Hello everyone. Since the original Gamemaker Spine runtime isn't being developed anymore, I decided to port the Official Spine C-Runtime. Porting the official runtime offers the following benefits:
- It should be fairly straight forward to keep the feature set in sync ( free form deformation is coming! )
- Others with varying levels of skill should be able to contribute
Ability to take advantage of documentation available online as well as examples provided by the Spine community, see: http://esotericsoftw...using-runtimes/
Compatible with: GMS v1.2+ (Tested with v1.2.1264)
Direct download: v0.55
Github Page: https://github.com/ecriss/gmspineapi
HTML5 Demo: https://dl.dropboxus...eapi/index.html
RELEASE v0.55 - Feb 27, 2014
- WHAT'S NEW - Now works in Internet Explorer! - WebGL is now optional so now it works on Internet Explorer 9 to 11, Opera and Safari - HTML5 is now much faster. Seems even faster than Windows YYC on Chrome and IE11 on my machine - Added title screen demo - Added Spine sample Power Up animation - BUG FIXES - fixed HTML5 bug where the animation locks up after a certain number of instances - Fixed YYC crash when switching skins - other fixes I didn't keep track of - NOTE - GM:S still can't detect IE11 properly see: http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=13212 So in order to test on IE11 set forceHtml5Rendering=true in spine_controller.
RELEASE v0.54 - Feb 22, 2014
- Finally works on HTML5 - Check the demo at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4489901/gmspineapi/index.html - Confirmed working on Firefox and Chrome, doesn't work on IE11 as you might expect - Doesn't work when using Win JS - Added 4th demo to demonstrate Skinning - Roughly 10% faster - Fixed drawing bug where attachments don't get drawn when a skeleton contains more slots than bones - Other minor bugs fixes (I didn't keep track of all the fixes)
RELEASE v0.53 - Feb 17, 2014
- Added latest fixes and improvements from Official C Runtime - Improved animation mixing other minor improvements - Fixed memory leaks - Updated license to Spine Runtimes Software License version 2 - Changed implementation to use Deactivated instances instead of Ds Maps - Easier to use and better performammce - Speed improvements: * With YYC, 58% more instances while maintaining 30fps * Without YYC, 20% more instances while maintaining 30fps - Memory improvements: * With YYC, 200% more memory efficient compared to Ds Maps implementation * Without YYC, 100% more memory efficient compared to Ds Maps implementation - Other changes - Added intellisense argument comments - Fixed animation mixing - Should now work on both stable and beta versions of GM:S - Improved demos to run on touchscreen environment - Added 1 additional demo * Note that the API has issues with the Early Access version of 1.3. The sprites don't seem to draw at all. All that appears is a walking stack of rectangles.
Spine runtime by kabecao:
Edited by ecriss, 28 February 2014 - 09:19 AM.