• 1453 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

GMC_Jam_13_BannerLarge_zps77177186.png

THEME: PIRATES

HANDICAP: The graphics and gameplay of your entry must be entirely 2D

Countdown Clock

http://gmcjam.thegmc.com/

So, it's the beginning of the year and that means we're all recovering from our excesses during the winter holidays.. and.... The Fantastic GMC Jam #13 is here!!! Time to create a 72 hour GameMaker masterpiece with which to scare away all the opposition and win the approval (or not!) of our peers. This time around the Jam will run from Saturday 25th of January through Monday 27th and will be 72 hours dedicated purely to game development. Are you ready?

For those of you that aren't initiated in the ways of the Jam, please read on...

WHAT IS IT?

The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.

WHEN IS IT?

• Competition officially Starts Saturday 25th January (but hype usually starts up on Friday before midnight when the theme is announced)
  • 72 hours long from 00:00 GMT Saturday 25th ...to... 23:59 GMT Monday 27th

THEME

• Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
  • This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
  • Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
  • To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
  • The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.

VOTING

• All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme (see above).
  • Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation", and the "Best Devblog".
  • It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
  • It is NOT obligatory to play nor review all the games! Honestly, when dealing with so many games, it is a difficult and sometimes daunting task to play through all of them and then vote. So don't do it! Play as many as you feel comfortable with and then vote for which of those that you liked, leaving comments and feedback where possible. Don't worry, the SSE voting system that we use will compensate. If everyone does this then all games WILL get played, and have feedback, which is what this is all about, and I'd prefer to see 5 quality reviews accompanied by five votes to 60 votes and no reviews.
  • In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
  • Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.

PARTICIPATING

• All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
  • You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
  • Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
  • The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
  • HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DIRECT LINK TO DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
  • People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
  • Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)

GMC PRIZES

• The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next jam theme.
  • Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!

COMMUNITY PRIZE LIST

These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to me and they will add it to this post.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!    :o

Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (but please do not reward last place!).

You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!

PRIZES

• GVmakesGames: I'll review my favourite entry + 2 random games on my blog, and I'll send the source code of my entry (GM:Studio Standard project, even if it's not completed) to my favourite entry.
  • NAL: 4th, 5th and 6th place will receive naming rights for a donationware font I create in 2014, as well as the (non-exclusive) right to use it commercially. ALL entrants, and ANYONE that reviews EVERY game, will receive Mega Font Pack 1 containing 90 fonts I made between 2011 and mid-2013 with full commercial rights. PM me (NAL) when you meet either or both criteria for download information.
  • Yal: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a [lousy quality] digital photograph of an custom, A4-sized pencil-drawn concept art of one (1) character of their choice.
  • jake_president: My prize for the winner of the jam is a gift code for the excellent game Crysis 2 Maximum Edition on Steam.
  • Spydog: I will write a beautiful poem for each of the overall top 3 games, as well as for my personal favorite entry
  • HayManMarc: I will offer the "HayMan GM Community Chest Prize" & a virtual pat on the back to 1st place. I will also attempt an animated review of the 1st prize game. Also, for 21st place I will make a custom logo, and for 42nd place I will write a silly poem featuring their game.
  • Katipo Games: I'll write a review on my favourite 3-5 entries on my website: katipogames.com
  • LukanSpellweaver: I will be reviewing all of the entrants. I will also do a YouTube review of my top three and the actual top three.
  • IceMaster: I will volunteer to spruce up an open source GM 8.1, GM 8.0, or GM: Studio file with graphic special effects, for the person who wins and the person who comes second.
  • Lune : In honor of every place I've taken so far†, I'd like to offer a prize to each person whose game places 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 13th or 19th, under the condition that these winners each also review every game in the jam. To each of these lucky individuals, I'm offering a full 4K fan art illustration as well as any game on Steam of their choice up to $20 USD in value. (For ties, I'll divide the Steam allowance by the number of contestants sharing a position.)

†1:Rainbows Below, 3:Circle 17, 6:Tripod, 7:Department, 13:Serpent, 19:Twice
  • Roflstompz: Steam Games: Monaco - 14th place; Trine 2: Complete Story - 17th place; Takedown: Red Sabre - 20th place
  • ThunkGames: I would like to write a (possibley terrible) song about the winner and their winning entry.
  • fyaopo: I am willing to compose a (contemporary or otherwise) piece of music to the 1st and 2nd place winner's specifications. Also, since this kind of thing is stuff I usually do for free anyway (sans the contemporary part), I will also write a short story about anything the author provides, given it makes sense.
    If there are any ties, I am willing to do this twice or thrice.

Looking For A Team
If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM NAL or GameDevDan to add your name below:

Support Banners (by Greenblizzard)

Please add a support banner to your forum signature.

GMC_Jam_13_BannerSmall_zps4bf860e8.png
Gmc_Jam_13_BannerLong_zpsf4626dee.png

Edited by GameDevDan, 11 April 2014 - 09:52 AM.

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#2 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Good stuff! Only less than two weeks for all the pre-Jam musings, bring it on B)

A clear schedule for that weekend currently bodes well for me entering, and once again I hope for some good inspiration from the theme and handicap!

#3 Emunator

Emunator

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Excited for this!
I can't wait to see what the rest of the community will create for this!!

#4 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

WHOOO!

(The most useless post ever)

Edit: I actually have a question: can we compile and upload the game as a .zip file? The .exe compiler doesn't work well for me, always recognized as a virus.

Edited by kepons, 11 January 2014 - 03:29 PM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#5 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

@kepons: do you, by any chance, use a custom ICON? I remember that when attempting to export to regular *.exe file with my own icon the antivirus started protesting, while switching back to regular icon solved it.

LShy6C6.png

#6 CrazyGuyGames

CrazyGuyGames

YYGF Member

• GMC Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Yay awesome, but shouldn't the theme and handicap have something like "------" so we desesperately try to guess althought we never manage to :3?

Also custom icons in gms are always a problem to me D:

AZGIWjf.png

aSzDlXB.png

#7 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Ohhhhhyeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Time for revenge! :ninja:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#8 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

@kepons: do you, by any chance, use a custom ICON? I remember that when attempting to export to regular *.exe file with my own icon the antivirus started protesting, while switching back to regular icon solved it.

*Facepalm* It looks like I had used an icon which is a .PNG file. It works like charm now.

Today's piece of advice: Although GM:S allows to have a .PNG file as an icon, use .ICO file, anyway. That'll keep you out of unnecessary trouble.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

#9 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

THE GREAT HANDICAP CRYPTIC PUZZLE HUNT

Now for something different! Instead of simply revealing spaces for the handicap, I will be releasing a cryptic puzzle every day or so that will guide y'all to the handicap. Neither me nor Dan will be confirming any answers but you're totally welcome (and encouraged) to discuss the answers if you're stuck.

With this in mind...

1_Beginning.png

Posted Image

#10 smash ball

smash ball

Volcanic Light

• GMC Member
  • 2389 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

This is where I say that I'll enter, but then not enter when it comes to JAM time.

The handicap is your game must use numbers.

#11 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

YESSSSSS! IT'S TIME!

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#12 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

0110000 301 00200 03003 300 00000 00 303323 301. (I divided the clue into columns and added a space after every 5th zero.)

Maggots and worms could eat flies if oxygen out.

@kepons

Sorry for that accidental downvote :P

It's OK.

#13 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Just tried a few quick ideas for NAL's cypher.

1)  I thought maybe the numbers were base-4, since they only include 0,1,2 and 3.   So I convert them to decimal and get 3, 16, 399.  Hmm... not obvious this leads anywhere yet.

2)  Maybe it's a substitution cypher.  So I assume 000 and 0000 are spaces.  That would mean 003 is possibly an "A", since it appears alone for the second word (fifth position).  So I get three words:

A** (space) A (space) **A*

That doesn't lead anywhere yet.

#14 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Just tried a few quick ideas for NAL's cypher.

1)  I thought maybe the numbers were base-4, since they only include 0,1,2 and 3.   So I convert them to decimal and get 3, 16, 399.  Hmm... not obvious this leads anywhere yet.

2)  Maybe it's a substitution cypher.  So I assume 000 and 0000 are spaces.  That would mean 003 is possibly an "A", since it appears alone for the second word (fifth position).  So I get three words:

A** (space) A (space) **A*

That doesn't lead anywhere yet.

Does the Roman numeral I indicate this clue gives the first letter? Does it mean this is the first clue? Is it the first word? I just don't know!

If the list of 10 numbers is indeed a list of 10 numbers perhaps this is the first word which contains 10 letters? Or maybe the handicap has 10 words? Could be the first letter of each word?

I'm not offering much help here I realise, just a load of questions, sorry :P

#15 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Just so you know, even I don't know the handicap yet. (not completely anyway)

However, I have solved that first puzzle and a few of the others (as I have access to them all)

I'm homing in on it!

The reason no theme spaces are up yet is because last jam's winner has yet to confirm, though they say they have a good idea what they'll pick!

#16 Catox

Catox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

0110000 301 00200 03003 300 00000 00 303323 301. (I divided the clue into columns and added a space after every 5th zero.)

Maggots and worms could eat flies if oxygen out.

Mister, you're trying to mess with our minds, and this is Wrong è__é

GMC JAM 13 is happening NAOW !

It's review and vote time !

Play free games, give input to game makers, determine your own values in game making, GO NOW, time is counted !

#17 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Theme: ICE

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#18 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Seeing this topic turned my bad morning into an awesome one :D

Edited by darkwalker247, 11 January 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#19 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Theme: ICE

The theme isn't ready yet, the ??? in the OP is just a placeholder.

I'm going to make up my mind for the theme tomorrow ;)

#20 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

If you find any cool tools for game creation or good places to find graphics and/or audio, please remember to submit it here~! http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=578580

Edited by darkwalker247, 11 January 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#21 Emunator

Emunator

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

This is probably the most stupidest guess.

But I converted all the numbers from BASE64 to ASCII, then ASCII into HEX decimal, and then back into BASE64.
And it says:

hÎ*î

Look's like it says 'HI i"
Part of a sentence? And the '*' resembles a space?
Probably not, but it's the closest I got xD

Edited by Emunator, 11 January 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#22 Istuk5

Istuk5

Zombie apocalypse

• GMC Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I'll be participating! This is going to be my first time :)

One thing I like to say:

"There is only one place you can call home, there is only one woman you can love. Whole world is too big for one person, but still there is always at least one person who wants whole world. Greed will destroy us"

#23 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

In Andrew's hint, each of the sets of numbers is as long as the number is spelled in English. So one:3, two:3, three:5, et cetera. Every where a 3 appears, the analogue in English is an E. Similarly, the 2's all appear in the place of an H. Finally, the 1's all appear where there's a T. The 0's are red herrings.

What does it mean? It means that the first word is THE. Yup. The first word in the handicap is THE. Whoop de do. :P 

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#24 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

In Andrew's hint, each of the sets of numbers is as long as the number is spelled in English. So one:3, two:3, three:5, et cetera. Every where a 3 appears, the analogue in English is an E. Similarly, the 2's all appear in the place of an H. Finally, the 1's all appear where there's a T. The 0's are red herrings.

What does it mean? It means that the first word is THE. Yup. The first word in the handicap is THE. Whoop de do. :P

Awesome.

#25 Catox

Catox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Fantastic *__*

Play free games, give input to game makers, determine your own values in game making, GO NOW, time is counted !

#26 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Oh man, did Nocturne get fired this time? He just needs new batteries in his clock :)

Awaiting the traditional down vote from makerofthegames....

#27 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! I'm doing this!!! (Even though my schedule is annoyingly busy that weekend)

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#28 GlitchDetector

GlitchDetector

Eon Pokémon

• GMC Member
  • 421 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'll be trying to participate too for the first time, this is going to be fun! :)

#29 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

The secret to winning this is doing something in 3D. That gives you insta-top three just by doing that alone :)

#30 Istuk5

Istuk5

Zombie apocalypse

• GMC Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Ignore this

Edited by Istuk5, 12 January 2014 - 12:36 PM.

One thing I like to say:

"There is only one place you can call home, there is only one woman you can love. Whole world is too big for one person, but still there is always at least one person who wants whole world. Greed will destroy us"

#31 bksonic

bksonic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I don't think Jam topics should be created too early. It means two weeks of hype and no sleep for me :(

I would love to enter again.

#32 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

psyched. got nothing going on this weekend.

#33 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

This is awesome. It's that time already. Totally joining, as usual.

Also, someone needs to update the countdown clock so I can start staring intently at it for the next two weeks.
iPqfGiP.png

#34 ThunkGames

ThunkGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Man, I'm excited. First time for me :D

#35 Ninety

Ninety

I just want to see if the mods will waive the character limit.

• GMC Member
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Oh man, did Nocturne get fired this time? He just needs new batteries in his clock :)

I think they just got sick of him stuffing up the dates. :P

ka0eZdt.png
twitter | soundcloud | gmcomicified | ask.fm | homestead | itch.io | TIGsource

goodnight, sweet prince

#36 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

I think they just got sick of him stuffing up the dates. :P

Haha, nope Nocturne passed the torch for a bit... it's difficult work setting up the jam topics, making the graphics, counting all the votes etc. and he wanted a rest from that.

#37 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Fully understandable. He is a very busy guy and does a lot for the community. :)

#38 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

I see many new participants. I'd be totally exhausted if I had to review >100 games :P

#39 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Haha, nope Nocturne passed the torch for a bit... it's difficult work setting up the jam topics, making the graphics, counting all the votes etc. and he wanted a rest from that.

That's understandable. 

Besides, change is good.   Now we can beat up a different admin over every minor mistake, delay, or decision he makes.  Fresh meat.  :P

#40 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

A wild puzzle appeared

2_TheWord.png

Posted Image

#41 GVmakesGames

GVmakesGames

rhythm huh?

• GMC Member
  • 1562 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

RUN

You can't escape!

Yes, I'm in. Apparently, I can't even leave the battle.

EDIT: I'm gonna propose some prizes.

Edited by GVmakesGames, 12 January 2014 - 01:12 PM.

just another indie game developer, this time agoraphobic.

Twitter | My Blog | Youtube | Steam | GameJolt | Itch.ioIndieDB | Ask.fm | reddit | MyAnimeList | osu! | WINGverse

GVmG.gif twitch_emoticon___wutface_by_centaurman_

image4.png?uid=6995159&m=0

#42 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

This one is easy.

Handicap: The butt of every character must weigh 1kg. The main character must crave undercover. To enhance performance, game must be set on a planetoid. Because of imbecile admission, the player must not be allowed to submerge with meat. The best friend of the main character must be a canister. The story must be about injuring canister's appeal. The game must contain squares and flare particle effects.

I can't believe I wasted my time for this.

#43 Cakefish

Cakefish

I Shot The Sheriff

• GMC Member
  • 1477 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

WOOHOO!

It's happening!

Lucky number 13!

My body is ready!

2a7ubuv.jpg

#44 Brano000

Brano000

Indie Game Developer

• GMC Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm so in.

My unfinished blog with unfinished games

branislavjovic.blogspot.com

#45 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

I'm totally in again, that last one was...Well I hated the theme/handicap to be honest, but I made a fairly nice game!

I AM NOT looking forward to my reviews this time, as you will all get to hear my voice... I'm 19 and I sound like I'm 10...

My top three votes will get video reviews on YouTube, and the rest will get my basic paragraph from last JAM.

THEN the top three games overall will get YouTube videos with the Paragraph in the description.

No prizes though...Except my awesome custom medals.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#46 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide between my top 2 theme ideas. :-|

Should I just flip a coin, or would everyone be okay with two themes(optional which one to follow, or one could use both)?

#47 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

The GREAT HANDICAP CRYPTIC PUZZLE HUNT is clearly "SHADOWREND".

In other news, Im glad this time the jam is while I'm on a vacation, so I wont be making an another masterpiece such as ForFun.

Edited by Shadowrend, 12 January 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#48 Catox

Catox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide between my top 2 theme ideas. :-|

Should I just flip a coin, or would everyone be okay with two themes(optional which one to follow, or one could use both)?

Flip a coin, a themed jam isn't really themed if it's multiply themed :P

#49 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Flip a coin, a themed jam isn't really themed if it's multiply themed :P

Agreed, I don't really like the idea of having more than one theme. Everyone following the same theme makes it more interesting to see what other people's take is on the theme and how they interpret it.

#50 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

Okay, it's been decided(by coin). The theme is _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat