#1 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

F.O.D. (Foreign Object Detection)

It's a physics-based arcade mini-game with 6 levels, made for the GMC Jam #10.

Download Link
-- 2 MB zip file
-- Made with GM:Studio
-- 800x600 windowed mode / single player

Your challenge is to remove foreign objects. Sometimes the objects are swinging on chains, or on conveyor belts. And sometimes you use a ball on a chain, or a wheel on a track as a tool. The game uses GM's physics to create some fun effects.

Truth is, I had more fun making the physics than the game itself. :P The gameplay is pretty modest -- but still quite challenging for some levels. All the controls use either a mouse click, or the arrow keys. So it's pretty basic to play. Hope you guys like it. I really had fun making it.

(original images 800 x 600)
screen1_zps439a0947.png

screen2_zps415fca63.png

screen3_zpsf71f94f0.png

Edited by chance, 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#2 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

How in the world do you play this? I got stuck on the first level.

Content Expressed below may be outdated or the post above may not reflect my current opinion. Goodday to all.

O2BqYnd.png

Beam Down, Drone: Sci-Fi Combat Platformer 

#3 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

The first level? Or the first page? Maybe you're confusing the first page (intro) with a playable level.

Just click "start" and you'll see the screen from the middle screenshot above. And there should be instructions showing (unless you accidentally clicked through them.)

Basically, you click on the airgun to get the ball swinging. (Time your shots to maximize the swing.) Then when the ball is over the "red" path, click the blade gun to cut the rope and send the ball down that path.

If you miss, just click "replay" to reset the level.

Edited by chance, 19 May 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#4 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

OK, I figured it out nine hours ago, sorry.

Review

A nice puzzle game with many different mini game combinations, but they all vary a lot from one another, so +1 on that. In the first level, there are those red dots and then there is the red ball. at first, it was hard to decide which to knock off. Then I realized the ball was red too, so I swung it down the path. What I'm saying is, make the red ball more red, and the red path yellow or something, to be able to identify what to roll down.

But, overall, great sounds, physics engine, graphics, and mini-game design (Is there such a thing?). :thumbsup: +1

Content Expressed below may be outdated or the post above may not reflect my current opinion. Goodday to all.

O2BqYnd.png

Beam Down, Drone: Sci-Fi Combat Platformer 

#5 TimothyAllen

TimothyAllen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4394 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Really like it. Very simple yet fun. You should definitely expand on it.

gmcSig0.png