After implementing the Oculus Rift for Game Maker, it was time to implement Razer Hydra support. And so I did.
Just like GMOculus, this project is open-source. We're still working on the website, but you can find the source code here:
- A simple Game-Maker example that implements the Hydra wrapper DLL.
- The wrapper DLL (Because Game Maker can't handle datatypes and reference variables etc.)
- The source-code for the wrapper DLL (Visual C++ - Made in Visual Studio 2010)
Shoot in bugs / feature requests here: https://github.com/R.../GMHydra/issues
Ofcourse you can also help fix some requests / issues there.
Stuff to come:
- Working buttons
- A better and smoother rotation tracking code.
- Making this a simple GMZ / GEX
- Combining the GMZ / GEX with the Oculus
- Create a kick-ass demo for the Oculus / Hydra.
V0.1 - A buggy but working version of GMHydra
V0.2 - A less buggy version, can actually be used in a game!
- I've improved the rotation matrix script, the DLL now spurts out Pitch Roll and Yaw much better. Also there was a bug that didn't show the Hemisphere tracking / filtering (the getters didn't work).
- Improved some DLL code
- Removed old code from GMX
- Added a 2D testsuite (for the rotation issues)
- Added a hydra model, so you know how to make your models to fit the hydra's feel
- Calibration technique updated
Let me know how you guys think about it!
Edited by blackhawkrobbo, 06 January 2014 - 08:58 PM.