing it tomorrow and forgetting about it). Also, taking how long time it takes to get a Tizen Store approval into account, getting the game approved after the deadline sounds reasonable enough to me. (I guess YYG could check the IDs with Tizen to make sure they're submitted before the deadline)

Spoiler

#10 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

One of my entries status is set to  "PROCESSING".

I got an email saying it has yet to be verified in the Tizen store, yet I look on the store and it's clearly set as "For Sale".

Hmm.

omQasih.jpg

#11 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

So here I bring some doubts solved after sending an email to YYG. I hope that helps other participants of Tizen Game Drive. 
According to the email, the information that the game was approved in Tizen Store may be slow to arrive at YYG. However, it has already been approved, it's all right. And yes, the Store ID is the Content ID.
Best of luck to everyone!

assinatura.png

#12 camerakid

camerakid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi Fauri,

Thanks I also contacted YYG and got a similar answer: if Tizen Approved sucessuflly everything seems to be alright. Fingers crossed!
:-)))

#13 Kikkoz

Kikkoz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

When trying to build my EXE with GameMaker, if I choose to build a self contained EXE file it gives me the error: "Couldn't open cabinet file.", and it doesn't build the executable.

So I uploaded an installer EXE file for the competition. Is it OK?

Break That Wall!

btw-icon-99x99.pngapp-store-badge-180x53.png  google-play-172x60.png wp-store-badge-193x50.png winstore-badge-193x50.png

#14 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

When trying to build my EXE with GameMaker, if I choose to build a self contained EXE file it gives me the error: "Couldn't open cabinet file.", and it doesn't build the executable.

I believe so. At least, that's what I did. See you!

assinatura.png

#15 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 6565 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

You've got to be kidding me.

Are you expecting .exe files to run on a Tizen device? There is no hope that the Tizen store will ever accept a submission in that form. The extensions on real Tizen apps are .wgt (Javascript) or .tpk (Native).

If I were you, I'd choose the correct export and try again ASAP.

GameGeisha

Latest Releases:
  • GMLinear --- Matrix and vector math in one line!
  • GMAssert --- Debug invalid values and write quick unit tests with ease!
  • KameGMS --- Bring up TortoiseSVN and TortoiseGit dialogs from within the GMS IDE!
  • JSOnion v1.1 --- The stink-free way to handle JSON! (even deeply nested ones)

#16 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

So I uploaded an installer EXE file for the competition. Is it OK?

You've got to be kidding me.

Are you expecting .exe files to run on a Tizen device? There is no hope that the Tizen store will ever accept a submission in that form. The extensions on real Tizen apps are .wgt (Javascript) or .tpk (Native).

If I were you, I'd choose the correct export and try again ASAP.

GameGeisha

GameGeisha, to join Tizen Game Drive, you must submit at least two files to YYG: a TPK and the EXE for review. This is independent of send the TPK file to Tizen Store, which is a prerequisite required in the competition.

So in short, we are talking about the EXE required in the form of YYG.

Edited by fauri, 22 January 2014 - 06:08 PM.

assinatura.png

#17 camerakid

camerakid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

I am a bit scared still as the competition section still shows me that message. However, I have contacted YOYO and they said everything gonna be fine. :-/

"Your Store ID must be approved before your entry is judged. This will be done as soon as possible."

#18 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

GRAAAAAAAH!!! My seven quantity-over-quality apps all got rejected because "the back button doesn't work" and "quit button doesn't work", and I blame it on me using the Backspace Event / End Game Action rather than the GML functions having expected those to work. :angry:

That's it Tizen, you can go to hell for all that I care. I'm gonna let the 2 apps that did pass stay up there but I'm not lifting a finger to please the user-unfriendly store clerks.

Spoiler

#19 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

BTW I'm not sure what's the worst thing with this announcement, the lack of interest in it or that it seems abandoned with no plans to actually read the feedback.

Spoiler

#20 fauri

fauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I am a bit scared still as the competition section still shows me that message. However, I have contacted YOYO and they said everything gonna be fine. :-/

"Your Store ID must be approved before your entry is judged. This will be done as soon as possible."

I'm also worried! Although tell me that all is well, the feeling remains, "Is my game is really in the contest?" ... It would be interesting to have an official confirmation, or a list of all the apps that are participating.

By the way, the message "Your Store ID must be approved before your entry is Judged. This will be done as soon as possible" is still showing up for me too.

GRAAAAAAAH!!! My seven quantity-over-quality apps all got rejected because "the back button doesn't work" and "quit button doesn't work", and I blame it on me using the Backspace Event / End Game Action rather than the GML functions having expected those to work. :angry:

That's it Tizen, you can go to hell for all that I care. I'm gonna let the 2 apps that did pass stay up there but I'm not lifting a finger to please the user-unfriendly store clerks.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you... For me, the only drawback was the wait of at least 3 days for any necessary updates.

Edited by fauri, 23 January 2014 - 05:21 PM.

assinatura.png

#21 BBaller

BBaller

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

For all the Windows 8 users out there.. I originally opted out of entering this contest because I had read that the Tizen SDK/Emulator was incompatible with Windows 8. As it turns out, I had no problems setting it up on my Windows 8 machine. Yes, the emulator runs at about 1FPS, but it at least shows that your game will run on Tizen, which is probably what you want the emulator for in the first place.

So if you've been holding out because you thought Windows 8 was incompatible, you still have 7 days to give it a shot.

k1eyl3.jpg

#22 camerakid

camerakid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hey Yal,

I exactly feel the same way, but at least at Tizen they care about explaining you what is wrong... I know they are super sensitive for errors (that is what other platforms should do too) but calm down and give it a try again. I had to resubmit 3 times but finally all went perfect and this is a future great platform so if you have nice Apps they should be there too! Keep up with your good work!

#23 ZX81

ZX81

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hi

In accordance to Lunar New Year celebration we can't go through the certification scheme.

Tizen is sending a massage across to be patient, therefore...

is Admin concidering a  few days delay on Tizen Drive Competition?

Regards

e998f7d59faf4eb2med.pngf4abf55cf9efadf8med.png5d4c7efe150c621amed.png610f0b550d3bdc6emed.png5a8a8531e954c2a5med.png

Proud member of Something_Beautful team

#24 alpha_centauri

alpha_centauri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Samsung developer ote name="ZX81" post="4491729" timestamp="1390834666"]Hi
In accordance to Lunar New Year celebration we can't go through the certification scheme.
Regards[/quote]

I second this. My game has been submitted for a while now. Still no word until today about there will be a delay due lunar new year. I think a week delay should help. Pretty much if you have a game go ahead and send it now, tomorrow will be too late.

Also those using windows 8 or having emulator issues, samsung has remote Tizen devices if you sign up for a Samsung developer account. Find it here: http://developer.sam.../remotetestlab/

#25 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

Anyone else getting a 
"1 of your files were an incorrect size.
Not all required files are present in your entry."
when trying to upload their games via Yoyo's submission page? Our game has passed Tizen certification and I've been trying to get it through to Yoyo the whole day but this keeps happening every single time! "Incorrect size" - What does that error even mean? =_=
I had tried with a .tpk and .exe (both installer and single standalone executable), a .tpk .exe and a .mp4, and even .zip and .tpk, but the same error every time. Now I'm just stuck. 
Anyone? :|

EDIT: Apparently, the file limit was 50 MB, which has now been extended to 100 MB. Problem solved.

Edited by Diptoman, 30 January 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#26 Animator111

Animator111

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 37 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to give some more time for the contest?

We have submitted in Tizen store our game 4 days ago and still are "in process", while it should

have been validated by now. We did all this hard work after 3 rejections, can you give some days more?

#27 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

"1 of your files were an incorrect size.

Way to make a legible error message, what's the problem with stating it was too large? I'm fairly certain nobody would have a problem for submitting a too small file.

Hi

Regards

I can't tell if this is serious but accidental engrish or a way of making fun of Tizen. :P +1

Spoiler