Greenblizzard

Fox Of The Night

2nd place:

Nal

LabWagon

3rd place

Darkwalker247

Project Adamii

All other places are listed below... Thanks to everyone that participated, and thanks too to all those that voted and gave feedback. It's all thanks to you guys that this Jam is so much fun!!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN; TIME TO VOTE!

1st: FORKS <TheGame>

2nd: TEMPLE OF EVOLUTION <Glueguy>
3rd:  I MUST CHANGE TO GO ON <Nallebeorn>
Runner ups....

Spoiler

Let's keep this simple; I'll start to play the games in a random order, and update this topic as I go along with the current ranking and reviews. At the end of the voting period I will produce the final list with the final votes and final reviews? sounds like a good deal? Good.

I'll whip together a short voting format for me to better evaluate the games and give them a fair rating compared to each other. I'll device a keycode system and you can then download the evaluation software and determine where your game was lacking and where it did not. accompanying the keycode will be the actual, short review along with a rating from 0 to 100.

The keycodes are a series of 9 symbols that represent a series of yes/no questions in the voter that I use to evaluate all games fairly. You can download the voter HEREAfter opening the voter, copy the keycode from here (be careful not to take any extra spaces or symbols) and press 'L' Within the loader. The program will get the code from the clipboard and apply the correct values. You can change the buttons as you wish and get a new code with 'S' that is copied to your clipboard. You can get the numeric rating with the space button.

Ignore that keycode thing. I missed a few bugs I cannot seem to fix so I'll try to straighten them out by the next jam. Sorry about that.

A typical review might look something like this:
GAME - AUTHOR

Spoiler

I'll try to get trough all the games, but I can give no promises and with my busy calender it is more than likely that I will not be able to. I'll try anyhow, ok?

LETS GET PLAYING THEN!!!! 

reviews: (4 new [14.11])

Spoiler

Current Rankings:
Spoiler

Edited by mr magnus, 14 November 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#3 Detective Pixel

Detective Pixel

GMC Dancer

• GMC Member
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

DP_Heading.png

With Drunken Dinosaur,

To help out Nocturne... :thumbsup:

My votes go to

• Project 91 - DoubleParallax
  • 7r41n - N-Cubo
  • Lab Wagon - NAL
  • Project Adamii - Darkwalker247
  • Apex - Snail_Man
  • Lone White Blood Cell - Bksonic
  • Localmotives on legs - SpyDogs
  • Doom Shark - TheSnidr
  • The Train Game - RekNepZ

Best Use Of Theme - Snail_Man
Best Use Of Handicap - MikeDark_x (Yes, even though it wasn't the greatest game it understood the handicap the most.)
Best Presentation - DoubleParallax
Best Devblog - NAL

Note: The votes are for my favorite games, are are not connected to any reviews.

Intro into what I am going to do for my review: Comics!

Reviews may contain jokes.

DP_Intro.png

Batch #1 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #2 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #3 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #4 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #5 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #6 of reviews:

Spoiler

Batch #7 of reviews:

Spoiler

Edited by Detective Pixel, 13 November 2013 - 01:23 AM.

PIXEL_Archive.png

#4 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

:duck: OVERLOADED'S REVIEWS OF EPICPERFECTAWESOMEGREATAMAZINGOUTSTANDINGMARVELOUSNESS. :duck:

My votes go to (one game isn't included, because it's mine):

Spoiler

In my reviews I'll try to be as honest and helpful as possible. This is why I'll try to report bugs and give suggestions on improving the game. I'll play all the games in the zip file uploaded by Nocturne (I used the randomiser). If sometimes I'm being harsh on someone, I apologize, I don't want to offend anyone.

Reviews[60/60]

Spoiler

A list of things that in my opinion would be nice to add in your games if you have the time: (Things in bold are the most important that should be on every game)

Spoiler

Edited by Overloaded, 14 November 2013 - 05:23 PM.

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Check out my GM Marketplace Assets!

Follow me on Twitter: @OVLDD

#5 Panzergeist

Panzergeist

Insane Box Man

• GMC Member
  • 1241 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Dantes' super fantastic amazing GMC JAM #12 reviews!!!

Prepare for a guitar solo of awsome on your soul...

NOTE: Unfortunately I will not have time to review all games, since I have to do this at school (not much time, you know how it goes -.-), HOWEVER, I will give my special meaningless awards to those that fit the criteria from the games I have played so far. So if you didn't see a game review, not to fret! Simply means I ran out of time ;)

My votes:

1.Project Adamii - Darkwalker247 (side note: I love a challenge)

2.Lab Wagon - Nal (side not: Blocks ftw!)

3.Evolution of the wheel - Chance (side note: Great physics, disturbingly addicting...)

4.Doom Shark - TheSnidr (side note: How can you not appreciate a good 3D game... with sharks?)

5.Fan Grazer - Yal (side note: Unique, deffinetely a style I haven't seen in the jam yet)

6.I Must Change To Go On - Nallebeorn (side note: Not sure why, but I really liked the game, especially the atmosphere)

7.Wish That I Could Be Human - GameDevDan (side note: Didn't get to play too much of the game, but I liked what I saw!)

8.Locamotive on legs - Spydog (side note: It was all so beautiful ;- ;)

9.Fox of the night - Greenblizzard (side note: MORE 3D! YEAH!)

10.Off the rails - Terrafriedsheep (side note: It was a very fun, HARD amazing looking isometric game)

11.ForFun - Shadowrend (side note: There is just a certain amount of effort that must be put into not making an effort to make a game look this good)

Best Use Of Theme - Nallebeorn!
Best Use Of Handicap - Shadowrend!
Best Presentation - Darkwalker247!
Best Devblog - (unfortunately I never have time to look through the devblogs...)

Special meaningless awards!!!

Most hard working developer: Dadio!

Most beautiful gorgeous pretty game: Darkwalker247!

W.O.W.: Shadowrend!

Best horror game: ShadowLancer!

Best 3D-ness: TheSnidr!

My reviews:

Spoiler

Edited by DANT3, 14 November 2013 - 05:52 PM.

[ ._.]> Where am I...

#6 N-cubo

N-cubo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

N-cubo's dynamic list

I played all games and I decided to insert into the list the games who I liked.

My rank

Spoiler

My reviews

Spoiler

Edited by N-cubo, 03 November 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#7 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Kepon's Reviews!

It was very hard to choose the best of all of these awesome games, sorry if yours is not in the list.

My votes go to:

1st Place: Project Adamii by Darkwalker247;

2nd Place: Fox of The Night by Greenblizzard;

3rd: Place: Off The Rails by TerraFriedSheep;

4th Place: DoomShark by TheSnider;

5th Place: Epic Adventure of Roytheshort: Trains of War by Mr Magnus;

Others:

Spoiler

Best use of Theme (Evolution (if someone already forgot it)): A Train Through Evolution by ThePC007;

Best use of Handicap (I won't write it here - too long): Project Adamii by Darkwalker247;

Best PresentationTrain Game With Nukes by 95jonpet;

Best DevlogLabWagon by Nal.

Reviews (contains sarcasm, I don't want to insult someone):

Finished, expect votes soon!

Spoiler

Edited by kepons, 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#8 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

REVIEWS FROM THE SECOND REALITY

I was planning on playing all games, but I didn't have the time to do that :( But I've still played and voted for 20 games so it's not a total failure. Please remember that I try to be as objective as possible. I might like or hate you, but that won't change anything about the score I've given your game. Don't take anything personal! :) And if you have any remarks or questions about a review, feel free to PM me!

LEADERBOARDS

1     Project Adamii - Darkwalker247

2     Fox Of The Night - Greenblizzard

3     Evolution Of The Wheel - Chance

4     Trains Of War - mr Magnus

5     Forced Evolution - Lonewolff

6     Metro Assault - Syntaxibles

7     Reevo - JackOatley

8     Off The Rails - TerraFriedSheep

9     Train Game With Nukes - 95jonpet

10   Candy Trains - Roflstmpz

11   Time Train - JimmyBegg

12   Darwin Express - 2Create

13   Rescue Her - Sirham

14   Locomotive On Legs - Spydog
15   The Great Pumpkin Patch Match - Oracizan

16   Kurei - MikeDark_x

17   Stereotype - CreamyBacon1

18   The Train Game - RekNepZ

19   The Train Of All Life - trg601
20   ForFun - Shadowrend

REVIEWS AND SCORES

Games reviewed: 20/60

Spoiler

Edited by SecondReality, 12 November 2013 - 04:21 PM.

banner.png     banner.png

#9 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

NazGhuL's first time voting post. :)

My votes go to

• Doom Shark - TheSnidr
  • I must change to go on- Nalleborn
  • Locomotive On Legs - Spydog
  • Project91 -DoubleParallax
  • Project adamii - darkwalker247

Best Use Of Theme - I must change to go on- Nalleborn

Best Use Of Handicap - Locomotive On Legs - Spydog

Best Presentation - Project91 - DoubleParallax

Best Devblog - Project adamii - darkwalker247

NazGhuL's Special Mentions:

The Sharkcopter(TheSnidr)(that beat both Jaws and Sharknado!)

Dragon man(brighteyes) (I cried...lol)

Forced Evolution - Lone Wolf (Nice graphics!) 

Whish That I could be Human (GameDevDan) (Whish I could play more...) :P

TimeTrain (JimmyBegg) (Funniest train ride ever!)

Apex(Snail_Man)(Awesome Custom ship!)

Forks - (Thegame) (Art and the best wepons!)

My DO and DON'T list of things to remember for my first entry on the next jam:

(Or hints for beginners)

DO:

Spoiler

DON'T:

Spoiler

Edited by NazGhuL, 01 November 2013 - 04:01 PM.

tag_mtmapo.jpgtag_marketplace.jpgtag_fake_light.jpg

#10 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

I didn't get around to playing many of the games, sorry.

Ranking (Of the ones I played)

• Blu Cat | Monstr Gaming
  • Evolution of the Wheel | Chance
  • Time Train | JimmyBegg
  • Train Evolution | Overloaded & Jagtiger
  • Stereotype | CreamyBacon1
  • Evolo | bobmoo
  • The Devils Railroad | HayManMarc

Didn't work:

YYH Shooter | GameDevDan

Bests
Best Use Of Theme - Game | Author
Best Use Of Handicap - Game | Author
Best Presentation - Game | Author
Best Devblog -
Game | Author

Extra Awards
Most exciting when judged by its screenshots - Doom Shark | TheSnidr
Best "retro" look - Locomotive On Legs | Spydog

Innovation - Apex | Snail_Man
Most genre-defining - Fan Grazer | Yal

Reviews [8]
Note: Handicap and theme ratings are mostly either 0/5 or 5/5, depending on whether they are actually followed.
Note2: I like to be completely honest in reviews, so I might seem a bit harsh. Don't take anything personal and just because I don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad.

Note3: I typically play these games with no sound. So I won't be rating that.

Spoiler

Edited by darkwalker247, 14 November 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#11 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3071 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Caution-Testing-In-Progress-Sign-S-8894.

I will update this post after every test session.

EDIT: Having this post rep_up.png will not up your rating, but using rep_down.png will get it down  :)

Good Job Everyone!

The following places are:

1st place: Locomotive on Legs, by Spydog

2nd place: Forced Evolution, by Lonewolff

3rd place: Fox of the Night, by Greenblizzard

Special thanks to the people that organized this jam and the people who are contributing by giving awards to contestants.

Special Awards go to:

Spoiler

Here are the reviews! (60/60)

All scores are x.x / 10.0

Numbers in red are temporary positions! The badges are too :)

Spoiler
Read the full reviews hereincluding sub-category votes and my comments on every category and the entire game.

Noc, after I review all of the games, I will sort them here for ya (tomorrow I'm tired xD)

Edited by Shadowrend, 13 November 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#12 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Exkakx's Top Four

1. Fox Of The Night

2. Mutation Train

3. 7R41N

4. A Train Through Evolution

Video Reviews!

Note: For some games, I played more than what I recorded on video.

The Train Of All Life by Trg601 

Impression: Short, no challenge, good graphics

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Na8D3xfpjow

Dead Reckoning by Archdemon

Impression: Horrible

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q5CWZx6vYjI

You Must Dodge by Kepons

Impression: Cool, fun for a while

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=23NhFflch_g

Forfun by Shadowrend

Impression: Horribly Horrible

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TglLNyTC0zU

Mutation Train by LukanSpellweaver

Impression: Not bad, interesting concept

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8aluIcInFxs

A Train Through Evolution by thePC007

Impression: A bit boring, no replayability, good graphics, good concept

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tofHcC2gmLw

Non - Video Reviews!

Note: A lot of this is just rambling with no structure at all.

HellGauge Armagedon by DANT3

Impression: Good Interface, Bad Gameplay

I read your post saying you didn't want anyone on Youtube to review your game, so I won't. I'm a really nice person! So, the interface in this game was amazing. The buttons, the layout... it was really well made. Usually, this signifies a good game. However, the gameplay was definitely on the weak side. I think this speaks for itself. It was boring, and the train seemed "thrown in at the last second". I can tell that you had high hopes for this game, except you didn't have enough time to actually make it good. Half the game seems polished, while the other half seems like crap put in for the sake of having a playable game. Maybe, you should set your hopes and expectations lower next time, and focus on the gameplay before the interface.

Live Ammo by Detective Pixel

Impression: At first, whoah! And then, meh.

I opened the game, saw an epic visualization of a train, some sweet pixel art, cool music, sleek design, and I was like "hell yeah". However, when I actually began playing I realized that this game wasn't actually all that great. First of all, I had absolutely no indication of the fact that I was hurting my enemies. They obviously took more than one shot to kill, they should have turned a different color when they lost health, or something. Second of all, reminding the player that "ammo is your health" on the bottom of the screen during gameplay was really awkward. It's like when I was making my last Jam game, I just slapped the words "press R to restart level" everywhere on random levels. Teach the other player a better way, please. Maybe just put a beating heart next to the ammo, things like that can really help. Third of all, jumping was pointless, since all your enemies stood there stupidly anyway. Fourth of all, it got pretty boring. Work more on the gameplay next time!

Time Train by JimmyBegg

Impression: Awesome graphics! Good base for a game!

The graphics in this game were very well made, which is the first thing I noticed. The second thing I noticed was that doing stunts on a train was really, really fun. The "backflip", "frontflip", and the coins were all a great addition to the game. The problem came when I fell into an abyss, a bottomless pit after one of the ramps. The game didn't end. I just kept falling farther and farther underground, off the screen, doing frontflip after frontflip. Couldn't you have just put a "room_restart()" into a "outside room" event? Wouldn't have been that hard. The second problem came when the game ended. It was very quick, barely enough to be a real game. Also, the train seemed to be indestructible. I could flip it upside down with no penalty, so my driving didn't really matter. This game was fun to mess around with for a while. No evolution. No idea why it was a "Time" train.

Fox Of The Night by BreenBlizzard

Impression: Brilliantly made

I'm impressed, even though this game didn't have much to do with trains (except the final boss) or evolution, I'm going to rate it very highly. Firstly, the graphics were very awesome, even for 3D. No qualms there. The interface could have been better (I'm looking at you, Arial Black) but that's negligible. The gameplay was very fun. There's something about jumping around as a fox with a gun on top of skyscrapers gliding through the air while shooting bad guys and dodging bullets which is just totally badass. I just wish you could shoot your gun while flying. The game was of a decent length, and I appreciate the effort you put in to design the levels. You introduced new game mechanics steadily throughout the game, which left no way for me to be confused. And there were so many mechanics. Grappling gun, types of enemies, ice beams, it was very diverse and did not get boring. Now, the game did have it's cons. You could have done more with the "shield remover". Instead of having it last for the whole game, you could have introduced each new type of enemy with it's own shield that would have to be removed before you could shoot them. A few times during the earlier levels, I spawned backwards and got confused about where I was going. There could be a penalty for dying (lose 5 stars?), and also a way to pause the game.

7R41N by NCubo

Impression: For some reason, this game prompted me to spend ten minutes of my life drawing a penis on a crappy level editor. When a game makes you do that, you know it's good.

The title screen, and general interface in this game was very well designed. However, the gameplay reminded me a lot of maze games. Was this really just a high-tech version of a crappy default GM maze tutorial game where you can't stop moving? Almost. There were a few changes, such as the removal of the arrow keys to make things more confusing, "powerups" that I avoided at all costs, and a trail behind you, which made it feel like one of those tron lightcycle games. After playing the game for a while, and after getting used to the controls, it quite grew on me, even though the music may have gotten repetitive. I have to say, the online feature was REALLY cool, and not something many people would do in the Jam. Overall, not a great concept, but you still managed to make the game really nice.

Edited by Exkakx, 14 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#13 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

HayMan's Votes & Really Real Short Reviews (Jam 12)

Final Votes (My favorites)

1.  You Must Dodge by kepons

photo-thumb-316602.png?_r=1383508353

Review:

Spoiler

2.  Lone White Blood Cell by bksonic

Review:

Spoiler

3.  Fox of the Night  by GreenBlizzard

Review:
Spoiler

4.  Fan Grazer by Yal

5.  Project Adamii by darkwalker247

6.  Serpent by Lune

7.  Lab Wagon by NAL

8.  Off the Rails by TerraFriedSheep
9.  Apex by Snail_Man
10.  Doomshark by theSnidr

***HayMan's "YoYoHouse Jam Battle" Winner***

jam12Flat_zps644c1ae6.png

This was a tough call since one of these fellas was able to submit TWO games.  Anyway, without further ado:

Spoiler

HayMan's Happy First Impressions (The Really Short Reviews)

(This time, I played through all the games and gave short, positive first impressions of the game.)

(60 out of 60!)

Spoiler

Best Of's

Jam Standards

Best Use Of Theme - kepons
Best Use Of Handicap - TerraFriedSheep
Best Presentation - NAL

Best DevLog - Lonewolff

HayMan's Bundle of Best Of's (In alphabetical order)

Spoiler

Edited by HayManMarc, 14 November 2013 - 03:14 AM.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#14 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Votes!

Spoiler

Short Comments:

Spoiler

Edited by RekNepZ, 15 November 2013 - 03:31 AM.

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#15 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

My votes go to
  • Apex - Snail_Man
  • Candy Trains - Roflstomp
  • 7R41N - n-Cubo
  • A Train Through Evolution - thePC007
  • The Devils Railroad - Haymanmarc
Best Use Of Theme - thesnidr
Best Use Of Handicap - Haymanmarc
Best Presentation - Lonewolff :)

Reviews thus far in decending order of score.
Spoiler

Edited by Lonewolff, 14 November 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#16 Spydog

Spydog

I Am Me.

• GMC Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Spydog's Votes!

1) Lone White Blood Cell - BKSonic

2) Forced Evolution - Lonewolff

3) Doomshark - TheSnidr

4) Darwin's Basement - @Alex@

5) EvoLo - bobmoo

Best Use Of Theme: @Alex@ [for Darwin's Basement]

Best Use Of Handicap: programmer5 [for Train Wreck]

Best Presentation: Lonewolff [for Forced Evolution]

Best Devlog: TheSnidr

Spydog's Reviews! (Updated reviews of Off The Rails, LabWagon, and 7R41N)

Spoiler

Note: GM:Studio games, Windows 8, and my hardware don't get along for some reason.

Many jam games are unplayable on my laptop due to weird graphical errors, so I can't really judge those.

Games that didn't work on my computer:

Spoiler

Edited by Spydog, 13 November 2013 - 02:20 AM.

College-aged game developer.

Guess what? I'm on Twitter! You can follow me! @TheSpydog
And I might even follow you too!

#17 ThePC007

ThePC007

Chickenator

• GMC Member
  • 1062 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Alright then. Let's get started. 

My votes go to

1. Happy Sunshine - ShadowLancer
  2. DoomShark - theSnider
  3. Apex - Snail Man
  4. Serpent - Lune

Best Use Of Theme - Snail Man
Best Use Of Handicap - Lonewolff
Best Presentation - ShadowLancer
Best Devblog - no vote

My reviews:

Spoiler

Edited by ThePC007, 06 November 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#18 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

My votes go to:
1. Doomshark - by TheSnidr
2. Fox of the Night - by GreenBlizzard
3. Happy Sunshine - by Shadow_Lancer

4. Forced Evolution - by LoneWolff
5. Off The Rails - by TerraFriedSheep

Best Use of Theme: Doomshark - by TheSnidr
Best use of Handicap: Off The Rails - by TerraFriedSheep
Best Presentation: Doomshark - by TheSnidr
Best Devlog: N/A

I judge the games on 3 criterias on a ladder from 0 (bad) to 10 (good):

Visuals - Does the game look good visually? This criteria pretty much covers everything related to graphics.
Gameplay - This criteria is about how fun the game is and if the controls work well.
Originality - Does the game stands out? This criteria also includes the usage of Theme and Handicap.

Reviews done: LoneWolff, GreenBlizzard, Pixel Detective, TerraFriedSheep, TheSnidr, Lune, Spydog, Snail_Man, NAL, programmmer5, darkwalker247, Shadow_Lancer

Spoiler

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 18 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#19 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

My Reviews!

I have reviewed ALL of the entries!

I have rehosted and linked ALL of the games!

ukRfF1x.png

1st: Locomotive on Legs-Spydog

I almost cried playing this two minute game. It starts out cute then

​takes you on an emotional roller-coaster of self discovery.

ga6DWcl.png

2nd: Doomshark-TheSnidr

Full 3-D game with epic shaders for animations? YES PLEASE!

This game is easy on the eyes, and the brain! Move your "fish" through rings with the mouse
and avoid obstacles along the way. The whole game was appealing to me. Short, sweet, simple.

m9Kaxd3.png

3rd: Baby's First Steam Engine-Mercerenies

This is one of the only one's I played while the Jam was still going. I like it a lot!

It's an economy based tycoon game based on evolving your railroads around the 'world'.

At least that's what I got, I think there is a story to it in the Games Topic over at the GMC.

Best of theme:Locomotive On Legs-Spydog 

​I loved the interpretation of the theme. :)

Best of Handicap: You Must Dodge-Kepons

I never expected trains, but I got them! :)

Best Presentation: Locomotive on Legs-Spydog

I never imagined a game made in 72 hours could touch me on such an emotional level!

The whole thing fits together perfectly.

Best Devlog: Baby's First Steam Engine-Mercerenies

I did not choose this out of ALL the logs, I picked one based on my top three.

Best Use of Feels: Locomotive on Legs

Best Eye Candy: Serpent - Lune & Forks - thegame

So, I'v been playing all of the jam games again for this one and it is a draw.

These two games. for me at least, were the most pleasing to look at.

I know it may not be an official jam award, but I thought they deserved a special mention.

Best Voting Post: Me! (lol)

Honourable Mentions

Mutation Train(My Game of course!)

Trains of War-Mr Magnus

Evolution of the Wheel-Chance

Mr.Bones' Great Pumpkin Smash-Grimdayz

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 02 November 2013 - 09:27 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#20 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Votes:

Spoiler

It's that time again! Woot!

The way I review Jam games is based mostly on “HOW AWESOME WAS THE CONCEPT?” followed closely by “How well was it done/how fun is it?” cause as we all know, everyone’s totally rushed when they’re doing one of these 72-hour things and the execution sometimes doesn’t quite match what you envisioned. (so in other words, don’t mind too much if I complain about the controls lol.) I believe that creating something different and taking risks is more important than sticking to the same tried-and-true formula with a few changes. There's a trade-off between polish/completeness and innovation, and I don't think that doing something outside your norms should count against you.

I will play, rate, and vote on all the games as usual, but the reviews themselves are by PM request. There are two reasons: 1) I'll run out of time if I review every game, and 2) I'd rather write a few detailed reviews that will be meaningful to the the reviewee, rather than 70 short reviews that might not get read. And if I review your game, all I ask of you is to reply and let me know your thoughts on it. And it'd be nice if you could write more than two sentences! The reviews will be edited into this post.

Good luck everyone!

REVIEWS:

Spoiler

Good luck everyone!

Edited by GameDevDan, 05 January 2014 - 11:51 AM.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#21 thegame

thegame

OinkIguana

• GMC Member
  • 1549 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

My votes go to
  • Project Adamii - darkwalker247 (38/60)
  • Locomotive On Legs - Spydog (36)
  • Doomshark - theSnidr (36)
  • Fan Grazer - Yal (36)
  • LabWagon - NAL (35)
  • Happy Sunshine - ShadowLancer (35)
  • Project 91 - Double Parallax (34)
  • 7r41n - N-Cubo (32)
  • Off The Rails - TerraFriedSheep (33)
  • You Must Dodge - Kepons (33)
  • Serpent - Lune (32)
  • Mutation Train - LukanSpellweaver (32)
  • Train Eater - Darzoz (32)
  • Fox Of The Night - Greenblizzard (31)
  • Wish That I Could Be Human - GameDevDan (31)
  • Forced Evolution - Lonewolff (31)
  • Train Game with Nukes - 95jonpet (31)
  • Reevo - JackOatley (30)
  • Lone White Blood Cell - bksonic (29)
  • Live Ammo - Detective Pixel (29)
  • Apex - Snail_Man (29)
  • Temple of Evolution - GlueGuy (28)
  • Don't be a train wreck - petrus_ward(28)
  • Kurai, the begining - MikeDark_x (28)
  • Time Train - JimmyBegg (27)
  • Train Wreck - programmer5 (27)
  • a Train through Evolution - thePC007 (27)
  • Blu Cat - Monstr Gaming (27)
  • The Great Pumpkin Patch Match - Oracizan (26)
  • Mr. Bones' Great Pumpkin Smash - Grimdayz (26)
  • Metro Assault - Syntaxibles (25)
  • Impossible Train - Nujuat (25)
  • Desolation: Planet Earth - xDJ357x (25)
  • Darwin's Basement - Spydog (24)
  • Candy Trains - Roflstmpz (24)
  • Trains of War - mr Magnus (24)
  • Trains Evolution - Dangerous Dave (23)
  • Baby's First Steam Engine - Mercerenies (23)
  • HellGauge Armagedon - DANT3 (23)
  • Rescue Her - Sirham (23)
  • Stereotype - CreamyBacon1 (22)
  • I Must Change To Go On - Nallebeorn (21)
  • The train of all life - trg601 (21)
  • Evolution of the Wheel - Chance (20)
  • The Devil's Railroad - HayManMarc (19)
  • YYH Shooter - GameDevDan (19)
  • The Train Game - RekNepZ (19)
  • Defend The Train - yokcos700 (19)
  • Darwin Express - 2Create (19)
  • Time To Live - Teroil (18)
  • Evolution of Survival - Sneezy103 (18)
  • Dead Reckoning - Archdemon (16)
  • Train Evolution - Overloaded & Jagtiger (16)
  • EvoLo - bobmoo (15)
  • Evo - Team Steeve (13)
  • Murder Train - brighteyes (12)
  • Forfun - Shadowrend (7)
  • Turbo Super Trans-Continental Afro Holocaust - makerofthegames (5)
  • Click the Train - Mercerenies (4)
Best Use Of Theme - theSnidr
Best Use Of Handicap - darkwalker247
Best Presentation - darkwalker247
Best Devblog - Lonewolff

Seems to me I am a hard marker since no scores are over 40. I think I'm comparing these solo/small team, 3 day games to the professional, multi-year productions, so don't take the low scores badly. I hope to have a better marking scheme for next jam.

It is generally the quality of the different components of the game that determines the ranking. These components are described in the text file. Ties in score are resolved by which I liked more.

Reviews in order played (59/59 complete)
Spoiler

All done. Reviews not in the spoiler are in this text file.

Edited by thegame, 09 November 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Examples: Inventory and Shop Example ||| Dialog System with messages, questions, input and more ||| Old dialog box example (May not work in new versions of GM:Studio)
Jam Games: 11: Abby and Elliot - 21st place ||| 12: Forks - 16th place ||| 13: White - 19th place
Completed games: White

#22 Roflstompz

Roflstompz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Muh Votes'  (I'll update this when all my reviews are done.)

If i say something about your game - e.g. "No sound effects!!1!?!!1" and your game does infact have sound effects, pm me and ill fix it up.

Placeholder ranks - just in case i don't get every review done. (Ranks will most likely change a bit)
1. Doomshark
2. Fox of the Night

3. Off the Rails
LabWagon
6. Lone White Blood Cell
7. Wish That I Could Be Human
8. Project91
9. Happy Sunshine
10. Forced Evolution
Forks
12. BFSE
13. Evolution of the Wheel
Serpent
17. Apex
18. Blu Cat
19. 7R41N
20. Time Train

Reviews:  1-15

Spoiler

Reviews:  16-30
Spoiler

31+
Spoiler

Edited by Roflstompz, 15 November 2013 - 04:13 AM.

SPrz7If.png

#23 NukeTheFox

NukeTheFox

Isaiah 11:6

• GMC Member
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Since I couldn't post a game, I think I can help by voting :3 

I enjoys playing games mute, so I wont rate sounds. All average scores are rounded

The choices are based on what I've played:

Best Use of Theme: Project Adamii by darkwalker247

Best Handicap: Project Adamii by darkwalker247

Best Presentation: Fox of the Night by Greenblizzard

Best Devblog: 7r41n by N-cubo

Reviews:

Spoiler

Edited by NukeTheCat, 31 October 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#24 NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1061 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

You're obviously gonna come read the reviews with the cutest host, eh?

The Bunny Review List :)

These are the games I most enjoyed:

1st place: Lab Wagon - NAL

2nd place: Project Adamii - darkwalker247

3rd place: Train Wreck - programmer5

Based on what I reviewed:

Best use of theme: Project Adamii - darkwalker247

Best use of handicap: Project Adamii - darkwalker247

Best DevLog: Train Evolution - Overloaded

Best Presentation: Fox of the Night - Greenblizzard

This forum is archived. The above may not reflect my current opinion, or may be irrelevant now.

#25 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yal's mighty votes

OK, so here goes my reviews. Brief comments on everything. Game gets a score on a scale of 24. 24 means an incredibly stunning game that is highly unlikely to have been completed in 72 hours, so please don't get too sad if you get something along the lines of 12 (which should be an average game).

List of ranking: games are inserted where I think they belong, and then they'll be sorted relative to each other. This list is sorted after how fun I found the games and how much work seemed to be put into making a good game, not after their score in the reviews below. If you're interested in your game's feedback, you should go read the reviews instead of checking this list as the list is likely biased and says less about your game than the reviews.

Reviews rank the game in sounds, visuals, story, gameplay, theme and handicap usage on a scale from 5 (perfect) to 0 (terrible, or nonexistant). Theme and handicap usage are ranked on a scale from 2 (good use) to 1 (use) to 0 (no use or poor use). The points have really nothing to do with the game ranking. I provide my first impression (if the game managed to make an impression on me) and my lasting memory (if any). I also provide a list of things to improve, that is, hopefully constructive feedback that can be used to make the game better if you don't plan to ditch it right after the jam.

RANKINGS:

Spoiler

Reviews:
Spoiler

Edited by Yal, 13 November 2013 - 09:28 AM.
Added more votes/reviews.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#26 petrus_ward

petrus_ward

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

My top 10 List

Lone White Blood Cell -----------------------------------------------------BKSonic

Off The Rails-------------------------------------------------------TerraFriedSheep

Darwins Basement----------------------------------------------------------@alex@

The Train Game------------------------------------------------------------RekNepZ

Forced Evolution-----------------------------------------------------------Lonewolff

Locomotive on legs---------------------------------------------------------Spydogs

Train Eater-----------------------------------------------------------------------Darzoz

Wish That i Could Be Human------------------------------------GameDevDan

7R41N--------------------------------------------------------------------------N_Cubo

Evolo----------------------------------------------------------------------------bobmoo

starbreakerwinbanner65prsent.jpg

#27 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

Mercerenies' Votes

My votes go to:
1. 7r41n - N-Cubo
2. Train Wreck - programmer5
3. DoomShark - TheSnidr

Best Use of Theme - TheSnidr (DoomShark)
Best Use of Handicap - xDJ357x (Desolation Planet Earth)
Best Presentation - TheSnidr (DoomShark)
Best Devblog - TBA

Unfortunately, it seems I won't have the time to play all of your games before the Jam ends. I've played a random selection of them and will be voting from that batch. Now, I offered several of the games recorded (and commentated) playthroughs as a community prize. As an apology for not having the chance to play through all of the Jam games, I am expanding that offer and potentially taking requests. If you would like to have me play through your game and post it on Youtube, simply message me over the next week or so and I'll see what I can do.

How I'm reviewing games this Jam:
Spoiler

Games (15)
Spoiler

Edited by Mercerenies, 13 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

iPqfGiP.png

#28 Feerple

Feerple

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Here are the comments and rankings! My special favorites will be in purple, the ones that didn't work will be in red. 

*Note: My favorites aren't necessarily games I think should win, they're just games that have that special little bit of charm. 

1st Happy_Sunshine by ShadowLancer

2nd LabWagon by Nal

3rd Off The Rails by TerraFriedSheep

Rankings:

Spoiler

Comments:

Spoiler

Edited by Feerple, 08 November 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#29 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Trg601's awesomesauce reviews and votes!!!

Votes: (out of the games I played already)

#1: thePC007, A train through evolution.

#2: Syntaxibles, Metro assault.

#3: 2Create, Darwin Express.

(And that is all I played so far... votes may change!)

Reviews:

20/60

Spoiler

Edited by trg601, 03 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#30 nujuat

nujuat

Alex Tritt Games

• GMC Member
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

All of the games I've played have been really good so far! So if yours is lower it's still great!

My reviews rankings so far (in order from best to least favourite): (5/60)

Spoiler

COGios.png  - - http://alextrittgames.com/  - - DGios.png
iOS - HTML5 - PC - MAC - OUYA

#31 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

MY VOTES GO TO

1 - Locomotive On Legs - Spydog

2 - Project91 - DoubleParallax

3 - Doom shark - TheSnidr

4. Wish That I Could Be Human - GameDevDan

5. Forks - thegame

6. HappySunshine - ShadowLancer

7. Fox of the Night - Greenblizzard

8. Fan Grazer - Yal

9. 7R41N - N-CUBO

10. The Great Pumpkin Patch Match - Oracizan

11. Apex - Snail_Man

12. Evolution of the Wheel - chance

13. Serpent - Lune

14. A Train Through Evolution - ThePC007

15 - LabWagon - NAL

16. Kurei - MikeDark_x

17. Forced Evolution - Lonewolff

18. Evolution of Survival - Sneezy 103

19. You Must Dodge - kepons

20. The Train Game - RekNepZ

21- Temple of Evolution

22. Mutation Train - LukanSpellweaver

23. Train Game With Nukes - 95jonpet

24. Train Wreck - programmer5

25 - Rescue Her - Sirham

26 - Train Evolution - Dangerous_Dave

27 - Project Adamii - DarkWalker247

28 - Candy Train - Roflstmpz

29 - Impossible Train - Nujuat

30 - Train Evolution (another one) - Overloaded & Jagtiger

31 - Reevo - JackOatley

32 - Darwin's basement - @Alex@

33 - Great Pumpkin Smash - Grimdayz

34 - Off The Rails - TerraFriedSheep

35 - Lone White Blood Cell

36 - Baby's First Steam Engine

37 - HellGauge Armagedon - DANT3

38 - Train Eater - Darzoz

39 - Blu Cat - Monstr Gaming

40 - Live Ammo - Detective Pixel

41 - Metro Assault - Syntaxibles

42 - Darwin's Express - 2Create

43 - Dead Reckoning - Archdemon

44 - The Train of All Life - trg601 (no review, sorry)

45 - Desolation Planet Earth - xDJ357x

46 - Trains of War - mr magnus

47 - Evo - TeamSteeve

48 - Don't Be a Train Wreck - petrus_ward

49 - Time To Live - Teroil

50 - Time Train - JimmyBegg

51 - EvoLu - bobmoo

52 - Devil's Railroad - HayManMarc

53 - Stereotype - CreamyBacon1

54 - Defend the Train - yokcos700

55- YYH Shooter - GameDevDan (again)

56 - Murder Train - brighteyes

57 - Turbo Super Trains-Continental Afro Holocaust - makerofthegames 

58 - ForFun - ShadowRend

59 - Click the Train - Merceneries (for the second time)

Best Use of Theme: chance with "Evolution of the Wheel"

Best Use of Handicap: Dangerous_Dave with "Train Evolution"

Best Presentation: Spydog with "Locomotive On Legs"

Best DevLog: bksonic, creator of "Lone White Blood Cell"

REVIEWS

Spoiler

Edited by Nallebeorn, 14 November 2013 - 05:42 PM.

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#32 TheSnidr

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist

• GMC Elder
  • 3345 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

After playing through the games, here are my top ten:
1. Fox Of The Night by Greenblizzard
2. Labwagon by NAL
3. Apex by Snail_Man
4. Reevo by Jack Oatley
5. Off The Rails by TerraFriedSheep
6. Forks by TheGame
7. Locomotive On Legs by Spydog
8. Train Game With Nukes by 95jonpet
9. Project Adamii by Darkwalker 247
10. Happy Sunshine by ShadowLancer

Best Presentation - Darkwalker 247
Best Devblog - NAL

I'm not much of a reviewer, but I wrote down some short notes on some of the games:
Spoiler

#33 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Okay... my voting post! :sorcerer:

I started by playing through all the games once, and intended to just make a ranking and do reviews for the top x games, but I figured I didn't know the games well enough, so I did another playthough( I really did find many new things about a lot of the games by doing this) and made these comments. To make it simple,  I decided to say what I thought was Good about the game, what I thought was Bad(room for improvement), and then anything else if I had more to say about it. Please don't take all of it too personally or seriously; It was a long, tiring list of games to play, so my mood wasn't always at top.

I didn't always play through the whole game. Sometimes it was too difficult, other times it just didn't seem like it would give me anything more, or it was a game without an end, but with new things appearing, depending on how far I got or how well I did. Partially because of this, I won't take the theme and handicap much into consideration when voting, because how would I know if the game didn't use the theme or handicap if I didn't play through the whole thing? 

My votes go to

1. DoomShark - TheSnidr
  2. Apex - Snail_Man
  3. Reevo - JackOatley

Full list:​

Spoiler

Comments on all the games that worked for me:

Spoiler

Games that didn't work - I will try on a different computer if I'm able to:
Murder Train by brighteyes

If I've somehow managed to miss your game, or you disagree or feel my comment/ranking isn't justified, please send me a message, and I will try to play your game again.

Edited by Greenblizzard, 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#34 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

GameDevDan's Votes
Played through every entry with NAL & Dadio, horribly offensive videos of which may or may not be uploaded soon. I have only picked a top 10 as personally the rest are kind of an equal muddle. Written reviews provided for the top three only, but as I say our videos may be up sometime. Please don't watch them.

1- Fox Of The Night  - Greenblizzard
Very good game, had a feel of the early playstation era to it... like a mix of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Ratchet & Clank. Graphics were good (for a 3D GM game), and game play was interesting. Theme was loosely present in the main character and the upgrades to his weapon. Didn't complete the game so I can't really comment on the handicap. I will say though, that I was disappointed in the lack of sound and the controls needed some definite tweaking. Overall a very fun game though and definitely the best in the jam.

2 - Lab Wagon - NAL
I was always scared of Andrew's game from the first day I sat opposite him in the kitchen that frosty jam weekend... I know in my heart, no matter the result, he has bested me and the rest of the YoYo house with a pretty darn fun game. Handicap obviously is fulfilled and the theme is more subtly so through the evolution of the character's stats. The random generation and classic platform shooter game play make this one a must for voting in this jam. Negatives - the graphics are not great (though transitions and animations are smooth) and the game can get kind of repetitive.

3 - Doomshark - TheSnidr
It's embarrassing how many times TheSnidr can rock up and make a mockery of everyone else's entry with some fantastically beautiful 3D game... if you've played it, you know it's good. The graphics are stunning (again, for a GM game), the theme is accounted for and the game play is fun. The controls are kind of iffy and the trains are very loosely crowbarred in, but it has to be placed in my top three this jam.

4 - Forks - thegame
5 - I Must Change To Go On - Nallebeorn
6 - Project91 - DoubleParrallax
7 - Happy Sunshine - ShadowLancer
8 - Serpent - Lune
9 - Reevo - Jack Oatley
10 - Impossible Train - Nujuat

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#35 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

My votes go to
1. Fox of the Night - Greenblizzard
2. Lab Wagon - NAL
3. Evolution of the Wheel - Chance
4. Off the Rails - TerraFriedSheep
5. Apex - Snail Man
6. Happy Sunshine - Shadow Lancer
7. Lone White Blood Cell - BK Sonic
8. Wish That I Could Be Human - GameDevDan

Best Use Of Theme - TheSnidr
Best Use Of Handicap - Mercerenies
Best Presentation - NAL
Best Vineblog - NAL

58/60 Reviews, in alphabetical order. Excluded are my own game and Brighteyes', whose did not work for me.
Spoiler

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#36 Shadow_Lancer

Shadow_Lancer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

My votes go to

• Apex - Snail_Man
  • DoomShark -   theSnider
  • Time Train - JimmyBegg

Votes 4-20

Spoiler

Reviews for the top 3 -

Spoiler

Edited by Shadow_Lancer, 09 November 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#37 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9450 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

I have had a terrible time with the games, I think my new laptop hates GM. Many, many of the games were unplayable. Those that were all had quirks that I'm pretty sure were not how most people would see it. I'm starting to think that's why I had so much trouble with my own game, spending many hours trying to fix crazy bugs.

As a result, I'll just vote for a top 3 based on what I could play (and all these I had issues with, but I liked what I saw anyway).

My votes go to
1. Evolution of the Wheel - Chance: Another physics game as usual. Nice use of theme. I think my computer doesn't like it because when I shoot the tank, I get what looks like a texture page (what I assume is supposed to be smoke). But I'm guessing that's not your fault :D
2. Forks - thegame: Very nice graphics, which remind me a bit of Braid as they are in a painted style. Good use of handicap, interesting use of forks.
3. Doom Shark - TheSnidr: nice game, fun and an interesting take on evolution.

#38 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sorry it has taken me a while to post here this time round. Due to time constraints and with the aim of leaving some feedback for as many games as I can, I'm leaving the impressions the game left as soon as I finished playing, rather than agonising over a well worded response. I'm hoping my feedback will supplement other feedback your game has received and therefore hopefully help you think how your game can be improved, or where you got it right. I hope it is of some use!

Last minute edit:
Oh no! The topic is closing sooner than I thought, so I'll post these votes in now just in case (sorry to anyone's game I haven't had time to try) I've had a quick re-read of my comments and voted based on them and the impression the game has left on me:

1. Evolution of the Wheel by chance
2. You Must Dodge by kepons
3. 7R41N by N-Cubo

Feedback sorted by game title.

7R41N by N-Cubo
Spoiler

Blu Cat by Monstr Gaming
Spoiler

Darwin Express by 2Create
Spoiler

Darwins Basement by @Alex@
Spoiler

Dead Reckoning by Archdemon
Spoiler

Defend The Train by yokcos700
Spoiler

Evo by Team Steeve
Spoiler

Evolution of the Wheel by Chance
Spoiler

Forced Evolution by Lonewolff
Spoiler

Great Pumpkin Smash by Grimdayz
Spoiler

HellGauge Armagedon by DANT3
Spoiler

Live Ammo by Detective Pixel
Spoiler

Project Adamii by Darkwalker247
Spoiler

Project91 by DoubleParrallax
Spoiler

Reevo by JackOatley
Spoiler

Temple Of Evolution by GlueGuy
Spoiler

The Devils Railroad by HayManMarc
Spoiler

The Great Pumpkin Patch Match by Oracizan
Spoiler

The Train Of All Life by trg601
Spoiler

Time To Live by Teroil
Spoiler

Train Game With Nukes by 95jonpet
Spoiler

Turbo Super Trans-Continental Afro Holocaust by makerofthegames
Spoiler

You Must Dodge by Kepons
Spoiler

YYH Shooter by GameDevDan
Spoiler

Edited by TerraFriedSheep, 14 November 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#39 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

My votes go to:

1. I Must Change to Go On -- Nallebeorn
2. The Train of All Life -- trg601
3. Off the Rails -- TerraFriedSheep
4. Darwin Express -- 2Create
5. A Train through Evolution -- thePC007
6. Darwin's Basement -- @Alex@
7. I Wish I Could be Human -- GameDevDan
8. Serpent -- Lune
9. Trains Evolution -- Dangerous_Dave

Here's my reviews, in random order. I couldn't play all the games this Jam, so there may be better games out there... or maybe not. But the ones I played contained some excellent entries -- and some deserving winners.
Spoiler

Edited by chance, 15 November 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#40 GlueGuy

GlueGuy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

My votes go to
1. Turbo Super Trans-Continental Afro Holocaust - MakerOfTheGames
2. YYH_Shooter - GameDevDan
3. Serpent - Lune

Best Use Of Theme     - Lone White Blood Cell (By BKSonic)
Best Use Of Handicap - Time Train (By JimmyBegg)
Best Presentation        - Evolo (By bobmoo)
Best Devblog               - NAL (epic vines)

REVIEWS (FUN!)
Turbo Super Trans-Continental Afro Holocaust (makerofthegames)
Spoiler

YYH_Shooter (GameDevDan)
Spoiler

Serpent (Lune)
Spoiler

Closing message:
BOB MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, thanks Nocturne, for making this event possible :)

Edited by GlueGuy, 14 November 2013 - 03:43 AM.

ucjb67L.png

#41 Catox

Catox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Okay, here is my voting.
I didn't have time to sort the games I ranked D and could only place there between the others, so here it is :

1. Project Adamii_________________Darkwalker247
2. Project91______________________DoubleParrallax
3. LabWagon_____________________Nal
4. Apex_______________________________Snail_Man
5. Fox Of The Night________________Greenblizzard
6. Fan Grazer________________________Yal
7. DoomShark_______________________theSnider
8. Serpent_________________________Lune
9. Impossible Train_______________Nujuat
10. 7R41N_____________________________N-Cubo
11. Lone White Blood Cell_________BKSonic
12. Off The Rails___________________TerraFriedSheep
13. Locomotive On Legs___________Spydog
14. Forced Evolution_________________Lonewolff
15. You Must Dodge_______________Kepons
16. A Train Through Evolution________thePC007
17. Reevo__________________________JackOatley
18. Temple Of Evolution___________GlueGuy
19. Train Game With Nukes________95jonpet
20. The Great Pumpkin Patch Match____Oracizan
21. Happy_Sunshine________________ShadowLancer
22. Forks_____________________________thegame
23. Live Ammo____________________Detective Pixel
24. Wish That I Could Be Human___GameDevDan
25. Metro Assault__________________Syntaxibles
26. Dont Be A Train Wreck___________petrus_ward
27. Train Eater_____________________Darzoz
28. Candy Trains______________________Roflstmpz
29. I must change to go on________Nallebeorn
30. Trains_Evolution_______________Dangerous_Dave
31. Great Pumpkin Smash__________Grimdayz
32. Evolo_____________________________bobmoo
33. Blu Cat____________________________Monstr Gaming
34. Darwins Basement________________@Alex@
35. Kurei___________________________MikeDark_x
36. Stereotype_____________________CreamyBacon1
37. Evolution of the Wheel___________Chance
38. Time Train_____________________JimmyBegg
39. The Train Game________________RekNepZ
40. The Train Of All Life____________trg601
41. HellGauge_Armagedon________DANT3
42. Train Wreck_____________________programmer5
43. Mutation Train_________________LukanSpellweaver
44. BFSE_______________________________Mercerenies
45. Desolation Planet Earth___________xDJ357x
46. Train Evolution_________________Overloaded_&_Jagtiger
47. Time To Live___________________Teroil
48. Click The Train____________________Mercerenies
49. Dead Reckoning_______________Archdemon
50. Evolution of Survival_____________Sneezy103
51. Defend The Train_________________yokcos700
52. Trains Of War__________________mr Magnus
53. Darwin Express____________________2Create
54. Evo_____________________________Team Steeve
55. The Devils Railroad_____________HayManMarc
56. Rescue Her_____________________Sirham
57. Train Thing____________________Desttinghim
58. YYH_Shooter___________________GameDevDan
59. Murder Train___________________brighteyes
60. ForFun_________________________Shadowrend
61. Turbo Super Trans-Continental Afro Holocaust_____makerofthegames

I'll try to add the review here as well.

-edit-
here are the reviews, in order of testing.
First two tests were done roughly two weeks ago (just when the zip was given), and the rest was done in the 3 last days.
First Contact is the impression I get before actually playing : getting to the menu screen and checking the instructions when they are indicated before you chose the "play" option.
Play is my experience and opinion on the game
Theme and handicap, well, that's clear enough
Notation is my very personal appreciation of the game. Sometimes a game well done feels very bad for some reason, and a crappy game can be really enjoyable at a given moment. A is top notch, B is good or pretty good, C is middle class, D isn't very good or worse, E means the crappiest thing possible, or something absolutely impossible to play, or a joke game.

There you go !

Spoiler

And now it's time to see if I can sort it all before the end of the day.

Edited by Catox, 15 November 2013 - 12:12 AM.

GMC JAM 13 is happening NAOW !

It's review and vote time !

Play free games, give input to game makers, determine your own values in game making, GO NOW, time is counted !

#42 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Voting over! Results to be announced on Sunday 17th!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voting, gmcjam