#1 Gioku

Gioku

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

AotZ_C_zps85c5842b.png

ATTACK OF THE ZOMMIES is going to be a strange new addition to the family of platform shooter games. You're crash landed in a graveyard with a mad scientist and his broken robot during the "Zommie" apocalypse. (Your airship was attacked by a dragon, of all things!) Now it's up to you to get the airship put back together (along with anything else anyone wants done), and stop all this madness! The gameplay is inspired by the likes of The Legend of Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Kirby, Metroid and (eventually) even Dance Dance Revolution... With this project, I've striven to create a scenario in which anything goes... no matter what happens, nothing is too strange to be a possibility in Attack of the Zommies!

This demo contains the first 3 missions of the game. I'm excited to hear some feedback (and maybe learn about some bugs that I may have missed)!

Controls:
  • A/D: Walk left/right
  • W: Aim up
  • Shift: Sprint
  • Space: Jump
  • Ctrl: Shoot
  • E: Interact
  • Enter: Advance text
  • Left/Right Arrows: Change weapons
  • Esc: Pause
Screenshots:
Spoiler

Edited by Gioku, 16 August 2013 - 10:17 PM.

AotZ_C2_zps7c578a46.pngepjtrans_sig_zpsc3f06155.png

#2 Gioku

Gioku

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

48 hour bump.

I'm up to version 0.0.3; it has three missions and comprises the first section of the first world (the graveyard) of the game.
Here's a screenshot from the newest update:
screenshot111_zps0691015e.png

I'd really like to hear what you think of the game so far! It's still very early in development, but it's running along at a good pace! The next update will probably take a bit longer to finish, though, because it will require a lot of new graphics, and I'll be adding a boss battle.

Edited by Gioku, 19 August 2013 - 12:40 AM.

#3 Mornez

Mornez

GMC Member

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

I left a comment on your games homepage...

The game looks good so far...

.....................................................My Websites................................................         My Videos             

754997_orig.jpg  4295588_orig.jpg  1913238_orig.jpg  5184980_orig.png  

#4 Gioku

Gioku

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Here's a screenshot of some current progress:
screenshot114_zps1c5986cb.png
This next update will probably be ready sometime later this week! It'll be a rather large update; it'll add music, an entire new area (the catacombs), the first boss battle, an inventory system, and an entire new class of weapons (special weapons, and there will be one special weapon in the next demo). I can't wait to get this one done!

Also, if you haven't yet played the current demo, please feel free to do so! I'm still looking for feedback on the current update, too! ;)

Edited by Gioku, 19 August 2013 - 12:46 AM.