Hello everybody! After the last Jam I decided that we need to standardise things a bit... up until now I have been making all the badges and logos for the GMC Jam, and I confess that I am a bit tired of trying to make something new for every Jam. So... I have decided to hold a mini-competition to get the community to design a new GMC Jam Logo, as well as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place banners AND the "best of" banners too.
These new logos and banners will be used for at least the next four Jams, although it's possible that they will be permanent. We'll see how this competition goes, as it may be fun to run this every year and have a new logo and banners for every four Jams that we run. This is open for discussion...
Now, how will this competition work? Well, check out the general rules below:
- Competition open to everyone.
- You can submit art to one or all categories, and as many different images as you wish. So, if you have 3 different logo designs, you can submit them all!
- If you do the Winners or Best Of banners, you MUST submit a COMPLETE SET. So, if you do the winners, we need three banners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and for the Best Of, it would be four banners for Best Use Of Theme, Best Use Of Handicap, Best Presentation, and Best Devblog.
- The competition will run for one week, starting today 25th of June and ending on the 2nd of July.
- For each of the three categories I personally am offering $20 on Steam for the winner to buy the game (or games) of their choice. So, if they win all three categories, thats $60 worth of Steam Games!
As with the GMC Jam itself, this topic will be used for discussion and showing off any rough drafts that you want feedback on before submitting any final designs, however finished designs MUST be posted in the logo entries topic, where no discussion will be allowed and voting will be done at the end of the competition.
For the rules on size and style etc.... please see the Logo Entries Topic!
Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys can come up with!