How does that sound? Oculus support for Game-Maker? Sweet, doesn't it? What if I told you its open-source, and easy to integrate in existing games? Too sweet? Check it out!
Me and Indecom4000 have been working together in order to integrate Oculus Rift support for Game Maker.
A few issues we had;
1. The oculus DLL wasn't ready for GameMaker, so Indecom4000 wrote our own wrapper-DLL
2. The barrel-distortion that must be created to counter the pincushion-distortion on the oculus. This has been done in the way of a shader, also by Indecom4000.
3. The calculation of the eye-position. Was quite hard to accomplish, but i think we have it figured out right now.
- Works on GM - Master Collection
- Uses Surfaces for 3D drawing
- Uses Shaders to adapt the surfaces
- Uses a custom DLL to communicate with the Oculus Rift (almost latencyless!)
- Has a neat codebase, shouldn't be too hard to integrate. An extension is on its way!
- Has a neat demo. I've probably spent too much time on that, but it looks sweet.
- Its open-source. The sourcecode is on GitHub. Please, if you made a neat addition to the code, send me a PullRequest and if its good we'll merge it into the project!
- If you don't want to add anything cool, solve an issue!
EXE Download (v 0.21)
GMZ Download (v 0.21)
Topic on Oculus Developer Forum
Look with mouse
Walk with WASD
"O" - switch to Oculus view
"P" - switch to regular view
The oculus rendering is somewhat better, and i've added basic anaglyph support... Which doesn't work yet.
The rendering should first be fixed.
Here are the new issues:
Edited by blackhawkrobbo, 07 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.