5 replies to this topic

#1 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Modifications and add-ons to games can improve their longevity, fix bugs and issues, and generally make playing them a more pleasant experience. So, in order to help people make the most out of the great number of mods out there, I've compiled a small list of my own personal favourites, and hope it can be added to:

If find something you like or appreciate the effort, please +1 so I know it's been helpful.

Age of Empires II: AoK (+ the CEP)

• Forgotten Empires -- 5 new civs w/ unique units, 1000 pop. limit, new AI (with AI types), 11 new maps.
  • Age of Chivalry -- Total conversion mod, set in Medieval Western Europe. New combat system, civilizations, techs etc.
  • Renaissance -- Scenario-editor only add-on; over 100 units.

Civ IV

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2/3

• RCT Grotto -- Custom tracks, rides, scenery and scenarios for all three games.

Sim City 4

General Disclaimer

(I can make no guarantees about the safety of using the links above, nor am I responsible for any loss of information or other damage incurred through their use. Any user who makes use of the above links does so entirely at his/her own risk.)

Edited by masterofhisowndomain, 28 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

(Things you must try, for the games you already have)

Insightful links:
Higher Order Fun -- Game Design, Maths.
The Missing Concept -- Career/Hobby?
Neither Career Nor Hobby -- Career/Hobby?
Wario Land 4 Project -- Platformer design.

#2 mcmonkey

mcmonkey

mcmonkey

• GMC Member
  • 778 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Seems like mods should go in their own game's topic.
Spam prevents spam by spamming the spammers spam bots with spam.
YYGF Archive: http :// mcmonkey . org / yygf/classic/index . html
3794 Post on YYGF before the end.
Game Maker 8 Documentation Online: http :// mcmonkey . org / chmstore/gm8/files/index . html

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to massively exaggerate my points more often than humans take steps on Earth.
Disclaimer: My jokes are poorly planned and may end up looking like insults. They are not.

I finally got a real domain name! http://mcmonkey.org

#3 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

Nah, this is more convenient.  It's like a mod hub, which is more organized.  Especially if you'll just looking for something to mod, and you happen to have a few of these games already. :D  I like this idea.

However, Minecraft mods... there are too many of them, keep them out of here.

#4 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

But some of the games listed above do not have their own topic, and often serve a different purpose to pointing people towards a mod. Nah ...

... this is more convenient.  It's like a mod hub, which is more organized.  Especially if you'll just looking for something to mod, and you happen to have a few of these games already. :D  I like this idea.

... well, couldn't have said it better myself. But honestly, appreciate the support. As I say, feel free to contribute any mods you find or +1 if you like it. :)

EDIT: Added two very interesting mods for AoE, including a total conversion mod.

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

Insightful links:

#5 Brawl

Brawl

Magnitude Games

• GMC Member
  • 1299 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Do you know of any good mods for AoE III?  I've looked for a few, but didn't find anything terribly interesting.  I'm looking for, basically, new cards and larger unit (and building) caps for more interesting battles.  Maybe some larger maps as well?  I've never modded AoE III before, do I don't know what's really possible...

#6 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Do you know of any good mods for AoE III?  I've looked for a few, but didn't find anything terribly interesting.  I'm looking for, basically, new cards and larger unit (and building) caps for more interesting battles.  Maybe some larger maps as well?  I've never modded AoE III before, do I don't know what's really possible...

Sadly I don't. This Improvement Patch might be what you're after: it claims to offer unlimited units and certain buildings. However, I haven't verified it!

List Of Mods And Add-Ons

Insightful links: