158 replies to this topic

#151 >Edward<

>Edward<

Software Demon

• GMC:Member
  • 370 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Aha! Are we trying to kick True Valhalla's Ass, because for ridiculous reasons? So damn typical to turn something like this into a flame war. Honestly I'm way more annoyed by NakedPaulToast's way of dealing with people, show a little more respect in your replies and try to solve things rather than igniting/starting Mickey Mousing about something you just don't like... seriously man, you do that EVERY single time. Is there also a laid-back version of yourself... I would love to see some comrade-ship here ^___^
This is getting pretty stupid now, people turning against each other... and I thought, me BlackDragon and roytheshort are out of control = P

edit: ninja'd by Mr.RPG. Okay, enough now, NOW it's me against Mr. RPG! Lemme start first: YOU LITTLE... = P

Edited by >Edward<, 20 March 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#152 Oracizan

Oracizan

Mutant Dreamer

• GMC Member
  • 550 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

NPT and TV, you two keep derailing topics with your arguments about GMB articles. Could you take it to PMs or something? I understand that you feel the need to respond and defend your honor once another poster has publicly challenged you, but it's really no excuse. "He started it" only works when you're 7, and even then not really well...

Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, or how justified the argument is, this is an important topic for members to gain information about the GMC hacking from and it'd be better if they didn't have to wade through a page of squabbling to do so.

#153 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

NPT and TV, you two keep derailing topics with your arguments about GMB articles. Could you take it to PMs or something? I understand that you feel the need to respond and defend your honor once another poster has publicly challenged you, but it's really no excuse. "He started it" only works when you're 7, and even then not really well...

Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, or how justified the argument is, this is an important topic for members to gain information about the GMC hacking from and it'd be better if they didn't have to wade through a page of squabbling to do so.

I would like to point out that my response that started this little squirmish quoted and responded to information posted in this topic. I'd also like to point out that there was no ad hominem attacks against him in that response.

He responded with pure ad hominem.

The misinformation he has been spreading here (and on his blog) does NOT contribute to educating people about what happened.

And I did take it else where, I took it to my signature. He then brought my signature back here, which I ignored.(until now).

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 20 March 2013 - 06:31 AM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#154 Slammin Sam

Slammin Sam

I craft juicy things

• GMC Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Great... Just great...

Thanks to YYG's terrible security, I have to change half my passwords to EVERYTHING. I should never have trusted YYG or GMC with an important password.

I'm with TrueV on this one. Got your back, bro.

I've been fed up with the way YYG have handled Game Maker for years now. Terrible outdated forums, over-priced software, moving the whole user-game database to the "Sandbox", which is NEVER updated and is very 'invisible' on the YYG home page. Deleting YoYoGames Forums, a community which I really loved once upon a time, which, by the way, had countless bots.

Oh, and who could ever forget that logo competition....truly terrible stuff.

They've probably made tens of thousands (dare I say hundreds?) of dollars charging the ridiculous amount they force people to pay for GMS (Master). I do not understand how none of these profits went towards updating GMC's security?

Then they release a Linux export instead of creating the truly important GMS features like multiplayer, camera access, etc.

YoYoGames have continuously disappointed me for a long time...

(sorry for going slightly off topic, just wanted to express my frustration with YYG)

Edited by Nocturne, 20 March 2013 - 07:16 AM.
Stupid image removed

Nothing to see here...move along

#155 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

OK.

Now, if Mike feels it's important to determine how long the exploit has been in place.

He can download two forensic utilities called mactime and mac-robber. These utilities are available at sleuthkit.org. What they do is sort all files on a filesystem or slice by Modify-Access-Create times. Concentrate on the MACtimes for the log.txt file and modified PHP files.

The next step is to look at all files in that time frame, the data presented will let him know all files that have been changed, this will also be  valuable if the hacker was able to escalate his privileges beyond that of the the webserver to see if files outside of the webroot area have been modified. 

You can then scan the log files in that time frame to get IP addresses. The IP addresses can be valuable to see if the hacker has returned  and possibly downloaded sensitive data.

The problem is the Mike's initial investigation and subsequent upgrade has probably wiped out a lot important information, but the MACtimes on those files are the likely time frame the exploit has been in place.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 20 March 2013 - 06:52 AM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#156 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

My last custom title

• GMC Member
  • 7629 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

I love your signature. Classy stuff. QFT.

Not sure that if you do take offense to any of that, why you would. You yourself have stated that you're not sure why you were ever asked to be a moderator in the first place. To be honest--you have an ego, and it shows. It doesn't reflect well on the forum, nor the company it represents.

#157 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Dear god... What a mess of a topic... Guys, please keep things orderly around here, as this is a serious issue which is being discussed and I'd rather not have to close this topic, or start to remove posts.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#158 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

I have a sure way to bring it back on topic

Close the topic.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#159 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

This topic should be locked, because it has gone way out of line. Members shouldn't be fighting each other over petty disputes.

We should all be friends and nice to each other.  :thumbsup:

*this*.....  well said.

Gotten WAY out of control. For those who are having an issue  changing passwords, try the password recovery too, we've found that helped.