295 replies to this topic

#101 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Look at real war as an example. When you attack a country/nation they either fight back or submit and join you. The country is not destroyed and usually if they join willingly, the same leaders stay in charge but they now listen to someone even higher up (from the country that took over.)

As long as players get a chance to "bow the knee" to someone who is threatening their country....there should be no problems. Also I think that players should actually have a real reason to attack instead of just starting to attack randomly. The reason I say this is because of what my overall plan is. I really want my nation to be a 3rd party that is not directly involved in the war but will assist anyone that has money. For any who have read Game of Thrones...you should know what I have planned for my slaves. Warriors for hire :)

"Oh, big, big mistake, really huge. Didn't anyone ever tell you there's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap....Me."

#102 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

f9dEBgH.png

Exkakx invites some of his bro's to the empire. They all bring some shovels.

Name: Ketchupgrass Empire

Landscape: Ketchup, Grass, A few trees

Current Project: Digging holes in the ground

Population: 7

Edited by Exkakx, 17 June 2013 - 06:19 PM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#103 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Okay, minor question.  Isn't it kinda weird that some nations are basically building everything from the ground up while others have rockets, nukes, and navies from the start?

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#104 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Okay, minor question.  Isn't it kinda weird that some nations are basically building everything from the ground up while others have rockets, nukes, and navies from the start?

I think it is excusable for the former to develop faster.

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#105 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yeah I think we should've defined the age in the beginning. I'm still pretty much in the bronze age or something.

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#106 Lawsome

Lawsome

Not Lukasmah

• GMC Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

It feels like this wasn't totally thought out beforehand. Still, I'm enjoying spectating!
ahahahha theyll never catch mee

#107 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think some nations are rushing through way too quickly imo

But I have a reasonable explanation as to why my nation is slow to start but will quickly go super faster growing wise shortly. Since there is a heavy law in my nation that every family must have atleast 5 children in it, my number of slaves is going to sky rocket soon. Some of them will be free and become guards to prevent riots while others will be trained from birth to become soldiers that always obey. These armies of soldiers will be sold to the highest bidder.

So basically right now I'm trying to be sem-realistic in what the 150 people of my nation could do (digging one giant mine and building a small camp for themselves). But since their population will slowly become larger and larger (and since I rule every single one of them (yay for no freedom)) I will be able to quickly expand and upgrade.

Also if any nation would like to pre-order a group of 100 well trained soldiers, I will happily give them away as soon as they are trained. My soldiers will be trained in sword fighting and using a bow and each will be provided with weapons. They will listen to any command given by the owner (will even commit suicide if commanded.) Feel free to teach them other skills as well once you have them. The pre-order cost is 100 pieces of copper make me an offer and we can discuss it right now and the soldiers will be shipped as soon as they are ready.

Edited by Shadow Array, 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM.

"Oh, big, big mistake, really huge. Didn't anyone ever tell you there's one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap....Me."

#108 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Maybe we should have some variables like money, soldiers, materials etc, everyone who plays will get a fixed amount added per turn, for example: +100 money, +10 soldiers, +10 materials. But that will turn it into an RPG fairly quickly and I don't know how complex the OP wants this game to be.

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#109 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Judging by what the op said here and in the other game, he doesn't want it like that. And neither do I. I like it the way it is.

EDIT: If I wanted to play a game mechanic filled version of this I would join Conquerers.

Edited by Lukasmah, 17 June 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#110 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

I didn't define too many rules on purpose. It's just too much to keep track of, for me anyways. My desire, at least, is for everything to be light, and dependent on the creativity of the players. If you want to impose a resource system for your kingdom, feel free to.

And as for the varying degrees of technology, I wouldn't sweat too much about it. We've got a nice variety of styles going on, and I like where things are going.

Edited by CrashingThunder, 17 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Starfox TDS! http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=582854&hl=

bannersig.png
My forum game: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=583862 (WAR! - Creative graphics-based forum game)

#111 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

With game mechanics, this just becomes another conquerers. Right now it gives the sense of freedom. I like it with no game mechanics.

#112 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah I vote no mechanics as well....however on one condition. If one player becomes very stupid and starts ruining the fun for others....I hope you kick that person out. I don't want this to become a crazy/stupid game where everyone is trying to screw eachother over. And yes I realize this is a war game, but let's atleast play fair people.

#113 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

But there probably should also be sillyness... I mean, look at the original!

#114 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I think sillyness is ok, my post was more aimed at "please be fair" with actions

Edited by Shadow Array, 17 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#115 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Agreed Shadow Array. So far everything has been good, though.

bannersig.png
My forum game: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=583862 (WAR! - Creative graphics-based forum game)

#116 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

ooh, I'll join.

may I present; THE GREAT REPUBLICAN EMPIRE KINGDOM OF SOCKISTAN (G.R.E.K.S) , NAMED SO AFTER THE DISTINCT SHAPE OF THE COUNTRY THAT LOOKS LIKE AN UPSIDE-DOWN SOCK.

Color: Some form of greenish Cyan.

Current historical log:

Spoiler

toe.png

Edited by mr magnus, 17 June 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#117 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

DeZD9Ga.png

The bro's begin to make the holes into houses, there are now a few crappy dirt houses surrounding the ketchup roads. By the way, my people come from a place where this sort of thing is considered sanitary and accessible. Also, they punch down some wood.

Ketchupgrass Empire

Landscape: Ketchup roads, dirt houses, trees, grass

Population: 8

Supplies: Some wood, some dirt, some stone, some shovels, a few other basic tools, infinite ketchup.

Edited by Exkakx, 18 June 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#118 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Colour:Bounded by brown (near the all black country)

Major update:A military coup followed by rapid industrialization.

After diplomacy and the hope of world peace had failed the country saw a military coup.The old isolationist government was gone and a new doctrine of ultra nationalis was introduced by General Zyklon.He quickle mobilized the large unimployed manpower into the exploration of resources.Oil was found in the gulf.Then a river was bound by a major dam produceing electricyty which paved the way for the industries which quickly produced a fleet of ships which now patrol the gulf in the east and the west.The nation had a geographical survey which is considered to be 50% accurate and there still are chances of finding Dukanium (a vital resource that could help us make a duck and use it for world domination) in the west.A major irrigation project is now underway.

Also roads have now been built to connect Slovania and The Darkness of War

Manpower:according to recent census its 20 with a growth rate of 23%

Literacy:34% expected to increase with rapid industrialization

Major resource:oil,water and possibly Duckanium

Army:Large compusary survice with a volentary navy.

Current task :Searching for possible mines of Duckaniu.

Research :The military doctrine of Chikenkrieg is being researched to perfection.

Military : on 1:17 pm a military drill to honour General Zyklon was held.The mailitary showd off its rifiles,howaers and mortars while the navy showed its new battle ships :

HMS Zyklon (with radar)

HMS Gorkha (with radar)

HMS Duck

HMS Chicken

HMS Chicken cruser.

HMS Duckcruser  

rx9-2.png

Edited by ZyklonMiraj, 18 June 2013 - 01:37 PM.

VIVA LA POTATO!

#119 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

help us make a duck

Suggestion for a new rule: No summoning deities or anything holy.

Edited by Lukasmah, 18 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#120 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Duck is like a major weapon.It can quack!

VIVA LA POTATO!

#121 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Nothing wrong with summoning deities. I encourage randomness.

bannersig.png

#122 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

B... But... But that's blasphemy!

#123 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hey, I didn't choose this theme for nothing! I want dragons and I will have them soon.

GMCSignature.png

#124 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Dragons aren't holy. Ducks are. That's the difference.

#125 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

und6.png

Growth stabilizes as the population levels out.  The south is largely cultivated, and the ship industry booms.   Using the metal from Crashlandia, more powerful fireworks have been designed, and stronger construction has begun.  Rudimentary steam engines are starting to be worked on, but the are more prone to explosion than rotation.  A bridge to the nearest island to the west has been constructed as the testing grounds for even prettier and more awesome explosives, possibly dangerous to passing shipping.

A wall is built to the east, to assail the fears of the populace that the Phantom Empire may attack, which we recently built a road to.  We are hoping for a peaceful meeting.  A ship was sent out to contact the peaceful Gorkhan Republic, but after the coup, we reconsider.  Instead, we send more ships to Slovania, and move in the port of Lukasia, hoping to get an alliance. 

I am aware of the alliance that you already have.  I have advanced fireworks and and trebuchets, and you have a wealth of natural resources: metal, iron, and skilled shipbuilders.  My tarpits and *lava* will be very useful for more advanced tech and power sources later in the game.

May I suggest a full alliance: if any of us are ever attacked, we will all stand against the invader.  We will not be obligated to fight a war another started, but if any of us must defend our homeland, we will all join in. 

I do not look forward to war, but if it comes, we will be the victors.

MXfDv0N.png > braveadventurer@quest-DUTIMS:~$ _ don tseethebr akuhhuh Thread - Mirror - Tumblr

nIdGebz.png

#126 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

EDIT: Uh, I got ninja'd... crap!

iCkz9oj.png

A few miners begin to mine an ugly hole into the landscape, but who the hell cares about preserving nature, we need minerals. Life in the Ketchupgrass Empire is currently going well. I send out a raft with a few explorers, the raft will move a few pixels each turn, and maybe I can connect with people or something. Then I tell everyone to make babies and the population doubles.

Ketchupgrass Empire

Landscape: Ketchup roads, dirt houses, trees, grass, stone, some iron, a little gold

Population: 16

Supplies: Some wood, some dirt, some stone, some shovels, a few other basic tools, iron and gold, infinite ketchup.

Edited by Exkakx, 18 June 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#127 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

gCubG0x.png

Color: Yellow

Landscape: Desert and Dunes

Current Research: -

Current Project: ???

Population: 400

The hole is now very deep and light does not reach the bottom. It has many mine shafts inside. The village continues to build and the walls have been finished and are slowly being shaped. My people can now make bows and swords. A boat and dock have been built.

The hole is providing tons of resources such as iron, copper, diamond, etc.

Edited by Shadow Array, 18 June 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#128 slojanko

slojanko

HARD GAMER

• GMC Member
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Please don't edit other people's territory. Someone changed my flag...

Games in progress:

The unexpected: [--------------------]

My examples on YYG sandbox

My games on GameJolt

#129 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Somebody needs to edit in kikjezrous' turn. I'm not going to fix everything all the time.

bannersig.png

#130 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Honestly, make it so the person that got ninjad has to do it. Exkakx shouldnt have posted his since he got ninja'd

#131 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Who did it?

Also please add my nation in the front list.And please write your nation's name and colour.

Edited by ZyklonMiraj, 18 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

VIVA LA POTATO!

#132 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, I edit other people's replies into mine all the time.

nIdGebz.png

#133 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, I edit other people's replies into mine all the time.

Exkakx is the one who ignored the fact that you posted before him. In fact he can't even argue that he didn't notice cause he even said that he got ninja'd.

#134 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Exkakx updated his country before 20 hours,againts the rules :/

VIVA LA POTATO!

#135 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Dibs. I have nothing against full alliance with you, Kik, but the problem is that Slojanko already is in a powerful alliance so I don't think he will join. I'd also like my alliance with Crashlanida to become a fulll alliance.

n527.png
Lukasia
Brownish-green

Research on autocannons and ATVs with mountable machineguns complete. Researching terraforming. Research on submachineguns and armored vehicles (no, not tanks) has started. With new resources collected we start digging deeper and more in hopes of getting resources even faster. 5 new warships are built and a ship carrying oil reached Crashlandia. Just waiting to see where I could deposit the oil.

Edited by Lukasmah, 18 June 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#136 Shadow Array

Shadow Array

Roleblocker

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Exkakx updated his country before 20 hours,againts the rules :/

He seems to breaking the only 2 rules this game really has.

CrashingThunder, this is where you deploy your Hosting powers and set Exkakx straight before you start lose players because he can't follow the rules.

#137 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

It's a guideline. Calm down. Just try to do it once per day. If it happens to be 20 hours and not 24, it's all right.

Edited by CrashingThunder, 18 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

bannersig.png

#138 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Dibs.

I've got a ship in your dock.  Do you want to join in the alliance I proposed in my latest post?

nIdGebz.png

#139 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Its not even 12 hrs.Any ways doesnt matter that much right now but...

Edit:And now it seems were heading into an arms race.Ilike that.

Edited by ZyklonMiraj, 18 June 2013 - 05:17 PM.

VIVA LA POTATO!

#140 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I believe he fixed the ninja earlier today. Not a turn.

bannersig.png

#141 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I replied to the alliance thing.

#142 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

I was talking about Exkakx.Any ways lets stop this right here.

VIVA LA POTATO!

#143 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

And I was talking to Kikjezrous.

#144 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Okay, yes. Let's clear up some things. Here's how posting should go:

Step 0) If you're planning ahead and want ample time to edit the map, take the most recent map and get to work

Step 1) Post your "dibs" post. Max time 20-30 minutes.

Step 2) Refresh the thread, and make sure nobody else has posted. If they have, take their post and edit in your work. It's not that hard to do.

Step 3) Make your post

Post once per day, AROUND 24 hours apart. If it's ~20 hours, you're alright. Anything below 16 hours or so is too soon. Don't aim for borderline.

Edited by CrashingThunder, 18 June 2013 - 05:25 PM.

bannersig.png

#145 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Also, Kik, that alliance Slojanko is in seems pretty hostile, (Hence the recent activites in Darkness Of War) so I think you can't ally both of us. Slovania is probably dangerous.

Edited by Lukasmah, 18 June 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#146 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Oh, also, Crashlandia accepts full alliance with Lukasia :)

bannersig.png

#147 ZyklonMiraj

ZyklonMiraj

Gorkhali

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

My names not in the second post :(

Do i have to verify my email or something?

Edited by ZyklonMiraj, 18 June 2013 - 05:35 PM.

VIVA LA POTATO!

#148 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Do i have to verify my email or something?

Thanks for a nice laugh.

#149 CrashingThunder

CrashingThunder

Procrastinator

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Added you in the second post!

bannersig.png

#150 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

*Cough*Mr Magnus? *Cough*

No, really, where is he in the second post?