Photo

Sriggy Moggful (Featured On Indie Statik)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

The sad tale of...
Sriggy Moggful
U8aoaml.png

Credits:
Game - orange08
Music - JosephAS1 (http://www.newground...o/listen/476677)
Testing - Jobo, YellowAfterLife, NeoTalon

Sriggy Moggful has been featured on Indie Statik and Freeindiegam.es!

Download:
GameJolt, Yoyogames, Ludum Dare Page

GMC Jam #10 Topic post

Please give the game a go, possibly leave a rating and/or comment! :)

Thanks!

-orange

Edited by orange08, 11 May 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#2 amcd

amcd

GMC Member

• 13 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I have already written a comment on LD as well as a review for the Jam, but I might just as well write something here too. This game is amazing! I like the graphics and music, but most of all I think it is so great because I actually feel for the character, and that is more than I can say for many other games. Great job!

GMCJam10_MiniBanner_zps49902e8a.png My Jam #10 entry: Cyan

#3 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

What can I say? There doesn't appear to be any gameplay here, at least not in the traditional sense. But this was still enjoyable -- mainly because the characters and their environment evoked a sense of empathy.

That's entirely due to the expressive graphics and moody atmosphere (and music) you created here. I'm quite impressed how well you conveyed the characters' moods will such minimalist graphics. It's amazing how much you accomplished with a few lines. Well done.

The game certainly satisfies the handicap -- and the theme too, I believe. The main character's plight is certainly one of being foreign, even being kicked by a stranger he passes. That's a nice touch. And the ending resolves this nicely when he's befriended by the man in the cave.

So despite the lack of traditional gameplay, this narrative is enjoyable to watch. And it makes a good Jam entry. Nice job. :thumbsup: +1

Edited by chance, 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#4 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

@amcd
Thanks!

@chance
You are right. The game doesn't have much depth gameplay-wise... the game is meant to tell a story more than anything else.
Thanks for the review!

Also,
I've now ported the game to HTML5!
Check out the HTML5 Creations post to try it out(if you haven't already)!

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort