GAMES TOPIC HERE!

Nocturne's Big Zip O' Games (731MB)

VOTING TOPIC HERE!

Countdown Clock

http://gmcjam.thegmc.com/

WINNERS!

GMC_Jam_11_Winner_zpseb69f4e8.png

GMC_Jam_11_2nd_1_zps028f5ede.png    GMC_Jam_11_2nd_2_zpse9082603.png

GMC_Jam_11_Theme_zpsa2eef778.png  GMC_Jam_11_Handicap_zps0f03ce52.png  GMC_Jam_11_Presentation_zpsce2c2cef.png  GMC_Jam_11_Devlog_zps2d69f9d1.png

Ahhh... Summer! Time for holidays, ice cream, people with less clothes than normal and.... Great GMCJam #11!!! Yes, the time is upon us once more when we spend our sweaty holiday hours slaving over the keyboard to create a 72hour masterpiece and win the approval (or not!) of our peers. This time around the Jam will run from Saturday 27th of July through Monday 29th and will be 72 hours dedicated purely to game development. Are you ready?

For those of you that aren't initiated in the ways of the Jam, please read on...

WHAT IS IT?

The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.

WHEN IS IT?

• Competition officially Starts Saturday 27th July (but hype usually starts up on Friday before midnight when the theme is announced)
  • 72 hours long from 00:00 GMT Saturday 27th ...to... 23:59 GMT Monday 29th

THEME

• Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
  • This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
  • Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
  • To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
  • The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.

VOTING

• All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme (see above).
  • Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation", and the "Best Devblog".
  • It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
  • It is NOT obligatory to play nor review all the games! Honestly, when dealing with so many games, it is a difficult and sometimes daunting task to play through all of them and then vote. So don't do it! Play as many as you feel comfortable with and then vote for which of those that you liked, leaving comments and feedback where possible. Don't worry, the SSE voting system that we use will compensate. If everyone does this then all games WILL get played, and have feedback, which is what this is all about, and I'd prefer to see 5 quality reviews accompanied by five votes to 60 votes and no reviews.
  • In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
  • Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.

PARTICIPATING

• All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
  • You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
  • Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
  • The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
  • HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DIRECT LINK TO DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
  • People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
  • Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)

GMC PRIZES

• The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next jam theme.
  • Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!

COMMUNITY PRIZE LIST

These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to NAL or Dangerous_Dave and they will add it to this post.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!   :o

Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (but please do not reward last place!).

You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!

PRIZES

• GameDevDan
    * The top 3 games will be featured in a review of some kind on http://gmnewsbite.net/ along with any of my personal favourites.
    * Cheekiest review of any game wins a banner.
  • NAL
    * Highest-placing game that is not a platformer will receive Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year edition.
    * 15th place winner (in the event of a tie, prize raises to the nearest unique place) wins Scribblenauts Unlimited.
    * The median winner wins Serious Sam Classic: The First & Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE.
    * Best Reviewer wins Cart Life.
    * Best Use of Theme and Best Use of Handicap winners each win Serious Sam HD: The First and Second Encounter.
    * Best Devlog winner wins Garry's Mod.
  • @Alex@
    We'll be offering a free copy of every-one of our current iOS Apps to the top three.
    * Temple Thief
    * Kings
    * Pebbles
    * Meteor The Second Impact
  • Martian Barnacle
    Will write the all new Post GMC Jam Very Very Bad Crossover Fan-Fiction, which shall be a well-written and original work of literature that cleverly weaves together the stories of each game that places lower than 3rd and higher than 7th. (Even games that have no story to them whatsoever)
  • Snail_Man
    The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners will appear in my next jam game. Most likely as Easter Eggs, but possibly as main character. (I'll PM the winners after they've been announced to see what they'd want to look like in a game. If they don't answer, I'll be forced to get creative, usually taking the form of getting photograph or the avatar of said person, and pasting it on a character's head ingame)
  • TheUltimate
    Will be offering a prize, as yet undecided.
  • greep
    8th Place will win Frozen Synapse.
  • Chessmasterriley
    Graphical Overhaul Special to my favorite entry. This essentially includes a graphical rework for an entire game based on your specifications. Roughly, it will include 8-10 fully animated sprites, 3 depth separated tileable backgrounds (or) full tilesets, and any user interface graphics/menus
    Give or take a few here and there to finalize the game within reason.
  • TerraFriedSheep
    Will review the winning entry in the reviewers choice forum
  • mr magnus
    I'll write a poem about the games that place as such:
    * The game I give my 1st place vote.
    * The game that comes 1 place above my entry (in case of a tie I'll go with the one that I like more).
    * The game that wins "best use of theme".
  • BretHudson
    Indie Power Magazine is willing to do an article on the winning game, as well as do a short interview with the winner.
  • trg601
    Offers a banner to their personal favorite game
  • Zargy
    Will make a video review of the top 5 games on his channel: http://www.youtube.c...makeruniversity
    In addition, he will also discuss the top games on the first GMU podcast after the competition.
  • HayManMark
    Is offering the "HayMan Monopoly prize" to 1st place (paypal required). Value: $10
  • TrueValhalla
    Copy of my book Making Money With HTML5 for my three favorite entries
    Review on Game Maker Blog for the winning entry
    $50 via PayPal to my favorite reviewer
  • SuperGuy
    Ad on sidebar of http://fordevsbydevs.wordpress.com/ for said game lasting a month to the 4th place game?)
    5th place recieves a copy of Gun Monkeys on Steam.
  • shadow gamer
    * 4th place-Space Tank(Beta)
    * 5th place-Source Code for "Arachnids: The Saga", as well as full permission to use the idea and graphics(You probably don't want the graphics, though :P).
    * 6th place-If you have minecraft and play Yockasia, I'll give you some of my stuff once Runecraft opens back up.
  • smash ball
    I will be offering video review of the game(s) whose place is the mean value of places. In the event that no game got ranked the mean value, then I will move up the list. (If two games have 14th place and the mean value returns 15, then I will review the games in 14th place). http://www.youtube.c...er/smashballYYG
  • dadio
    1. A fabulous retro styled yoyo & pen from a bygone era to 1st place!
    2. A custom cutting edge styled yoyo lego car - with custom dadio minifigure to the game I personally like the most!
    3. A top secret mystery prize to a random entrant of the Jam!
  • TropicalMammoth
    Will create a video narrated by himself that deeply analyzes the winning game in relation to the theme
  • Mercerenies
    Will record and upload a video of himself playing through each of the following games:
    * 11th place overall
    * 13th place overall
    * Best use of theme
    * My personal favorite game
    * A randomly selected game from the top 20 overall
  • theweirdn8
    -My favorite game will be reviewed on SuperLongName.com
    -1st, 2nd and 3rd place winning games will be added to Freetiful.com's sidebar for 2 weeks.
    -Funniest game will receive $20 in steam credit, if a Freetiful member.
    -Game that ranked in 5th place will have a short 3 page fan-fiction written of it.
    -1st place winner can get $20 donated to him or her via PayPal.
  • SabGames
    * I will give out a Steam Key of 'Organ Trail: Directors Cut' to my personal favourite game.
    * For first - fifth: I will perminately advertise their games on my new website (currently an awful Google Sites site, but I have made my own, I am waiting for my host to move it over to my new, custom site. http://www.sabworld.co.uk) The game link will go straight to where ever they request.
  • GVmakesGames
    I wanna put my two/three favourite games as Easter egg in my next Jam game, and I will write about them in my blog: gvsgmstuff.WordPress.com
  • We're hoping for plenty of community prizes, so please be generous!

Looking For A Team
If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM NAL or Dangerous_Dave to add your name below:

• wik eraser
    Skills: Sprite design, average GML programming, & level design
  • Boysano
    GM and GMS user for 2years, above average programming. Hate platformers. Can do 2D pixel graphics, particle effects, physics, etc. Can work full time on it, and even take project further after JAM if its top 3, live in South Africa. Speak/Read/Write English and Afrikaans and GML. Preferably would like to be teamed with tallented 2D pixel artist, or team with a artist and another programer maximum.
  • Ausländer
    Skills : My skills are mainly centered around programming and design. I've been programming for almost 4 years now and have experience with many languages, of course GML is included in there. Also I am able to work full-time on this project.
    Weaknesses : Art :P

Support Banners (by Greenblizzard)

Please add a support banner to your forum signature.

GMC_Jam_11_SmallBanner_zps69ed8fdf.png

GMC_Jam_11_SignatureBanner_zps6dbc5028.p

Edited by Nocturne, 20 August 2013 - 08:33 AM.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeeey! I'm so excited for the jam!

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Check out my GM Marketplace Assets!

Follow me on Twitter: @OVLDD

#3 bksonic

bksonic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

I can't wait to see what people create for this.

#4 NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1061 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

MT!

This forum is archived. The above may not reflect my current opinion, or may be irrelevant now.

#5 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Bleh I'm working both Saturday and Sunday this time around so that's at least 17 hours or waking time I won't be able to do anything. Will probably end up doing a 4-12 hour project again.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#6 TheSnidr

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist

• GMC Elder
  • 3345 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Took both saturday and monday off work, this is more important! Ready for some jamming! I'm joining with Lolligirl this time too :D

#7 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Translation: We lost... again.

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

#8 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's Jam time again already! And only a week left to wait :)

I'm again offering my community prize to review the winning entry in the reviewers choice forum :)

#9 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

my dog ate 70 of my hours. :turned:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#10 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Oh yes Community Prizes. We'll be offering a free copy of every-one of our current iOS Apps to the top three.

Temple Thief : https://itunes.apple...16331?ls=1&mt=8

Kings : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/temple-thief/id646416331?ls=1&mt=8

Pebbles : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pebbles/id634513750?ls=1&mt=8

Meteor The Second Impact : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meteor-the-second-impact/id634537683?ls=1&mt=8

Always like to give something even if my participation might be a bit lacking.

Edited by @Alex@, 18 July 2013 - 02:37 PM.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#11 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Won't be able to participate. emoticon_cry.gif

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#12 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

WHAT!? NO NOT A JOEK GAEM 3???????

gmc_signature.png

#13 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

WHAT!? NO NUT A JOEK GAEM 3???????

Sadly, no. The last one wasn't that good and the lag wasn't very realistic, and I was planning to change that. I already know how it would work if I could get to it. And I had many new planned features and glitches. But, it isn't going to happen.

EDIT: I was pretty excited about upgrading the lag system. :S

EDIT 2: Now that I'm out, I have some pretty high expectations, Dadio. Also, Newkill, you better make Star Bomb Rock Bird 3!

Edited by Lukasmah, 18 July 2013 - 03:41 PM.

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#14 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yay! I'm so excited!

I got time off work and told all my friends I'm busy, so GMC Jam #11 here we come!

(why aren't spaces for theme/handicap guessing up yet?)

edit: also, I'm doing fan-art for the top five games and also that which gets voted best use of theme.

Edited by Lune, 18 July 2013 - 04:33 PM.

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#15 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Woohoo! The actual Jam 11 topic is upon us! I'm with Alex-- my participation will be slight at best. I have to work Friday, Saturday, and Monday. (Jam starts Friday evening in my time zone.) Plus, I'm working 13-hour days. I'll pretty much only have Sunday to make something, so it will have to be really simple. I may have to borrow an engine somewhere and create something from it. (Any suggestions?)

I haven't been good at following through on prizes, so I don't think ill be offering any this time.

Good luck to everyone! Let's do this thing! :)

Edit: I'm entertaining the idea of teaming up with someone. Can't offer much, but maybe moral support or possibly devlog entries, just because of lack of time for actual coding.

Edited by HayManMarc, 18 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#16 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

YES! Finally :P

3 months are way too long if you're waiting for the next Jam.

banner.png     banner.png

#17 programmmer5

programmmer5

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

aaaahhh yeaaaaa

i am so in ;)

Kidnapped Treasure [Jam 13]

xulg.png

WIP: Space Chase (3D)GMC jam 9 

Space Chase 3D for Android < Click it!

#18 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

I sure hope I'll be able to participate in this one!  I've been stalking since #7, but finals always killed me. 

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#19 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

*closes his GM toolbox.*

Jam no. 11 huh? Bring it; I've been waiting for three months and I'm not going to Settle* for anything less than 20th place this time.

#Optimistic.

Edited by mr magnus, 18 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#20 N-cubo

N-cubo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

This time I'm going to finish the game. Promise!

#21 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

This time I'm going to finish the game. Promise!

Good to hear! No going back on the promise now then eh ;)

I'm hoping this time I'll get a game done as well. I always start the Jam weekends with the best intentions, I'm hoping for a good idea this time!

#22 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1132 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Oh joy it's finally coming! I really want to test my skills this time around and push myself. Especially when it comes to polish and graphics. In fact, I've spent a great deal of time looking at other games and asking "what makes this game 'polished'?" Looking forward to this thing!

#23 Detective Pixel

Detective Pixel

GMC Dancer

• GMC Member
  • 555 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I am going to join this jam. I have seen how other jams have worked and now want to participate. I have a great idea for a new type of devblog. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

PIXEL_Archive.png

#24 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Why don't we all just start twitter devlogs?

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#25 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Why don't we all just start twitter devlogs?

because that would require that we all had a twitter account.  :whistling:

#26 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm not going to Seattle for anything less than 20th place...

Good for you. Never Seattle for less than your best. It will cause you Tacoma depressed.

Regardless what city you're in... We're here for you, man. :wink:

#27 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm not going to Seattle for anything less than 20th place...

Good for you. Never Seattle for less than your best. It will cause you Tacoma depressed.

Regardless what city you're in... We're here for you, man. :wink:

If anyone needs me, I'll be somewhere digging a hole to hide in...possibly in Seattle, I'll buy a plane ticket in the morning.

#28 N-cubo

N-cubo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good to hear! No going back on the promise now then eh ;)

It's sure: I'm going to make a game. Good or very (very) bad. :P

#29 TooFknBublik

TooFknBublik

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Am I encouraged to participate? I picked up GM 2 nights ago, so I guess it could be good practice. Can't wait to see what others make

#30 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Am I encouraged to participate? I picked up GM 2 nights ago, so I guess it could be good practice. Can't wait to see what others make

If you need good practice there is nothing like making a game in under 3 days. Good luck. :D

#31 TooFknBublik

TooFknBublik

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

If you need good practice there is nothing like making a game in under 3 days. Good luck. :D

:thumbsup:  If I am practicing I might as well do everything myself, or shall I team up with someone/team? i wouldn't think anyone would enjoy my GML skills, I'd be holding them back. 

#32 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Most people work by themselves. TheSnidr and Lolligirl are more of an exception than not.

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#33 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

:thumbsup:  If I am practicing I might as well do everything myself, or shall I team up with someone/team? i wouldn't think anyone would enjoy my GML skills, I'd be holding them back. 

to be honest there haven't been many teams in the former jams, usually maybe only 1 or 2 against the 50+ entries made by a single contestant, like Lune said, lollgirl and TheSnidr are usually the only team since they are so close friends outside the GMC. So you might have some difficulty finding a teammate; even if you weren't new.

Just go and have fun, don't take this too seriously, most of us are just doing this because it is extremely entertaining to push yourself and see what others can come up with. :D

#34 TooFknBublik

TooFknBublik

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yeah exactly. Alrighty cool beans. :) 

#35 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Make sure to try and finish early, though ;)  As a newbie, be prepared for massive bugs if you need to pump out a game over the weekend :)

Spoiler

#36 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

For those in need of getting pumped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHIsL2LdsAo

Spoiler

#37 TeamSteeve

TeamSteeve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1359 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

Last time on The Jam...

I have noticed that basically everyone who didn't play all the games didn't play my game, so maybe that's what happened. I wouldn't know. I'm pretty sure my platformers are always the hardest game in any individual Jam. 

I played and voted for MOtG's game. The randomiser works!

TeamSteeveBanner.png

#38 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

I will draw a random doodle in MS Paint for the winner.

I will also hopefully enter this time if my schedule is clear(and it should be!)

Edited by orange08, 18 July 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#39 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:38 PM

I cannot wait to win the always-wonderful Orange™ prize.

nIdGebz.png

#40 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

I will draw a random doodle in MS Paint for the winner.

I will also hopefully enter this time if my schedule is clear(and it should be!)

all right, since you'll be drawing I'll do the writing this time. :D

I'll write a poem about the following games:

• The one that I give my 1st place vote
  • The one that actually wins the Jam.
  • The game that lands a single spot above my game (If there are multiple games in that spot I'll go with the one that scored higher in my opinion)

That should be fun. :)

#41 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

Thanks to the Steam Summer Sale I have a good few gifts to give! This time I want to be oddly specific about who gets 'em, so the following will be given out.

The highest-placing game that is not a platformer will receive Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year edition.

The 15th place winner (in the event of a tie, prize raises to the nearest unique place) wins Scribblenauts Unlimited.

The median winner wins Serious Sam Classic: The First & Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE.

The overall best reviewer wins Cart Life.

The Best Use of Theme and Best Use of Handicap each win Serious Sam HD: The First and Second Encounter.

The Best Devlog winner wins Garry's Mod.

I will contact winners regarding prizes after the release of the results, you may decline your prize, and if not redeemed by the next Jam I reserve the right to re-gift them. :)

Edited by NAL, 18 July 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image

#42 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Probably won't enter because I work Friday, Sunday and Monday. Saturday I'm off to visit my family.

#43 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

That upsets me. You can't stop at second!

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#44 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Looks like a whole lotta people are gonna be busy & are gonna miss this Jam - which is sad to hear.

@ All those people: even if you just get a few hours in, you should enter something! I rarely put anything close to 72 hours in more like around 5 or so... so I dunno, just keep things small, simple & tight & it's still do-able in only a few hours. :thumbsup:

Hoping to see a big turnout with lotsa new faces! :yes:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#45 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I might be doing the jam for the first time ever....given I don´t have school afterwards. I will probably be looking for a team, as well. 

Content Expressed below may be outdated or the post above may not reflect my current opinion. Goodday to all.

O2BqYnd.png

Beam Down, Drone: Sci-Fi Combat Platformer 

#46 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

I have school on Monday, thought I'll do my best attempt on 2 days and 2 nights (once again I won't sleep)  :sweat:

and I was also thinking about team up with someone this time... thought I am still not so sure

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#47 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Man, I'm working all of those nights, so it would leave me with very few, like maybe 15 total hours to actually dev. :(

Not sure if I can enter this one.

#48 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1132 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

This time around I'll be released from one of the greatest handicaps of all time... SCHOOL NIGHTS!!! I can stay up as late as I need to thanks to good ol' summer break :D

#49 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

That upsets me. You can't stop at second!

Looks like a whole lotta people are gonna be busy & are gonna miss this Jam - which is sad to hear.

@ All those people: even if you just get a few hours in, you should enter something! I rarely put anything close to 72 hours in more like around 5 or so... so I dunno, just keep things small, simple & tight & it's still do-able in only a few hours. :thumbsup:

Hoping to see a big turnout with lotsa new faces! :yes:

I'll try something then :) But it probably won't be a winning entry.

#50 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

I will be joining once again. I will try to make my next jam game meet the quality of my previous one (Distant Mind).

Edited by 11clock, 19 July 2013 - 02:28 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat, gmcjam