Photo
* * * * * 22 votes

The Great Gmcjam #10 Announcement Topic!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
975 replies to this topic

#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

GMCJam10_LargeBanner_zps73a3129c.png

WINNER

LUNE - Rainbow Below

Winner_Lune_zps15231f5c.png

SECOND

NEWKILL - Eternal Chamber

Second_NewKill_zps36c8a366.png

THIRD

YAL - 8Bit Vomit

Third_Yal_zps0cb1fef0.png

Full List of Final Votes Here:

Spoiler

VOTE HERE!!!!

GAMES HERE!

THEME: FOREIGN

HANDICAP: The game must solely use grayscale (black through white) and one other color for visuals

Countdown Clock

http://gmcjam.thegmc.com/

The smell of spring is in the air (at least in half the world) and that is enough to bring a twinkle to the eye of many a person... The primal urge to CREATE is upon us and so to help all you hormone high kiddies get over it, we present to you the Great GMCJam #10!!! This time around the Jam will run from Saturday 27th of April through Monday 29th and will be 72 hours dedicated purely to game development. So, take note and get ready, because it's nearly time to get jammin'!!!

WHAT IS IT?

The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.

WHEN IS IT?

• Competition officially Starts Saturday 27th April (but hype usually starts up on Friday before midnight when the theme is announced)
  • 72 hours long from 00:00 GMT Saturday 27th ...to... 23:59 GMT Monday 29th

THEME

• Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
  • This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
  • Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
  • To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
  • The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.

VOTING

• All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme (see above).
  • Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation", and the "Best Devblog".
  • It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
  • It is NOT obligatory to play nor review all the games! Honestly, when dealing with so many games, it is a difficult and sometimes daunting task to play through all of them and then vote. So don't do it! Play as many as you feel comfortable with and then vote for which of those that you liked, leaving comments and feedback where possible. Don't worry, the SSE voting system that we use will compensate. If everyone does this then all games WILL get played, and have feedback, which is what this is all about, and I'd prefer to see 5 quality reviews accompanied by five votes to 60 votes and no reviews.
  • In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
  • Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.

PARTICIPATING

• All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
  • You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
  • Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
  • The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
  • HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
  • People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
  • Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)

PRIZES

• The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next jam theme.
  • Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!

PRIZE LIST

These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to Nocturne and I will add it to this post.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!  :o

Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (but please do not reward last place!).

You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!

• Snail_Man: The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners will appear in his next jam game. Most likely as Easter Eggs, but possibly as main character. (He'll PM the winners after they've been announced to see what they'd want to look like in a game. If they don't answer, he'll be forced to get creative.)
  • TerraFriedSheep: Will write a review of the winning entry in the Reviewer's Choice forum.
  • @Alex@: Will give promo codes for both Pebbles and Meteor the Second Impact on iOS for the top three placed games.
  • True Valhalla: Would like to give away a copy of his book Making Money With HTML5 to his three favorite entries.
  • darkwalker247: Will create a boss adaptation of the main character or villain of the game that comes in first place, for his upcoming game "Iridescent Bloom", and will give a "Firefall" beta key to the best-looking (in his opinion) game that comes in a place that is a prime number.
  • AhmedElyamani: The person who creates the best game (in his opinion) will be allowed to design a totally new object for the new version of Pop the Bubble: the ultimate unblock challenge!
  • orange08: Will write a poem about whichever game he wants to (so it won't necessarily be for his favorite entry, it might instead be for the most poetic entry or some random shizzle).
  • Dangerous_Dave: 10th place gets "Monday Night Combat" on Steam, 15th place gets "Wanderlust: Rebirth" on Steam, Best Review (in his opinion) gets Bioshock 2 on Steam. He will also give a copy of "Dota2" on Steam to anyone who requests it, so long as they place a vote in the Jam (disallowed voters become ineligible, limited to first 18 requests, request must be made after Jam has ended and votes have been tallied to be sure vote is not disallowed)
  • TheUltimate: Offers a surprise. She is going to try something different this time and make a prize tailored specifically to her favourite entry. She won't know what it is until she starts, and you won't know what it is until you get it!
  • NAL: Will give the person with the lowest UNIQUE place a copy of "Cart Life", the IGF Grand Prize 2013 winner.
  • MonkeyMaw: Will give $30 to first place, $20 to 2nd place and $10 to third place to go towards any games purchased via Steam.
  • King Tetiro: Is offering to make a side quest NPC out of the main character in the game he considers to be most creative in graphic appearance (This will be for the next "Legena" game, "Union Tides"). He's also offering the "Loyalty Codes" in "Union Tides", which unlocks hidden content you wouldn't normally be able to unlock, to 3 games he considers to have the "Best Story/Background".
  • Lukasmah: Is offering a review and a banner to the playable game that gets the last place. That means, if a game is not playable he will go up the list until I find a playable one.
  • newkill: Will give to the creator of his favorite entry among the Top 5, $10 worth of RP for "League of Legends", or give a game of your choice as a gift on Steam (maximum value $10).
  • 11clock: Would like to offer a free copy of the full version of "Earth Overclocked" to his favorite entry (when it's released of course). The game is an action roguelike with minimal RPG elements and it has a big focus on combat and weapon variety.
  • HayManMarc: He will make Fan Art for the game with the best DevLog game presentation (in his opinion).
  • Desttinghim: He would like to offer to create fan art for the game that wins Best Presentation.
  • theweirdn8: Would like to donate $10 to the 2nd place winner in the name of PawByte.com.

We're hoping for plenty of community prizes, so please be generous!

Looking For A Team

If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM Nocturne to add your name below:

Support Banners

Please add a support banner to your forum signature.

GMCJam10_Banner_zpseec1ac8f.png

GMCJam10_MiniBanner_zps49902e8a.png

Edited by Nocturne, 18 May 2013 - 09:22 PM.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Messmerd

Messmerd

DAK Games

• GMC Member
  • 74 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hooray!!  :biggrin:

...and I got the 1st post too!

Edited by Messmerd, 19 April 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Need music? --> Free Music
New WIP game: Text Adventures

#3 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! I'll defenitely be entering!

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Check out my GM Marketplace Assets!

Follow me on Twitter: @OVLDD

#4 Hgameguy

Hgameguy

Prisma Code

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

It looks like it's jam time again!  :)

Too bad I won't be available that weekend... :(

I'll look forward to playing and testing what everyone else has made though.  :thumbsup:

-Hgameguy

Nova Maze

A brilliant Action/Puzzle maze game with stunning neon visuals and 70+ levels! Try it free!

Icon_512-e1379352083318.pngen_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

Trailer | Website

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Aaaaaaaaand we have a first community prize!

Snail_Man: The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners will appear in his next jam game. Most likely as Easter Eggs, but possibly as main character. (He'll PM the winners after they've been announced to see what they'd want to look like in a game. If they don't answer, he'll be forced to get creative.)

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#6 Overloaded

Overloaded

Oneirophobia

• GMC Member
  • 995 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

I propably will be live streaming my GMCJam 10 game dev process on twitch.tv, but I can't give you certain hours. I'm excited! I want to do better than my previous jam, and this is my first live streaming!

gmc_signature.png

Upcoming 2D Turn-Based RPG. You can visit our website, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Check out my GM Marketplace Assets!

Follow me on Twitter: @OVLDD

#7 CloudBomb

CloudBomb

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

With Ludum Dare going on at the same time, I am kinda torn.

When both themes are announced, i'll assess the situation and see if I can't do both. With GMC having an extra day, I might be able to work some magic. 

#8 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for adding the point that it is not obligatory to play and review all the games. I really hope this gets more people giving at least a handful of games feedback and votes, such that the overall amount of reviewing is higher than past Jams!

Also, I'll review the winning game in the reviewer's choice forum as my community prize!

#9 Ruub

Ruub

Finn The Human

• GMC Member
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Can't wait to see the games that come out of this :o

#10 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Another prize for the list...

TerraFriedSheep: Will write a review of the winning entry in the Reviewer's Choice forum.

Thanks!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#11 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

I will congratulate whomever wins.

#12 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hoping to be able to participate this time, it's always good for the creative juices. I've also PM'd Nocturne about offering some promotional codes for the top three places so I'm contributing even if I end up not having time to make a game.

Here's hoping for a good theme. 

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#13 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Moar Prizes!

@Alex@: Will give promo codes for both Pebbles and Meteor the Second Impact on iOS for the top three placed games.

Thanks!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#14 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

May have given Nocturne the wrong link for Meteor - The Second Impact, since that one links to the iTunes Connect app page. This one links to it in the store : https://itunes.apple...37683?ls=1&mt=8

But please note it won't be on sale until the end of the Jam.

#15 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

The theme and handicap are only one letter each, huh?

#16 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Nah. It's just conserving the number of letters/ words as a clue to give out later.

#17 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

No news on the Theme and handicap. I'm still waiting on word back from the previous Jam winners, so those "?" are placeholders for now. Oh and I missed a prize earlier, so it's now added to:

True ValhallaWould like to give away a copy of his book Making Money With HTML5 to his three favorite entries.

Nice!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#18 Shadow Link

Shadow Link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1615 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Clock updated :)

Edited by Shadow Link, 19 April 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#gmc - It's like that treehouse club you always wanted to join
Hyl2CGB.png

#19 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

It is NOT obligatory to play nor review all the games!

I still haven't changed my mind about this. Voting isn't fair unless every game gets a fair amount of play time by every voter. With the ever-increasing games, it's getting more and more difficult to vote fairly with the current system. Why do we even have voting/judging and prizes if this, according to Nocturne, isn't a competition? Until voting and prizes are removed, I'll always see these jam events as competitions to win community prizes.

I'll be joining this, but my tolerance towards the horrible design of these events is diminishing. Remove the voting and prizes, or treat these events like what they really are and implement a proper judging system.

Edited by 11clock, 19 April 2013 - 11:59 PM.

qNDVrhl.png

#20 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

The judging system is proper, it's voted by the community. What you're taking issue with is Nocturne trying to keep people from not joining for time issues.

#21 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

I still haven't changed my mind about this. Voting isn't fair unless every game gets a fair amount of play time by every voter. With the ever-increasing games, it's getting more and more difficult to vote fairly with the current system. Why do we even have voting/judging and prizes if this, according to Nocturne, isn't a competition? Until voting and prizes are removed, I'll always see these jam events as competitions to win community prizes.

It is NOT obligatory to play nor review all the games

I'll be joining this, but my tolerance towards the horrible design of these events is diminishing. Remove the voting and prizes, or treat these events like what they really are and implement a proper judging system.

I think you might be missing the point. The GMC Jam is to challenge yourself, socialize with other developers, and have fun. It's not about proving yourself better than others through fair competition!

At least, in my opinion.

#22 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

I think you might be missing the point. The GMC Jam is to challenge yourself, socialize with other developers, and have fun. It's not about proving yourself better than others through fair competition!

At least, in my opinion.

If the GMC Jam is not about being better than others, why the heck is there a voting system and why are there prizes? This just completely baffles me.

The judging system is proper, it's voted by the community. What you're taking issue with is Nocturne trying to keep people from not joining for time issues.

You just said the problem. The voting is done by the community. Also, I didn't vote last jam because of time issues, despite playing half of the games. Why would I have a problem with this?

Edited by 11clock, 20 April 2013 - 12:08 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#23 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

You just said the problem. The voting is done by the community.

It's the GMC Jam. It belongs to the GMC. If the voting wasn't done by the community, it wouldn't be the GMC Jam. It would still be a Jam, I guess, but it wouldn't be the GMC Jam. I wouldn't enter.

#24 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Clock updated :)

Marvelous! Thank you as always!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#25 PixelKing

PixelKing

Your Highness

• GMC Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Gah! I'm in! I just hope I'll be able to really make something playable, unlike last time. I'm just worried about being bombarded with homework that weekend, as that's how it's been for the past 2 weeks. :/

I'll make a good effort though!

pixelkingss12.png

#26 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

At least, in my opinion.

If the GMC Jam is not about being better than others, why the heck is there a voting system and why are there prizes? This just completely baffles me.

>>The judging system is proper, it's voted by the community. What you're taking issue with is Nocturne trying to keep people from not joining for time issues.

You just said the problem. The voting is done by the community. Also, I didn't vote last jam because of time issues, despite playing half of the games. Why would I have a problem with this?

The voting and reviewing can give you an idea of what others think of your game, it's not just for competition. And absolutely no competition is boring, so it's better to have a little.

Edited by darkwalker247, 20 April 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#27 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

You just said the problem. The voting is done by the community.

It's the GMC Jam. It belongs to the GMC. If the voting wasn't done by the community, it wouldn't be the GMC Jam. It would still be a Jam, I guess, but it wouldn't be the GMC Jam. I wouldn't enter.

It's called the GMC Jam because it's hosted by the GMC and takes place on the GMC, does it not?

EDIT: Also, we can easily fix this by removing the voting and prizes instead of enforcing a proper judging system. Then I will look at these events like everyone else looks at them.

Edited by 11clock, 20 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#28 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Because it's FUN?

Honestly... And please note that the SSE system is DESIGNED to cope with this type of voting scenario and so is absolutely spot on for the Jam. I have no idea why you have a problem with this and I can't help feeling that you are taking the whole thing waaaaaay too seriously.

Look, my last Jam game placed well, but I didn't win any prizes. However I DID generate enough to content to spur me to finish the job and make a commercially viable game. The prizes didn't motivate me, but the JAM itself did. If I'd won a prize I'd have been happy (who wouldn't?) but it's not important as the Jam fulfilled it's ideals and made me make a game with some pretty original ideas.

The Jam tries to cover all the bases and get as many people motivated and working as possible. This means that it has prizes, it has a theme and it has a handicap , and it has feed back and reviews.... BUT NOTE THAT NONE OF THAT IS OBLIGATORY!

It's up to YOU to claim your prizes! If you don't want one then don't claim it...

It's up to YOU to use the theme or the handicap. You can still compete and win prizes even if you don't use them

It's up to YOU to vote, reply, review... But if you don't then it doesn't matter as others will.

See? the Jam is a fun event about making games and enjoying yourself. if you don't like a part of it then don't do that part....

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#29 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'll be offering a prize again. What is it? Well, it's a surprise. I'm going to try something different this time and make a prize tailored specifically for my favourite entry. I won't know what it is until I start, and you won't know what it is until you get it. :)

Disclaimer: I don't know how well this will work, so don't get your hopes up too high.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#30 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Because it's FUN?

Honestly... And please note that the SSE system is DESIGNED to cope with this type of voting scenario and so is absolutely spot on for the Jam. I have no idea why you have a problem with this and I can't help feeling that you are taking the whole thing waaaaaay too seriously.

Look, my last Jam game placed well, but I didn't win any prizes. However I DID generate enough to content to spur me to finish the job and make a commercially viable game. The prizes didn't motivate me, but the JAM itself did. If I'd won a prize I'd have been happy (who wouldn't?) but it's not important as the Jam fulfilled it's ideals and made me make a game with some pretty original ideas.

The Jam tries to cover all the bases and get as many people motivated and working as possible. This means that it has prizes, it has a theme and it has a handicap , and it has feed back and reviews.... BUT NOTE THAT NONE OF THAT IS OBLIGATORY!

It's up to YOU to claim your prizes! If you don't want one then don't claim it...

It's up to YOU to use the theme or the handicap. You can still compete and win prizes even if you don't use them

It's up to YOU to vote, reply, review... But if you don't then it doesn't matter as others will.

See? the Jam is a fun event about making games and enjoying yourself. if you don't like a part of it then don't do that part....

Oh no, not the "If you don't like it, don't do it" argument. Try using this argument in a political debate. See how far it gets you.

I believe I've been a bit too negative about the GMC Jam, so I'll calm down. I have had fun in the previous jams. I made some neat stuff and I've learned a lot, but this wasn't what I was looking for when I joined these events. Let me explain where I'm coming from.

My first GMC Jam was GMC Jam #5, the one when I made Falling for Milk. When I saw the prize list and noticed that there was a #1 prize from YoYo Games, I immediately took the whole thing as a competition and entered. My main motivation in the GMC #5 Jam was that #1 prize. (I forgot what the prize was.) Of course I knew I wasn't going to get it, but there was no harm in trying.

When GMC Jam #6 was announced, I was surprised that there was no prize from YoYo Games because of my thoughts about the GMC Jam being a competition. The prizes from the community still looked good, so I entered. I had the same thoughts when I entered the following jams as well.

I've always entered the GMC Jams expecting a competition, and this is mainly because of the voting and prize system. Also, I find competitions fun (when done right), so that whole "It's for fun!" argument is invalid. I AM looking for fun. It's just not the type of fun that I'm expecting.

In short, I find more fun with the competition side of the GMC Jam than I do with the community side. I'm here to try to get a higher placing than my last one because I find this fun. Unfortunately, the competition side of the jam, in my eyes, is heavily flawed. This is why I'm annoyed.

Meh, you can't please everyone.

EDIT: Also, can you explain the SSE system?

Edited by 11clock, 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#31 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Also, can you explain the SSE system?

It's better shrouded in mystery, unknown by anyone unable to read the wikipedia article. (In your defense, I haven't either)

#32 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1248 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Cool I'm in, and this time no horrible joke entry =)

#33 Slammin Sam

Slammin Sam

I craft juicy things

• GMC Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Darn! Busy that weekend :(

Nothing to see here...move along

#34 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

On the other end of the spectrum, I feel like I should make a horrible joke entry this time.

Me too! I haven't had one of those since Jam #1!

#35 Exkakx

Exkakx

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 705 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

I've been waiting for this! I'm entering :D

ExkakxWord1.gifExkakxWord2.gifExkakxWord3.gifExkakxWord4.gif   

#36 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

I really hope I'll have the courage to participate this time...

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#37 TheNewcomer

TheNewcomer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'll participate on this! Probably won't do much of a game, but at least I'll have fun and hopefully some pointers to what I did wrong in the game. Basically I'm just participating for becoming a better game developer, bacause I can't match the quality of most of the rest

#38 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I really hope I'll have the courage to participate this time...

Don't be afraid of entering! What have you got to lose? The Jam is a great place to try something new get pointers on how to develop as a developer!

I'll participate on this! Probably won't do much of a game, but at least I'll have fun and hopefully some pointers to what I did wrong in the game. Basically I'm just participating for becoming a better game developer, bacause I can't match the quality of most of the rest

Good to hear! The good thing is you don't need to "match the quality" of others in order to take something away from the Jam :)

#39 TheSnidr

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist

• GMC Elder
  • 3345 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Whee, the jam's on yet again!

My goal this time is to at the very least vote. If I have the time I might even make a gameplay compilation video of all the games, but no promises! :)

I won't participate myself this time since it's the weekend before my final exam; I'd rather spend it consumed in books.

#40 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Memehehehehe! This time I shall be victorious! :ninja:

Also, WOW!... this'll be the 10th Jam! :banana:

Time flies.

Seems like only yesterday people were strangling each other to get this thing off the ground lol.

Anyway... Mark mentioned something there about claiming prizes... might as well mention that no-one has ever given me any address details to post any of the prizes I've offered for any of the Jams. Now, I realize said prizes may just be too damn good to bother asking about, :whistling: but just a reminder to anyone who actually wanted any of those things: PM me! Those stunning items are still available to claim!  :duck: :pickle: :yes:

Not much else to say other than *roll on next weekend!* :woot:

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#41 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'll have a lot of work for school that weekend but I'll really try to make a small fun game. I don't want to miss a single Jam! :)

banner.png     banner.png

#42 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm in AGAIN! This time, I will submit a game that works and that is finished as well.

#43 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

1 day old and already 3 pages...

Is it just me or is 3 months an incredibly short amount of time?

Also, I'm participating.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#44 Lolligirl

Lolligirl

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• GMC Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Eeeee. I may or may not be busy. I'll have to talk with TheSnidr.

LTCicon.pngTDCicon.pngRFicon2.pngPDicon.png

The Little Tornado, That Doggone Cat, Race Friends, Poker Defense

My Language Blog - Tips, tricks, and resources from yours truly for learning languages! | #gmc IRC - Join us!

#45 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Theme: ?

Handicap: ?

My guesses: 

The theme is "A" and the handicap is "X"

Am I right?

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#46 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think I may enter this time.

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#47 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have never been in a jam before... it sounds really exciting :D

I hope to enter it :D

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#48 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well I never officially said it, so I'm in!

#49 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

WE HAVE A THEME!!!

THEME: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Say thank you to TheSnidr and Lolligirl for this one, and I'm told they DO accept bribes but only if they are edible and cost lots of money...

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#50 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I won't participate myself this time since it's the weekend before my final exam; I'd rather spend it consumed in books.

I don't mean to seem rude... But...

THANK GOD!

At least everyone else has a chance now. 

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png