• Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Z3WScdp.png
A turn based battle board game.

DownloadWan
DownloadToo

Jam Topic

1pJdOVX.png ceKzvqE.png

This is my entry to the GMC Jam #11 72-hour competition. This game was made entirely in that 72 hours and I really didn't have time to put everything in it that I wanted to.

The theme was "Monsters" and the handicap was "Must not contain violence of any kind".

I tried to make the monsters perform actions which seem violent on the surface, but then reveal themselves to be perfectly innocent and harmless actions instead.

Edited by TeamSteeve, 29 July 2013 - 11:46 PM.

TeamSteeveBanner.png

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

This looks great. Nice artwork, great music, and a nice intro. The graphics for the monster characters is good. And I like that font you use in the instructions. What is that? A microsoft font, or something custom? It's nice.

It's especially cool how the game's view changes perspective from traditional top-down to the 3D view from the side. And the transition between those two points-of-view is very clever.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do here. I mean, I can select a location to move to (green square), select an action, and then select a monster. But nothing happens. :( What am I doing wrong here? And how do I know whether a particular action is "allowed"? I'm totally baffled.

But this looks cool so I've love to get into it more. Can you give me some hints about how to play?

#3 TeamSteeve

TeamSteeve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1359 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

This looks great. Nice artwork, great music, and a nice intro. The graphics for the monster characters is good. And I like that font you use in the instructions. What is that? A microsoft font, or something custom? It's nice.
It's especially cool how the game's view changes perspective from traditional top-down to the 3D view from the side. And the transition between those two points-of-view is very clever.
But for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do here. I mean, I can select a location to move to (green square), select an action, and then select a monster. But nothing happens. :( What am I doing wrong here? And how do I know whether a particular action is "allowed"? I'm totally baffled.
But this looks cool so I've love to get into it more. Can you give me some hints about how to play?

Yeah sorry about that.
The idea is that if the monster you choose ends up being out of range for the action you've chosen, you miss. I was planning to do some more animation to make that clear but really just ran out of time.

If you check the range written next to the actions, you can see how far way the other monster can be. Most have to be fairly close, except for the action "stare".

Thanks for playing and I hope you get to actually do stuff if you have the chance to play again.

TeamSteeveBanner.png