#1 Elyk19

Elyk19

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

eTNbq.png5ZQkY.png
9vLIb.pngEhlDS.png

Guide Mario to the silver pipe through worlds of puzzles by painting him different colors. The game's special rule is that you pass through any obstacle that matches your color. Be careful, this applies to enemies as well!

Controls:
Z:Default key for Jump/Select/Open Editor Menu
X:Delete key for Cancel/Close Editor Menu.
Esc:Pause Game
Left/Right Arrows:Walk Left/Right
Left Click: Place Item in Editor
Right Click: Delete Item in Editor
Enter: Play Level in Editor
Mouse Wheel: Scroll Colors in Editor
Middle Click: Scroll Items in Editor

> Download <

#2 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

This looks really fun :D

I will respond later telling how much I liked it :D

EDIT:

I have just finished level 5, it is very fun and I like the puzzle peice of it :D (get it? puzzle peice XD)

this is a fun game I would recommend it to Mario fans :D

Edited by trg601, 19 March 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#3 Elyk19

Elyk19

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

This looks really fun :D

I will respond later telling how much I liked it :D

EDIT:

I have just finished level 5, it is very fun and I like the puzzle peice of it :D (get it? puzzle peice XD)

this is a fun game I would recommend it to Mario fans :D

Thanks for playing it.

#4 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I think it is a very fun game I told a few people about it, for some reason their like: oh...um...maybe I will take a look at that later.

If anyone is reading this right now DOWNLOAD THE GAME.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#5 GreekArachnid

GreekArachnid

GMC Member

• 14 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I decided to give it a shot!

-Graphics are nice

-Movement is fairly solid

-I like the concept

-Not going to lie though, 'Mario Learns About Colors' while a tad humorous... it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I would work on changing the name to suit the game. A humor name is for a humor game. If you get what I mean.

-I didn't really see much of an incentive to get the coins. They are a hassle to get because of the gimmick and there is not really a reward or special title for getting them all.

-Maybe give this idea a thought, when you are a certain color you make the blocks that you can pass through about half the transparency they are when you actually go through them. I think it would make the game look a bit cleaner and better but that's just me.

-Pyramid level was pretty amusing

-I like the game icon

-Maybe it would be pretty cool for an icon of the colors you currently have in yourself in the top right corner in a UI box or something.

#6 Elyk19

Elyk19

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

-Not going to lie though, 'Mario Learns About Colors' while a tad humorous... it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. I would work on changing the name to suit the game. A humor name is for a humor game. If you get what I mean.

-I didn't really see much of an incentive to get the coins. They are a hassle to get because of the gimmick and there is not really a reward or special title for getting them all.

-Maybe give this idea a thought, when you are a certain color you make the blocks that you can pass through about half the transparency they are when you actually go through them. I think it would make the game look a bit cleaner and better but that's just me.

-Maybe it would be pretty cool for an icon of the colors you currently have in yourself in the top right corner in a UI box or something.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

-There's actually some history behind the title that I won't go into here. But yeah I agree that it should be changed. Once I have more time I plan on giving it a new title and then redoing the graphics so it's an original game.

-A reward exists for collecting all of the coins actually.

-I thought about making the other blocks transparent but it won't really work when you have enemies later on that change color. It also has the potential to teach you the concept incorrectly.

-I don't understand what you mean by this.

#7 hydroxy

hydroxy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Looks pretty fun, I must have a go at it later

OK, well after having played all 30 levels of the game I have to say its a very well done game. Its got great level design especially if you enjoy this type of puzzle platformer. 

Everything seems to have a reason to be exactly where it is, the subtle addition of new gameplay elements throughout is genuinely enjoyable and the bosses are pretty cool.

My one problem is this: Why does it have to be a Mario fan game. If you made original artwork and assets for the game it could be 100% original and maybe even more enjoyable. I think if you added a story to it also it would benefit somewhat and could have the potential to be a very polished gem of game that could even be sellable on the right platforms.

Overall, I'd give it 7/10. So yeah its pretty good :)

Edited by hydroxy, 24 March 2013 - 08:11 PM.