#1 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

ieilh5.png

The world is terrorized by robot monsters and it is up to you to stop them. Fight till the end and uncover the darkest secret of your salvation in this difficult retro style arcade.

Super Robo Monster Blaster 3000 is a side view, 32-bit retro style, shooter arcade that's my entry for the GMC Jam 11. Your objective in the game is to stop the monsters by blasting them up with your ray gun.

Spoiler

INSTRUCTIONS

Press the left and right arrow keys to move
Press up arrow key to aim your gun upwards
Press Z to jump
Press X to shoot
*Press F1 to view the rules again (its also good for pausing)
*Press F4 to change from Fullscreen to Window (and viceversa)

NOTE: You can gain health by standing still or grabbing meds from the ground.

Screenies

Spoiler

Download Super Robo Monster Blaster 3000 at GameJolt

#2 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

score: 2020. stage: 5 first try.

the retro old skool pixelated graphics were drawn perfectly. i can tell you're the art type of game designer, i didn't know what the hell that laser eye chewbacca thing was.

i think the instructions for the controls weren't displayed long enough or maybe should have been displayed earlier on a separate screen.

i was hoping to run through some levels and not play an increasing difficulty game. i was all riled up for a sidescrolling shooter. you had a nice story started.

anyways, you spent a weekend making this and it's more than i did. good job.

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#3 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

I had to necrobump this because today I am releasing the last update this game will ever have. I made some mayor improvements. There are some new things into it as well. So check it out!

#4 RoundCircleandSphere314628

RoundCircleandSphere314628

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 81 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

score: 2020. stage: 5 first try.
the retro old skool pixelated graphics were drawn perfectly. i can tell you're the art type of game designer, i didn't know what the hell that laser eye chewbacca thing was.

Im pretty sure its a lion.

All it all, it seemed like a joke game made in 5 minutes, so meh. There was only one room, dodging obstacles and repetitive enemies over and over again. Enemies either spawn on the right or left hand of the screen. The tutorial didn't even pause the game, I litterally had to dodge obstacles while I was reading the tutorial, and before I could finish, it disappeared...

The story was epic, but it seemed like a waste to use it on something so meh. The game had one redeeming feature, the final boss was some kind of dude in a toga, but that is a far too sadistic for me to trudge through endless repetitive gameplay from the very beginning with no coontinues or save ability just to beat the final boss.

Edited by RoundCircleandSphere314628, 18 February 2016 - 12:00 AM.

"The fall of Luminiferous aether marked the fall of rational civilization." 

J8RZAKE.pngFirst place winner of best gameplay/most fun game of Psuedo 3D Game Jam

Also winner of highest speed/performance of Psuedo 3D Game Jam

Star Crisis - http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=691331&hl=