Reply to ALL THE POINTS!
Be careful not to make the game too hard. This is just my personal opinion, that these types of game I just want to progress through relatively fast without having to grind for too long to defeat the game.
- FIrst few levels are too slow. Tutorial is very nice but level 1 and 2 in particular just bores me. Unless your targeted group is 4 years old I'd like to start at a higher difficulty.
This feels like the hardest part, yes. I feel like this is going to be a thing that I'll constantly have to adjust.
- 1 coin per health left system is unreasonable. If the player is stuck and needs upgrade to proceed, the most efficient way is to grind level 1 over and over again. He should decide where to grind based on how he assess his skills. Rewards needs to increase each level.
Not sure what you mean by this. If you misunderstood:
You can't grind more than 100 coins each level. If you have a score of 80 on level 1, then play it again reaching 95 health left - You'll get the difference in coins (15), not your new score as a whole (95).
However, increasing the coin-reward for each level seems like a good idea, although I'm not sure how that would affect the shop-prices.
- I miss overview of my progression each time I complete a level. Instead of just next, next, next, I'd like to return to the screen where I can see how much I've unlocked. It motivates to keep going.
There's a menu-button that takes you back to the level-select, and I wanted to have a Next-button to have quick access to the next level.
- Mages & Helicopter. Archers & Tanks. Theme doesn't match up and the disconnection doesn't give anything. I'd prefer dragon over helicopters and knights over tanks to defend my castle.
What can I say.. This might be a must-do for the release-version.
- I have no idea what the upgrades in the shop does. It might be related to the game still is in beta, still noticable.
Next on the list for sure! The shop really needs a re-do. It's both unclear and not really good-looking either
Thanks a lot for the feedback! (This is not a defence-reply, I just want to make sure I understood your feedback right