• Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

GMCJam10_Banner_zpseec1ac8f.png

VOTE HERE!

GET ALL THE GAMES HERE!

MIRROR: http://perilouspete....z/GMCJam#10.zip

(Thanks Dangerous_Dave!)

THEME: FOREIGN

HANDICAP: The game must solely use grayscale (black through white) and one other color for visuals

Welcome to the official GMC Jam #10 Games Topic!

Here you MUST POST YOUR GAMES to be considered for the final voting and to receive any prizes. There are some strict rules for posting in this topic and anyone who does not follow them will have their posts removed, so I strongly advise you read (and re-read!) the following before doing something you may regret later :

• Each entry has ONE post only. It must be used to show development of your game (while the Jam is on, you may are encouraged to <EDIT> your post to update people on your progress), or the actual finished game itself. Posts that only "reserve" a spot or offer no content will be deleted.

• A link to your game MUST be posted here before the end of the Jam to qualify for votes in the final stage. An actual topic in the Games Forum is not necessary, but bare in mind that this topic is only for games  - so if you want feedback, criticism or comments on your game it is recommended that you create a WIP topic and link to that too.

• This topic is ONLY for showcasing the games and their progress, not for discussion or any other type of post. If you wish to comment on a game, do it in the actual games topic (or in the GMC Jam discussion topic), but not here! All posts that break this rule will be deleted during the Jam. When voting begins, comments can then be made within the context of the vote in the voting topic.

• When adding new progress blogs/screenshots to your post (via the <EDIT> button) please use the SPOILER tags to hide previous content. In this way we can keep the topic tidy and organised and people can see the progression of your game from start to finish.

• If you drop out of the Jam, PLEASE delete everything from your post so that your game is not included in the final voting and then <Report> the post so it can be removed.

A zip file will be created within a day or two of the Jam finishing to facilitate the playing of all entries. This zip will have a randomiser in it so that people play the games in a random order, so don't think that calling your game A.A.A. Aardvarks Ardent Adventures (for example) is going to get you more plays!

It is STRONGLY recommended that you create some form of "help" page in your game as some (most?) people will NOT have read your posted topic and so have no idea what controls your game has, nor how it is to be played etc etc etc... Not including this information will have a negative impact on your game so I recommend enough that you take a few extra minutes to do it.

And that's about it. I encourage each of you that is working on a game to create videos, take screenshots and generally create a developers blog in your post. Each new entry can be edited into the post while old entries can be hidden using SPOILER tags and if you wish to discuss anything Jam related, remember that we still have the Official Jam Topic, which I check regularly and there you can ask questions, make suggestions or discuss entries.

Good luck to all who participate and as always I trust this will be another fantastic community jam and that everyone will have fun!

Nocturne

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

AVOID

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

Platform: Windows

Foreign monsters stole the fuel that's needed for the doors to open, so now they are all closed.

You have to get fuel back so the doors will open again!!!

PURPLE INTRUDERS

I'm entering two games this Jam. For the second game, please view post 56 of this topic.

DEVLOG

The devlog is in GMT+2

SATURDAY

Spoiler

SUNDAY

Spoiler

MONDAY

07:00 - Just woke up but have to go to school. :(

16:50 - Finally back from school. I still have a lot to do for school AND for my second entry in this Jam...

20:48 - I've been working on my game since I got home and now I have to take a study break for school... It's gonna be a loooong night.

22:14 - BREAKING: 'Avoid' is finished!!!!!!! (after not doing my work for school xd) You can download it here. I planned to work on an update for my other game but maybe I'll do my homework for real now. We'll see!

22:45 - BREAKING: The final release of 'Purple Intruders' is here. Download it now! Homework got pretty much ignored today :) .

SCREENSHOTS

These are some screenshots of 'Avoid'.

Schermafbeelding2013-04-28om213515_zpsb6

More screenshots:

Spoiler

Edited by SecondReality, 29 April 2013 - 09:17 PM.

banner.png     banner.png

#3 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Finished!

The sad tale of...
Sriggy Moggful

U8aoaml.png

Download: Dropbox, GameJolt, YoyoGames

Game Creations Topic

Ludum Dare Page

Finished the game and added some final touches utilizing advice from the ever-helpful Jobo!

GCFs9ZB.png

Old images:

Edited by orange08, 29 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#4 lukew23

lukew23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 276 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Team Boilerplate (Me and HaymanMarc) are done!

team_boilerplate_logo_001.png

https://dl.dropboxus...32/Specimen.zip

SS1.JPG

Art and Animation by HayManMarc
Programming by Lukew23

Music by The Onset
Devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by lukew23, 30 April 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Specimen_logo_banner.png
GMCJam10_MiniBanner_zps49902e8a.png

#5 NAL

NAL

HELLO MOTHER ༼ つ ◕3◕ ༽つ

• GMC Elder
  • 880 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

TitleLogo.png
Hi Me Ro Me

2303. Hi, Japan. A futuristic city where the lights are so bright they dazzle the blind. In comes Me Ro Me, a thrill-seeking Russian looking to scale Hi's tallest building, a winding tower with a tough electric security scanner constantly rotating around its cylindrical outside. Go high or go die.

Controls

Left/Right: Move
Up: Jump (Hold: higher jump)

Download

NALGames.com
(Made in GameMaker: Studio 1.1; 15.1MB)

Credits

Game: Andrew McCluskey
Music: Savant

Hi Me Ro Me is licensed under this Creative Commons license.

Devlog

Spoiler

Screenshots

HiMeRoMe_1.png
HiMeRoMe_2.png

3 | 4 | 5

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYQfUbL47Y

Edited by NAL, 28 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Lune

Lune

hic quoque transibit

• GMC Member
  • 991 posts

rainbowsbelowgmcthread.png

a game about climbing, climbing and climbing
Download: http://www.mediafire...18zk8akofqj27eb

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up. If you were the confused kind of person who thinks you can take color from the sky and bring it back down, then you're probably the kind of person who repeatedly climbs extremely high and ludicrously dangerous cliff faces. In Rainbows Below, you get to play as that person!

What happens to a world that loses its excitement? Life stops being colorful, and the notion of color becomes foreign. But not everyone has forgotten. For Alex, the dream of bringing color back to the world is still alive. She's kinda stupid, but who are we to say "No, don't climb that really high and really dangerous mountain; you're going to die and nothing will ever come of it!"?

Devblog:

Spoiler

Edited by Lune, 29 April 2013 - 10:50 PM.

AbeBlyTwitch.png
AbeBlyTwitter.png

#7 jordland

jordland

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

TITLE

A Gentlemanly Game of Pie in the Face

CONCEPT
1-on-1 Multiplayer Arena Battle

Made in GameMaker 8.1 with 3 hours of prior game making experience. :)

DOWNLOAD HERE!

CLICK!

Notes on bugs:

This version has a few issues you should be aware of. I do not yet know how to fix them and may not be able to before the competition is over.

Issue 1: The game is set up for 2 players on 1 keyboard. However, when enough keys are pressed at the same time any further keys will not register. That number depends upon your keyboard. This leads to a particularly frustrating experience. As such, I've added half-assed support for a gamepad (for player 1.) This leads to Issue 2.

Issue 2: The gamepad defaults its movement to the analog stick instead of the d-pad. I haven't been able to fix this yet. Any tips would be appreciated!

Issue 3: Since I used the drag and drop "mouse > joypad 1 > direction" option, navigating the menu and gameplay can be clunky or buggy. I haven't found a "button_press" variable for the controller so you will get repeated inputs in the menu (repeating sound effects) and an unfair advantage in combat as you can hold down the shoot button to get around the 2 shots at a time limit. Again, any help would be appreciated. 

All that said, I hope you enjoy it!

SCREENS
screenshot100.png

A%20Gentlemanly%20Screen%202.png

DEVBLOG

Monday 12:01AM EST

It's time to throw in the towel and get to bed. I won't be able to update the game before the competition ends so I've put the download link back up. Please be aware of the known issues described above to avoid any frustration in the heat of battle. :) Have fun!

Sunday 9:34PM EST

After playtesting with my fiance I discovered a bug and have taken the down the link to download the game. The problem I'm having is when too many keys are pressed down on the keyboard at once and things don't register. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

PREVIOUS UPDATES

Spoiler

Edited by jordland, 29 April 2013 - 04:24 AM.

#8 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9450 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

My game is finished...

Recrudescence

You return to the town where you grew up. You know this place like the back of your hand, or at least you thought you did.

HTML5: http://www.html5have.../recrudescence/
Download: http://www.html5have...crudescence.exe

progress4.png

Spoiler

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 29 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#9 Chessmasterriley

Chessmasterriley

Creative Concentrate

• GMC Member
  • 1967 posts

titlecz.png

by Chessmasterriley and Ashton Morris

Download Here

You have a dark mission - perhaps, though, there is another way...

screen02w.pngscreen01n.png

screen04i.pngscreen03t.png

sc01.png

sc02.png

Edited by Nocturne, 30 April 2013 - 07:11 AM.

sig_preview_anim.gifsiggy_gif.gifzombie_01_walk.gif

#10 Curio

Curio

Simplastic

• GMC Member
  • 161 posts
  • Version:GM8

jolt_zps02b45c78.png

launch-download-button.gif?1366189577

Description:

Spoiler

DevLog

Spoiler

Edited by Dr. D. Flopper, 29 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

"Process without failure is not a success"

#11 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

F.O.D. (Foreign Object Detection)

A physics-based arcade mini-game with 6 levels.

Download Link 2.1 MB Zip

GMC Creations Topic
Your challenge is to remove foreign objects. Sometimes from conveyor belts, sometimes from balls on chains, sometimes from a wheel track, etc. The game uses GM's physics to create some fun effects.

Truth is, I had more fun making the physics than the game itself. :P So the gameplay is pretty modest -- but still quite challenging for some levels. All the controls use either a mouse click, or the arrow keys. So it's pretty basic to play. Hope you guys like it. I really had fun making it.

(original images 800 x 600)
screen1_zps439a0947.png

screen2_zps415fca63.png

screen3_zpsf71f94f0.png

First thoughts...
Spoiler

Current thinking... Saturday
Spoiler

Edited by chance, 29 April 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#12 Coolbot4k

Coolbot4k

The Ultimate Robot

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

splasj_zpsec8e3286.png

DOWNLOAD

Devblog Entry 7: (2:06am PST, Apr 29)

I was afraid that I wasn't going to finish on time. I'm really busy tomorrow and wouldn't have had time to work on it. I got it finished however. Hopefully there aren't any last minute bugs I couldn't check.

Spoiler

Edited by Coolbot4k, 29 April 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#13 Darzoz

Darzoz

Only Unknown.

• GMC Member
  • 186 posts

DDnEJuz.png

Download Link:

Mediafire

Recent Update:

[4:25PM]

f3XAJGA.png

Okay, I'm done. Have fun with 14 levels of anticlimactic excitement.

Devlog:

Spoiler

All times listed are in PST.

Edited by Darzoz, 29 April 2013 - 11:38 PM.

"Forged by an ancient Otaku Master over the heat of a roaring manga fire."

IiNpdcj.png

#14 Earthwalker

Earthwalker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Matrix_6_logo_310x150.png

Description

Matrix 6 is an action game where you operate a virus trying to take over Matrix 6.

Download Demo Version 0.0.1.11

https://dl.dropboxus...lt-0.0.1.11.zip

Dev Blog:

Hour 71

Well, this is the end. I made one more minor update with some sound effects, but I didn't really change anything else. There is still a pretty rare bug that will crash the game. I guess I'll have to work on it some other time.

Thanks again for reading this and make sure to play all the other great games every one else slaved over. Some of the other entries look pretty good. 

Until the next GMC jam...

Old entries

Spoiler

Edited by Earthwalker, 29 April 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#15 nightswim

nightswim

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

This is my 1st GameJam. I wish I didn't have finals this past weekend or I would've been able to spend LOADS of time on this. Here is a preview of the game.. still working diligently on it :) working demo soon...

Game Title:GREYFIELD

DOWNLOAD http://www.nightswim...y_nightswim.exe

greyfield.jpg

DEVJOURNAL

Spoiler

Edited by Nocturne, 30 April 2013 - 07:10 AM.

GMC JAM # 13 ENTRY: WHALE ISLAND 

GRAPHICS BY BSPEED, DESIGN & PROGRAMMING BY NIGHTSWIM, MUSIC BY ATONL, SOME STUFF ORIGINALLY BY 1987

http://www.nightswim...swim_bspeed.exe

WhaleIsland.png

Gmc_Jam_13_BannerLong_zpsf4626dee.png

#16 gamemakerfun300

gamemakerfun300

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Super Jelly Alien

In this game you are a about a foreign gelatin alien who can easily climb over walls easily There are some monsters taking over your planet and you have to defeat them to get through each stage. The game is pretty simple compared to others but is still fun.

Done and uploading now

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=579245

Tools

Game Maker Studio

Parakeet IDE

Dev Blog

Spoiler

Edited by gamemakerfun300, 29 April 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#17 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

The Four Doors
A platformer...

This is a game about love and evil. It is a short game with ten levels. It's recommended to play on Normal mode first.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire...d52dit533t8y05h

Screenshots!

Spoiler

Devlog...

Spoiler

Edited by Exkakx, 29 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#18 Joh

Joh

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hitman

Updated!

Play! (direct dl)

or

Link

Click the clown revolutionized!

(ok, not really)

Any way, its a game in which you have to find and kill the foreigners that invaded the country.

Its entirely randomly generated so, a same ''difficulty'' can be easier or harder at different tries.

screenshot102.png

It can get really hard, I get to about level 6, theres 10 levels, each getting harder!

(but they are all replayable and random: time, target number, shots etc is what changes)

You should know, that shooting will cause a massive panic, thats when the Tag comes useful, it allows you to keep your targets in check when everyone goes crazy. Or you can try to single out all those that ARENT foreign, whatever you feel like!

Spoiler

Devlog

Spoiler

Edited by Joh, 30 April 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#19 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

Doxy Games presents...

The Foreign Wars

TFW%20LOGO.png

By Overloaded and Jagtiger

Tools: GameMaker: Studio Professional, GIMP 2, FL Studio 10, Audacity, SFXR, Dropbox.

Devlog

Spoiler

Overloaded%20with%20his%20allies%20fight

Storyline:

Spoiler

Download here:

http://doxygames.tk/...reign Wars.html

Edited by Overloaded, 29 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Check out my GM Marketplace Assets!

Follow me on Twitter: @OVLDD

#20 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

io1c3p.png

Download

http://sandbox.yoyog...166-platform-13

Game topic

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=579319

Info

Description:

Dark 3D survival game with touches of supernatural and insanity. Fight off spirits with your weapon to survive as long as possible. If your sanity collapses, it's game over for you. Literally.

Story or something:

You open your eyes to find yourself in total darkness. Torrents of rain patter on steel all around you. You struggle to sit up and let your eyes adjust themselves. You seem to be standing on some sort of metal grate. When you take a step forward, something makes a scraping noise. You extend your hand to an object on the ground in front of you. Picking it up and taking a closer look reveals it to be some sort of gun-like instrument. After fiddling with the buttons on the side, a bright beam of light emerges from underneath the "barrel". You hold the gun in front of you for protection and set out to explore your surroundings.

Development

Color scheme: black, dark gray, white, red
Tools:
- Game Maker 8.1 Standard
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2
- Mozilla Firefox

Budget: Absolutely nothing

15 minutes in:

Spoiler

6 hours, 30 mins in:
Spoiler

14 hours in:
Spoiler

16 hours in:
Spoiler

17 hours in:
Spoiler

25 1/2 hours in:

Spoiler

43 hours in:

Spoiler

44 hours in:

Spoiler

Edited by darkwalker247, 29 April 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#21 Swifty

Swifty

Shadow

• GMC Member
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

TeamSteeve & Swifty Proudly Present:

Jam_Splash.png

Button_Download_Game.png

Screenshots:
Railgun.png
The Railgun!

Misslepods.png
Missilepod Volly!

The Weapons:

Weapons.png

Dev Log:
Spoiler

Team: TeamSteeve, Swifty

Swifty & TeamSteeve

Edited by Swifty, 29 April 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Don't be Afraid to Fail.

#22 Lilybugged

Lilybugged

The Derpy One

• GMC Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

spr_bliss_title.png

B L I S S

DOWNLOADS:

Installer

Zip file

Chris is a young man, with a normal life.

Except for one thing.

A long time ago, Chris's sister got hit by a car. And died. He blamed himself for it ever since, since he was the only one with her when it happened. 

Out of nowhere, Chris wakes up in a strange room. The door is locked.

Play for yourself to see what happens neeext~

Screenshot:

400594_587140791297836_426716780_n.jpg

Devlog:

Spoiler

-Lilybugged

Edited by Lilybugged, 30 April 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Mine Turtle!

#23 Leafen

Leafen

Love storm! <3

• GMC Member
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

title10.png

Prologue: You are john small square living in a forest,  john finds an upgrade and gets kidnaped by an ufo, the ufo is cursed and no one knows what is going to happen.

Warning: This game may injure your eyes at some level.

Note: You can see using the weapon.

2 songs

9 SFX

+sprites effect

+background effect

Download: http://www.mediafire...76h676ro7q0pqbx

^ if doesn't work use this link http://www.mediafire...h1mpple4qtxxsqx

Have fun and enjoy :thumbsup:

Devlol

Spoiler

Edited by The Black Dragon, 29 April 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#24 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1132 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

September Campaign

Download Link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94772813/September%20Campaign.zip
A game about the German invasion of Poland in 1939
Description
You play as a young Polish private who must defend his home village from the impending Nazi attack. Call in supplies and backup when you get enough points. Last as long as you can against increasingly difficult waves!
Devblog
Devblog Episode One:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R-CclJ5AxXA
Devblog Episode Two:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EuCXywL92NE
Day One Debrief:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MIlRhV0HuVE
Day Two Opening Video:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RNWbOk2ruJ4
Devblog Episode Five:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=83s3u_bzZcI
Devblog Episode Six:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-v0P1bejOO0
Devblog Episode Seven:
http://www.youtube.c...Z1Hv7jU</a></p>
Devblog Episode Eight:
http://www.youtube.c...8dboLmU</a></p>
Devblog Episode Nine:
http://www.youtube.c...qaF53Xg</a></p>

Devblog CONCLUSION!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TnGX_WHnhcU

Edited by The Legend, 29 April 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#25 Goinbatty

Goinbatty

I like nutella

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

DEATH toZEPPELIN

tools: Gamemaker 8.1 lite, Paint, Google Chrome
Genre:Action, arcade shooter

Download link: http://sandbox.yoyog...ath-to-zeppelin

(Devlog in Western Pacific Time)
devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by Goinbatty, 29 April 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#26 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

TITLE: Defend The Treasure

Download:

https://www.dropbox....he_Treasure.zip

I hope you like it :D

DEVLOG:

Spoiler

Edited by Nocturne, 30 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

#27 MikeDark_x

MikeDark_x

The Shadow Angel

• GMC Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

image.png
stile: TDS
basic story: You  are the archangel  Michael and you are in a mission in the deepest part of the dark world (Hell), and well the natives dislike the foreign people, more if they are light beings, and as you must know archangels an angels are both light beings, and you are the foreign, fortunately you are an archangel that knows how to fight back, use your mouse... did I say mouse? I mean sacred sight  to use your sword to kill them, unfortunately you lost your powerful Archangel Sword when entering the Dark World, so you only have an Angel Sword, and your sacred white magic

Controls:

movement: WASD / ▲◄▼►

attack: left click

change weapon: right click

pause: P

Download:Host-a-net

Includes: hand to hand combat (basically a hit sequence), basic top down AI, top down mouse based direction engine (all moves are based on the mouse, not only attacks but walking and others too... difficult to explain just try it)

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

Dev Log:

Spoiler

Edited by MikeDark_x, 29 April 2013 - 03:04 AM.

And here I would put my cool signature... If I had one

#28 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

LogoGMC-2_zps560fc07b.png

Download:

Papantzin Installer (22MB)

Papantzin Stand Alone EXE (21MB)

Current Progress:

devlog_9_zps4f30ba67.png

Description:

Papantzin is the story of a stubborn young Texcocoan princess who succumbs to a fever and wakes up to discover she is being watched by a guardian spirit.

Devlog (Formatted: My local time, Jam time, hours worked, description).

MONDAY 29th APRIL

Spoiler

SUNDAY 28th APRIL

Spoiler

SATURDAY 27th APRIL

Spoiler

Icon_zpsd2036517.png

Edited by GameDevDan, 29 April 2013 - 03:12 PM.

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#29 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yal presents...
8-BIT VOMIT
- FOREIGN FOOD SURVIVOR -
vomitsnap02.png

After getting regurgiated by the alien who ate and nearly digested him (her?) whole, our cute little blobular hero sets out on a quest to get back home, and eat some food on the way. There are many obstacles to overcome: water you can drown in, pipes to crawl around in, blocks to push, levers to pull, passages to unlock, and 22 well hidden hearts to collect. You must use the humans wisely to overcome the insane puzzles you will encounter in this game.

This GameboyTM-styled puzzle platformer in gray and red spans a large 20 rooms with all sorts of challenges for your brain. Each and every level has two hidden hearts that you must collect in order to unlock a secret in the end of the game. In case you missed one, you can revisit old levels at your leisure and try to catch them all. The hearts start out easy to get but get gradually harder and harder to collect as more and more gameplay elements are introduced.

Download link: HERE!

Game topic: HERE!

Screenshots:
vomitsnap01.png
- - -
vomitsnap00.png
- - -
vomitsnap03.png

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#30 jett87

jett87

Apprentice

• GMC Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

ParaVerse

After losing on the Great War between your race and the Square race, your own kind is nearly being extinct. In order to save your own kind, you  and your fellow crew must get away from the Square race. Your ship entered a mysterious portal where on the other side brings a foreign and parallel universe. You have encountered hostile enemies which is from another race. The ship is now being targeted by this new race. Will the Triangle race die and be gone forever?

ParaVerse is a shmup game where you control a ship in the space and try to destroy the enemies. The enemies will come wave by wave, and each wave will be harder than the passed wave. If you destroyed an enemy, you will get an amount of scrap depending on the size of the enemy which can be used in upgrades.

Development Log:

Spoiler

Download Link: http://host-a.net/u/...7/ParaVerse.exe

Edited by jett87, 29 April 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#31 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

RUNNING from the FOREIGN

It will be an side scrolling game where you keep running all the time in the same direction, settled in a mysterious location you've never seen before, and you don't know how you got here. You're hunted by Something and must flee for you're life.

GAME TOPIC

DOWNLOADS (hotlinks, hosted on my  website) - VERSION 1.0.3.8

Single Executable (is more likely to make your virus scanner react)

.Zip File (includes several necessary files in addition to the game .exe in one compressed zip file)

Installer (will install several necessary files together with the game .exe)

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

Older content (not from devblog):
Spoiler

DEVBLOG (UTC + 1 time):
SATURDAY (the day of getting an idea):
Spoiler

SUNDAY (the day of doing everything):
Spoiler

MONDAY (the day of finishing it):
16:30
Spoiler

17:09
Spoiler

18:45 - Created a fourth level. I'm now done, if I don't decide to create a highscore list, GAME DOWNLOAD UPDATED. Mainly to avoid annoying virus scanners react to my game, I've now included .zip and installer downloads as well.

Edited by Bruin Games, 29 April 2013 - 05:28 PM.

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#32 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

SLIPPERY SLOPE

DADIO VS JACK

DA GAEM LINKZORZ!!! (*D*)b...

Exe link: https://dl.dropboxus...ipperySlope.exe

mocka.jpg

screen1kh.jpg

----------

In a tragic turn of events, sudden climate change in the very foreign country of Japan has triggered blizzards, new mountain ranges to pop out of nowhere & (almost) all women to have been kidnapped by even more foreign yetis! (;o;)!

It's Godzillas day off, so the only thing that stands in the way of... um... DOOM is a bright eyed maid-cafe gal & her luminous pink panties!

Yes! You are this girl!

The men of Japan need something to get their blood pumping again to give them the strength to rescue their better halves!

Clearly, it is your duty to grab your skis & give them a show of fan service-ish-acrobatic-trixology that will be remembered til the end of days! \(^o^')/

img3785111.jpg

img3786111.jpg

----------

DIARY TING:

FRI MIDNITE:

Yup.

Nice theme... handicap is gonna hafta be thought about...

SAT MORNING:

Basic idea planned out.

Scribbles made.

Engine being worked on.

Real art in progress...

UPDATE:

Probably not at all clear, but this is a team effort by myself (dadio) - design/art & jack oatley - coding.

This way, it actually stands a chance of being good (or at least remotely close to finished) cos normally I waste 90% of my time banging my head against code during these Jam things lol...

:ninja: :ninja:

Onwards to VICTORYYY!!!*

*Or at least defeat of NAL

SUNDAY:

*Smacks self hard in face*

Damn. It's hard being such a lazy... *cough*

Basic art for all in-game stuff done (still needs tweaking & anims - not happy with some stuff...)

Music chosen.

Font chosen. *chuckles*

Stay tuna'd...

TOO LATE ON SUNDAY:

Yes.

Game is looking... like something... *cough*

MONDAY 11pm-ish

FINISHED!!! OHHH YEAAAAHHHH!!!

MAD PROPS TO JACK WHO SAVED THE DAY!

Edited by dadio, 29 April 2013 - 10:41 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#33 bobmoo

bobmoo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

My game is done! It is called "The world I created that I hated" 22372.jpg

Get it here: http://gamejolt.com/...-i-hated/14255/

#34 amcd

amcd

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Cyan

Controls:

A & D: Move left and right

W: Jump

LMB: Fire weapon

RMB: Use jetpack

Avoid mines, lasers and evil robots. So far there are five levels of varying difficulty.

Windows (no install required)

screen2.png

Edited by amcd, 28 April 2013 - 10:05 PM.

GMCJam10_MiniBanner_zps49902e8a.png My Jam #10 entry: Cyan

#35 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

STAR BOMB ROCK BIRD 3

ETERNAL CHAMBER

A platform game in which the character must distort time to solve puzzles. Powers include Rewind, Slow and Pause.

It's dark and slightly gory, I hope you will enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

Edited by newkill, 29 April 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#36 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Introductions

Title1.png

Introductions is a puzzle-platformer where the player must switch back on the "wireless power" in order to save the little aliens and their weird ways.

ScreenShots

https://www.dropbox....xovmk/Game1.png

https://www.dropbox....1clbx/Game2.png

https://www.dropbox....durk6/Game3.png

https://www.dropbox....oupa2/Game4.png

https://www.dropbox....fqkc2/Game5.png

https://www.dropbox....zq08/Title1.png

Download : HERE

Notes :

This is an early release to make sure I have something submitted if my internet cuts out again. There's no "win" screen yet and there's a few rough edges but hopefully it will be sorted out soon :P

Edited by @Alex@, 29 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#37 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

rnv3Euc.png

Fpvc8k6.png
Platforms: Android, Windows
Tools: GM:Studio, Photoshop, Paint, OpenGameArt.ORG

WjVJWwP.png

stop-automatic-download.png

or

https://www.dropbox....Smithereens.exe

Edited by Fireball16, 29 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

twitter128x12832.pngbrowser128x12832.pngandroid128x12832.pngskype128x12832.png

#38 gmx0

gmx0

The Messenger

• GMC Member
  • 1220 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Game Title: Borders (subject to change)

Download Page

Screenshot:
14287_22423.jpg

Story: Something about time travel and immigration

Game: A variation of Tower Defense

While I was working on the music and sounds, the project file got corrupted. :( I'll be entering another game hopefully with the same graphics, which I recovered from the html5 folder. :/

Edited by gmx0, 29 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#39 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

whentheycomepng.png

I FINISHED IT :D

Aliens attack, they are taking humans and dumping them in the FREAKING ACID!

YOU HAVE TO STOP THEM!!!!

DOWNLOAD!

New Video:

Old video

Spoiler

DEVLOG IS IN CENTRAL TIME.

Day 1, Friday 7:00

Spoiler

Day 2, Saturday 10:12

Spoiler

Day 3, Sunday 7:21

Spoiler

Day 4, Monday 8:45

Spoiler

Edited by trg601, 29 April 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#40 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

PURPLE INTRUDERS

DOWNLOAD HERE!!! (final version)

This is the second game I'm entering for the Jam.

It's super action-packed and has amazing weapon upgrades!

Your mission is to survive as much waves as you possibly can by shooting your enemies.

Be sure to try it out.

I would love to hear your suggestions/thoughts about the game in this topic. :)

If you want to read my devlog or learn more about my other entry for the Jam, please view post 3 of this topic.

CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE:

-added health bars of the enemies

-fixed a few bugs

-added background audio

SCREENSHOTS

Schermafbeelding2013-04-28om144822_zps95

Schermafbeelding2013-04-28om144819_zps65

MORE SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

Edited by SecondReality, 29 April 2013 - 08:57 PM.

banner.png     banner.png

#41 Oracizan

Oracizan

Mutant Dreamer

• GMC Member
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Polaris: Star-crossed
For every soul, there is a star. When a soul dies, so too falls its star...
Download: (Link)

Inspired by an odd dream (which, in turn, I think was caused by Cowboy Bebop and Shrek, of all things), and whipped together in 10-hours. In short, this is more of a conglomeration of concepts than a fully fleshed out game. But what is GMC Jam for, if not experimenting? I combined some ideas from folklore and navigation, and with a theme like 'foreign' there was bound to be a bit of social justice in the mix in there as well. Abstract...but in a really straightforward kind of way. I'm running out of words, care to have a play?

psc_screenshot.png

Edited by Oracizan, 29 April 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#42 slojanko

slojanko

HARD GAMER

• GMC Member
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Alien attack

Story: An alien race has come to invade the Earth. It is now your mission to guide a nuclear bomb to the alien spaceship and blow it up. 

Recommended CPU: Intel Core Duo

Link: Yoyogames sandbox

Development blog

Spoiler

Edited by slojanko, 29 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Games in progress:

The unexpected: [--------------------]

My examples on YYG sandbox

My games on GameJolt

#43 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Island Medley.

My entry was a bit unexpected, so I won't be posting a devlog because I'm not working orginized enough and I've finished too much to have a devlog, BUT I'll still enter:

[DOWNLOAD THE GAME]
17MB (dangit, music)
.Zip file

[Discussion Topic (in case you wanted to throw me an unexpected comment]

Lost like the ship, hidden from view,
island so green, so deadly.
but what shall you see? no-one but you
and death, chanting a medley.

Death, chanting a medley, but whom for?
and why shall he sing it to you?
the devil resides, settle the score:
on the island, hidden from view.

Run around on the foreign, mystical island, hidden from view in this 8-bit arcade/platformer/runner mixup. Collect as many points as you can while avoiding the killers that lurk within the caverns of the island. Beat the high score, and defeat the devil himself (if I have time to finish the game) and explore over 30 areas (and counting) in this action packed NES hard black and white arcade game. 

• Online scoreboard!
  • over 30 areas to run around in
  • 10 minutes of game play! (You'll get killed if you waste more time)
  • simple and smooth controls (2 buttons; you won't be disappointed)
  • STUNNING LD 8-BIT GRAPHICS (IN BLACK AND WHITE!)
  • and best of all:
    3 STOLEN MIDI SOUNDTRACKS FROM OTHER GAMES!

somepic.PNG

Spoiler

Note: I will not be ignoring the handicap. I'm designing the game in color to get a realistic grayscale, and I'll post the final product in black/white like the handicap orders.

my devblog:
Spoiler

Edited by mr magnus, 29 April 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#44 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

screenshot1gy.png

Welcome to Snail Racer, inspired by Snail_Man and created by yours truly for the GMC Jam #10!

Play with a friend (or your other hand) as you race Grubby and Spud to glory!

Download:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Game Topic:

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=579210

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#45 MishMash

MishMash

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1124 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

This is my project, Defend the Homelands, a simplistic 3D RTS about defending your homeland against Foreign invadors, not very creative, but i hope the execution is good. Game was built entirely from scratch and done in 10 hours :D! The focus of the game was on simplicity and quick decisions, do you quickly buy another lumberjack, or do you invade before you get invaded?

Not gonna lie, i was hoping to get more done, found myself a little rushed, and thus didnt get the chance to implement 75% of what i planned. Gameplay is limited but it works, i hope the vibe is nice though :3! I also didn't get a good chance to run through and optimise everything so some ofthe 3D stuff might be quite slow, i recommend playing in slow mode (click yes at start) if you have an average PC.

Simple controls:

W, A, S, D - Camera
Right click - Rotate Camera
Click buttons to train units

DHL.png

My Game is done! Included coloured and grayscale version, just because i like the coloured version:

Download GrayScale (one that matches Handicap) Version: https://dl.dropboxus...s_GrayScale.zip

Download Coloured: 

Development Log:
Spoiler

GMC Topic for Feedback: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=579328 (thanks :3!)

Edited by MishMash, 29 April 2013 - 11:32 PM.

VitalitySig18thMar.png

#46 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

"Distant Mind" by 11clock

A 5 minute parkour platformer where the gameplay is symbolic to the story.

snapshot2ou.png

Edited by 11clock, 29 April 2013 - 03:35 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#47 94931355

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 71 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

SAMURAI GHOST HUNTER

wOfSDgz.png

Download: SAMURAI GHOST HUNTER

EDIT: Music added

Edited by 94931355, 30 April 2013 - 12:03 AM.

V2znODP.png

Get updates on MOBA! an Action Real Time Tactics (ARTT) game inspired by DOTA 2 and League of Legends.

#48 NightGrader

NightGrader

Game Maker Hobbyist

• GMC Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Dust cloud gone mad!

A simple game of grayscale where the dust cloud went mad due to a foreign interaction!
Protect your metallic ground from being cratered from dem asteroids!

DOWNLOAD

Screenie! 
12tec66.png

Edited by NightGrader, 29 April 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#49 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Nut a joke gaem 2

It is bak! nut a joke gaem 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! more enemis and tiles and levels and music!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better graphix!!!!!!!!!! better stori!!!!!!!!!! nau wit tutorial!!!! it awesome!!!! rly, play it play it play it u must play it u wil liek it!!!!!!!!!

Daunlod!!!!!!

skrinshot
skrinshot2.png

Seriously, I failed. It is just a bit worse than the previous one. So much stuff that I did't manadge to do. Oh, well, I'll make a non jam version with all the goodies like, for example. more realistic lag and leftovers of previous, pooorly erased sprites.

Edited by Lukasmah, 29 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#50 IrfanFox

IrfanFox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Title: Nut Kick

Controls: Arrow keys, X (punch), C (kick)

I was trying to program an AI and this is the result. This is more of an experiment than a game but it does have an ending. This game fulfilled the handicap but not the theme.

foDh4mO.png

DOWNLOAD

@IrfanFox