TRIPLE

INCENDIARY

MACHINE

SHOTGUNS

('cause Murica)

> Bingeable Archive

(quest-DUTIMS.tumblr.com)

> Mirror

DISCLAIMER: This forum game is an excuse for me learning how to use my graphical tablet.  Vast amounts of glorious, unscripted nonsense are to be expected.  The plot is a joke.

That said, this is gonna be kinda fun, mainly because I won't be worrying about it making any sense. As I said above, this is an excuse to help me find a reliable, quick-to-draw style that I can work with on this thing.  Therefore expect frequent art shifts. 

However, I've coaxed a decent general goal out of this - your mission is to find the DUTIMS.  The entire world has been generated, and there's complex if rather arbitrary skill system that I've cooked up.  More will come.

~ PM me if you're not sure how to join. ~

RSsYE04.png

SxmLVVu.png?1PYQ2EgB.png?1

Current Stats and General Stat Info:
Level Meanings:
Spoiler

Skill Meanings:
Spoiler

Vague Leveling Info:
Spoiler

~ [Current Stats] ~

Edited by kikjezrous, 03 June 2014 - 08:58 PM.

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#2 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

Name: Buck McGraff

Vague Description of Appearance (keep it human or very humanoid): A man in army pants and no shirt. Ammo belts form an x on chest, bandana in head. Short black hair.

/*Backstory*/ Who Needs a Ruttin' Backstory, Anyways? (probably going to be ignored): Buck McGraff grasped the helicopter skid as he and his comrade, Jack Zappoh, piloted the metal beast away from the exploding government clone factory. As the wind struck his bare, extremely 80s, chest, Buck wondered about his next adventure.

Spawn Location: Hanging from a helicopter somewhere above the Himalayas

Combat Style: Screaming and wearing no shirt as blood drips from minor wounds and he opens fire on his enemies.

Preferred Weapon: Gatling Shotgun configuration that shoots napalm filled bullets.

Preferred Flavour of Ice Cream: Rocky Road

Interests (please don't list anything aside from pad thai): Shooting nazis and communists in the face. (Cause I'm a rebel)

Edited by nvrogers, 14 January 2014 - 03:03 AM.

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#3 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Name: Kenus Aerus

Vague Description of Appearance (keep it human or very humanoid): a gray alien that looks exactly like Kripto 400 and all the other clones of kripto

/*Backstory*/ Who Needs a Ruttin' Backstory, Anyways? (probably going to be ignored): the crazy Twin of Kripto 136/137/138/.../400 that decided to come to earth and was captured in the area 51 by the magestics, but escaped taking guns in the way out

Spawn Location: Area 51

Combat Style: *Shoots crazily anybody in his way*

Preferred Weapon: Minigun that shoots antimatter beams of Ice cream that freeze everything they touch

Preferred Flavour of Ice Cream: Antimatter

Interests (please don't list anything aside from pad thai): DAH (Destruction of All Humans/Destroy All Humans)

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#4 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

... I wrote this up before I saw the player submissions.  Now I have guilt!  Sorry, but it's changing rather radically.  EDIT: nvrogers: I made a small image of your character.

Due to low interest, I'm changing tack!  I'm reverting to a more traditional MSPA style game. 

RSsYE04.png

A person stands in a room. 

She has no name aside from 'Brave Adventurer', and she seeks to find and recover the DUTIMS.

What shall she do?

> braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _

Edited by kikjezrous, 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#5 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

open the door, if locked lockpick it

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#6 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

If she cannot escape, scream and cry until someone comes by.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yn9vMna.png

If you cannot escape, scream and cry until someone comes by.

What'cha playin at?  You got a dagger and you know how to stick some folk with the pointy end.

You don't got time for bawlin.

> braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _

nIdGebz.png

#8 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Try door to the left.

SjtGd5d.png  This forum is archived. The above content may not reflect my opinion any longer.  SjtGd5d.png

#9 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

0rds49t.png

Try door to the left.

You face the door to the left and go to open it.

Or at least you would have, except this exception got all up and in your face.

You would try stabbing it, but it's kinda vestigial.

hHJPdz9.png

Spoiler

> pointallocator@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:39 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#10 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Misc object using could come in handy when with no weapons. Three points to misc object user.

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#11 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

4 points in situational judge, another 6 in impulse controls.

SjtGd5d.png  This forum is archived. The above content may not reflect my opinion any longer.  SjtGd5d.png

#12 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

2 in bargainer, 2 in public speaker, 5 in persuader, 4 in lie detector.

#13 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Edited the skill costs a bit.

nIdGebz.png

#14 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Edited the skill costs a bit.

So leveling up from a negative level would gain you points?

#15 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Misc object using could come in handy when with no weapons. Three points to misc object user.

3 points in situational judge, another 6 in impulse controls.

1 in bargainer, 1 in public speaker, 6 in persuader, 4 in lie detector.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#16 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Put the one communication point in lock picker.

#17 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Spoiler

Put the one communication point in lock picker.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:42 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#18 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

All in for ear wiggler?  No one?  Okay...[/don't do this]

Kind of hard to master when you don't have ears.

Edited by smash ball, 17 January 2014 - 03:11 AM.

#19 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

All in for ear wiggler?  No one?  Okay...[/don't do this]

Kind of hard to master when you don't have ears.

Heh, you noticed.

There's a lot of points left - want to allocate any?

nIdGebz.png

#20 Lawsome

Lawsome

Not Lukasmah

• GMC Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

> Become an competant hearer and presence locator

Are we going for a stealthy type character?

ahahahha theyll never catch mee

#21 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Well, considering you started it, we might as well go for a stealthy one, yeah.

7 points to sneaker. 4 to runner. 4 to dodger.

#22 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

> Become an competent hearer and presence locator

7 points to sneaker. 4 to runner. 4 to dodger.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:44 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#23 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

6 points in situational judge.

#24 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

6 points in situational judge.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:45 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#25 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

6 more points in reflexor.

3 points in learner, 3 more in memorizer.

6 in machinegun and 6 in shotgun. We are looking for a machineshotgun after all.

#26 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

6 more points in reflexor.

3 points in learner, 3 more in memorizer.

6 in machinegun and 6 in shotgun. We are looking for a machineshotgun after all.

Spoiler

(Just FYI, this is how I see the class rankings)
~~ Idiot Class ~~
-4 Failing : Literally can't do it with killing or severely harming yourself.
-3 Horrible : Very bad, probably dangerous to yourself.
-2 Pitiful : Will probably damage your instrument or make grievous mistakes regularly.
-1 Poor : Completely guessing at how to do anything, little common sense and makes frequent mistakes.
~~ Beginner Class ~~
+0 Dabbling : No experience, pretty much clueless.
+1 Novice : Slight experience, enough to be familiar with the subject even if no good at it.
+2 Adequate : Can preform reasonably well, but will fail and make mistakes by no means rarely, esp when under pressure.
+3 Competent : Should be reliably decent if not good at what you do. Can be called on under pressure, if only to do the most basic performance possible.
~~ Intermediate Class ~~
+4 Skilled : Rare flashes of genius, and generally reliable, but not good enough to teach somebody well.
+5 Proficient : Getting good, rarely outright fails, but may not always preform very well. Generally quite fine, working on some tricks and more advanced techniques - proficient.
+6 Talented : Can pull off some tricks and special moves when needed, if not always. Skilled in the basics, and can figure out new abilities, even if does not know the correct method of performance.
+7 Adept : Reliably preforms a few advanced actions when not under pressure and never fails on the basics.
~~ Advanced Class ~~
+8 Expert : Broadening the scope of abilities and very polished on basics and most intermediate skills. Preforms well under pressure, even on some advanced skills occasionally.
+9 Professional : Can be called on under pressure to preform an advanced action or two well. Large set of skills and large experience in everything but the some of the advanced skills.
+10 Accomplished : Knows how to do basically everything and can and has reliably preformed advanced or very advanced skills under pressure.
+11 Great : Can preform even the most advanced skills at a competent level.
~~ Astounding Class ~~
+12 Master : Able to preform tricks of vast skill that are hardly feasible, very polished in everything.
+13 High Master : Large number of extremely difficult or absurdly advanced skills that have been mastered - makes nearly everything look easy.
+14 Grand Master : Incredibly good, frequently pulls off ridiculously hard feats.
+15 Legendary : Almost superhuman abilities, regularly preforms nearly impossible acts and preforms superbly under the most stressful of situations.

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 06:46 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#27 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

15 points in seer, 10 in mechanic.
6 points in pattern recogniser.
Slowly getting there :P

#28 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

15 points in seer, 10 in mechanic.
6 points in pattern recogniser.
Slowly getting there :P

Spoiler

nIdGebz.png

#29 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I saw a similar but serious point in Exalted (Exalted isn't a game, for the record. It's a system like Dungeons and Dragons.)

Q: Will we be able to get more points later on? Will we be able to fix negative levels? Negative impulse controller will be a pain for the character we seem to be going for. Will we be able to have more characters?

#30 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

I saw a similar but serious point in Exalted (Exalted isn't a game, for the record. It's a system like Dungeons and Dragons.)

Q: Will we be able to get more points later on? Will we be able to fix negative levels? Negative impulse controller will be a pain for the character we seem to be going for. Will we be able to have more characters?

Yes, you can get more points later on - major achievements can give a particular class of points - killing a boss, for example, may give a handful of combat and some mental points, depending on how you killed it. 
However, mostly more skills will be gotten by using those skills.  If you do a lot of running and sword fighting, you'll get a lot of running and sword skills, some sprinting, marathoning, kicking, and some punching/striking.  You'll also get a few other weapon skills, particularly those similar to sword fighting.  Learning is important, because it controls how fast you learn more. (duh)
Some traits are supertraits, such as gun operation - it's crucial to actually use a gun, while machinegunner and rifle are for those weapons in particular.  Using a rifle will give you more gun operation, more riflewoman, and better seer.  (probably object manipulator also)
You can't use points to get rid of negative traits - that can only be done by trying to use those traits in-game.  So lead Brave Adventurer near something she likes and do some temptation resistance training.  (She likes stabbing things)

Additionally, there are several invisible supersupertraits such as physical strength, mental capacity, and endurance.  Doing related activities would help you increase those, but you can't use points on them.  In a way, the number of physical, combat, communication, etc. points you start out with is an indicator of how good you are at those.  So if you successfully manage to outrun a direwolf or punch out a stone pillar, and get associated points for that, you could see it as your invisible traits being upgraded.  But that's kinda hazy and up to my discretion as to how important it will be. 
this game keeps getting less silly by the post

(Should I put this and the other infodump above into the OP?)

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#31 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yes, you can get more points later on - major achievements can give a particular class of points - killing a boss, for example, may give a handful of combat and some mental points, depending on how you killed it. 
However, mostly more skills will be gotten by using those skills.  If you do a lot of running and sword fighting, you'll get a lot of running and sword skills, some sprinting, marathoning, kicking, and some punching/striking.  You'll also get a few other weapon skills, particularly those similar to sword fighting. 
Some traits are supertraits, such as gun operation - it's crucial to actually use a gun, while machinegunner and rifle are for those weapons in particular.  Using a rifle will give you more gun operation, more riflewoman, and better seer.  (probably object manipulator also)
You can't use points to get rid of negative traits - that can only be done by trying to use those traits in-game.  So lead Brave Adventurer near something she likes and do some temptation resistance training.  (She likes stabbing things)

Additionally, there are several invisible supersupertraits such as physical strength, mental capacity, and endurance.  Doing related activities would help you increase those, but you can't use points on them.  In a way, the number of physical, combat, communication, etc. points you start out with is an indicator of how good you are at those.  So if you successfully manage to outrun a direwolf or punch out a stone pillar, and get associated points for that, you could see it as your invisible traits being upgraded.  But that's kinda hazy and up to my discretion as to how important it will be. 

Yes. And can you write short info on all traits and supertraits?

#32 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

However, mostly more skills will be gotten by using those skills.  If you do a lot of running and sword fighting, you'll get a lot of running and sword skills, some sprinting, marathoning, kicking, and some punching/striking.  You'll also get a few other weapon skills, particularly those similar to sword fighting. 

Yes. And can you write short info on all traits and supertraits?

;_; Sure, when I get around to it.
(sooo serious)

EDIT: still, best spend some of dem points before a troll comes in and dumps them all into crotchet, eh?

Edited by kikjezrous, 17 January 2014 - 09:32 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#33 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

6 points in grappler, 10 in listener.

#34 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

6 points in grappler, 10 in listener.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 19 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#35 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Added skill info. Check the OP.

nIdGebz.png

#36 2Create

2Create

monochrome astronaut

• GMC Member
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

10 points to decoder, 10 to breath holder.

Another 15 to knife thrower.

#37 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Buck McGraff is very confused by all this math. When can we blow something up?

#38 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

10 points to decoder, 10 to breath holder.
Another 15 to knife thrower.

Spoiler

(I'd upgrade reading and walking to at least adequate, just for doing absolutely basic stuff. You can't run continuously, you know.)

Edited by kikjezrous, 19 January 2014 - 03:54 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#39 Lawsome

Lawsome

Not Lukasmah

• GMC Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Become a proficient walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

Become a competent eater, drinker and pain resistor.

Become a failing kisser, crocheter and knitter.

Edited by Lawsome, 18 January 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#40 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Become a proficient walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

Become a competent eater, drinker and pain resistor.

Become a failing kisser, crocheter and knitter.

Spoiler

Error allocating points to: WALKER, READER, OBJECT MANIPULATOR, BALANCER, SNEAKER: indicated allocation consumes more points than available.

Edited by kikjezrous, 19 January 2014 - 03:55 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#41 Lawsome

Lawsome

Not Lukasmah

• GMC Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Become a skilled walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

If that is still too many points, become a competant walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

#42 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Become a novice breather.

#43 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Become a novice breather.

Become a skilled walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

If that is still too many points, become a competant walker, reader, object manipulator, balancer and sneaker.

Spoiler

Edited by kikjezrous, 18 January 2014 - 03:31 PM.

nIdGebz.png

#44 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Become competent puncher. Becme failing mirror polisher. Proficient speaker. Accomplished liar.

#45 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Become less confusing.

#46 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

Become competent puncher. Become failing mirror polisher. Proficient speaker. Accomplished liar.

Spoiler

Error allocating points to: SPEAKER, LIAR: indicated allocation consumes more points than available.

((that wouldn't be +5 and +10 points, it'd be +1+2+3+4+5=15 and +1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=55 points))

nIdGebz.png

#47 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

7 points in kisser. You never know...

#48 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

7 points in kisser. You never know...

Spoiler

nIdGebz.png

#49 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

How do you mean more? 5 in speaker and 10 in liar. 15 points.

#50 Lawsome

Lawsome

Not Lukasmah

• GMC Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

How do you mean more? 5 in speaker and 10 in liar. 15 points.

To upgrade from level 5 to 6 costs 6 points. To upgrade from level X-1 to X costs X points.

To upgrade from level 6 to level 10 costs 10+9+8+7 or 34. Because you first must upgrade to level 7, 8, and 9.

So to upgrade to level ten would cost 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 or 55 points.

For ten points you can get to level 4.