Modifications and add-ons to games can improve their longevity, fix bugs and issues, and generally make playing them a more pleasant experience. So, in order to help people make the most out of the great number of mods out there, I've compiled a small list of my own personal favourites, and hope it can be added to:
If find something you like or appreciate the effort, please +1 so I know it's been helpful.
Age of Empires II: AoK (+ the CEP)
- Forgotten Empires -- 5 new civs w/ unique units, 1000 pop. limit, new AI (with AI types), 11 new maps.
- Age of Chivalry -- Total conversion mod, set in Medieval Western Europe. New combat system, civilizations, techs etc.
- Renaissance -- Scenario-editor only add-on; over 100 units.
- Civilization Fanatics Center -- An astonishing amount of custom content, including:
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2/3
- RCT Grotto -- Custom tracks, rides, scenery and scenarios for all three games.
Sim City 4
- Guide to installing custom content for SC4
(I can make no guarantees about the safety of using the links above, nor am I responsible for any loss of information or other damage incurred through their use. Any user who makes use of the above links does so entirely at his/her own risk.)
Edited by masterofhisowndomain, 28 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.